PDA

View Full Version : New EE character

Florijo
03-11-2005, 10:40
Dave Hill is joining EastEnders in the New Year to play Bert Atkinson, an acquaintance of Pauline Fowler's current squeeze, Joe Macer.

Bert is brash, witty and refreshingly honest, with the ability to be both charming and offensive at the same time.

He is always up for a laugh and is a great story-teller. Bert won't take any nonsense from anybody.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/11_november/03/eastenders.shtml

Siobhan
03-11-2005, 10:42
Is it just me or is Joe just a straight Derek? I mistook him for Derek when he was on last.. was wonder when he returned.. lol

Chloe O'brien
03-11-2005, 10:44
it's about time new faces onto the square

Florijo
03-11-2005, 10:55
I juse hope these new faces are not rubbish characters. I'd rather stick with the old faces than have rubbish new characters.

I see what you mean about Derek and Joe. Personally I did'nt mistake Joe for Derek but I can see the similarities. Hopefully Joe will be more interesting than Derek as I don't recall Derek ever having a decent storyline.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
03-11-2005, 17:55
Is it just me or is Joe just a straight Derek? I mistook him for Derek when he was on last.. was wonder when he returned.. lol
:rotfl: I did the same!!

Debs
03-11-2005, 17:58

they are very very alike arent they!

pops110874
03-11-2005, 19:10
i dont mean to be ageist here but arent there enough oldies on the square?

pat, peggy, charlie, mo, pauline. joe, dot, jim, patrick and yolande

there arent that many decent younger characters (or there wont be come jan 06) the current older actors are great but you get the feeling sometimes they are just there to make up the numbers......ie pat, mo, charlie etc

Florijo
03-11-2005, 19:20

pat, peggy, charlie, mo, pauline. joe, dot, jim, patrick and yolande

there arent that many decent younger characters (or there wont be come jan 06) the current older actors are great but you get the feeling sometimes they are just there to make up the numbers......ie pat, mo, charlie etc

What I think EastEnders needs is people aged in their 30's and 40's, especially women. With Chrissie, Sam, Kat, Tina and Sharon going, there will not be many females in that age range left. The only ones I can think of is Rosie and Little Mo. Same with the males.

I don't agree about Pat making up the numbers. With the Wicks family coming soon, Kate Harwood obviously wants her to become a bigger part of the Square. I agree that Mo and Charlie are making up the numbers somewhat, but they do still serve a purpose, as a family for Stacey.

The lastest signings are quite young though. Deano and Carly Wicks and Honey Edwards. Also Dawn and Naomi. Granted, Naomi is boring but she does have a storyline coming up soon, so she might get better.

pops110874
04-11-2005, 11:37
What I think EastEnders needs is people aged in their 30's and 40's, especially women. With Chrissie, Sam, Kat, Tina and Sharon going, there will not be many females in that age range left. The only ones I can think of is Rosie and Little Mo. Same with the males.

I don't agree about Pat making up the numbers. With the Wicks family coming soon, Kate Harwood obviously wants her to become a bigger part of the Square. I agree that Mo and Charlie are making up the numbers somewhat, but they do still serve a purpose, as a family for Stacey.

The lastest signings are quite young though. Deano and Carly Wicks and Honey Edwards. Also Dawn and Naomi. Granted, Naomi is boring but she does have a storyline coming up soon, so she might get better.

I agree - the square is in dire need of the 25+ characters.

Pat is getting better but for a while there she was a spare part, im glad the older characters are getting some storylines though

xsoftladybugx
04-11-2005, 11:39

I was gonna say the same thing!! They dont have exciting storylines just going and sitting in the pub or wandering around the square... BORING!!

soapyclean
04-11-2005, 13:51
Well complain to EE about their writers and the storylines and tell them what you would like to see :D

They do need some more younger actors, ones who grow with the character like Stacey.

Siobhan
04-11-2005, 15:10
Well complain to EE about their writers and the storylines and tell them what you would like to see :D

They do need some more younger actors, ones who grow with the character like Stacey.

EE doesn't want too many young actors, afterall the majority of people watching soaps are older... stereotypically housewives/husbands and older people... if you get too many young character in then soaps lose a larger part of their viewing group

EE needs a balance.. the slaters were a good example, they had teenager, 25+, and older group..