PDA

View Full Version : Johnny and Ruby's relationship

LostVoodoo
16-12-2005, 15:29
Discuss.

am i the only one who finds it more than a little weird and beyond a normal father-daughter relationship? it's just so intense! seriously, i think Johnny is taking the fact that his 17 year old daughter has a proper bf a little too hard. is it just me who thinks he seems like to be acting as if Ruby has been unfaithful to him or something? i'm not suggesting anything particularly incestuous about it, but maybe linked to the death of his wife? Johnny needs some serious therapy...

the_watts_rule
16-12-2005, 16:01
Maybe because his wife and eldest daughter died, He wants to protect her. But if he carries on like this he will really needs some serious therapy or something.

dddMac1
16-12-2005, 16:05
all he wants to do is protect Ruby.she's all he has got left, but he has to calm down and let her grow up she's not his litle girl anymore otherwise he will lose her for good

littlemo
16-12-2005, 16:25
To me it's a repeat of Den and Sharon, Johnny is so over protective that he's almost like her other half, trying to keep her away from men. He has to be needed all the time. He's so selfish.

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 16:29
some fathers are like that.. very very over protective of their daughters.. I know my little girls father said he is going to meet all her future boyfriend holding a shotgun... He would prefer to see her in a nunery (SP?) then dating

Jada-GDR
16-12-2005, 16:33
his wife and scarlett died, so ruby's the only person he's got left now. he doesnt want anyone else to have her. littlemo your right he seemes to think that she wont be able to do anything without him being there. i really hate him. he should be grateful that ruby is still with him after what happened with peggy and killing people and everything, so why is he being so mean?

the_watts_rule
16-12-2005, 16:48
To me it's a repeat of Den and Sharon, Johnny is so over protective that he's almost like her other half, trying to keep her away from men. He has to be needed all the time. He's so selfish.

It is but all fathers are protective over their daughters.

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 16:49
It is but all fathers are protective over their daughters.

I know my dad was but not to the extent of Johnny or Den but he did try to keep me protected from the real world

.:SpIcYsPy:.
16-12-2005, 17:18
I think he just cares about her!! Yes it would be really annoying for Ruby but I would never go and do anything if I had a dad like that!! He knows that she's the only family he's got so he dosen't want to let her go!!

the_watts_rule
16-12-2005, 17:27
I know my dad was but not to the extent of Johnny or Den but he did try to keep me protected from the real world

My Dad is protective but not to the extent of Johnny or Den.

littlemo
16-12-2005, 21:48
My Dad is protective but not to the extent of Johnny or Den.

Exactly! There's protective and smothering. It's probably extra difficult for Johnny to let go because of what happened to his wife and Scarlet, but he needs too. Ruby needs to have a life, she shouldn't be deprived from it because of what happened to her family.

Lindy
16-12-2005, 23:09
Johnny is an over protective plonker, who needs to sort his own life out befor ehe start interfering in other peoples.