PDA

View Full Version : dens demise

sean 4 eva
20-11-2005, 01:46
what di yous think of dens demise was it rite for him to be killed of like that

Kim
20-11-2005, 02:35
No, I don't think it was right. He'd done some nasty things, but the death penalty doesn't exist in this country. I think he should have had to live, after losing the vic, Chrissie and Sharon. But the EE bosses needed to write out the character and it was a good storyline for actor Leslie Grantham to go out on.

dEsPeRaDo
20-11-2005, 08:26
i donno in some ways yes, but it was a little bit mean

Rain_
20-11-2005, 09:20
Make him move to the isle of man, the death penalty(although not practised) still exists there

.:SpIcYsPy:.
20-11-2005, 13:06
Please do not use text talk.. sean 4 eva

sean 4 eva
20-11-2005, 13:56
well i liked him and i didnt want him to die as they could have brought him back that would have brought the ratings up id say

sean 4 eva
20-11-2005, 13:58
well i liked him they should have just made him exit by just them scaring him away so then he could have had a chance to come back if they needed him

sean 4 eva
20-11-2005, 13:59
well i liked him

littlemo
20-11-2005, 17:03
I liked his character before the writers made him turn against his own son. I wish they could have just been a family, but still had Dennis and Sharon get together, he should have accepted their relationship eventually. The way he went about splitting them up was completely unacceptable behaviour for a father. It showed he completely disrespected Dennis and Sharon. I don't think Den would have done that, he was a nasty piece of work, but not to his family (intentionally!). The first rule for an Eastender is to 'look after your own'. Everyone knows that!

Was Leslie Grantham sacked or did he resign? I think he resigned. Either way if he was to be written out, it was better to kill him off. Because the amount of times that he left and came back in the short space of time he was in it, was ridiculous. People would have got bored very quickly if he continued doing that. And it was quite good for Chrissie to kill him, she had her revenge.

It is a shame though, that such a great character was ruined. I do miss him a bit. If he could have started to be a bit nicer to his relatives, then I would like him back.

callummc
22-11-2005, 08:53
I miss him to,KH made his charector nasty on purpose so people would hate him and would not complain when he was gone,well i am complaining his charector was ruined by her,den should have been left alone,he could then return at a later date,

Siobhan
22-11-2005, 14:39
I miss him to,KH made his charector nasty on purpose so people would hate him and would not complain when he was gone,well i am complaining his charector was ruined by her,den should have been left alone,he could then return at a later date,

I don't think he could have ever returned.. he is sacked by EE because of conduct outside EE... the webcam incident

callummc
22-11-2005, 15:33
the bbc didn't say he was sacked,he left cos he was loyal to LB

Mr Humphries
25-11-2005, 18:00
Its an awful shame and all the Den hates will regret the day he was killed off. Yeh EE had a good time without him and Sharon too, but it was good TV when he was in it and I just live in hope that he will be dug up again. Dont all shout at me, I am aloud my opinion the same as you all are

callummc
25-11-2005, 18:44
shout at you mr humphreys ,i totaly agree with you ,

Mr Humphries
25-11-2005, 18:46
Thank-you poppet.

Layne
25-11-2005, 18:47
Well i do miss Den, i miss the relationship he had with chrissie and paulien and dot etc.
I knwo that EE had to kill him off somehow, and i quite liked what they did, it was original, and very twisted.
And to be honest, if den hadn't been killed what would of happened he'd of gone on lying to Chrissie and stuff, so i guess there wasn;t really anywhere to take the character (this is all my opinion!)
But i do miss den,

Mr Humphries
25-11-2005, 18:57
Yeah I agree on 50% of it, but surely he could have been written out for a long time, say prison or moved abroad. He was an awful character and yes your right he would have carried on lying etc/.... but something could have been done. Just thing of the mouth-watering storylines with Den against The Mitchells again. He never even met Peggy or Grant. Johnny against Den even more so with Dennis now dead at Johnny's hands. Oh its such a same, but no point crying over it thought its happened now

the_watts_rule
29-11-2005, 16:59
Yeah I agree on 50% of it, but surely he could have been written out for a long time, say prison or moved abroad. He was an awful character and yes your right he would have carried on lying etc/.... but something could have been done. Just thing of the mouth-watering storylines with Den against The Mitchells again. He never even met Peggy or Grant. Johnny against Den even more so with Dennis now dead at Johnny's hands. Oh its such a same, but no point crying over it thought its happened now

Yeah, Pauline and Dens fights were funny. To be honest i don't really miss him but there does seem to be a missing link when Pauline's around.

Jada-GDR
02-12-2005, 21:04
either way im sad to see him go he was one of the few remaining good characters. i think they could have done so much more with him (i mean more than digging up his body). he was the one character who had some potential for interesting future storylines, and ee just killed him off.