PDA

View Full Version : David Essex pulls out of EastEnders deal!!

melanielovesdennisrickman
02-12-2005, 06:28
Now it's the Ender Essex:

FORMER pop idol David Essex has pulled out of EastEnders just weeks before he was to start filming, The Sun can reveal.

David, 58, was to play Jack Edwards, the dad of new arrival Honey.

But he backed out of the role after EastEnders chiefs wanted to make Jack a bigger character. David, a real East Ender born in East Ham, was set to join the cast in January.

After scooping the role, he spoke of his excitement, saying: “Coming from the East End it will be good to go back there.”

But a show insider said: “The producers and script writers went away to come up with the storylines. They came up with some brilliant stuff.

The problem was David had only signed for a month. We asked him if he would stay for longer.

“But he couldn’t as he is recording a new album.”

The search is now on for a new Jack.

Bryan
02-12-2005, 08:24
oh well cant say ill be too disapointed, thered be too much hype over what he used to be... and they may have only picked him for his singing rather than his acting what is wrong...still...ill look forward to seeing a new jack that lasts longer!

the_watts_rule
02-12-2005, 08:36
I'd be none the wiser. If it was him or a new Jack.

Luna
02-12-2005, 08:40
aaawww thats a shame

BlackKat
02-12-2005, 08:44
Well, it is kind of their fault is they wrote storylines for a time when he couldn't be there.

But, yeah, I don't really mind. I'm not all that interested in the character anyway to be honest.

Bryan
02-12-2005, 08:46
But, yeah, I don't really mind. I'm not all that interested in the character anyway to be honest.

he hasnt even been on screen yet so is it fair to say that? :searchme:

BlackKat
02-12-2005, 08:50
he hasnt even been on screen yet so is it fair to say that? :searchme:

Well I'm not all that interested in Honey, so I'm not all that interested in her family.

Yeah, he might turn out to be a really interesting character that I'll like. But right now my reaction to Honey is 'meh', so my reaction to her father is 'meh'.

Bryan
02-12-2005, 08:52
Well I'm not all that interested in Honey, so I'm not all that interested in her family.

Yeah, he might turn out to be a really interesting character that I'll like. But right now my reaction to Honey is 'meh', so my reaction to her father is 'meh'.

fair enough i think time will tell... i must admit honey hasnt lived up to my expectations...

dddMac1
02-12-2005, 15:38
thats a shame David could of been good