PDA

View Full Version : Katie Holmes quits acting for baby

Debs
12-11-2005, 11:14
Katie Holmes is quitting her acting career to become a full-time mother.

The Batman Begins star doesn't want to miss out on the upbringing of the child she is expecting with Tom Cruise early next year.

"Katie has decided to give up acting altogether," a friend told The Sun. "She's been telling friends that she and Tom have decided it is best she stays at home and brings up their new baby.

"Her decision is raising a lot of eyebrows in Hollywood. She is at the perfect age for so many screen roles and has completely closed the door on a promising career."

willow
12-11-2005, 11:18
i have been waiting for her to do this!!
maybe when the baby is a bit older she might change her mind.
but she is lucky that she can stay at home if she wants to

Chloe O'brien
12-11-2005, 18:23
this has come as no great surprise as she is letting tom control everything she does. She may be luck to be in a postition to be able to stay at home but what happens if she wants to return to acting and nobody gives her a job

samantha nixon
12-11-2005, 19:25
i think its good thats shes staying at home otherwise shed never get to see her child

xsoftladybugx
12-11-2005, 21:06
It wont last long.... she will go back into acting i can tell..

Lennie
12-11-2005, 21:53
I think so too, i think this Tom and Katie thing is happening too fast

willsmummy
13-11-2005, 00:32
I think the whole thing is bizarre, quite honestly. Have you read the stuff about Scientology? She will have to refuse all drugs and remain silent during labour. Sod that for a game of soldiers, when I was in labour, I screamed like a banshee!!!!! To be honest, I think that Tom Cruise seems very controlling, I am not too keen on him. Katie Holmes will probably change her mind when she realises that looking after a baby isn't all snuggles and fluffy bunnies, she'll have to cope with puke, poo, leaky boobs and feeling like she's been hit by a bus for the 1st 6 months.

Mind you, I bet she gets a nanny!

willow
13-11-2005, 07:52
are they allowed nannies??