PDA

View Full Version : Space Cadets

Luna
06-12-2005, 21:13
Johnny Vaughan presents the latest TV hoax. Channel 4 plans to fool wannabe astronauts they’re in space!

Channel 4 is spending £5 million on Space Cadets. Nine Brits applied to the fictional Space Tourism Agency. They will be flown to a fake Russian space agency for training - and then sent into "space".

In reality, they will be flown around Britain and the North Sea for four hours before landing at a disused UK airbase - made to look like a Russian space centre. Then they will then be sent into “space” for five days.

They will undergo intensive training, which every so often will get a little strange - to see if any of them figure out it is all a hoax.

The space centre has been kitted out with Russian fixtures and fittings - including more than 100 Russian plug sockets, lightbulbs, drain covers and signs.

The space cadets will also use Russian teabags, cigarettes, DVDs, chocolate bars and toilet paper.

The "space shuttle" has a cockpit that has featured in films including Space Cowboys, Armageddon and Deep Impact - and its launch will be faked with sound effects and vibrations.

A giant screen outside the shuttle will beam pictures of space.

However, there is one big problem. In space there is zero gravity when a spaceship is in earth orbit. Channel 4 will tell their "astronauts" they are too close to earth to be weightless. Will that fool them? If not Channel 4 will show some old cookery programmes instead.

Channel 4 boss Kevin Lygo said: “We have got the entire series of Jamie Oliver ready to run again.”

Contestants were chosen after being questioned by psychologists to find out if they were easily fooled.

Channel 4's digital service E4 will carry round the clock live streaming of Space Cadets. E4 is also to broadcast a daily spin-off show, Space Cadets: the Satellite Show at 10pm each evening presented by Alex Zane.

The show starts on 7th December.

Will Channel 4 fool all the space cadets they are in space for at least 48 hours?

Luna
06-12-2005, 21:20
Does anyone else think they will never pull this off?

Trinity
07-12-2005, 12:42
I think it sounds really cruel. These people will be a laughing stock

Siobhan
07-12-2005, 12:43
I think they have already done it and we are just watching what happened.. it starts tonight on C4 so we will see what it is all about

Oh and Johnny Vaughan :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Debs
07-12-2005, 14:18
Does anyone else think they will never pull this off?

i think this is gonna completely fail. these people must be really stupid to believe this!!

Siobhan
08-12-2005, 10:22
Did anyone watch it last night? I was watch I'm a celeb coming out

Trinity
08-12-2005, 10:27
I watched it - and I will watch again tonight. The production team's selection process was aimed at getting the most guilible and easily influenced people they could find. There are also 3 actors in the 12 selected.

Siobhan
08-12-2005, 11:34
I watched it - and I will watch again tonight. The production team's selection process was aimed at getting the most guilible and easily influenced people they could find. There are also 3 actors in the 12 selected.

oh sounds good.. will watch that tonight then

dddMac1
08-12-2005, 15:16
i watched space cadets last night it seems ok

Jada-GDR
09-12-2005, 13:32
those poor people!

brenda1971
09-12-2005, 14:22
I feel sorry for them as well.Will they be getting paid for it

dddMac1
09-12-2005, 14:52
i feel sorry for them

Luna
09-12-2005, 15:05
i dont think they will be getting paid for it :searchme:

Im really enjoying it

Trinity
11-12-2005, 12:23
They will apparently get an unspecified 'wad of cash', a trip to Russiam for real, and a flight in one of those planes that nose dives so that you can experience zero graveity.

The Scottish girl, Chery,l has apparently gone absent without leave from her job in a housing association in Glasgow;and faces the sack when she returns from Ipswich

Behemoth
12-12-2005, 12:33
Moving to 'Reality'

Luna
13-12-2005, 22:39
does anyone think that they all know its not true in the back of their minds???

Siobhan
14-12-2005, 09:43
does anyone think that they all know its not true in the back of their minds???

I am sure they have doubts.. but even if they didn't when it is revealed they will say that they kinda knew all along.. nobody wants to appear that stupid

Trinity
14-12-2005, 11:35
I am sure they have doubts.. but even if they didn't when it is revealed they will say that they kinda knew all along.. nobody wants to appear that stupid

Well it's too late for that, lol!

Siobhan
15-12-2005, 11:27
They are going to tell the people who didn't get into "space" the truth tonight.. can't wait :cheer::cheer:

Trinity
15-12-2005, 13:14
I missed it last night! Got it recorded though so I might catch up before tonights show.

Luna
15-12-2005, 13:19
they are telling the others that didnt get through tonight

dddMac1
15-12-2005, 15:15
Space cadets is brilliant can't wait to see their reaction tonight when they find out the truth

Siobhan
15-12-2005, 15:19
Space cadets is brilliant can't wait to see their reaction tonight when they find out the truth

how do you think they will take it??? Andrew (the coloured guy) i reckon will not be impressed

dddMac1
15-12-2005, 15:31
i don't know they could just laugh and say they knew all along or they might take it Badly

Siobhan
15-12-2005, 15:36
If it was me I would probably say I had a feeling all along and just went along with it cause everyone else did.. would you like the public to know you really are that stupid to believe all the stuff???

dddMac1
15-12-2005, 15:46
i would never fall for it and i would hate the public to think i'm dumb

Siobhan
15-12-2005, 15:50
see I don't know.. I would be very very suspicious but even charlie who is the actor and knows this is fake was having doubts that it might be real...

The actor who plays the russian pilot is from London but he is fantastic in that role.. well done to all involved

Mindy
15-12-2005, 15:54
its funny...but the people are a little bit dumb

brenda1971
15-12-2005, 15:55
I cant believe that the public would be this guillable

Abi
15-12-2005, 17:17
I watched last nights catch up thing on E4 this afternoon, and i thought it was great. I'm definetly going to try and watch the one tomorrow when they all find out :rotfl: should be histerical

willow
16-12-2005, 07:09
the ones that think they are in space are going to feel so gutted when they find out!!! this is so funny!!! but i think they shoould have done it so they come out on april the 1st!!! it would have been a great april fools gag!!!:rotfl:

Bryan
16-12-2005, 08:23
the ones that think they are in space are going to feel so gutted when they find out!!! this is so funny!!! but i think they shoould have done it so they come out on april the 1st!!! it would have been a great april fools gag!!!:rotfl:

whens the final episode? i cant wait to see their reactions!

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 09:53
whens the final episode? i cant wait to see their reactions!

tonight.. they told the others last night, it was brilliant.. can wait to see the reaction tonight :cheer::cheer:

Behemoth
16-12-2005, 10:40
I feel so sorry for them! Didn't Johnny Vaughn say that the way they were going to find out was that they were just gonna be asked to open a door in the "spaceship" and there would be their friends and family just standing in the aircraft hanger waiting to greet them?! That's gonna mess with their heads!

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 10:42
I feel so sorry for them! Didn't Johnny Vaughn say that the way they were going to find out was that they were just gonna be asked to open a door in the "spaceship" and there would be their friends and family just standing in the aircraft hanger waiting to greet them?! That's gonna mess with their heads!

yes.. that is what he said.. I feel sorry for them in a way.. right now, there are 3 people who believe they have gone to space and JV is going to take all that away from them

Behemoth
16-12-2005, 10:47
yes.. that is what he said.. I feel sorry for them in a way.. right now, there are 3 people who believe they have gone to space and JV is going to take all that away from them Yeah, they genuinely believe they are in Earth orbit! That stunt with Richard & Judy was cruel as well, and when whatshisname said about them being mentioned in the Queen's Speech.

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 10:48
Yeah, they genuinely believe they are in Earth orbit! That stunt with Richard & Judy was cruel as well, and when whatshisname said about them being mentioned in the Queen's Speech.

Paul!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I reckon he would take it the worse.. Billy will be upset but not as bad as paul.. kerri will just giggle

dddMac1
16-12-2005, 15:39
can't wait to see their reaction tonight when they find out they where not even in space

LostVoodoo
16-12-2005, 15:59

omg, that is really bad actually, if the open the door without telling them they're not in space first, they'll think they're about to die if you just go opening doors on what you think is an orbiting spaceship!

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 16:24
omg, that is really bad actually, if the open the door without telling them they're not in space first, they'll think they're about to die if you just go opening doors on what you think is an orbiting spaceship!

i think they will land it first and tell them they can get off, then they will see their friends and family.. they won't open the door until they have landed

willow
16-12-2005, 16:45
it is going to be soooo funny!!!!!!

willow
16-12-2005, 21:59
they seamed to take it quite well!!!

Behemoth
16-12-2005, 22:42
That was really funny! I was feeling sorry for them but when the soor just opened onto the stage I laughed my head off.

Funny bit when Johnny showed them the pic of the earth and told them it took 48 computers to generate the image and then sarcastically goes "I doubt that makes you feel any better but..." lmao

Luna
16-12-2005, 22:43
i missed it what happened???

Behemoth
16-12-2005, 22:53
i missed it what happened??? I didn't see the beginning but from what I saw, they thought they were going to be doing a spacewalk and they went through into this pod thing with this mini TV inside and then Johnny Vaughn comes up on the screen and says someting like "You've all had you're suspicions" and then it shows clips of them discussing the fact that it feels fake and then Johnny comes back on and tells them that they were right and then it shows more shots of them wondering if it was real and then the final shot that they see is a big dramatic shot of the simulator and the Earth screen thing. Then the pod is rolled towards the stage and opened up!

willow
16-12-2005, 22:57
i laughed so much!!!! i know it sounds cruel!!!! but ha ha ha !!!!!

Siobhan
19-12-2005, 09:40
I laughed too.. they looked gutted until Johnny mentioned the money and the real trip to russia..

I think what made me laugh the most was that when they were told that they were not in a shuttle, they still believed they were in russia.. and then they were told that is fake too :rotfl::rotfl:

dddMac1
19-12-2005, 15:34
the ending was brilliant i'm glad they seen the funny side

Natara
21-12-2005, 20:34
It was so great. If it was me I would be foul as well.
Well done to them