PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks Gone Tooooooooo Far!

Sherbs
20-04-2005, 12:06
Hey all,
I love Hollyoaks, and not just for the copious amounts of extremely nice women in very little clothing, but becuase it is genuinely a decent programme, and brings a lot of subjects out that many 'soaps' wouldn't dare.
But the other night they really did take it too far.
Giving Tom (5 yrs old) a mobile phone, so he could keep in touch.
That was just going too far, i am sure all the parents who's kids watch Hollyoaks (and a lot of kids do, including mine) will not be too happy when their 5 yr olds start asking for a mobile because he they saw it on Hollyoaks.
I know this programme goes to the extremes sometimes in stupidness, but this was just irresponsible.
I have been having enough trouble with my 8 yr old daughter going on about wanting a mobile, gladly she missed that episode!
Rant over.
:hmm:

Rory18
20-04-2005, 12:10
well it is a good idea

hellsbells
20-04-2005, 12:13
Yeah, I thought that was a bit riddiculous. A 5 year old with a mobile phone, for gods sake. They're going to turn that Tom into such a spoilt little brat.

Although having said that, I can see how it would make Mandy and Tony feel better knowing he had that phone with him, even if he does spend most of his time abusing it and totally wasting money on pointless calls.