PDA

View Full Version : Stages and ages - emmerdale fic

Cherryz
04-12-2005, 00:13
A/N - my first emmerdale fic, and warning its m/m focusing on Paul / Ivan (with most emphasis on Paul's side of things). Hope you enjoy.

PART 1

What could be better than being curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine and Johnny Depp on the TV screen? Being curled up on the sofa with Johnny Depp, or another handsome man Paul thought as he sipped red wine from his glass.

He wasn’t in the mood to go to the woolpack tonight – he saw enough of it when he worked anyway. He had the house to himself for now and was making the most of it, needing the time to think recent things over.

Diane had a point; he wouldn’t really know if it was a good or bad idea to have something with Ivan unless he took the chance and see how things went. But sneaking around in a secret relationship like Ivan seemed to want, seemed a naïve teenage thing to do… he briefly wandered what did happen to that guy he had a thing with when he was finishing secondary school; they broke up when it appeared this guy’s girlfriend was pregnant, and that apparently made him decide he did like girls after all. Go figure.

But also no matter how much he tried to push it out of his mind, the hurt was still there from Enzo. They’d been together for eight years, so of course it wasn’t easy to get over. And with it coming up to Christmas he couldn’t help but remember all the Christmases he’d spent with Enzo – it felt more like Christmas with him than it had ever been spent with his ‘family’. Shuddering at the memories of Christmases spent with his mum and Jimmy Pepper when he was younger made him take a larger gulp of wine.

What was he to do? It had been a long time since he and Enzo had broken up and it was flattering to get attention from another guy – God knew how little choice there was of men in Emmerdale for him. At one point he felt almost desperate enough to just grab the nearest person and snog them there and then – male or female. Yes, it had been a while since he’d been intimate with someone. A small smile crossed his face when he remembered the somewhat clumsy but gentle kisses Ivan gave him…

He closed his eyes. Maybe he shouldn’t have stopped Ivan, maybe he did want to see how things could be. But he’d left it a few days, Ivan was probably all over some-one else by now, fed up of waiting. But he did have Ivan’s number, and he seemed keen for him to call –

“Is that the wine I left on the kitchen counter?”

He jumped when his dad’s voice was suddenly loud behind him and he turned his head to look over the back of the sofa. Had he really been that deep in thought he hadn’t noticed his father return?

“Maybe” he said guiltily, “do you mind? I could buy another to replace it”

“No it’s fine, is there any left?”

“About half a bottle”

“Pour me a glass” Rodney sighed and sat down in the arm chair heavily.

“You sound like you need the whole bottle. Bad day?” Paul got up and went to get another glass.

“Bad date” Rodney sighed.

Paul couldn’t help but secretly be pleased. His dad dating someone younger than his children was beyond disturbing. “Ah, I won’t ask for details then” Paul returned with a glass for Rodney, setting it down on the table and pouring some of the wine into it.

“Why are you in on your night off? I thought you were meeting Nichola” Rodney asked after nodding his thanks.

“I did” Paul said sitting back in his seat, “but she and Simon had another little fall out. I left her to rant like a mad woman at him and save myself. They’ll make up by tomorrow no doubt” he shrugged off.

“Ah, right” Rodney sighed and glanced to the screen, “what is this?”

“That is Johnny Depp, it says it all”

Rodney shook his head but smiled none the less, “I don’t see the big deal in this Johnny person”

Paul turned to give a horrified look at his father, “hang your head in shame! He’s amazing”

“Oh I see, you fancy him” Rodney rolled his eyes. “So you don’t have plans for the rest of the evening, how about tomorrow?”

“Well Thelma Louise has seen this dress that will look fabulous on her, and would she appreciate a lift into town by a wonderful older male who drives a nice car” Paul turned to give what he hoped was his most charming smile.

“What do you mean by older?” Rodney scowled.

“May I please get a lift tomorrow?”

Rodney sighed, “Yes, I have to go to a meeting with a supplier tomorrow anyway, I can drop you into town on the way”

“Thank you”

“I’m going upstairs” Rodney announced, standing up and picking up his glass, “enjoy the rest of the wine and your film”

“Will do, night dad” Paul curled up in a comfier position and turned his attention back to the TV screen.

“Night Paul” Rodney patted his son’s shoulder as he passed and made his way up the stairs.

Paul glanced back just to catch his father disappear. This father / son relationship was definitely one of the odder things to happen over the past year, and he was surprised by how easy it was to get into, although awkward at many points.

He sighed as there was a close up on Johnny Depp’s face.

Perhaps he should call Ivan. Tomorrow. He’d call Ivan tomorrow.

big bro fan
04-12-2005, 00:32
wow really really good im kind of moved in a way.

its nice to know that your more focusing on one part of emmerdale where as mine is the whole of emmerdale not focusing on one character

Great job more sonn please :thumbsup:

Cherryz
04-12-2005, 00:57
A/N - aww thankyou :D is your emmerdale fic up already? I'll have to read it :D here's a new part. enjoy!

PART 2

Paul sighed as he compared the bangles – pink or gold, pink or gold… it was like choosing between life and death. He put them both down and looked at the earrings instead.

His dad did give him a lift into town like he said he would, and Paul said he’d arrange to get a taxi home. He did manage to buy that dress as well and wasn’t surprised at the look he got from the shop assistant when he took it to the changing rooms with him – he was right, it did look fabulous on him.

He picked up a pair of earrings that were silver and dangly with stars on them. Ah just perfect. He paid for them before leaving the store, walking along care freely and glancing at various window displays.

WHAM! He blushed when he managed to walk right into someone and dropped some bags. “Sorry” he rushed out embarrassed.

“There’s no need to throw yourself at me” – that familiar laugh and accent, it could only be-

“Ivan!” Paul sounded surprised, he watched as Ivan bent down and picked up the bags.

“What’s these? For Nichola?” Ivan asked as he put the earrings that had fallen out of the new look bag back in.

“Ah, you haven’t met Thelma Louise have you” Paul said with the slightest blush still on his face as he took the bags off him.

“Thelma Louise?” Ivan had a look that clearly said ‘interesting name’ and laughed, “Is she pretty?”

“I should hope so, because she’s me” Paul answered. Seeing the look he got he explained, “My drag act… I would have thought Nicola would have mentioned something”

“You dressed up like a girl, this I have got to see” Ivan smirked.

“And you’re bisexual, how perfect” Paul shrugged, “what are you doing here?” he changed the subject.

“It’s a town full of shops, what do you think I’m doing here?”

Paul bit his lip. Okay that was a stupid question. He thought he might as well bite the bullet now, “I uh, was going to call you today”

“Oh aye?” Ivan grinned.

“Yeah… I thought about things and, well” he trailed off awkwardly.

“I knew you’d change your mind” Ivan sounded pleased, “are you free later?”

“Uh” Paul thought about it, “my dad’s got business stuff to do so the house will be free later”

“Perfect. How about I come round later with a bottle of wine and we can take it from there?” Ivan suggested, which sounded similar to before.

“Okay, but don’t expect anything” Paul warned. He wasn’t sure if he’d end up pushing Ivan away again like last time, despite wanting to see how things went.

Ivan winked, “I’m looking forward to it, I’ll see you later then”

“Yeah, later” Paul nodded and watched as Ivan left. So did he just arrange a date or not? All he knew was that he felt odd inside, like that tingly feeling before getting cramp.

-----------------------------------------------

“I’m sure he didn’t mean to upset you” Paul said into his mobile as he awkwardly entered the house and dropped his keys on the small table in the hallway.

“Then he shouldn’t be playing games and sneaking around behind my back!” Nicola whined, “as if that’s bad enough his mother always has to interfere and have her say and defend him”

“She’s his mother, of course she’s going to defend him” Paul dropped the bags onto the sofa, “just talk to him, and kiss and make up. It’s not like he was having an affair or something serious”

“I thought he was really ill!”

“He tried to make it up to you with those tickets”

“Which you gave away to Toni and Ivan” Nicola spat out bitterly.

Paul rolled his eyes “Look I’m sure he’s very sorry, you might as well kiss and make up soon” he sighed, “I’m sorry but I have to go now Nicola I have stuff to do”

“Fine” Nicola sounded annoyed.

“Don’t me moody with me because you’re mad at Simon”

“I’m not moody! I’ll see you at the woolpack tonight”

“Yes alright” Paul sighed, they said their final goodbyes before he put his phone in his pocket and sat down on the sofa yawning tiredly. Shopping could really take it out of you, and so could sisters who constantly whined.

He glanced over at the clock and wondered what time Ivan would be coming over. Maybe he’d have time to put on a decent shirt and get dolled up. He shook his head – why go to that effort anyway?

He picked up all the shopping bags to take them to his room and hang the dress up. Despite his father being somewhat okay with his lifestyle it was still awkward when his dad found his lady stuff lying around.

He almost jumped and fell down the stairs when his phone started vibrating in his pocket. He fumbled to answer it and found he had a text message.

‘I’ll B ova in ½ hour ;)” was what it said.

Paul didn’t realise he was smiling as he continued up the stairs to his room. So there was enough time to put on some decent clothes…

Kim
04-12-2005, 10:33
This is great, please do more soon:).

Abi
04-12-2005, 11:33
Thats great :thumbsup:

Cherryz
04-12-2005, 12:04
A/N - thankyou for your replies :D glad you're enjoying it, heres the next part.

PART 3

When Paul answered the door, he found a grinning Ivan standing there with a bottle of red wine in one hand. “Uh hi, come in” he stepped aside to allow the other male to enter the house.

“Nice shirt” Ivan smirked as he handed over the bottle.

“Thanks” Paul blushed – Ivan obviously noticed he’d made the effort. “And thank you for this” he gestured to the wine, “I’ll get some glasses”

“Okay” Ivan shrugged off his jacket and made his way into the lounge. He draped it over the back of the sofa before plopping himself down onto it and waited for Paul to return.

A minute later Paul arrived with two glasses, a corkscrew and the wine, placing them all down on the coffee table before sitting down on the sofa next to Ivan.

They stared at each other for a while; Ivan smiling in his own charming way, and Paul looking like he didn’t know what the hell to do. Neither of them really cared about the wine.

“Just relax, I’m not going to bite you, not unless you ask me nicely” Ivan smirked.

Paul gave a small smile back, “Sorry, it’s hard for me to relax when I don’t know exactly where I stand with you”

“I told you I fancy you, and you seem to feel the same, otherwise we wouldn’t be meeting up like this”

“But you’ve made it obvious you want to keep things hush hush, and you weren’t exactly with Toni that one night for her personality and charm” Paul pointed out. Déj* vu was hitting strong.

“If you think I’m doing all this just to get into bed with you you’re wrong” Ivan said, “and I want things quiet until I’m ready to tell people that I’m bisexual. Surely you know how hard it is to tell people things like that?”

Paul sighed softly, “Yes I do know, but I don’t want to be messed around. Since Enzo”-

“Forget about him” Ivan moved closer, “he’s gone, and I’m here”

Paul couldn’t help but lean away, “For now you are anyway”

“Stop being a drama queen and relax, have fun” Ivan got even closer and turned Paul’s face towards his.

“I”- Paul was cut off when Ivan pressed his lips to his in the briefest of kisses, and then pulled away.

“We both know you like me too… so, can you do this?” Ivan asked, remembering what had happened last time.

Paul swallowed and looked uncharacteristically nervous, before nodding. What harm could a few kisses do? Ivan smiled and leaned in for more.

-----------------------------------------------------

Paul pulled away from Ivan who was busy doing something amazing to his neck, and stopped Ivan in his tracks when he saw the time, “damn, I’ve got to meet Nicola and start work soon, I didn’t realise how long we were…”

Ivan sighed but moved away anyway, “see, time flies by when you’re having fun” he smirked and stood up.

“Hmm” Paul licked his lips and stood up also.

“I’ll probably pop by the woolpack later, I do love it when you lean over tables to collect glasses” Ivan winked.

Paul smiled back; “Here’s your jacket” he picked it up from off the back of the sofa and held it out.

Ivan took a hold of it and leant in to kiss Paul on the cheek, “thanks, for the fun afternoon I mean” he began pulling his jacket back on, “I can’t wait for our next one”

Paul smiled back, he couldn’t wait either.

They both jumped apart and straightened out their clothes when someone came in through the front door. “I know she’s your mother Paul but Val - I can’t even walk down the street without – Oh” Rodney stopped his rant as he walked in to the lounge to find Paul had a guest. “Hello Ivan, I didn’t know you were here”

“Clearly” Ivan smiled, “I was just leaving anyway” he turned to wink at Paul discretely, “thanks Paul for lending me that DVD”

“Oh, no problem at all, just text me if you want to borrow it again, or something else”

“Ta mate, see ya, bye Rodney” Ivan nodded his goodbyes as he passed Rodney and left through the front door, after discretely mouthing “call me” to Paul.

“I didn’t know you two were mates” Rodney said as he hung up his jacket.

“Oh well sort of, we are, what with him being Nicola’s lodger and Simon’s mate and, we bumped into each other in town so…” Paul trailed off wincing to himself.

“What’s this?” Rodney gestured to the wine and glasses.

Paul had forgotten all about them, the bottle was still unopened. “It’s for you for uh, drinking that bottle the other day. I thought we’d have some before I went to work but I didn’t realise how long you’d be or um, so what’s my mother done now?” he changed the subject.

“You didn’t have to go to that trouble” Rodney smiled none the less as he checked the wine label, “it’s not bad stuff either!” he scratched the back of his head, “as for your mother, she wants what she always wants, as usual”

“Money” Paul replied.

“Yes, exactly” Rodney sighed, “I said no though, she can’t keep using people like ATMs”

“Yeah” Paul nodded, “I’ll probably see her tonight in the woolpack”

“If she asks you for money”-

“I’m saying no, I’m still annoyed about taking out that loan for her” Paul groaned. “I better get ready for work”

“Aren’t you ready already?” Rodney asked a bit confused and nodded to Paul.

Paul glanced down at his shirt, “oh yes, I meant get my keys and stuff” he smiled.

“Well we can open this when you get back from work” Rodney carried the bottle through to the kitchen.

“Yeah, that’d be nice” Paul said as he bounded up the stairs to his room. Hopefully he didn’t have any marks on his neck – his father didn’t seem to notice anything so there probably wasn’t any, but he had to check.

Kim
04-12-2005, 13:35
Fab. More soon please:).

Chloe-Elise
04-12-2005, 14:52
Brilliant, its nice to read an emmerdale fic on here :)
More asap please :D

big bro fan
04-12-2005, 16:23
wow what can i say briliant fantastic amazing great i dont think words can describe it.

will post mine soon more soon please :cheer:

Cherryz
04-12-2005, 18:53
A/N - can't wait to read yours big bro fan!

PART 4

“Paul”

“Hmm?”

“You’ve been wiping that table for five minutes, with a stupid smile on your face” Diane folded her arms and watched him.

“Oh” Paul stopped and blinked at the table, “sorry, I’m away with the fairies, so to speak”

Diane smiled, “are you going to tell me what or who has got you acting like this?”

Paul bit his lip and glanced around before walking over to his aunt, he whispered to her, “It’s Ivan”

“Right, you me in the back now” Diane said firmly, grabbing his arm and leading him to the back. “sorry Toni, this is family talk” she called as they went in.

“But I haven’t finished my coffee yet” Toni moaned.

“Take it to the bar”

Toni rolled her eyes and scowled, but picked up her coffee and left none the less.

“So come on tell me all the details” Diane said pulling Paul onto the sofa with her.

Paul sighed but couldn’t help smile giddily, “I can’t tell you all the details, but um, I bumped into him the other day, literally, and we arranged to meet up. It was going well, but as he was leaving dad came home, so we had to think quick so he wouldn’t suspect anything”

“Rodney always did have bad timing” Diane tutted, “are you going to meet up again?”

“I hope so, he told me to call him”

“Oh Paul I’m so pleased for you” Diane hugged him, “I told you it would be worth it”

“Yes, but it is still all hush hush for now, so don’t get too excited” Paul sighed.

“I should be telling you that!” Diane said making Paul blush, “no wonder you have a smile on your face. If I wasn’t with Jack and a few years younger”-

“Diane!”

“Ivan is quite handsome though in a rugged way”

“I can’t believe you’re telling me this, you’re my aunt!”

“You think that’s bad, you should hear the things your mother has said”

“Oh stop!” Paul covered his face with a hand, “it was bad enough seeing Simon’s mum all over him the other night”.

“I’m only teasing” Diane patted his leg, “now come on I’ve got a bar to open”

“Thanks Diane. You won’t tell anyone will you, about me and Ivan”

“My lips are sealed” Diane assured him.

Paul couldn’t help but smile when he saw Ivan enter the woolpack and head over to the bar.

“Hello again gorgeous” Toni leered as she walked over to him, “see what I mean Diane? They can’t keep away from me”

“I’ll have a pint please luv” Ivan winked at her and Toni went to get one for him.

“Paul, are you listening to me?”

“Sorry Nicola, what were you saying?” Paul faced his sister.

“Just look at her, she thinks she’s God’s gift. A one night stand and she thinks he’s under her spell – he was under the influence of alcohol at the time” Nicola grimaced and sipped her drink.

“Why Nicola, anyone would think you dislike the girl” Paul smirked.

“I can’t stand her! I don’t know how you can survive working on the same shifts as her”

“She’s alright, in small doses” Paul replied as he picked up his empty glass, his break was now over. “Do you want another?” he asked.

“No, I better get back home to Simon” Nicola sighed and gathered up her things.

“Have you not kissed and made up yet?”

“Not yet, his mother keeps interfering” Nicola rolled her eyes, “but he did say he had a surprise for me when I get home”

“Ooh sounds ominous, I’ll call you tomorrow” Paul kissed her on the cheek, before he headed over to the bar.

Diane nudged him, “your eyes lit up as soon as lover boy walked in”

“Diane” Paul hissed and nudged her back, “I shouldn’t have told you anything”

“I would have guessed anyway”

“Hey Paul” Ivan smiled and gestured for him to go over.

“Your lover’s calling” Diane teased.

Paul rolled his eyes and handed her the empty glasses before walking to the other side of the bar, “yes?” he said leaning against it.

“A bunch of us are going to a club tomorrow night, fancy coming along?” Ivan asked, with a hint in his eyes.

“Oh can anyone go along?” Toni interrupted.

“Toni, this gentleman needs serving” Diane gestured to the customer and Toni sighed, doing as she was told.

“Well I don’t see why not” Paul smiled, “who else will be going?”

“Simon and Nicola, he thought it might make up for the other night if he took Nicola considering me and Toni got the tickets for the opening night”

“Is that the surprise he’s arranged for her?”

“Might be, why?”

“Nicola mentioned something; you’ll either go home and find them acting all lovey dovey or find you’ve walked into a murder scene”

“I think I better stay here then for a while, leave them to it”

“Are you sure it’s wise for us to go out on a… go out with my sister and her fiancé tagging along?” Paul asked.

“They’ll be too busy smooching on the dance floor to notice us” Ivan lowered his voice.

“Unless there’s murder on the dance floor” Paul pointed out.

“So how about it, you fancy keeping me company?”

“Definitely”

“Can’t wait” Ivan grinned.

“Hey Paul, get over here and get your mother a strong drink” Val called over.

Paul rolled his eyes, “excuse me” he apologised and walked over to her, “are you sure you can afford a drink?”

“Ey?”

“Father told me you were asking for money again. May I enquire as to why you need money this time?”

“I’m a little behind on the rent, that’s all” Val sighed and put her handbag on the bar.

“That’s all? You’re living in a place owned by the King’s – they’ll want their money”

“Oh Del can work her charm’s on Carl to buy me a little time” Val waved off as her son shook his head. “Paul, surely you can help out your old ma”-

“No way! I’m broke as it is”

“What? You? You’ve always got money in your wallet”

“I’ve had to splash out for Thelma Louise so I’m sorry mother dearest; you’re going to have to acquire your money other ways”

“Oh Diane!” Val called to get her sister’s attention as she walked past Paul.

He rolled his eyes and glanced across the bar to see Ivan watching him, putting a smile back on his face.

Kim
04-12-2005, 20:42
Great:D.

Chloe-Elise
04-12-2005, 20:47
Fab,more asap please :D

Cherryz
08-12-2005, 00:19
Sorry for the delay!

PART 5

It had taken 2 hours, 6 different shirt changes, and a lot of posing in front of the mirror before Paul had decided on the ideal outfit for his… ‘night out’. He couldn’t really call it a date with Ivan, when they’d basically be sneaking around behind his sister and her fiancé’s backs.

He glanced at his watch and picked up his wallet and keys before bounding down the stairs. “Dad?” he called out as he grabbed his jacket off the hook.

“Yes?”

“I’m going now, enjoy your evening with Kelly” Paul forced himself to say, before he left the house with one arm in the jacket.

He shrugged it on and walked the short distance to the house that scarily contained all of Shirley, Simon, Nicola and Ivan. He couldn’t help but scold himself for feeling all odd inside about the evening ahead – he hadn’t had that feeling since Enzo – No! he shook his head. He wasn’t going to think about Enzo on a night like this, he had to see how thing’s could go with Ivan instead.

He knocked on the door and barely had to wait a second before the door was thrown open, catching him off guard, especially as his sister practically dragged him in hissing “please save us before Shirley invites herself along!”

Paul put on a charming smile and tried to ignore the nails that were digging in his arm, “so, when does the taxi get here?”

“They should be here by now” Nicola sighed.

Simon was sat on the sofa next to his mother and turned his head to glance over the back of the sofa, “Hiya Paul” he greeted and Paul nodded and smiled back.

“So uh, where’s Ivan?” Paul asked trying to sound as casual as possible.

“He’s probably still making himself beautiful in the bathroom, not that he has to try hard” Shirley giggled and waved a hand.

Nicola scoffed and rolled her eyes while Paul just smiled.

They all glanced to the window when they heard a beep outside.

“Well that would be the taxi, so we better get a move on” Nicola said, already rushing to the door.

“Ivan get a move on or we’ll go with out ya!” Simon called as he followed Nicola.

“I’m coming! Don’t panic” Ivan called as he rushed down the stairs, doing up his jacket. He caught Paul’s gaze and smiled at him, getting a smile in return.

“Have fun” Shirley beamed as she stood up, “let me know if you see any eligible young bachelors suitable for moi”

“Mum!”

“Oh I’m sure Paul will snap them up, all the best guys are gay, ain’t that right?” Ivan smirked at Paul as he passed him.

“Guys, Taxi!” Nicola called, having already ran outside to the vehicle.

“Bye Shirley” Ivan called and Paul also said his goobyes before they all headed outside and clambered into the taxi. Paul felt those odd feelings again being sat so close to Ivan, thighs and arms against each other… oh stop it he thought to himself, acting like a school girl with a crush at my age.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Here you are” Ivan said as he returned to the table they’d managed to grab in the corner and handed out everyone’s respective drinks.

“Thank you” Paul said and shifted on his chair slightly as Ivan plopped himself next to Paul effectively trapping him in the corner, and again being so close.

“Well what do you think?” Simon was saying to Nicola, rubbing her arm, “enjoying yourself?... Am I forgiven?”

Nicola looked thoughtful as she glanced around, “it’s alright” she looked at him, “and I might forgive you, after a few dances on the dance floor” she smiled.

“Go on Simon, dance with her, she might throw in a few special moves from dirty dancing or something” Ivan leered.

“I would not” Nicola insisted.

“Not until she’s had a few drinks” Paul smirked.

Nicola rolled her eyes and shook her head, before tugging on Simon’s arm, “come on, I want to dance”

“But our drinks”- Simon was saying as he was dragged out onto the dance floor.

Ivan laughed, “Your sister is certainly demanding isn’t she?”

“She wouldn’t be Nicola if she wasn’t” Paul replied sipping his drink and watching the pair get lost in the dark crowd.

Ivan grinned and put his arm casually along the back of the chairs and around Paul, “how about you, are you demanding?”

“Ivan they could see us”-

“Can you see anything in this club? It’s so dark”

Paul turned his head to face Ivan, ‘I can see you’ he thought. “I thought you didn’t want to risk getting caught?”

“You gotta admit, its sorta exciting like” Ivan smirked and put his other hand on Paul’s leg.

Paul bit his lip and moved Ivan’s hand away, “not here”

“No-one’s paying attention to us” Ivan glanced around, “if you’re worried, we could always sneak off to gents”

“That old cliché”

“Come on, I’ve been desperate to kiss you for ages, that Taxi ride almost killed me”

“He wasn’t that bad a driver”-

“You know what I mean” Ivan insisted and smiled at Paul, “come on what are you so scared of? They’re having their fun” he nodded towards the crowd in a vague gesture of pointing out Simon and Nicola, “why can’t we have ours?”

Paul licked his lips and hesitated.

“You’re still thinking about that Enzo” Ivan sighed.

“No. Not really, it’s just been a while since we broke up and no-one else”-

“Come on” Ivan stood up and nodded in the direction of the gents, “what’s the worst that could happen?” he winked and walked off to them.

Paul chewed his lip and glanced to the crowd – he couldn’t see his sister or Simon – before following Ivan.

----------------------------------------------------

The locked cubicle they were in was small and cramped – convenient. They kissed deeply and passionately, leaning against the walls of the cubicle. Thinking was totally lost on Paul as he lost himself in the sensation of the kisses instead. It had been so long…

Ivan parted momentarily from Paul as he turned to sit on top of the closed toilet seat and grinning up at the tall male, licked his lips, before pulling Paul towards him and onto his lap, going back in for more kisses.

“I fancy you so bad” Ivan murmured as he pushed a hand up under Paul’s shirt.

“Likewise” Paul shuddered, not expecting that. He placed his hands on Ivan’s face and pulled him in for another kiss. He hadn’t been this desperate for attention for a long time. Too long.

They pulled apart and froze when someone burst into the toilets, saying “oops sorry mate” then whistling as the door closed behind them.

The two men in the cubicle glanced at each other – it could only be Simon! Paul bit his lip and went to stand up, but Ivan kept a hold on his hips to keep him down and still, and made shushing motions – like he had to make them at all.

Paul reckoned he resembled Bambi caught in the headlights at this moment. He held his breath as he sat on Ivan’s lap and tried not to make a sound or sudden move.

They were in awkward silence and frozen as Simon went about his business and washed his hands before leaving the toilets again. As soon as the door shut behind him the other two sighed with relief and moved to stand up.

“What’s the worst that could happen?” Paul repeated to Ivan with bitter irony.

“He didn’t suspect a thing” Ivan shrugged off.

“How can you be so calm? You’re the one who wants this thing to be kept a secret!”

“Why are you so hysterical, you’re the one who didn’t want it to be a secret?”

Paul opened and shut his mouth a few times, “but being found in the gents by my sister’s fiancé is hardly an ideal way for us to be caught out”

“But we weren’t!”

“We should get back out there before they start suspecting something” Paul sighed.

“Oh come on Paul”-

“Maybe I was wrong… I can’t do this Ivan” Paul looked away.

“What? But you”-

“Sneaking off to the gents with you for a quickie is not what I want, or what I had in mind” Paul said.

“Could have fooled me. What do you want then?”

“I spent so many years sneaking around and hiding my sexuality and relationships Ivan, I don’t want to do that now, and I don’t want a relationship that’s basically about a quick snog and grope now and then when you feel like it or anything like that”

“But”-

“Because if that’s all this is then forget it”

“I told you, it’s not about getting a quick snog now and then and messing you around”-

“Then what are we doing?” Paul rolled his eyes.

“Paul I told you, I’m not ready to tell people yet” Ivan sighed.

“Then you’re not ready for me” Paul said as he unlocked the door and walked out.

“Paul!” Ivan called after him but the door shut behind the tall male. He sighed with frustration and hit the wall.

Skits
08-12-2005, 09:59
this is great. post more soon.

big bro fan
08-12-2005, 16:45
:thumbsup: :cheer: Oh my days i so thought they were headin for the bedroom it would be great for them to get caught great job as usual please please please please post more soon other wise i will die if i dont know what happens im on the edge of my seat...ow i fell off only joking more soon please :cheer: :thumbsup:

big bro fan
10-12-2005, 00:06
when's the next part

Chloe-Elise
10-12-2005, 12:42
Brilliant,more asap :D

Cherryz
10-12-2005, 15:02
Thanks guys :) sorry i haven't replied, i've been busy with college work and stuff, but the next few parts will definitely be up tomorrow!

Cherryz
12-12-2005, 22:40
PART 6

It had been a few days since the ‘night club incident’ as Paul had dubbed it.

Nicola and Simon were oblivious to the awkwardness between the two, and Paul ended u making some excuse and leaving the group early because the tension was too much to take. He couldn’t even look at Ivan and he had this thud in his chest every time he thought about what had happened in the gents.

He’d kept a low profile since and his phone had been buzzing with texts for the first two days, but eventually he got less and less messages. He figured either Ivan’s credit or battery had run out, or he’d given up.

Paul sighed as he checked his phone again before switching it off.

He had made the right decision, hadn’t he?

He couldn’t handle being messed around again, not even by the handsome in a rugged way Ivan. Paul was the kind of guy who was used to full on committed relationships.

Ivan seemed the type for who wanted relationships to be all wham bam thank you ma’am, no wait - man.

Paul sighed and closed his eyes, as he lay back on his bed. He couldn’t deny kissing Ivan was heavenly. He couldn’t even deny that he wanted it to go beyond that. But after nearly getting caught, he got scared about what Ivan wanted from him and what would happen if it did go further than kisses that night.

I did the right thing though…. Maybe, He thought to himself.

----------------------------------------------

Paul sighed before entering the pub – his shift started in about 15 minutes, and not only was he cold and emotionally jumbled, but he lost one of the new earrings he bought the other day.

He glanced around the pub as he entered, grateful for the warmth it provided. He did a double take and froze in the doorway when the first person he spotted was Ivan sat at the nearby table, with Toni and Simon accompanying him.

He swallowed and headed to the bar, trying to act as casual as possible. He got to it and tapped his fingers on the wooden surface when he felt someone brush by and stand next to him, leaning against the bar. “Can I get you a drink?”

“I can buy my own if I want one” Paul replied not looking at Ivan.

Ivan sighed, “So I can’t even buy you a drink now?” he looked at Paul, who was ignoring him. “Oh I see, the silent treatment, I should have guessed seeing as you haven’t replied to any of my texts”

“Yeah, you should have. Look my shift starts soon”-

“Fine, I get the message” Ivan snapped and headed back to the table where Simon and Toni were.

Paul turned to say something but closed his mouth and turned to see Diane stood in front of him.

“Those vibes you just gave him were anything but warm and fuzzy” She commented.

Paul sighed and rubbed at one eye, “its times like this I wish I could be possessed by someone who knows what to say and do, and not mess things up like me”

“Go into the back love, and tell me all about it in a minute” Diane patted his arm.

Paul sighed and glanced over his shoulder. Toni and Simon were laughing at God knew what, but Ivan was looking at him. Ivan looked away first and Paul bit his lip before heading to the back.

------------------------------------------------------

“Blimey pet that was over in a blink wasn’t it?” Diane commented after Paul explained what had happened the other night, and how he’d been ignoring the texts Ivan sent.

Paul leant back further into the sofa and frowned, “You think I was an idiot don’t you?”

“Even if I do, what is it that you want Paul? Do you like Ivan?”

“I don’t know… I do like him, but…” he shook his head and sat up straighter, “anyway; he thinks I’m not interested”

“Well if you are interested, let him know”

“I don’t think he’d be interested anymore anyway after what just happened” Paul sighed.

“Well there’s one way to find out isn’t there” Diane said, “talk to him, you might be able to come up with something, a compromise… who knows, after a while he might feel ready to tell people, but surely you were once in his position Paul, and know how it feels like to be under pressure from the bloke you like. Besides, why not just have fun with a handsome bloke like him for a while? Its things like that that lead to serious relationships, you don’t just dive into them head first”

Paul shifted uneasily as he indeed knew how that felt and Diane once again, of course, was the voice of reason. “… I am an idiot”

“You said it pet” Diane got up and picked up their empty coffee cups.

big bro fan
13-12-2005, 15:46
Brilliant as usual please post the next part soon. :D

Cherryz
15-12-2005, 18:24
PART 7

Paul checked his phone again and frowned. He’d sent three texts to Ivan and there was still no reply. I really am an idiot he decided to himself. He was so caught up in what he wanted from a relationship that he blew his chances.

He practically leapt up with a heart attack when his phone started buzzing and vibrating across the table. He picked it up and checked the text – to see it was from Nicola, asking (demanding) him to come around to catch up.

He sighed and put the phone back down, then furrowed his brows in thought. Well, if he went over to see his sister, there was a chance he might also see Ivan and try to have a word with him.

-----------------------------------------------

15 minutes later Nicola answered the door to see her brother standing there smiling and shivering slightly from the cold, “I’m so glad to see you” Nicola started as she let him in and shut the door, “I need advice”

“Really? What about?” he followed her through to the kitchen where she flicked the kettle on.

Nicola glanced past him towards the lounge area before lowering her voice, “Do you think me and Simon are good together?” she asked.

“Of course, he’s a sweetheart, and he tolerates you, which is a bonus” Paul replied and got a small whack on the arm from his sister for that, “Ow – why do you ask anyway? I thought you two made up the other night?”

“We did” Nicola shrugged and moved some things on the kitchen counter nervously, “but, what if I could do better?”

Paul frowned and stood closer to her, “Nicola, you’re not having an affair are you?”

“Of course not” she hissed and turned to look at him “but”-

“Sorry, am I” the other voice made them jump – it was Ivan – he had paused when he saw Paul, “interrupting?” he finished.

“No no, excuse me, I just have to go to the uh bathroom” Nicola said and pushed past Paul who opened his mouth then shut it again as he turned to watch her disappear, leaving him and Ivan alone.

“Ivan”-

“Don’t worry I’m not stopping” Ivan said with a bit of attitude.

“Can we talk?”

“Oh, getting fed up of giving the silent treatment are you?” Ivan said, closing the door to, “you made it quite clear there was nothing left to talk about anyway”

“Didn’t you get any of my texts?” Paul asked.

“What texts?” Ivan asked curiously – his phone had run out of battery and he was yet to find the charger.

Paul glanced to the door then walked over to him, “I’ve been an idiot; I do like you and I shouldn’t have been so… can we try again, and sort something out?”

“Oh so now you’ve changed your mind you expect me to just throw myself at you?” Ivan raised an eyebrow, but his tone was more friendlier.

“No” Paul frowned, “just, see how things go… if you want… please?”

Ivan sighed and looked up at Paul for a long moment as if contemplating something. “I’ll phone you later okay”

“Okay” Paul replied, unsure whether that was a positive or negative thing, and watched as Ivan left.

He turned and noticed the kettle had finished boiling, and began to make the cups of tea for himself and Nicola.

She appeared a moment later and glanced around, “has Ivan gone?”

“Yes, the coast is clear” Paul sighed, “so what were you going to tell me earlier?”

“What?”

“Something about if you could do better than Simon…”

“Oh, its nothing, just, you know how it is when you’re engaged and you get doubts”

“No I wouldn’t know that”

“You know what I mean. Forget about it, you’re right. Simon is a sweetheart, and he loves me… and I love him” Nicola rambled as she got the sugar, trying to convince Paul as well as herself.

--------------------------------------------------

Paul was just walking up to the front of his father’s house when his phone started to shake in his pocket. He fumbled to grab it and answer, saying “Hello?”

“It’s me” – Ivan’s voice. “Do you fancy meeting me tonight in Hotten, away from everyone else, so we can talk?”

“Uh, yeah sure” Paul replied and licked his dry lips.

“Do you know where The Swan is?”

“Yeah” – that was one of the pubs Paul had done a gig as Thelma Louise in.

“How soon can you get there?”

Paul glanced to his watch, by the time he could get a taxi in and everything… “between half an hour, an hour…” he guessed.

“I’ll see you there then”

“Yeah, see you there” Paul replied and slowly lowered the phone after Ivan had hung up. His stomach had that fluttering feeling again like before they went to that club. He bit lip and entered the house while phoning up for a taxi, to quickly change while he waited.

Skits
16-12-2005, 10:52
brill as usual.

big bro fan
16-12-2005, 18:02
Sorry Cherryz i ment to reply last night but i got kicked off so here goes.

THAT WAS BRILLIANT

I am now officialy going to put down official Stages and ages fan in everyone of my posts please post more soon

Chloe-Elise
16-12-2005, 18:17
Just caught up, its fab, more asap :D

Cherryz
20-12-2005, 13:29
A/N - hey everyone, thankyou for your replies. aww big bro fan you're so sweet! :D im sorry i've not updated for a while, but I've got my college stuff sorted out, so there should be a big surge in updates for the next few days lol. enjoy!

PART 8

Throughout the whole taxi journey Paul felt nauseous with anxiety. Ivan asked to meet him and he didn’t sound annoyed at all – so surely that was a good sign. But what did Ivan want from him?

He paid the driver and clambered out of the car, glancing up at the sign that hung above the door at The Swan. He swallowed and stood there for a moment trying to quell the nerves in him. After a while he told himself to just go for it, and entered the pub. He glanced around and spotted Ivan sat at a booth in the far corner.

When Ivan saw Paul walk into the pub he put on a smile straight away and also tried to not show how nervous he was when the tall tanned male strode over in his direction. “Hey” Ivan breathed when Paul seated himself opposite him, “I got you a drink” he gestured to it.

“Thank you” Paul said, nervously moving a spare beer mat aside and touching the glass.

“No thank you for coming. I didn’t think you would” Ivan admitted as he sipped from his own pint.

“Well, you said you wanted to talk… and I meant what I said earlier. I’ve been an idiot in the way I’ve been trying to handle this…thing” Paul sighed.

Ivan offered a smile, “Look, I like you, you like me, we get on, we can have a laugh, so can we just stop with the drama and be together?” he asked, hoping Paul would say yes.

Paul tried to smile back but looked down into his glass instead, “It’s hard for me to be with you though when we can’t be open about it”

“Paul”-

“But I’m not going to pressure you” Paul continued, “When you’re ready then, well we can figure out what happens next when that happens”

Ivan let out a sigh of relief, “Good” his smile spread into a grin, “so…” he tapped at his glass, “after our drinks, do you want to go to a club or what?”

Paul smiled back, “A club, yes!”

“You won’t go running out on me this time will you?” Ivan asked playfully.

“I’ll try not to”

-------------------------------------------------------

They didn’t even make it halfway down the road. They were walking down the street laughing at something Ivan had said when he noticed an alley between two buildings and pulled on Paul’s arm, leading him down there.

“What are you”-

Paul was cut off when Ivan suddenly turned around and put his hands on Paul’s face pulling him down into a kiss. He pulled away and grinned mischievously, “sorry, I couldn’t wait any longer to do that”

“Well a little warning would have been nice” Paul licked his lips.

“But you liked it” Ivan stated instead of asked.

Paul just gave a lopsided coy smile that clearly said Ivan was right.

Ivan pressed Paul against the wall and leaned up to kiss him again. Paul closed his eyes and reciprocated the kiss, deepening it. It was moments like these Paul thought – okay, I was an idiot to almost reject Ivan completely. The kiss continued for a while; Paul couldn’t remember the last time he’d kissed like that. They parted to breathe and that’s when Paul blurted out “uh, my dad’s out tonight, if you wanted to… uh”

“I thought you didn’t want to rush things?” Ivan smirked and kissed him again.

“So you don’t want to”-

“No, Yes, I mean I want to… if you want to”

“I think so…”

Ivan sighed and rested his face in the crook of Paul’s shoulder, “if you’re not sure”-

“I’m more concerned about if you’re sure”

“Well I am sure!” Ivan said against Paul’s neck, kissing it before he tilted his face up, “let’s go back to your place” he grinned, “And see how it goes”

“Okay” Paul breathed out before being pulled into another kiss.

big bro fan
20-12-2005, 16:06
Fantasticthat was good i can't wait to read next part. please post it soon. Merry christmas Cherryz

Cherryz
20-12-2005, 16:49
PART 9

There was boyish giggling as the two kissed and fumbled their way down the hallway and into the lounge. The back of Paul’s knees hit the edge of the sofa before he fell down onto it, pulling Ivan on top.

“Mmm” Ivan hummed against Paul’s mouth before pulling away, “we could go to your bedroom, instead?”

Paul stared into Ivan’s eyes as he processed the question. Some parts of him were saying ‘yes, definitely!’ while other parts of Paul said ‘be cautious’. “A-Are you sure?” he stammered nervously.

“If you don’t want to”-

“It’s not that it’s just, uh, have you ever…?” Paul trailed off a little awkwardly.

“It’s not exactly rock science” Ivan replied, trailing his hand over Paul’s chest before sliding to kneel on the floor between Paul’s legs.

“So you haven’t?” Paul said as he sat up.

“I’ve had some experience, but what does it matter?” Ivan stood up and grabbed hold of Paul’s hands, tugging on them to get the taller man to stand up, “the point is, do you want to have an experience with me?” he winked.

Paul bit his lip but broke into a grin as hormones took over and told his rational side ‘to hell with it!’ and the mood just seemed, right. “Yes I would”

“Well then” Ivan grinned, “lead the way”.

Paul grinned back and led Ivan up the stairs to his bedroom…

--------------------------------------------------------

“Wow” Ivan breathed out as he reclined on the bed next to Paul, with his arms folded behind his head. “That was…”

“Different?” Paul ventured as he lay beside him. He was lying on his side and propped up by his elbow, lightly scratching the back of his neck.

“Yeah, different” Ivan agreed and nodded.

“…in a good way? You don’t, regret it?” Paul asked, feeling doubt well up inside.

“Of course I don’t” Ivan rolled his eyes and smiled up at Paul, “and it was very good”

Paul smiled back shyly and leant down to kiss Ivan softly.

Ivan smiled into it before leaning away and sitting up, “I should get going”

“Huh?” was Paul’s intelligent reply.

“If I return in the morning, Nicola will do her inspector Poirot routine and give me evils, and if I return later, well she’ll give me evils for waking her up or something” Ivan sat on the edge of the bed and reached down for his shirt that lay on the carpet.

“Oh, I see”

Ivan furrowed his brows as he put one arm through a sleeve and glanced over his shoulder at Paul who was now lying on his back. “You think tonight was about doing what we just did, don’t you?”

“Well, no”-

“You liar” Ivan replied, but not in a nasty way. “I promise it wasn’t – though, it was fantastic by the way and I’d like to do it again” he smiled, “it’s just you see my point don’t you, about Nicola asking questions when I get back...”

“Yeah, yeah I do” Paul sighed and sat up as well.

“Paul” Ivan turned so he could face the other man better, “its not going to be like this all the time” he insisted and reached over, turning Paul’s face to look at him. “Okay?”

“If you say so”

Ivan sighed and kissed Paul again, “it’s not like we planned this to happen tonight. Look, next time will be better” he smiled as he stood up and continued to dress himself.

“You sound sure there’ll be a next time” Paul smiled and watched.

“Like you don’t want there to be a next time” Ivan snorted.

Paul couldn’t argue with that so instead he just continued to smile.

Ivan finished dressing and put one knee on the bed to lean over and press his lips against Paul’s cheek, “you’re not annoyed are you?”

“No, you have to leave, I know that” Paul replied.

“I hope you do” Ivan said quietly, “we could meet up tomorrow?” he suggested.

“I can’t, I have a shift at the woolpack then a Thelma Louise gig to do” Paul answered.

“Oh right” Ivan chewed his lip, “Where?”

Paul raised an eyebrow, “why do you want to know?”

“Maybe I’ll come and watch” Ivan smirked.

“You could but Rodney is being chauffeur; Emily bailed out to look after Sarah, but when doesn’t she?”

“Tell him I’ll take you instead, I can drive, I have a car” Ivan grinned.

“I suppose” Paul drawled, “besides, my father still freaks out at the thought of women’s clothes in my wardrobe; he’s still getting used to the idea that his son does a drag act”

Ivan laughed, “don’t worry it doesn’t bother me”

“Of course not, you could pretend I’m a real woman” Paul smirked.

“Nah, I’ll still know its you in a dress, which….out loud does sound kind of weird” Ivan laughed.

“Weird and wonderful, that’s me…so, you want me to phone you tomorrow then?”

“Yeah. I’m sorry that I have to go”

“I told you its fine”

Ivan smiled, “see you tomorrow then my gender challenged friend” he winked, “and thanks for tonight… good night” they shared one more kiss before he got up and headed for the door.

Paul smiled as he watched Ivan leave before he lay back down on his bed sighing contentedly and wriggled to move the covers over himself.

Skits
20-12-2005, 16:57
brill as usual. can't wait to read more.

Chloe-Elise
20-12-2005, 20:29
Great, more asap :)

big bro fan
21-12-2005, 15:58
brilliant

Cherryz
21-12-2005, 17:14
thanks guys :D

PART 10

“Why are you so happy?”

“So its true, parents really do want their children to suffer and be miserable” Paul sighed and blissfully ignored Rodney as he continued to pack stuff for the gig.

Rodney laughed and watched, “No, it’s just nice to see you this way. It must be that Christmas feeling”

“Yeah it must be” Paul squinted at a lipstick then decided against it.

“So, Ivan is definitely taking you to your gig?” Rodney asked.

“Yes he is” Paul replied with a smile, trying to decide between two other lipsticks.

“Why him and not me?”

“Well he was going there tonight anyway, and I thought you’d rather spend time with Kelly, who has the advantage of being a real woman” Paul replied, putting both lipsticks in the makeup bag.

“I could give her a call” Rodney mused.

Paul tutted, “your enthusiasm astounds me” he stopped what he was doing to look up at his father, “go and call her, go out and have fun, and leave me to do this” he gestured to the stuff around him.

“Fine fine” Rodney sighed dramatically and left his son to it.

----------------------------------------------------

“Blimey Paul, how much stuff have you got?” Ivan watched with wide eyes, “I thought you were entertaining for an hour, not a week”

Paul carefully put the covered clothes into the back of Ivan’s car with the rest of his stuff. “Well you see dear, this is how much is needed for a handsome male such as me to transform into a beautiful female”

“I thought a couple of hours in surgery could do that” Ivan replied and got a playful nudge off Paul.

“I’m happy to just dress like a girl occasionally, not be one” Paul shuddered, then sighed, “and I still don’t know what dress to wear”

Ivan shook his head, “you’re worse than Nicola” he opened the passenger side door.

“How dare you” Paul said but smiled none the less as he sat in the car and Ivan shut the door after him. He quickly jogged to the other side of the car and got into the drivers side.

Ivan grinned at Paul as he did up his seatbelt, “so do you get nervous before these shows?”

“Not really” Paul shrugged, “Although I do worry sometimes I’ll fall flat on my face because of some of the shoes I wear”

Ivan laughed, “I’d pay double to see that” he started up the car.

“Oh thanks, that’s reassuring” Paul rolled his eyes.

“You won’t fall” Ivan said, patting Paul’s thigh for a moment, “and I can’t wait to meet this Thelma Louise” he started to drive off down the road.

--------------------------------------------------------

The last note of the song faded and Thelma Louise smiled winningly at the crowd, “thank-you, you’ve been a wonderful audience, and I’ll see you in my dressing room in five minutes” she winked and pointed at some man in the crowd who laughed as they applauded.

Paul turned off the microphone and sighed, as he left the stage and walked over to the table where Ivan was sat at grinning. “I hope you’re not going to cheat on me with that bloke” Ivan joked.

“Oh no, I’d rather have you in my dressing room, instead” Paul smiled, “come on” he gestured for Ivan to follow. They exited through the door that led to the back rooms and headed to Paul’s ‘dressing room’ which was basically a tiny spare room.

“So, what did you think?” Paul asked as they shut the door behind them.

“I thought you were great” Ivan answered, looking Paul up and down, “and you look surprisingly great as a woman”

Thelma Louise’s choice of attire tonight was a long red dress with a slit up one side, and gold hoop earrings and bangles. The wig was the same long brown one he’d worn for Diane and Jack’s wedding.

“Thanks, I think” Paul laughed.

“Seriously, your legs man” Ivan licked his lips, and stepped closer to Paul “fantastic”, he daringly slipped his hand between the slit of the dress to run his hand over Paul’s leg. He leant in for a kiss, feeling odd when he remembered sticky lipgloss was usually on girls lips.

“Hold on” Paul said putting a hand on Ivan’s chest, “you’ll get” he laughed and brushed his thumb over Ivan’s lips “sorry”

“Don’t worry, that’s happened to me before” Ivan said. Paul smiled awkwardly and sat down to take off his shoes. Ivan wiped the back of his hand across his mouth and sat on the edge of the table.

“Well, I’ll take all this stuff off and get changed, then we could… well, what do you want to do?” Paul asked, rubbing at an ankle – those shoes, never again.

“Well you could take all that stuff off and we could…” Ivan trailed off and gave Paul a suggestive look.

“In here?” Paul sounded as unimpressed as his expression looked. It wasn’t exactly a nice location, and what if the landlord came in?

“Why not?”

“I can come up with a list of reasons”-

“Okay well why don’t we go back to yours? Your dad’s out with Kelly isn’t he?”

“Yes, but he could walk in on us at any moment” Paul reminded as he took out his earrings.

“Ah” Ivan said and tapped his fingers lightly on the table.

“Another time then” Paul sighed and stood up and looked at Ivan, offering a smile.

Ivan smiled back then put his hand on the back of Paul’s neck pulling him in for a kiss. When they parted he smirked and asked, “Want help with the zipper?” he winked and ran his hands down Paul’s back and over the dress’s smooth material.

Paul laughed, “Smooth moves Ivan”

Ivan kissed him again, “you know this almost feels like an affair”

“What, sneaking around in secret?”

“No when you’re dressed like this, it’s like being with another person”

“Paul and Thelma Louise are equally sexy” Paul said.

Ivan grinned “and they kiss the same way” he winked. “I wonder if they do other things the same way”

------------------------------------------------

Nicola was watching TV when Ivan arrived back home. “You were out later than I thought you’d be”

“Paul wanted a drink after the gig, I think he deserved it” Ivan answered as he hung up his jacket then slipped into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Did you have a good time?” she asked trying to act as casual as possible. She turned off the TV and followed him.

“Yeah it was a right laugh” Ivan grinned, “and Paul doesn’t look half bad in a dress, for a bloke” he laughed.

“He’s like the sister I never had” Nicola sighed making Ivan almost choke on his drink. She squinted at his neck and shirt collar, before tugging on the collar. “Is that lip-gloss?”

“What?” he asked, slapping a hand to the side of his neck and felt an area of skin that was tacky.

“Don’t act all innocent, it doesn’t suit you” Nicola snapped and folded her arms, “so, do you even know the name of the girl who did that?”

Ivan blushed, “why does it matter anyway?”

“I- I don’t know but”-

“It’s none of your business” Ivan snapped, “Jesus Nicola, sometimes its hard to remember you’re engaged to Simon the way you act sometimes” he shouldered past to go up to his room.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Nicola called after him, blushing guiltily as she did.

Chloe-Elise
21-12-2005, 17:57
Fab as usual, more asap :D

Cherryz
21-12-2005, 18:08
PART 11

“What do you reckon I should get Ivan for Christmas?” Paul asked, leaning against the kitchen counter in Diane’s house.

“Ooh it must be getting serious” Diane nudged him playfully and went about making them coffee.

“I guess it is” Paul blushed and folded his arms, “I’m glad we’re not fighting anymore”

“So am I” Diane said, “Is he even getting you anything for Christmas?”

“Uh, I don’t know… he doesn’t have to, I just thought it would be nice to get him something”

“Can’t go wrong with a bottle of wine, or something a little naughtier” Diane laughed and gave Paul a look.

“Diane!” Paul blushed again and looked away, smirking nonetheless. “I guess I’ll just have to look when I go shopping with Nicola, she lives with him so she might know what he’d like”

“Shopping with Nicola, you’re a brave brave man” Diane commented as she finished making the coffee and handed Paul a mug.

“Thank you” he followed her into the lounge to sit on the sofas.

“What are your plans for Christmas by the way?”

“Well I’ll go and see mother or else she’ll moan at me, and I’ll obviously have to go to this Christmas dinner that Rodney’s arranging and practically invited everyone to. You are going aren’t you?”

“He did invite us” Diane said as she put her coffee onto the coffee table. “but I think Jack wants us to have a family meal of our own here, us, Victoria and Andy”

“Oh right” Paul said, sipping his coffee, “well I could pop by and see you in the afternoon or something”

“Nicola’s lot will be joining you though, so Ivan will be there” Diane smiled.

“He will be, but so will everyone else so we’ll just have to act ‘normal’” Paul told her.

“Ah, but at least he’ll be there, maybe you could sneak off while Lesley tries to manhandle Rodney” Diane laughed to herself.

“Oh no doubt Lesley will try to manhandle everyone” Paul rolled his eyes, “I can only imagine how the alcohol will affect her”

Paul and Nicola were browsing in House of Fraser, when she brought up that Ivan had returned home with lip-gloss all over him. Paul turned pretending to be interested in some jumper to hide his blush from her.

“Did you see who he was kissing?” Nicola asked.

“I was too busy being a Queen on stage to pay attention to what Ivan was up to darling” Paul replied.

“Oh, you’re no use” she frowned and looked at some shirts half-heartedly for Simon.

“Never mind his love life, what about yours?” Paul asked trying to change the subject.

“Huh?”

“Remember what you said the other day… are you sure things are alright between you and Simon?”

“Oh yeah, yeah of course” Nicola replied busily looking through the shirts, “like I said, just silly doubts of a bride-to-be” she laughed.

Paul raised an eyebrow at her reaction but decided to leave it, “So, what do you reckon Ivan would like for Christmas?”

“What?”

“I was thinking of getting him a little something, seeing as we’re friends and… he’ll be coming over for Christmas lunch with us and all”

“Oh right, I don’t know” Nicola shrugged.

“You’re no use” Paul smirked, echoing her earlier words.

“I don’t see why you should go to the effort for him anyway”

“Nicola” Paul said surprised, “have you not got him anything then?”

“No… I mean not yet, why?”

“Well you live with him and he’s Simon’s friend” Paul reasoned.

“I haven’t had the time, what with getting presents for Simon and our family” Nicola excused.

“Hmm… so anyway what do you think of that?” Paul said and edged past her to pick out a shirt. Nicola looked down and blushed guiltily before following him.

---------------------------------------------------

“Ey, Paul!” Val spotted her son and ran over to him as best as she could in her heels.

“What do you want mother?” he asked.

“That’s no way to greet your mum!” she hit him on the arm, “what have you bought? Any prezzies?” she smiled and rubbed her hands together.

“Yes, but not for you” Paul replied.

“Oh you scrooge!”

“You’ll get your present when I visit, but I’ll have to be back in time for this Christmas dinner thing Rodney’s doing”

“He’s doing a Christmas dinner and invited people over? But not me?” Val asked.

“Oh, uh”-

“You wouldn’t want to leave your ma lonely on Christmas day would you?” Val pinched his cheek.

He frowned and pulled away, “you’ll be with Eric”

“Tell Rodney me and Eric will be delighted to join you all for Christmas lunch” Val smiled before walking off to Eric’s house.

“Wait, mother!” Paul called after her and shook his head sighing when she ignored him.

“What was that about?” Rodney asked, making Paul jump; he hadn’t expected his dad to stand right near him. He’d obviously come over from the post office that Paul was stood in front of.

“Somehow she’s managed to invite herself over to Christmas dinner” Paul frowned.

“You mentioned it to her?” Rodney cried out feeling annoyed.

“It just slipped out” Paul apologised, “I’m sorry, you know what she’s like”

Rodney huffed and gave Paul an annoyed look, “I suppose I could tolerate her… at least we won’t have Pollard joining us as well to make things even worse”

Paul winced and braced himself for the rant he knew would erupt from his father; “um actually, there’s something else I need to tell you”…

Chloe-Elise
21-12-2005, 18:15
Brilliant, I love this script :D More asap please :D

Cherryz
22-12-2005, 14:51
A/N - Im going away over xmas so there wont be updates for a while :(

The next day was the start of the weekend, so because neither were working, Nicola had invited Paul over to join them all for lunch at her house.

He was sat next to Ivan on the sofa, both smiling along as Lesley told some giggly dirty joke.

“Oh please Lesley, we’re practically about to eat” Nicola winced in disgust.

“Ladies” Simon said with a hint of warning in his tone, “hey Nic, I’ve got a little surprise for you later” he beamed.

“A surprise? What is it?” she asked cautiously. Ivan laughed at her childish words.

“I can’t tell you yet!”

“Oh just tell me about it now” Nicola sighed.

“Nicola my sweet” Simon said, taking her by the arm and leading her to the kitchen area, “I know you’re a little disappointed about spending Christmas at home, what with us being away last year on a cruise and everything. I know this is nothing in comparison, but I’ve booked us a night at a hotel on the 23rd” he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the papers.

“What? How can we afford it? We’re supposed to be saving for the wedding!” Nicola asked, but took the papers and leafed through them anyway.

“I know, but, you always say we don’t do anything different and I thought you’d like it” Simon said nervously, “don’t you like it?”

Nicola pursed her lips as she looked through the papers – this hotel looked fantastic. “it looks like a wonderful place…”

“You deserve to be treated after the year we’ve had” Simon rubbed the back of his neck.

Nicola looked up and smiled at him, “thank you Simon, this is, it’s really sweet”

He breathed out a sigh of relief as he kissed her, “I’m glad you like it”

“But that means we’ll be away tomorrow! There’s so little time to pack! What am I going to wear?” Nicola said, rushing past him to go upstairs.

Hearing the last half of her sentence Ivan smirked at Paul because of the comment he’d made the other night about Paul being worse than Nicola.

Paul smiled and nudged him as discretely as he could as a silent way of saying ‘I know what you’re thinking and we are not similar!’
“So you’re going away then?” Lesley asked her son.

“I thought she deserved it”

“A word Simon” Lesley nodded towards the kitchen, and off she and Simon went in, closing the door behind them so she could ask exactly how he could afford it.

This left Ivan and Paul alone.

“So, if I can get rid of Lesley, that would mean I’d have this place all to myself” Ivan said quietly and smirked at Paul.

“How convenient, and I suppose you’d like me to come over?”

“Of course, and this time I wouldn’t have to run off” Ivan leant over and risked a quick kiss with Paul.

“No, you’d probably kick me out instead so no one will spot me leaving the next day” Paul replied.

“No, I’d like you to stay… the whole night, if you want?”

They jumped apart when Nicola came bounding back down the stairs, “I better serve up lunch – where’s Lesley?”

“Having a word with your other half” Ivan informed her.

Nicola scowled and pushed open the door to the kitchen.

Paul watched then turned to quietly say to Ivan teasingly, “I’ll think about it” and they shared smiles.

---------------------------------------------------------

“So Ivan’s taking me to tonight’s gig, and we’ll probably go for a drink or something after… can’t guarantee I’ll make it home” Paul said as he ate lunch with his father in the woolpack the next day.

“I see, isn’t Nicola going away with Simon tonight?” Rodney asked and sipped his wine.

“Yeah to some fancy hotel for a night of romance, the lucky girl – what do I get? A smoky bar and drunkards confusing me with a real woman”

Rodney laughed, “She’s not the only one getting a night of romance”

“Huh?” Paul said, almost choking on his food.

“Me and Kelly, I’m taking her out tonight after we’ve been shopping”

“Ha, if you still have money after shopping with her” Paul smirked.

“I don’t know why you all insist she’s some kind of gold digger”

“Of course not, you’re blinded by lust” Paul shrugged, and put down his cutlery, when his mother appeared by his side.

“I just thought I’d stop by and ask if there’s anything you want me and Eric to bring to your little Christmas dinner party” she smiled and forced Paul to scoot up to sit next to him.

“Nothing stolen” Rodney jibed.

“As if, we both have fine tastes” Val smiled and Paul rolled his eyes.

“I’m going to leave you two to fight each other with cutlery; I’ve got things to do” he said picking up his jacket and scooting out.

---------------------------------------------------

By the time the house was free and darkness had fallen outside, Paul had put his surprise for Ivan into action. He got his stuff together and cautiously snuck out of the house, pulling his coat tighter around himself.

The things he did for men… this had better be worth it…

He hurried down the road to his sister’s house, where he knew Simon and Nicola had left already, and Lesley had gone for a girl’s night out and had told Ivan not to expect her back until the next day. He shivered slightly as he went up the pathway and knocked on the door. He looked around checking the coast was still clear as he waited for Ivan to open the door.

Ivan opened the door and found Paul stood on the doorstep.

“Surprise” Paul grinned as he opened the coat to reveal a naughty miss santa outfit underneath, and he had his Thelma Louise wig on topped off with a santa hat.

Ivan laughed, “You didn’t tell me you had a gig tonight” he looked Paul up and down, appreciating the display of legs again.

“I don’t… this is part of your Christmas gift” Paul smiled.

“Wow… thank you very much… I suppose if you’re my gift I better unwrap you ey?” Ivan grinned and pulled Paul into the house laughing.

Chloe-Elise
23-12-2005, 11:29
Fab, have a good time when your away, can't ait to read some more :)

big bro fan
04-01-2006, 16:48
Please post more soon