PDA

View Full Version : Billie Reveals Marriage Feud

Debs
02-11-2005, 18:30
Doctor Who goddess Billie Piper has revealed she hid her marriage to Chris Evans from her parents.

And she admitted they went mad when they found out their daughter, then just 18, had got hitched to the ginger-haired DJ.

The former popstar told Glamour magazine: "I didn't give a ******* about what other people thought. I still don't.

"That's why I didn't tell my parents I was getting married, because I knew their response would be negative."

Until now, Billie's family have insisted they had known about the £200 wedding in Las Vegas - but had not been able to attend.

In fact, Billie's parents were furious she did not consult them.

Asked if they 'went mental' after the news was announced, Billie said: "Yes, completely. I didn't care though. I didn't want their opinion.

"I apologised to them afterwards but it hadn't surprised them. They know what I'm like.

"I don't know if they completely got over that but you've got to move on. Now I speak to them all the time."

Billie, 23, split from Chris, 39, three years after getting hitched, but the pair remain close.

She also denied rumours that her new boyfriend, Amadu Sowe is a tantric sex expert.

The actress said: "He's definitely not Mr Tantric. And thank God, because who wants to be having sex for three days without the big O? Isn't that what it's about? And I've got a job to do!"

In Glamour, Billie also admitted she has an addictive personality, smokes a packet of cigarettes a day and has a "cleaning compulsion that verges on OCD".