PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Celeb get me a lawyer!

Luna
30-11-2005, 10:41
I’M A Celeb bosses were panicking last night that Kimberley Davies may sue them as her horror Bushtucker Trial was branded “irresponsible”.
The Aussie beauty, 32, quit with a cracked rib yesterday just an hour after returning to the camp from hospital.

Kimberley had feared she would never walk again after she jumped 15ft from a moving helicopter to land on a target in a lake, but fell awkwardly, suffering concussion.

Last night John Beyer, of TV watchdog Mediawatch, said: “It is irresponsible of ITV to expect celebs to jump out of helicopters — it is really going too far. The whole thing is calculated to win ratings, but ITV should be banned from pulling stunts like this.”

Producers now fear that the blonde former Neighbours star may take legal action.

A TV insider said: “They are worried that if Kimberley is left in constant pain that stops her from working, she may sue the production company Granada. She may have to have physio for months.”

All the contestants are given £1million insurance before taking part in the show.

Kimberley was persuaded to return to camp yesterday, but she soon told bosses she wanted to leave — apparently furious at how she was placed in danger.

ITV last night claimed she was simply in too much pain. But a pal said: “She’d just had enough. She didn’t realise what she was letting herself in for on this show.

“She had considered walking out anyway but the accident was the last straw. She’s in pain and doesn’t feel safe any more. She’s angry. She feels she wasn’t given enough preparation for the trial and for the experience in general.”

After the stunt, the concussed mum of two did not know who she was or what she was doing.

As she was strapped on to a spinal board with a neckbrace, she asked paramedics: “Will I walk? Am I paralysed? Do you think I’ve broken my back?”.

The other celebrities are now terrified of taking part in trials.

David Dickinson said furiously yesterday: “They’re trying to make the stunts as daring as possible to add more glamour, more excitement. But we aren’t professional sports people.”

ITV bosses cut the sound, but he was heard to say: “One of my lows has been this show. It’s the worst show I’ve ever done.”

Bryan
30-11-2005, 15:29
she didnt have to jump off the plane...

dddMac1
30-11-2005, 15:40
it was irrisponsible of them to expect her or any other celeb to jump out of a helicopter but she didn't have to do it. if she does sue granada it will probally cost millions

brenda1971
30-11-2005, 15:41
The thing is if her and sheree had not have done it they would not have had no food in camp just basic rations

crazygirl
30-11-2005, 15:41
im sure i heard they cant sue for any injury

brenda1971
30-11-2005, 15:42
I would have thought that the contract would be air tight.

crazygirl
30-11-2005, 15:48
i was watching 'this morning' today and they were on about the voice she put on in camp when she went back in and the lady who presenter said it's the vioce i put on im phoning in sick at work!!

xsoftladybugx
30-11-2005, 16:14
She didnt have to do it...and why would she need phsio for a cracked rib?!

Katy
30-11-2005, 16:42
what person holds their nose anyway when they jump into water obviously she knew the force she would hit it at after her first jump.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
30-11-2005, 18:03
obviously she knew the force she would hit it at after her first jump.
Do you really think she knew?! :p

Yeah but it was stupid :rotfl:

Chris_2k11
30-11-2005, 18:10
This is stupid! She can't exactly take the water to court! :lol:

Jojo
30-11-2005, 18:13
They both had training prior to the trial actually taking place, on how to land in the water safely etc - they were told to land with their arms tight to their sides because of the force that they would hit the water. A stunt co-ordinator was on GMTV and said that everything was done safely and that protocols and risk assessments were stuck to.

I haven't heard of needing physio after cracking a rib though :searchme:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
30-11-2005, 18:16
This is stupid! She can't exactly take the water to court! :lol:
Lmao!!! :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

samantha nixon
30-11-2005, 18:26
She didnt have to do it...and why would she need phsio for a cracked rib?!

you can have physio for a cracked rib

and i dont think she should sue but i also dont think they should do the trails so hard as kym probably only done that as the camp needed food