PDA

View Full Version : Manchester............

phils little sister
13-12-2005, 12:30
Hi Everyone

I am going to Manchester on Thursday for some christmas shopping just wondering if any of you guys have any tips / suggestions on which shoping centres, markets, high streets, etc. to go to that are good value for money......

Tori
13-12-2005, 13:09
ok, christmas market outside the town hall, the arndale centre in the centre of manchester. the market is a european one and then there are small market stalls around the city. there is the triangle with slightly more up market shops aswell.

in the arndale there are all the high street stores and then the markets have more individul things. if i think of any more i will let you know

phils little sister
14-12-2005, 10:49
thanks xx

looking forward to going never been before....

Tori
14-12-2005, 17:52
how you getting here?

phils little sister
19-12-2005, 12:19
hi i went by plane.. my friend's brothers girlfriend lives in warrington so she picked us up from the airport and brought us to the Trafford Centre, it was great - so many shops then she dropped us of in the city centre and we went to the arndale centre there was so many shops to get to had a great day was knackered tho going home and was in so much pain the next day from all the walking and carrying of the bags - had a great day and will deffo be going back but will need to spend the weekend i think to get to all the shops!

Thanks for your help :D x

Katy
19-12-2005, 17:34
Glad you had a good day.

Tori
19-12-2005, 20:18
lol. its a shame the international market wasn't as good as it has been in the past- by saturday some of the usual traders had gone home so i hope it was alright for you

Skits
11-04-2006, 12:22
can someone tell me where to stay in manchester that is near old trafford but also not too far from the airport, if there is such a place!

Tori
23-04-2006, 14:54
is that possible? because they are quite far apart. there are a few travel lodges and night inn (i think thats what they are called) along the motorways, but apart from that not sure

Skits
24-04-2006, 10:13
i got a place that's only 20 mins from the airport and very near public transport so i should get to old trafford ok. i arrive on the monday night so i'll have all day tuesday to find the stadium!

Tori
24-04-2006, 18:40
you can get the train from manchester airport to piccadilly then get the metrolink in the direction of altricham, and get off at old trafford and you should be there :) (get the tram from piccadilly)

Skits
25-04-2006, 09:36
thanks for that cos i was thinking i'd have to get a taxi from the airport. i can get the train to piccadilly as the hotel is only five mins from there.