PDA

View Full Version : help again please

chance
23-11-2005, 11:59
another prob on my static pc,it was working fine this morn,came home from shopping and the screen is black with the following message.....

disk boot failure ,insert system disk and press enter

what do i have to do? whats wrong with it and what disc?????

Siobhan
23-11-2005, 12:18
Issue:

Disk boot failure.

Cause:

This issue could be caused by any of the following possibilities.

Boot options are not set properly in CMOS
Non bootable CD or CD-R in computer
All boot devices set are not bootable
Solution:

BOOT OPTIONS ARE NOT SET PROPERLY IN CMOS

Verify that the boot options within CMOS are set properly. Below is an example of how we recommend the boot options be set.

Floppy drive
CD-ROM drive
Hard Drive
Other / Network

chance
23-11-2005, 12:36
thanks siobhan but im still non the wiser im afraid,what do i have to do?

Angeltigger
23-11-2005, 12:41
don't it mean that there is a disk in the computer

chance
23-11-2005, 13:23
don't it mean that there is a disk in the computer
but there isnt :searchme:

Angeltigger
23-11-2005, 13:24
Than Siobhan must be right

alan45
23-11-2005, 13:26
another prob on my static pc,it was working fine this morn,came home from shopping and the screen is black with the following message.....

Most PCs are set up to BOOT (i.e. start up) by the computer looking for its startup settings from either a floppy disk, a cd or thirdly the hard drive. If you have no startup floopy installed it will then look for a startup file on the CD drive, if none is found there then it will look for it on the hard drive. When you bought your PC you should have got a floppy disk to allow you to boot the PC in case of problems, have you got this???. If you have shut down the computer and put this into the floppy drive and switch on, the computer should boot from this, similarly if you have a start up disk on cd or dvd then you can do the same. If you dont have these all is not yet lost. Switch off the computer and watch the screen when you switch it on you will be given the opportunity to press one of the F keys which will allow you to boot up the computer in safe mode. Try these ideas and get back to me and I will suggest some other help :)

alan45
23-11-2005, 13:28

Check you do not have a floppy disk in the floppy drive

Most PCs are set up to BOOT (i.e. start up) by the computer looking for its startup settings from either a floppy disk, a cd or thirdly the hard drive. If you have no startup floopy installed it will then look for a startup file on the CD drive, if none is found there then it will look for it on the hard drive. When you bought your PC you should have got a floppy disk to allow you to boot the PC in case of problems, have you got this???. If you have shut down the computer and put this into the floppy drive and switch on, the computer should boot from this, similarly if you have a start up disk on cd or dvd then you can do the same. If you dont have these all is not yet lost. Switch off the computer and watch the screen when you switch it on you will be given the opportunity to press one of the F keys which will allow you to boot up the computer in safe mode. Try these ideas and get back to me and I will suggest some other help :)

Luna
23-11-2005, 13:29
F8 usually puts you into safe mode

chance
23-11-2005, 15:57
:crying: i cant find a disc :( tried f8 and f1 but it just gives me setup options,cant see anywhere where it says safe mode where is it likely to be in the options if its there at all? f10 is system recovery apart from that thats all,help!!

chance
23-11-2005, 16:15
its ok,done it!!! i turned pc on that then tapped f8 repeatedly and it came on to where it says safe mode,did that then restarted pc and now back to normal,thanks once again guys!!

alan45
23-11-2005, 16:18
its ok,done it!!! i turned pc on that then tapped f8 repeatedly and it came on to where it says safe mode,did that then restarted pc and now back to normal,thanks once again guys!!

The Bill is in the post :)

chance
23-11-2005, 18:05
The Bill is in the post :)

lol look forward to recieving it :)