PDA

View Full Version : Speedenders

alan45
20-11-2005, 09:32
Oh dear EE cast in the news again

People (http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16391140%26method=full%26siteid=93463% 26headline=speedenders-name_page.html)

Kim
20-11-2005, 10:35
Oh dear. Totally wrong reasons :thumbsdow . I thought Nigel Harman had finished filming?

Angeltigger
20-11-2005, 10:54
That is bad!!! I never knew that Natalie Cassidy could drive

Bryan
20-11-2005, 11:40
how petty a thing to comment on, half the population speeds, at least it isnt a big sex scandal or a star's drunken behaviour in question for once, if an evaegrage joe sped it woiuldnt be in the papers, just becuase its an eastenders star its made out to be some big scandal... why dont they pick on the other soaps as they depict them as innocent little angels when i bet they arent...at least eastenders values the lives of its cast and crew unlike corrie

alan45
20-11-2005, 12:08
The sad fact is that Speeding Kills. It is the major cause of fatal and injury accidents in the UK.

Bryan
20-11-2005, 12:10
The sad fact is that Speeding Kills. It is the major cause of fatal and injury accidents in the UK.

going 1 mph can class as speeding, i presume that the press are taking this out of proportion, in fact its the people thats not reliable source for scandal... i doubt they would ever run someone over...

alan45
20-11-2005, 12:20
going 1 mph can class as speeding, i presume that the press are taking this out of proportion, in fact its the people thats not reliable source for scandal... i doubt they would ever run someone over...

Excess speed is the cause. The faster you go the longer it takes to stop
i.e. Thinking time + Reaction time + braking time

Bryan
20-11-2005, 12:44
Excess speed is the cause. The faster you go the longer it takes to stop
i.e. Thinking time + Reaction time + braking time

i do realise that but i doubt that the cast are driving at mad speeds over the limit, bet its like 1 02 mph over the limit which isnt that bad, unexcusbale i know but even so the papers will make it out to sound worse than it is just so they can have a story

Richie_lecturer
20-11-2005, 16:21
Oh dear, naughty naughty. :thumbsdow :nono: :rolleyes:

crazy_purple
20-11-2005, 16:49
Whether it's 1mph over the limit or 30mph over it, it's still illegal. They should treat celebrities the exact same as they do everybody else, even if it's just because the case will get publicity and the public might take note of that.

pops110874
20-11-2005, 17:23
ok speeding is a serious issue - but do you really think that the journalist who wrote that story has never been over the speed limit??

emma_strange
20-11-2005, 17:29
we can all critacise but we all speed, who out there can say they have neved sped?

alan45
20-11-2005, 17:34
ok speeding is a serious issue - but do you really think that the journalist who wrote that story has never been over the speed limit??

Probably lost his licence several times :rotfl:

soapyclean
20-11-2005, 18:17
Till they hit a child, and then they realise how serious speeding is and cant get the image out of their heads for love nor money.

Kim
20-11-2005, 19:06
Whether it's 1mph over the limit or 30mph over it, it's still illegal. They should treat celebrities the exact same as they do everybody else, even if it's just because the case will get publicity and the public might take note of that.

Exactly. The law is the law.

the_watts_rule
20-11-2005, 20:15
Natalie Cassidy? I didnt think she would do that sort of thing.Bondboffin I like your banner, its really cool!

littlemo
20-11-2005, 23:05
Natalie Cassidy? I didnt think she would do that sort of thing.Bondboffin I like your banner, its really cool!

I think you may be confusing Sonia with Natalie Cassidy. From what i've seen they are quite different people. I do think that this has been blown out of proportion. It is an issue that needs to be addressed. But it doesn't make them bad people. It's true a lot of people go a bit over the speed limit.

But if it is true Nigel Harman going at a speed of 47 mph is unacceptable in a built up area.

Angeltigger
21-11-2005, 10:25
they should not be over the limit- Whether it's 1mph over the limit or 30mph over it, it's still illegal. They should treat celebrities the exact same as they do everybody else, As like Alan said Thinking time + Reaction time + braking time, they need to be able to break very fast if a small child ran out in the road.

Richie_lecturer
21-11-2005, 14:02
how petty a thing to comment on, half the population speeds, at least it isnt a big sex scandal or a star's drunken behaviour in question for once, if an evaegrage joe sped it woiuldnt be in the papers, just becuase its an eastenders star its made out to be some big scandal... why dont they pick on the other soaps as they depict them as innocent little angels when i bet they arent...

Actually just the other week, Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimashaw in Corrie) was in trouble for driving his girlfriend's car without a licence.

Siobhan
21-11-2005, 14:04
I am with Tig's and Alan on this one.. I don't care who the person is, famous or not, Speeding kills wether it is 1mph or 100mph over the limit...

sarah21
21-11-2005, 15:12
I think you may be confusing Sonia with Natalie Cassidy. From what i've seen they are quite different people. I do think that this has been blown out of proportion. It is an issue that needs to be addressed. But it doesn't make them bad people. It's true a lot of people go a bit over the speed limit.

But if it is true Nigel Harman going at a speed of 47 mph is unacceptable in a built up area.

I hope you mean that about Natalie in a nice way :) I like her.

I've been driving for years and whilst I do make an effort to keep to the speed limit and consider myself to be a careful driver, there have been times when I've been rushing and realised that I was speeding a little. I'm sure most people have. It's human nature.

This to me seems like another media attack on EE and it's actors. When did they take this little speed test? 10 o'clock at night? 4 o'clock in the afternoon? Was their speed gun working correctly? Why didn't the residents complain to EE or the police?

Don't get me wrong. If these stories are true then they need to take more care. Speeding is wrong but to me, drink driving is far worse.

Pixie
21-11-2005, 15:26
First of all I have to confess that I have spead once in my life ( I only passed my test bout 5 months ago.) I was running extremely late (as usual) but I realise thats no excuse. I think its a good idea making an example out of celebs. Fine the majority of us do it and dont get put in the papers but if they chose to live a lifestyle that includes fame then they should live with the consequences. Speeding kills and maybe making an example of celebs will cut down on the amount of speeding that people do.

Although after sayin that i do agree that the journalist was just probably trying to make a dig at EE and probably speeds all the the time themself!

dddMac1
21-11-2005, 15:33
Naughty Naughty

Richie_lecturer
21-11-2005, 15:34
Naughty Naughty......

....very naughty.

samantha nixon
21-11-2005, 19:10
just cause there famous they think they can break the law

Jada-GDR
21-11-2005, 19:45
:) oops teehee :)

alan45
21-11-2005, 20:22
Don't get me wrong. If these stories are true then they need to take more care. Speeding is wrong but to me, drink driving is far worse.
Actually the facts prove otherwise. Speeding is the major cause of fatal and injury accidents

sarah21
21-11-2005, 22:00
Actually the facts prove otherwise. Speeding is the major cause of fatal and injury accidents

Yes I realise that, but morally being drunk and driving is worse. The only reason speeding has more casualties is the drunks are usually out late at night!

callummc
22-11-2005, 08:45
This is really worse than sex scandels,whether stars are in lifts,car parks or on their webcams,the only people they can hurt is themselves and the ir familys or the person their with unless its that person who sells the story,but a speeding car puts anyone in the area in danger,what makes worse headlines-sex scandel or killing a pedestrion,maybe its a good job the papers set this one up,if left and someone was killed the headlines would be much worse