PDA

View Full Version : hubbys and our xmas pressies

chance
12-12-2005, 20:50
does your hubby know what you want for xmas? do you have to tell him what to get you or does he know and go and get it by himself ?

i had to pick out what i wanted today and then hed go off and buy it,not exciting i know but at least i get something i like.he said i can have it now but i told him to wrap it for me at least

Debs
12-12-2005, 21:27
dave dosent have a clue!

i gave him a list this year so he could pick something but in the end i picked out my phone and ordered it while i was here!

i picked my pressie from connor which were some big yetty blue slippers!

i have got a load of little pressies though which i have no idea about

chance
12-12-2005, 23:00
ive told him i dont want them until xmas day,today he got me perfume,boots,a new jacket and lee evans new dvd and doc martin series one on dvd,he also bought me this laptop as a xmas present and he says he gonna get me a few more bits but at least ive chosen all that i do want

alan45
12-12-2005, 23:10
Give us poor men a break. How do you buy something for the woman who has everything

Debs
12-12-2005, 23:10
ive told him i dont want them until xmas day,today he got me perfume,boots,a new jacket and lee evans new dvd and doc martin series one on dvd,he also bought me this laptop as a xmas present and he says he gonna get me a few more bits but at least ive chosen all that i do want

dave got me my phone but other than that i have no idea what he gfot me!!

Debs
12-12-2005, 23:11
Give us poor men a break. How do you buy something for the woman who has everything

a woman can nevre have enough clothes shoes and most importantly diamonds!!!

alan45
12-12-2005, 23:13
I'm her diamond :)

Debs
12-12-2005, 23:13
I'm her diamond :)

:rotfl: im sure she coul;d do with a few more!!

JustJodi
12-12-2005, 23:15

Oh Alan,, do what i do,, i give Kim a list of things I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE,, he just gets some of the stuff off the list,, i never know which item he chooses,, so its fun finding out what hes gotten me.. MARKS 1-10 HE GETS A 9 FOR EFFORT :rotfl:

chance
12-12-2005, 23:21

very true

chance
12-12-2005, 23:23

problem is half the time they dont know what size you are

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 09:14
My ex hubby never had a clue what to get me... once he asked what I wanted, I foolishly said nothing and that is what he got me!!! I was just doing the woman thing and saying nothing in the hope he would use his imagination and get me a surprise. but no!!!! :angry:

JustJodi
13-12-2005, 09:28
My ex hubby never had a clue what to get me... once he asked what I wanted, I foolishly said nothing and that is what he got me!!! I was just doing the woman thing and saying nothing in the hope he would use his imagination and get me a surprise. but no!!!! :angry:

problem with most men.... they have very little imagination when it comes to us women and gifts and the element of surprise. I swear most men are NOT ROMANTICS at heart..:angry:

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 09:51
problem with most men.... they have very little imagination when it comes to us women and gifts and the element of surprise. I swear most men are NOT ROMANTICS at heart..:angry:
I think I win the award for the most unromantic man!!.. our first valentine's day he asked another girl if I could BORROW!! one of her roses for the night.. Another valentines day, he got everyone to sign a bday card for me, my bday is in June... He never wrapped any pressies and never got me any surprises

Our first wedding anniversary I put candles all over the house and lovingly carved all the food into heart shapes.. he came home, asked if we forgot to pay the electricity bill, turned on the lights and then proceeded to eat the food without noticing the hard work I did... needless to say, i am no longer married to him :rotfl:

JustJodi
13-12-2005, 09:55
I think I win the award for the most unromantic man!!.. our first valentine's day he asked another girl if I could BORROW!! one of her roses for the night.. Another valentines day, he got everyone to sign a bday card for me, my bday is in June... He never wrapped any pressies and never got me any surprises

Our first wedding anniversary I put candles all over the house and lovingly carved all the food into heart shapes.. he came home, asked if we forgot to pay the electricity bill, turned on the lights and then proceeded to eat the food without noticing the hard work I did... needless to say, i am no longer married to him :rotfl:

You sure do win the prize kiddo,,, i was going to call him something but this is a kiddie forum so can't use cuss words LOL
but u get the idea:rolleyes:

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 10:22
You sure do win the prize kiddo,,, i was going to call him something but this is a kiddie forum so can't use cuss words LOL
but u get the idea:rolleyes:

Yep and I am sure what you are thinking, I have already called him :rotfl::rotfl:

JustJodi
13-12-2005, 11:00
Yep and I am sure what you are thinking, I have already called him :rotfl::rotfl:

I have used every cuss word in the off colour books and a bunch of signs too so my ex husband got the message he was a *&&^%%%$$ :rotfl: :lol:

Jojo
13-12-2005, 11:44
My hubby told me to buy myself some pressies and then he would give me the money back!!! :rotfl:

But as I refused, he is now using his imagination and has bought me loads of stuff, that I haven't got a clue what it is!! Love him :heart:

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 12:01
My hubby told me to buy myself some pressies and then he would give me the money back!!! :rotfl:

But as I refused, he is now using his imagination and has bought me loads of stuff, that I haven't got a clue what it is!! Love him :heart:

WOW!!! not only are you great at helping me when I have problems but you are can also get a man to use his imagination!!! Amazing women you are Em!!!

Jade
13-12-2005, 12:14

My boyf has got a mate who is a jewler so every xmas and b-day I get diamonds! but its wearing a bit thin now as he doesnt use his imagenation just goes round and chooses somthing! (god I sound like a spoilt cow!!!)

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 12:15
My boyf has got a mate who is a jewler so every xmas and b-day I get diamonds! but its wearing a bit thin now as he doesnt use his imagenation just goes round and chooses somthing! (god I sound like a spoilt cow!!!)

not at all... you need to get something different.. i know it is probably a different bit of jewellery but you know you will get diamonds all the time.. that is not spoilt it is boring after a while

Jade
13-12-2005, 12:18
not at all... you need to get something different.. i know it is probably a different bit of jewellery but you know you will get diamonds all the time.. that is not spoilt it is boring after a while

He's just lazy with no imagenation!!!! (sorry he's being a idiot at the moment)

JustJodi
13-12-2005, 12:23
He's just lazy with no imagenation!!!! (sorry he's being a idiot at the moment)

Men turn into blithering IDIOTS around certain holidays,, Christmas, Valentines Day, our birthdays and ANNIVERSARIES,, Gawd !!!! This thread should be FOR WOMEN ONLY lol this is a good MALE BASHING THREAD:cheer: :rotfl:

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 12:26
Men turn into blithering IDIOTS around certain holidays,, Christmas, Valentines Day, our birthdays and ANNIVERSARIES,, Gawd !!!! This thread should be FOR WOMEN ONLY lol this is a good MALE BASHING THREAD:cheer: :rotfl:

I don't see any man coming here to defend mankind so they must believe that they are useless :lol:

alan45
13-12-2005, 12:41
I don't see any man coming here to defend mankind so they must believe that they are useless :lol:
Well here I am. I always try to buy my wife something different and unusual every year. Last year I took her away on a break to NICE, this year we are heading off to Westport for a few days. I buy her flowers for no reason. However on the minus side I dont do housework but on the plus side I love cooking. I have this theory why use one pan when you can use four.

I bought her a chair one year but she wouldn't plug it in.

One year she bought me two nice ties a red one and a blue one. I wore the blue one and she asked me what the @@@@ was wrong with the red one :D

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 12:45
Well here I am. I always try to buy my wife something different and unusual every year. Last year I took her away on a break to NICE, this year we are heading off to Westport for a few days.

Westport in Ireland????

I have this theory why use one pan when you can use four.

Of course you do cause you don't have to clean up!!!

I bought her a chair one year but she wouldn't plug it in.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Trinity
13-12-2005, 13:02
I went to the Argyle Arcade in Glasgow with my husband and picked out a nice diamond pendant. I love the man dearly, but no way do I want him to chose my present - even if he is paying for it!

RealityGap
13-12-2005, 13:24
PMPL - I am all for giving the men in our lifes a list and getting him to choose something off it, although to be fair to my DH he did choose the nicest gift I have ever had all by himself, it is a beautiful wooden music box, that he gave me the night before our wedding :)

alan45
13-12-2005, 14:04
Westport in Ireland????

:
Yep in County Mayo :)

JustJodi
13-12-2005, 14:08

Alan that is a beautiful area,, Kim and I adore County Mayo !!!!

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 14:10

it is lovely there.. do you live close????

alan45
13-12-2005, 14:11
it is lovely there.. do you live close????

About 200 miles away

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 14:20
About 200 miles away

On some remote Island in the alantic :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

crazygirl
13-12-2005, 15:09
my bloke is the same i have to tell him what i want so i know what in getting i even bought myself a pineapple top and give it to him and said here wrap this up for christmas

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 15:11
my bloke is the same i have to tell him what i want so i know what in getting i even bought myself a pineapple top and give it to him and said here wrap this up for christmas

:rotfl::rotfl:

crazygirl
13-12-2005, 15:14
:rotfl::rotfl:its not funny it does my head in!! we have been together 12 years in january he must know what i like by now

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 15:38
its not funny it does my head in!! we have been together 12 years in january he must know what i like by now

they never know... you can drop hints all year round and they still won't get it...

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-12-2005, 15:42
I for one say leave them alone!! It's not really their fault they are like that!! They are your hubbies and that's what really counts!! My dad buys mum these gorgeous jewellery and she always is so fussy but then I always back up my dad!! It's not fair on them getting them blame!! They're your hubbies :)

Debs
13-12-2005, 16:47
I for one say leave them alone!! It's not really their fault they are like that!! They are your hubbies and that's what really counts!! My dad buys mum these gorgeous jewellery and she always is so fussy but then I always back up my dad!! It's not fair on them getting them blame!! They're your hubbies :)

well i for one buy him so much and so much thought goes into his pressies that i feel a bit peeed off when i get something i have told him ot get me for once i would love a great big surprise but taht has NEVER happened!!!!!!! one day maybe

Jade
13-12-2005, 16:47

Its the thought that counts, but it would be a bit better if they did think (once in a while!!!). One year my boyf got me some hair straightners when my hair is poker straight and could not be any straighter!!!

Jade
13-12-2005, 16:48
well i for one buy him so much and so much thought goes into his pressies that i feel a bit peeed off when i get something i have told him ot get me for once i would love a great big surprise but taht has NEVER happened!!!!!!! one day maybe

Exactly Debs, even if they do get it wrong, its not about how much money they spend its how much thought the've put into the gift

13-12-2005, 17:00
What do you want?!

JustJodi
13-12-2005, 17:10
its not funny it does my head in!! we have been together 12 years in january he must know what i like by now

Ah men cant live with out em !!! they make our lives interesting for sure,, face it girls, if we didn't have these doody heads in our lives we would be so boring !!!!!!:rotfl:

Siobhan
13-12-2005, 17:18
that is 100% true.. what would we have to complain about :cheer:

samantha nixon
13-12-2005, 17:31
my dad buys my mum lovely stuff and she doesnt have to point it out he just knows what shell like

Debs
13-12-2005, 17:57
What do you want?!

my hubbie ot have some independant thoughts would benice :D

Debs
13-12-2005, 17:58
that is 100% true.. what would we have to complain about :cheer:

not having a man!!! we cpmplain about not having one for so long and then we get our dream man and we still complain LOL

Debs
13-12-2005, 17:58
my dad buys my mum lovely stuff and she doesnt have to point it out he just knows what shell like

where did she find him???? he must be one of the rare ones

chance
13-12-2005, 19:47
mine is forever buying me lingerie which was ok at first but now annoying as i swear its for his benefit rather then mine lol

chance
13-12-2005, 19:50
the forst year we were together i toldhim i wanted a certain stephen king book,he bought me 6 stephen king books! never did read them,i think he must have forgot which one it was i wanted

13-12-2005, 20:11
mine is forever buying me lingerie which was ok at first but now annoying as i swear its for his benefit rather then mine lol
:rotfl: :heart:

Jojo
13-12-2005, 20:21
the forst year we were together i toldhim i wanted a certain stephen king book,he bought me 6 stephen king books! never did read them,i think he must have forgot which one it was i wantedAwww, bless him, he was probably hoping the right one was in there somewhere lol!

The problem my hubby and I have, is that we buy each other stuff throughout the year, so then when it comes to special days, we haven't a clue what to get. I'm useless when it comes to buying something for my hubby - normally it would be some tools or something like that, but now we buy that sort of stuff through the business (great for tax breaks and getting rid of some of the profit :rotfl: ) so now I haven't a clue.......:searchme: HELP!!

13-12-2005, 20:24
Are you secretly a man who can have kids Emz?! :rotfl:

Jojo
13-12-2005, 20:27
Are you secretly a man who can have kids Emz?! :rotfl:Well, my hubby always said that I should have been a man, seeing as I am the one with the bad habits and he is the one who acts more feminine :rotfl: Maybe I was a bloke in a former life, and thats whats coming out more :rotfl:

13-12-2005, 20:36
Well, my hubby always said that I should have been a man, seeing as I am the one with the bad habits and he is the one who acts more feminine :rotfl: Maybe I was a bloke in a former life, and thats whats coming out more :rotfl:
:rotfl:!! Maybe.. ;)

Kim
14-12-2005, 10:33
My Dad is terrible. He never knows what to get my Mum and just tells her to take the credit card and get what she wants. He even makes her go out and buy the presents for his relatives.

Jade
14-12-2005, 10:37
My Dad is terrible. He never knows what to get my Mum and just tells her to take the credit card and get what she wants. He even makes her go out and buy the presents for his relatives.

I have to buy my boyf relatives as well, otherwise they would end up with nothing

Debs
14-12-2005, 10:39
I have to buy my boyf relatives as well, otherwise they would end up with nothing

i do the same , i write his mum and dads cards wrap pressies decide what to get them and then box and send them as well!! i also have to remind him to phone them on their birthdays!

Debs
14-12-2005, 10:40

my sister has to buy her mums pressiees from her stepdad as well!!

Jojo
14-12-2005, 11:09
We only buy for our immediate family and only small things for my mum/dad - hubby's parents aren't around anymore and I'm not buying for my brother this year.....

Siobhan
14-12-2005, 11:42
I have to restrict it to immediate family i.e. my kids and partner, my mum and dad and my godchild.. I have 25 nieces and nephews and 1 grandnephew and 2 grandnieces so I can't afford to get everyone a pressie

Siobhan
14-12-2005, 12:09
this sums up Hubby and presents
A man asked his wife what she'd like for her birthday.

"I'd love to be eight again" she replied

On the morning of her birthday he arose early, made her a nice big bowl of
Coco Pops and then took her off to the local theme park. What a Day!

He put her on every ride in the park:

* The Death Slide

* The Wall of Fear

* The Screaming Monster Roller Coaster

Five hours later she staggered out of the theme park. Her head was reeling
and her stomach felt upside down Right away they journeyed to a McDonalds
where her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a
refreshing chocolate milk shake .

Then it was off to the movies: the latest Star Wars epic, a hot dog,
popcorn, all the Coke she could drink, her favourite lolly and M&Ms.

What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed onto the bed
exhausted . He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and lovingly
asked "Well Dear, what was it like being eight again?"

Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed . "I meant my
dress size, you f*ckin tw*t"

The moral of this story : Even when a man is listening, he's still gonna
get it wrong.

chance
14-12-2005, 13:35
Awww, bless him, he was probably hoping the right one was in there somewhere lol!

The problem my hubby and I have, is that we buy each other stuff throughout the year, so then when it comes to special days, we haven't a clue what to get. I'm useless when it comes to buying something for my hubby - normally it would be some tools or something like that, but now we buy that sort of stuff through the business (great for tax breaks and getting rid of some of the profit :rotfl: ) so now I haven't a clue.......:searchme: HELP!!

that is a major problem for us too as when we want something we always just go out and buy it we dont wait for bdays or xmas,so we have everything we want already...oooo i sound spoilt now dont i?

Jojo
14-12-2005, 13:46
that is a major problem for us too as when we want something we always just go out and buy it we dont wait for bdays or xmas,so we have everything we want already...oooo i sound spoilt now dont i?Nah - if you do sound spolit - I am too!! lol

We have always done it though, buy each other and the boys things throughout the year as and when they need it, rather than waiting for a big day. I am just so stuck as to what to get mine, and he has apparently bought me something really special, so I am gonna feel really guilty this year!! lol

twinkle_eyes83
14-12-2005, 13:55
:( mine has not got mine and he is leaving it too late cos it has to be delived what i wont it not fair:( :( :(

JustJodi
14-12-2005, 14:17
ok girls here is a little extra for our male bashing thread :lol: ( it really isn't but alot of us have a bit of a grumble about our THOUGHTLESS ex hubbys or mates or men in our lives in general ..:rotfl: ) I wuvs my guy he can be a doody head like MOST men can be, but in general hes a pretty good guy !!!:)

WHY YELLING AT MEN IS USELESS

When a woman says:

This place is a mess! C'mon!
You and I need to clean up!
Your stuff is lying on the floor
And you'll have no clothes
To wear if we don't do laundry right now!

What a man hears:

Blah-blah, blah-blah, C'MON
Mumble, mumble, YOU AND I
Blah-blah, mumble, ON THE FLOOR
Mumble, blah-blah, NO CLOTHES
Blah -blah, blah-blah, RIGHT NOW

twinkle_eyes83
14-12-2005, 15:37
ok girls here is a little extra for our male bashing thread :lol: ( it really isn't but alot of us have a bit of a grumble about our THOUGHTLESS ex hubbys or mates or men in our lives in general ..:rotfl: ) I wuvs my guy he can be a doody head like MOST men can be, but in general hes a pretty good guy !!!:)

WHY YELLING AT MEN IS USELESS

When a woman says:

This place is a mess! C'mon!
You and I need to clean up!
Your stuff is lying on the floor
And you'll have no clothes
To wear if we don't do laundry right now!

What a man hears:

Blah-blah, blah-blah, C'MON
Mumble, mumble, YOU AND I
Blah-blah, mumble, ON THE FLOOR
Mumble, blah-blah, NO CLOTHES
Blah -blah, blah-blah, RIGHT NOW

:rotfl: :rotfl: thats a good one and so true aswelll

Siobhan
14-12-2005, 17:13
As they get older they don't even hear that.. they just keep thinking "there is something on tv and she is yelling at me" :rotfl::rotfl:

14-12-2005, 17:26
Lmao!! :rotfl:..