PDA

View Full Version : A new doctor for Albert Square

Florijo
11-11-2005, 18:42
A new doctor for Albert Square

Tom Ellis to join the cast

Actor Tom Ellis will appear as Albert Square's new GP.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5283/maintomellis4bo.jpg

Actor Tom Ellis is to join EastEnders to play a handsome doctor by the name of Oliver Cousins. Dr Cousins will make the perfect GP. He cares about people, has a gentle manner and is well principled.

Dr Cousins is the fifth doctor to come and work in Walford
Oliver's been looking for a community in which he can get to know the patients. He wants to have a positive impact on their lives, which is why he's chosen to move to Walford. He follows in the footsteps of doctors Legg, Fonseca, Trueman and Leroy.

Tom Ellis joins the show for five months from December. Dr Oliver Cousins will be on screen early in the New Year.

Tom Ellis' credits include Much Ado About Nothing, Love Soup, Waking The Dead, Messiah 3 and Mike Leigh's film Vera Drake.

Tom said: "I'm very much looking forward to joining EastEnders, it's a very exciting time to be involved in the show."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20051111.shtml

Not a long term character then, though they might keep him on if he proves popular.

prettypayal
11-11-2005, 18:45
what happened to Leroy i dont remember him leaving

Chloe O'brien
11-11-2005, 18:47
nice looking guy hook him up with sonia :)

Florijo
11-11-2005, 18:51

Don't know. Did he not just disappear one day ala Sasha.

shannisrules
11-11-2005, 19:08
oooo he'll definately be the new hunky doctor should be interesting

BlackKat
11-11-2005, 19:14
*thud!*

I like him already, :lol: :wub:

alan45
11-11-2005, 19:17
Hope he has more luck than the previous GPs. A Consultant Psychiatrist would be a better addition to the medical team on Albert Square. He would have plenty customers :)

Florijo
11-11-2005, 19:18
*thud!*

I like him already, :lol: :wub:

Shame he is only staying for five months. :(

Chris_2k11
11-11-2005, 19:18
nice looking guy hook him up with sonia :)Sonia is married.

crazygirl
11-11-2005, 19:41
Sonia is married.not for long i think a split up is in the air

willow
11-11-2005, 19:49
Hope he has more luck than the previous GPs. A Consultant Psychiatrist would be a better addition to the medical team on Albert Square. He would have plenty customers :)

he he!! how true though!!!

Debs
11-11-2005, 19:50
Sonia is married.

well so i am chris but he can check me out anyday!!!! :love:

soapyclean
11-11-2005, 19:53
far too short a time for us to find out enough about him, he's hubba hubba hubba :D

Tamzi
11-11-2005, 20:09
Hopefully he'll stick around for longer. I saw him in much ado about nothing and love soup. Pleas elet him be more succesful than peole like the vanishing Leroy!
xxx

shelleyspecs
11-11-2005, 21:18
lol a shrink would definatley be a step in the right direction for albert square...what did happen to the other dr???

Florijo
11-11-2005, 21:39
There are quite a few new characters coming in the next few months.

- Deano Wicks
- Kevin Wicks
- Carly Wicks
- Diane Parish's yet un-named character
- Jack Edwards (unknown fixed period)
- Honey Edwards
- Bert Atkinson
- Dr Oliver Cousins (only for five months)
- Also rumored to be joining is Naomi's mum.

Walford will look a lot different in a few months.

crazygirl
11-11-2005, 21:45
since dr legg left we havnt really seen a dr about we only see hin now and again
i did like dr legg he was cool wasnt he

Kim
11-11-2005, 23:53
not for long i think a split up is in the air

Yeah, there was a rumor of Sonia and Martin splitting at xmas along with one other couple...

Kim
11-11-2005, 23:54
A new doctor for Albert Square

Tom Ellis to join the cast

Actor Tom Ellis will appear as Albert Square's new GP.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5283/maintomellis4bo.jpg

Actor Tom Ellis is to join EastEnders to play a handsome doctor by the name of Oliver Cousins. Dr Cousins will make the perfect GP. He cares about people, has a gentle manner and is well principled.

Dr Cousins is the fifth doctor to come and work in Walford
Oliver's been looking for a community in which he can get to know the patients. He wants to have a positive impact on their lives, which is why he's chosen to move to Walford. He follows in the footsteps of doctors Legg, Fonseca, Trueman and Leroy.

Tom Ellis joins the show for five months from December. Dr Oliver Cousins will be on screen early in the New Year.

Tom Ellis' credits include Much Ado About Nothing, Love Soup, Waking The Dead, Messiah 3 and Mike Leigh's film Vera Drake.

Tom said: "I'm very much looking forward to joining EastEnders, it's a very exciting time to be involved in the show."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20051111.shtml

Not a long term character then, though they might keep him on if he proves popular.

Sounds good, thanks for posting.

Chloe O'brien
12-11-2005, 18:18
i read in the sun magazine today that tazmin outhwaite who played melanie in ee is going out with an actor called tom ellis i wonder if it's the same one? how weird it that

Florijo
12-11-2005, 20:31
i read in the sun magazine today that tazmin outhwaite who played melanie in ee is going out with an actor called tom ellis i wonder if it's the same one? how weird it that

Taken from The Mirror website (http://www.mirror.co.uk/tvandfilm/tvland)

TAMZIN'S NEXT STAR ROLE IS .. THE BRIDE!

TO say that top TV couple Tamzin Outhwaite and Tom Ellis have a lot to celebrate is putting it mildly.

Tamzin has three primetime projects on the go, Tom's just signed a deal to become EastEnders' new heart-throb - and last weekend the couple got engaged.

Yes, it is the same one.

sarah21
12-11-2005, 21:12
This all sounds good news to me. They seem to be casting some excellent actors in these roles - I'm particularly excited about Phil Daniels and Diane Parish. And Tom Ellis doesn't look too bad either!

Florijo
12-11-2005, 21:25
This all sounds good news to me. They seem to be casting some excellent actors in these roles - I'm particularly excited about Phil Daniels and Diane Parish. And Tom Ellis doesn't look too bad either!

Me too. I just hope the likes of Phil Daniels, Diane Parish and Kellie Shirley (who I have heard is quite a good actress as well) stay and have decent enough material to work with. That is the bit I am most worried about. It could be another Billy Murray all over again if EE don't provide them with decent scripts and storylines.

Lennie
12-11-2005, 21:34
I remember seeing him in Love Soup :)

soapyclean
13-11-2005, 09:08
Well its down to the writers to provide the material to keep their characters going for a while. If not then we can see them going the way of Bill Murray, the Ferrarars(sp), and other actors who havent had great storylines.

i_luv_dennis
13-11-2005, 09:31
nore me

Jada-GDR
13-11-2005, 09:34
he was in much ado about nothing
i think he's an ugly freak if you ask me :)

Lennie
13-11-2005, 11:20
Didnt Leroy come back for Ethel's funeral - i think???

Kim
13-11-2005, 11:23
Didnt Leroy come back for Ethel's funeral - i think???

That was doctor Legg. Dr Leroy only came in about 2002 and therefore didn't even know Ethel as she died in 2000.

Lennie
13-11-2005, 11:25
That was doctor Legg. Dr Leroy only came in about 2002 and therefore didn't even know Ethel as she died in 2000.
Thanks, i got confused coz they both begin with the letter L

Last time i saw Leroy was when he was in the Walford's footie team

sarah21
13-11-2005, 11:46
Me too. I just hope the likes of Phil Daniels, Diane Parish and Kellie Shirley (who I have heard is quite a good actress as well) stay and have decent enough material to work with. That is the bit I am most worried about. It could be another Billy Murray all over again if EE don't provide them with decent scripts and storylines.

Billy Murray has been wasted hasn't he? He is the only one I'm sorry is leaving as there is so much more potential there. We have to believe that he was ruined by the old regime, at least that's what I'm hoping. The new castings have a credibility about them and EE needs that at the moment. I hope KH2 wasn't responsible for Dawn Swann though as I'm not that impressed with Kara Tointon.

The main problem has been the storylines and the scripts but hopefully Kate Harewood has a better control over them.

Florijo
13-11-2005, 12:10
I'm not that keen on Dawn (Kara) either. Her fake tan annoys me and she still looks wooden. I'm hoping she will improve, like I hope Naomi improves, once she gets more to do.

I'm gutted about Billy Murray. I don't think he could ever have been a character that would have stayed for more than two years or so as Johnny was not that type of character, but they had a great chance for some great storylines with him and they blew it. They should never have brought Tina into it, and I'm thinking having Ruby around also dragged him down too.

soapyclean
13-11-2005, 12:21
The whold Johnny/Ruby storyline was totally screwed up, they could've handled that alot better, and why cant the new head person change storylines so they fit into the continuity of the show????? or lack there of haha

Lennie
13-11-2005, 13:24
I think getting rid of Tina was abit drastic

littlemo
13-11-2005, 16:46
Last time i saw Leroy was when he was in the Walford's footie team

Doctor Leroy didn't really involve himself in the community. He made an effort with the Walford Football team, but it never worked. As soon as Eastenders started Doctor Legg became a fixture, I don't think any other doctor has topped him. Fonseca and Trueman were alright, but still I hope this new doctor does a lot better than them. I hope he's somebody who is going to be remembered in years to come.

Lennie
13-11-2005, 16:47
I hope so too

hayley
14-11-2005, 19:39
oooh! he looks quite nice! :wub: