PDA

View Full Version : Elaine Ko'd..after 4 Hours

Luna
20-11-2005, 01:04
I'M A Celebrity got off to a dramatic start when ex-EastEnder Elaine Lordan collapsed after just FOUR HOURS in the jungle.

Medics dashed into the camp last night after the actress passed out while walking in 30°C heat.

She was given oxygen and treated for dehydration. But vowed to stay on.

Elaine, 39, said she was exhausted after a torturous and terrifying "tightrope" trek into the camp across 100ft high treetops. With her were fellow contestants Antony Costa, Jenny Frost, Kimberley Davies and Jimmy Osmond.

Life was no easier for the five other celebs — Sid Owen, Jilly Goolden, David Dickinson, Sheree Murphy and Carol Thatcher.

They had to make a stomach-churning parachute jump from 12,000ft above the Australian rainforest —which will be their home for two weeks.

Worried Carol even threw up in the plane.

Fainted

Elaine later collapsed walking back from the Bush Telegraph diary room with Carol and Sheree.

She fainted into the arms of Sheree, who panicked and screamed: "Are you alright, Elaine, Elaine?

"Oh my God, Elaine. Help, help, quickly help."

And Carol said: "We need medical attention".

David went across to take charge, but Sid sent him sprawling as he rushed to his former Albert Square colleague.

He pleaded: "Come on Elaine, don't be silly. Come on." Sheree added: "Get your head up. Don't panic. Deep breaths."

As the celebs gathered around to comfort her, Elaine came too and medics arrived.

Moments later she was back to her usual jokey self as her attention was drawn to the all-male medical team. She smiled "You're nice boys aren't you!".

After drinking a bottle of water, she was helped back to her feet, and declared:

"That was bloody bizarre!"

She and the other celebs went on to have a hearty dinner of WALLABY.

Elaine explained: "I just need a good night's sleep, that tightrope took it out of me, I'm knackered."

She had to be rescued from the wobbly wire bridge when she lost her footing and was left dangling. Ex-Blue singer Antony, 24, also took a tumble and slipped backwards as he tried to negotiate the bridge.

Surprisingly it was 52-year-old Carol—former PM Margaret Thatcher's daughter—who was first to strip off in the camp.

She paraded in her underwear—a blue vest and yellow knickers—when she went for a scrub down and plunged into a pool.

Ex-Atomic Kitten star Jenny was also proud to flash her pants and bonded with former Neighbours stunner Kimberley.

Jenny revealed she had special pants made so she could keep her loved ones close to her. She told Kim: "I've had pictures put on my knickers of my boyfriend and puppy George, and my nephews."

Meanwhile Antony's lover, Emmerdale babe Adele Silva, is hoping he will propose when he leaves the jungle.

The sexy actress—who was 25 yesterday—is heartbroken without him.

She said: "Me and Antony are so happy. I don't want to jinx things but yes, I'd love it if he proposed.

"We live together now and things are going really well. He's only been away from me for a few days and I'm missing him like mad.

Happy

"I'm flying to Australia next week for when he comes out of the show.

"I want him to win but at the same time if he got voted out I'd be happy because I'd see him sooner.

"We had a romantic night together before he went and he says he'll do something special for my birthday when he comes back.

"He told me that he'd got a place on the show a while back and said I had to keep it secret. He said he was worried he'd be in there with people he might not get on with.

"It was funny because Sheree, who is one of my best friends, is on there too and she'd told me and sworn me to secrecy too.

"When he found out who the final contestants were Antony said 'Why didn't you tell me Sheree was going?' I know she'll look after him and they'll have a good laugh

Bryan
20-11-2005, 12:08
sounds like things are getting off to a fun start!

Debs
20-11-2005, 17:07
dosent it just!

i think elaine may quit early!