PDA

View Full Version : Gwyneth Paltrow's germ fears for Apple

Debs
15-11-2005, 12:56
Gwyneth Paltrow won't let anybody touch her daughter Apple - unless they scrub their hands with anti-bacterial soap first. The stunning actress, who is married to Coldplay star Chris Martin, is reportedly so afraid of germs she never lets anyone handle her child unless they have used special soap to rid themselves of dirt

A close friend of Gwyneth said: "She's always been pretty clean-obsessed, but recently it's reached a whole new level

" It has also been revealed, the Oscar-winning beauty is so obsessed with microscopic nasties she never uses public toilets, takes her own brush to the hairdressers and scrubs the bathrooms at hotels where she is staying before washing, according to America's Star magazine

Gwyneth is also said to keep a germ free home, insisting all visitors take off their shoes before crossing the threshold and refuses to shake friends' hands

The actress' spokesman has confirmed Gwyneth allows no shoes in her home and says she was paranoid of unclean visitors when Apple was first born

However, he insists the 'Shakespeare In Love' star is not a "germophobe"

hazey
15-11-2005, 15:27
Not a germophobe who is she trying to convince, There is being clean and being obsessed.She sounds the latter, When my son was small he got very dirty playing,ate sweets that he dropped etc. He never had any childhood complaints at all. The only thing he has had is chicken pox and he got that when he was 21 :rotfl: .

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-11-2005, 16:53
Awww she just loves her duaghter!! Leave her alone!!

Chloe O'brien
15-11-2005, 17:56
I agree with hazey kids need to get dirty and play in the mud it's good for them. My daughter is 7 and i can remember her coming in from the garden hands covered in mud and picking up a sandwich I had made for her and eating it. She is a healthy growing child who has had no illnesses apart from Scarlett Fever when she was 4

Tori
15-11-2005, 18:10
and i thought i was bad- a little dirt does you good

Chloe-Elise
15-11-2005, 19:26
I think its good shes so protective of her, but kids need to get dirty and have fun!

pookie1968uk
15-11-2005, 20:31
the experts reckon we are not building up resisitance to germs any more because we keep our kids too clean. some dirt and muck never harmed anyone!

hazey
15-11-2005, 22:15
the experts reckon we are not building up resisitance to germs any more because we keep our kids too clean. some dirt and muck never harmed anyone! This is what my nan told me over forty five years ago, so she was right, I think a child should be happy and a bit of dirt on them means they have had fun. I grow into a health happy adult, so making them mud pies :rotfl: didn't do me any harm either.

samantha nixon
16-11-2005, 16:57
Awww she just loves her daughter!! Leave her alone!!

i agree spicy