PDA

View Full Version : EastEnders to extend set

Luna
02-11-2005, 08:37
Found this on DS no source was quoted so i thought id put it in here

The BBC have given the go ahead to another extension of the EastEnders set in Borehamwood. The new set will include a new mini high street and new pub as well as flats.
The extension will bring new characters into the long running soap which has recently returned to the top of the ratings since the return of Phil and Grant Mitchell.

The EastEnders set was first built in 1984 and has been extended several times since.

Angeltigger
02-11-2005, 10:03
That sounds like Fun- does that mean they will all move house

Florijo
02-11-2005, 10:34
Sounds good but I will take it as rumor until I see a source. If it is true then I reckon it will be cool. A new pub looks interesting. I remember posting on these boards a while ago about EE having a rival to the Queen Vic. Maybe they might bring in a new family as well. I don't think any established characters will be moving house (Pauline etc), I think this is just to make room for new characters. The actual set is not moving so they wont all move house, they are just extending it to make the Square bigger.

lollymay
02-11-2005, 11:40
well cool - cant wait to see what shops everyone will go in lol

Bryan
02-11-2005, 14:53
i hope this isnt true as theres enough as it is... anymore wouldnt be the same... biut maybe the mitchells could take it all over! :cheer:

dddMac1
02-11-2005, 15:49
the BBC's part of Eltree must be massive if there wanting to extend the set

soapyclean
02-11-2005, 17:44
why extend it when they need to upgrade their writing and do something with the characters they got already. or add some more and stop allowing the others to leave with out keeping it running smoothly.

Florijo
02-11-2005, 18:50
Has anyone taken a look at the map of Albert Square on the EastEnders website? http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/backstage/albert_sq/albert_sq_hub.shtml

The nail bar has gone and there are some greyed out spaces as well. Maybe this is something to do with this expansion. :confused:

Layne
02-11-2005, 19:36
Fine if they expand it, but i dont' think they should have another pub! x

Bryan
02-11-2005, 19:55

corrie has another one, but it dont feature that much, but it makes a nice change from the rovers every now and again

Dutchgirl
02-11-2005, 21:19
There is so much on the current set which is not used as it is. Sophistikates the nail bar and other shops at taht side of the road. is Sams flat the same as Billie and Mo's old one?

Layne
03-11-2005, 16:17
corrie has another one, but it dont feature that much, but it makes a nice change from the rovers every now and again

yeh thats a point, i guess ee could do that!

Florijo
03-11-2005, 16:29
A rival pub would be great. Maybe the new Wicks family could run it, especially as it looks like Deano's sister is going to turn up in Walford as well.

hannah-mj
03-11-2005, 19:59
i think this sounds ok but i dont think it would be quite the same if they add another pub for some reason lolz!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
03-11-2005, 21:26
I agree Layne... it will be like.... mad!! One fight here and one fight there :p

big bro fan
04-11-2005, 16:59
will be good idea i think

squarelady
05-11-2005, 13:17
I'd love to see them attempt to expand the Elstree set without demolishing peoples homes and forcing them to move out! - I don't really believe this is going to happen and if it does then it might mean a move of location or getting rid of the carpark! I don't think there's any need for it personally!

dddMac1
07-11-2005, 15:56
i don't think they should extend the set

pinkfirefly
09-11-2005, 14:24
I think they should have a big explosion or something and wipe out some areas which are old and dated, they could kill off some boring characters in the process and re-vamp the whole show!

soapyclean
09-11-2005, 14:29
The tried and true fashion then, new set means big explosions coming up :D or should it be yawn??

Mr Humphries
11-11-2005, 18:43
They should a funeral directors with the amount of deaths in the square

soapyclean
11-11-2005, 19:03
yeah called 'bodies R us' hehehehehe

Cornishbabe
11-11-2005, 20:12
They really shouldnt have a new pub.

Jada-GDR
11-11-2005, 20:46
NO! I DON'T WANT ANOTHER PUB! :crying:

megan999
09-02-2006, 16:47
The owners of the new pub should be rivals to the Mitchells. I hope they don't overload the castlist with so many new actors, I think it's getting slightly ridiculous - the speed they are being introduced at the moment. Quality of actors, not Quantity!!!

littlemo
09-02-2006, 18:44
The owners of the new pub should be rivals to the Mitchells. I hope they don't overload the castlist with so many new actors, I think it's getting slightly ridiculous - the speed they are being introduced at the moment. Quality of actors, not Quantity!!!

Yes there are a lot of new characters. There hasn't been anybody working in the new complex yet though has there? Bradley works in the city, Deano's on the stall, and Honey works in the Vic. I suppose the Foxes and other Wick's might work there. If the rumour is true.

callummc
09-02-2006, 23:28
I dont know about extending the set,the money would be better spent getting some new writers could actually write decent scripts for the actors they have allreay got,then start to extend the set and recruit some new actors

JustJodi
13-02-2006, 17:30
They should a funeral directors with the amount of deaths in the square

A funeral home, and a undertaker just like in the old west. How many deaths has Walford had in the past couple of years,,,:rolleyes:

twinkle_eyes83
18-04-2006, 13:44
i dont think they are doing anything to eastenders as my partner would have heard about it as he works in that sort of stuff and does quite a few lights and things for it so he would have heard a bout but i could be wrong but elstree and borehamwood studios are a big set