PDA

View Full Version : shaynes sympathy vote

chance
14-12-2005, 13:12
THERE are just THREE days to go until the final of X Factor – the hottest show on TV.

Remaining acts Shayne Ward, Journey South and Andy Abraham will all battle it out for a £1million record deal. Today we launch our brilliant series of interviews with the finalists.

Here, we talk exclusively to heart-throb Shayne about his secret pain.

X FACTOR pin-up Shayne Ward has vowed to win the telly talent contest – to help ease his family’s pain over his dad’s rape conviction.
The 21-year-old hunk is 4/7 odds-on favourite to triumph on the ITV1 show on Saturday night.

But it will still be a deeply emotional moment if he scoops the £1million record deal and becomes the new prince of pop.

Shayne has battled to get his life back on track after his father Martin was jailed for eight years. His brother has also been on trail and was cleared of murder.

In an exclusive interview with TV Biz, Shayne says: “Things have been very tough but I knew the stuff about my past was going to come out.

“As soon as I got through the auditions and on to TV I was just waiting for it to happen — and that’s almost worse, having it hanging over me.

“So when everything came out, it was almost a relief.”

Shayne’s estranged father was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court five months ago for a rape which the judge described as “disgraceful” and “of the worst possible kind.”

Ward, who admitted the offence, was ordered to sign on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life. He had been boozing and could not remember the attack, the court heard. Shayne says: “My dad is in prison but I love him dearly. I haven’t spoken to him for years but I will get in touch.”

Proud ... Shayne's mum Philomena
and sis Lisa

The wannabe star, who was brought up in Manchester by his mum Philomena, adds: “It was horrible, but it was toughest on my mum. I was most worried about her.

“When things like this happen, you just need your family around you.

“As soon as everything got into the papers, my family just stuck together. They have all been so supportive. We’re all looking after each other.”

Meanwhile, Shayne’s 28-year-old brother — named Martin after their father — was charged with murdering a pregnant mum seven years ago. Janet Johnson’s naked body was found with horrific head injuries.

Martin admitted having sex with her on the night of her death but denied killing her and he was later cleared. Now the family are hoping for happier times – but with Shayne’s success they are still on tenterhooks.

He reveals that Philomena has been too emotional to come to the TV studios to watch the live shows and says: “She came down a couple of times but couldn’t take the strain. It gets very tense and she said she’d be better off watching at home.

“She bursts out crying every time she sees me on stage. But she will be there at the final on Saturday.”

Shayne’s struggle to make a living from singing began when he sang in a band called Destiny. He then tried his luck as a solo artist and reached the final 30 of Popstars: The Rivals in 2002. He says: “I would love to win X Factor for Mum. It is not about the money, it is about making her happy and making my family proud.”

Tot star ... baby Shayne

He says his sister Lisa has been an amazing support, adding: “She has been in charge of sorting everything out, getting all the family down every week to watch the show.”

Shayne can also rely on the love of his other siblings, Mark, Martin, Michael, twin sister Emma and Leona.

Even if he does not win, Shayne is still on the way to getting a record deal.

It is only months ago that he was selling shoes for a living but he is already being called the new Justin Timberlake.

He says: “I like him and I take it as a compliment if people think I look and sing like him.”

Shayne is also enjoying the attention he’s now getting from female fans.

He blushes: “It’s brilliant. All my mates keep ringing me up and telling me I’m a lucky so-and-so. But I haven’t had any knickers thrown at me yet.”

He denies reports that he was romancing pretty Laura Conway, from fellow X Factor stars the Conway Sisters, insisting he is still with lucky girlfriend Fay.

Shayne says: “It’s been hard but we are still together. If I go touring we will have to see what happens, but we will work it out.”

On Saturday, Shayne will have to work even harder after losing his voice last week.

He had to scrap plans to sing Queen’s Don’t Stop Me Now and instead warbled Ronan Keating’s If Tomorrow Never Comes.

But after overcoming so many hurdles, it’s going to take something very, very special to stop Shayne.

chance
14-12-2005, 13:13
nice family huh?

Abi
14-12-2005, 14:01
Thats what i was thinking! This was in the papers before the live shows begun though, its just been picked up on again now that he's a potential winner