PDA

View Full Version : need help

twinkle_eyes83
02-11-2005, 10:49
with my 3 year old daughter bethany cos iam gonna kick her to kindom come if she carrys on she keeps trying to smother paige she has put a blanket over her face a teddy over her face treid to lay on her and rolled her from her back to her tummy she still not good at holding her head up on her tummy and goes face down i have shouted at beth put her on the naughtey step put her in her bedroom and tried to talk to her and tell her not to do it but she wont listen any advice

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:22
How long do you put her in her room for?? I have used this method with Ci and leave him in there for 5 mins - I don't say a word to him when I take him up there, but when I go to "release" him I go down to his eye level and ask him if he understood why he went in his room - if he doesnt understand I explain it to him, say that he shouldn't do it again and if he does he will be back in his room again, and then give him a hug and tell him that I love him. Then as soon as he does it again, he is straight in his room again and I go through the same system - it takes a while, but it works - perserverance is the key and continuity. Obviously though, with what she is doing, you are going to have to make sure you are watching her all of the time.

Does she help you with her at all, like with nappy changing, etc - sometimes this may help too.....

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:22
with my 3 year old daughter bethany cos iam gonna kick her to kindom come if she carrys on she keeps trying to smother paige she has put a blanket over her face a teddy over her face treid to lay on her and rolled her from her back to her tummy she still not good at holding her head up on her tummy and goes face down i have shouted at beth put her on the naughtey step put her in her bedroom and tried to talk to her and tell her not to do it but she wont listen any advice

ah I had similar problem when I had Ben, Charley would sit on him and constantly at his face plus she was so naughty I couldn't control her and constantly had running battles with her.. What I did was involve her with Ben. Got her to get the nappy, hold the cream, stuff like that and while i was getting her to help me I was explain why it has to be as Ben was so small and has to be handled carefully.. she is really gentle with him now.. Explain to Bethany that you need her to help you so that when Paige grows up they can play together but now she has to teach her.

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:24
Takes a while Em!!! takes forever but it is worth it in the end...

twinkle_eyes83
02-11-2005, 11:24
cos she is 3 she goes in there for 3 mins but its not teaching her at all

twinkle_eyes83
02-11-2005, 11:26
oh yeah she does help to do things like getting nappies and cream and bathing her things like that

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:28
Definitely have her to help you with Paige like Siobhan said though - it may be she's feeling a bit left out as she is no longer the baby anymore. Once she helps doing things with Paige she'll begin to realise (and you can explain to her) that her little sister is there to be love, looked after and played with she is bigger, but for now, she needs help with everything - she could be seeing the nappy changing and normal day to day caring of paige as you giving all of you attention to Paige instead of her, which then can cause the jealousy problems....

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:29
oh yeah she does help to do things like getting nappies and cream and bathing her things like that

Trying this, seemed to work with Charley.. I told her that when ben is awake, it is Ben time and when he is asleep it is Charley time so if she wakes him she loses out on time with Mammy... Bethany is jealous and wants your time.. it will get better

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:30
Takes a while Em!!! takes forever but it is worth it in the end...lol - it did with Ci, but now just the threat of going in his room is enough for him to stop the naughtiness, though usually its hubby that has the problem rather than me, as he knows that I carry out my threats whereas hubby doesnt!! Has him wrapped round his little finger!

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:31
Definitely have her to help you with Paige like Siobhan said though - it may be she's feeling a bit left out as she is no longer the baby anymore. Once she helps doing things with Paige she'll begin to realise (and you can explain to her) that her little sister is there to be love, looked after and played with she is bigger, but for now, she needs help with everything - she could be seeing the nappy changing and normal day to day caring of paige as you giving all of you attention to Paige instead of her, which then can cause the jealousy problems....

I agree and I feel sorry for the child. she got all your attention for 3 years, it was the same with Charley and they feel like they don't have you anymore... it is quiet upsetting for them and misbehaving is away of getting your attention even if it is negative

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:32
lol - it did with Ci, but now just the threat of going in his room is enough for him to stop the naughtiness, though usually its hubby that has the problem rather than me, as he knows that I carry out my threats whereas hubby doesnt!! Has him wrapped round his little finger!

ah!!! he has a pet daddy too...Men are just soft touch where kids are concerned

twinkle_eyes83
02-11-2005, 11:38
lol i think its more of the other way round for me they get away with it with me depending on what they have done but they no not to be naughtey when there dad is around lol

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:40
lol i think its more of the other way round for me they get away with it with me depending on what they have done but they no not to be naughtey when there dad is around lol

Then use this to your advantage.. tell Bethany that if she keeps annoying Paige that you will tell her daddy she is been a very naughty girl.. if she behaves when her dad is around then she will not want him to know that she misbehaves

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:42
I agree and I feel sorry for the child. she got all your attention for 3 years, it was the same with Charley and they feel like they don't have you anymore... it is quiet upsetting for them and misbehaving is away of getting your attention even if it is negativeExactly, Siobhan - my youngest always plays up for my hubby because he isn't around much, where he is at work all day - its wanting attention whether it be in a good way or bad, and Bethany has worked out that when she does these things to Paige, she gets your attention......the main is to try to not get angry with her, and keep giving her those hugs :)

twinkle_eyes83
02-11-2005, 11:44
i could try that see how that goes i have have notcied that at bed time when i put her in her pjs 10 mins later she has got a different one on she changed them 4 times last night now i thought you did not go through that stage till at least 10 years old and on when your all ways trying on different clothes she must be starting early LOL

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:45
ah!!! he has a pet daddy too...Men are just soft touch where kids are concernedlol - definite pet daddy - he lets him get away with soooo much, but then when it gets to the point that he does tell him off, the tears start as daddy has told him off and then its all "aww I'm sorry" etc and then he carries on with what he was doing before!!!

Grrrr - men!! lol Daddy just feels guilty because he works such long hours though....

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:55
lol - definite pet daddy - he lets him get away with soooo much, but then when it gets to the point that he does tell him off, the tears start as daddy has told him off and then its all "aww I'm sorry" etc and then he carries on with what he was doing before!!!

Grrrr - men!! lol Daddy just feels guilty because he works such long hours though....

I do too sometime.. I work long hours but I don't do what charley's dad does.. seriously if she drops something she says "daddy pick it up" and he does.. She told him that he has to carry her everywhere as princesses don't walk and he does...

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:57
i could try that see how that goes i have have notcied that at bed time when i put her in her pjs 10 mins later she has got a different one on she changed them 4 times last night now i thought you did not go through that stage till at least 10 years old and on when your all ways trying on different clothes she must be starting early LOL

Oh no.. they start at 3... Did she just recently turn 3??? Charley went from sweet angel to monster when she turned 3 and was only just pregnant at the time so it wasn't jealousy then

Jojo
02-11-2005, 12:01
I do too sometime.. I work long hours but I don't do what charley's dad does.. seriously if she drops something she says "daddy pick it up" and he does.. She told him that he has to carry her everywhere as princesses don't walk and he does...:eek: Got to admire her intelligence though :lol: Ci just knows that if he gives daddy his puppy dog pout, he'll melt and do anything for him and half the time that means his big brother (12) being blamed for anything and everything - like Ci will run in and say "Ste just hit me" and I will have watched them and know that he hasn't, but daddy believes Ci because of the puppy dog pout and croc tears!! Then I have a go at hubby for having a go at Ste for him not doing anything and then......oh so much fun!! :rotfl:

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 12:08
:eek: Got to admire her intelligence though :lol: Ci just knows that if he gives daddy his puppy dog pout, he'll melt and do anything for him and half the time that means his big brother (12) being blamed for anything and everything - like Ci will run in and say "Ste just hit me" and I will have watched them and know that he hasn't, but daddy believes Ci because of the puppy dog pout and croc tears!! Then I have a go at hubby for having a go at Ste for him not doing anything and then......oh so much fun!! :rotfl:

Poor Ste... getting the blame for everything. I don't live with Charley's dad anymore so he spoils her rotten..she said to me one day that Daddy buys her everything, except a Pony.

Debs
02-11-2005, 12:40
ah!!! he has a pet daddy too...Men are just soft touch where kids are concerned

nah mines not, he more strict than me! sometimes to strict and then i pull him up on it and we argue!! connor dosent misbehave as much with me, the strictness from his dad just dosent work so he plays up more with him!