PDA

View Full Version : Carol Thatcher speaks out about problem brother

Debs
10-12-2005, 15:48
Carol Thatcher has spoken about the problems she has had with sibling Sir Mark Thatcher.

Thatcher, who was recently crowned 'Queen of the Jungle' on ITV1's I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, told the Daily Mail that she and Mark "are not close" and do not speak.

Talking about the four-year suspended jail sentence her brother recently received from a South African court, she said: "I was dismayed at the hurt and worry mum was suffering because of Mark's involvement in the Equatorial Guinea plot. I was annoyed with my brother for getting embroiled in it, but my main concern was for our mother.

"I know how terribly it worried her and, in her state of health, it was far from helpful to have such a nagging anxiety always at the back of her mind. She didn't always remember what the charges against him were but naturally people constantly asked her about them, which didn't help. She just sat and worried when she was on her own."

Thatcher also commented on her mother's spell of ill health. "She doesn't read much because of her memory loss. It's pointless. She can't remember the beginning of the sentence by the time she reaches the end. She picks up on little bits of news. She had such a brilliant memory - like a website. She could quote inflation statistics going back years without reference to a note. It must be so infuriating for her."