PDA

View Full Version : do do and blankie!!

Debs
01-11-2005, 17:44
im trying to get connor to give up his awfu; dirty dodo during the day and hopefully at night as well but he just wont give it up! ive taken them away but he has a secret stasth hidden in his room somewhere. As soon as he comes home from preschool he hunts for his blankiew and of course with that he has to have his dodo!

anyone have any ideas as to how i get him to give it up?? not worried about blankie really dont wanna take away all his comforts it is just that dirty dodo
help!!!

chance
01-11-2005, 20:39
tell him that there is a dodo fairy just like there is a tooth fairy etc and that she will leave him money or a present for all his dodo's?

Debs
01-11-2005, 20:42
fab idea ill be trying that one!!

have tried bribing him before . for every dodod that you give me and give back ill give you a car. What would you prefer dodo or cars?? and the reply was i love my dodo better!! LOL

but yeah ill try the dodofairy

cheers mate

willow
02-11-2005, 09:35
now that xmas is nearly here why not leave it out for santa?

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 09:43
My daughter Charley gave her bottle to Santa and her dummy to the easter bunny.. it works well..

Chloe O'brien
02-11-2005, 09:52
help him write a letter to santa and get him to put the dodo in the envelope encouraging him that he is a big boy now and big boys don't need dodo's

Debs
02-11-2005, 10:51
fab ideas if fairy dont work ill be trying them

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:02
I was quite mean with ci, debs - told him that he couldn't go to preschool if he still had his dummy because only big boys went to preschool - it worked though :lol: He kept his dummy for the night time for a bit after and then I conveniently lost them when it came to bed time and he didn't miss it after that - it was easier than i thought, but it was a case of making sure it was out of sight and there were none hidden anywhere that he could find!! Father Christmas is a good one though, like has been suggested. :)

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:04
Santa is great for everything. Kids behave more at christmas

Debs
02-11-2005, 11:07
Santa is great for everything. Kids behave more at christmas

definately this is the first year that connor reallay understands father christmas and what happens and i have used him for loads!!! eating dinner, not hitting my nephew, etc etc

god knows what im gonna do after xmas!!

Jojo
02-11-2005, 11:07
And when they see all the ads on tv and its a constant "can i have that", all I need to say in reply is, you'll have to ask Father Christmas in your letter and see if he brings it. Which is great as within 10mins my youngest has forgotten all about it!

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:08
definately this is the first year that connor reallay understands father christmas and what happens and i have used him for loads!!! eating dinner, not hitting my nephew, etc etc

that is where Easter bunny comes in... With charley i am kinda sorted for the year: Santa at christmas, Easter bunny after christmas and her birthday is in september plus during summer I tell her she can't go to the beach if she doesn't behave...

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:09
felt a bit cruel writing that but if it works then it works

Siobhan
02-11-2005, 11:18
And when they see all the ads on tv and its a constant "can i have that", all I need to say in reply is, you'll have to ask Father Christmas in your letter and see if he brings it. Which is great as within 10mins my youngest has forgotten all about it!

ha ha.. I always tell Charley she can have 10 for them... she forgets about it too

Debs
02-11-2005, 21:22
am trying the dodo fairy tonight!

he is driving me mad he has been up and down since 8 for stupid things!

willow
02-11-2005, 21:25
good luck babe!!!!

its the hardest thing to get rid of!!!

my friends son helped me get niall off his!! i could not have done it without him!! i have no idea how i am going to get niamh off hers, so i am looking out here for tips!!

Debs
02-11-2005, 21:28
good luck babe!!!!

its the hardest thing to get rid of!!!

my friends son helped me get niall off his!! i could not have done it without him!! i have no idea how i am going to get niamh off hers, so i am looking out here for tips!!

well he hasnt actually asked for his dodo but he is up and down wanting things and just wont settle which i was expecting but it annoying!!

he has wroitten a letter for the dodo fairy and he seems quite happy to do it bless him!

willow
02-11-2005, 21:31
i know what you mean, asking for everything but!!!!

its good that he has written a letter, i am sure he will be fine

Debs
02-11-2005, 21:46
i know what you mean, asking for everything but!!!!

its good that he has written a letter, i am sure he will be fine

yeah i hope he will!! if not ill send him to his nany and grandpas until he got rid of it :rotfl:

willow
02-11-2005, 21:47
i may try that on niamh!!! i will send her to my sisters!!!!

she is only 19 months so i have a bit of time

Debs
02-11-2005, 21:56
i may try that on niamh!!! i will send her to my sisters!!!!

she is only 19 months so i have a bit of time

LOL

he has actually settled still awak but in bed and staying there>

willow
02-11-2005, 21:58
*fingers crossed for you*

Debs
02-11-2005, 22:12
yay he is asleep!!! no dodo just his blankie!

willow
02-11-2005, 22:44
Yippee!!!!!

RealityGap
03-11-2005, 16:30

well you know Christmas is only 364 days away on boxing day - so it isnt long before you can use Christmas will be here soon again

RealityGap
03-11-2005, 16:32
OK can I be thick here what is a dodo? (I am guessing dummy!)

Siobhan
03-11-2005, 16:34

you guess right

RealityGap
03-11-2005, 17:03
you guess right

thanks Siobhan! I did think that :)

.:SpIcYsPy:.
03-11-2005, 17:21
Sorry but what's a do do?!

Ignore that!! realitygap asked me the same question and i just saw..

Debs
03-11-2005, 17:48

yeah its his name for dummy

Debs
03-11-2005, 17:50
second dodo will be binned tonight!! he got 50p for his dodo last night so im hoping he will give it up easily tonight

took him ages to get to sleep but he did in the end and didnt even wake up for the dodo in the night. and hasnt asked for one today so far eother!

RealityGap
03-11-2005, 17:59
Way to go! Great job mum and Con!

03-11-2005, 18:12
That's quick improvement!! How about to stop my sister who is 7 now sucking her thumb...

Mum always tell her not to do it and supports her but she goes back to it..

I try scaring her saying they take your thumb away if you suck it for years..

03-11-2005, 18:13
When I moved house.. 9 - 11 years ago I 'left' my dummy there my mum said so I stopped the dummy then.

Debs
03-11-2005, 18:49
Way to go! Great job mum and Con!

really thought we would have had a fight today with him! but nope he ahs not even asked bedtime is the bif test though only an hour to go!

Debs
03-11-2005, 18:50
That's quick improvement!! How about to stop my sister who is 7 now sucking her thumb...

Mum always tell her not to do it and supports her but she goes back to it..

I try scaring her saying they take your thumb away if you suck it for years..

awww i sucked my thumb till i was 11 and then decided to stop as i went to big school and didnt wanna have the mickey taken out of me!!

tell her your thumb shrinks and it gives you buck teeth!! mum did that to me she told me id have buck teeeth and would need a brace.and i did!! 3 years it took for them to sort my teeth out

Debs
03-11-2005, 22:04
Con wasnt happy tonight about not having a dodo but he went to bed without and went straight to sleep! refused to do the dodofairy though i put it out for her anyway! thinking i may just chuch the dodo in bin now maybe keep one for tomorrw night to give to fairy

Jojo
04-11-2005, 09:06
:cheer: Another night without it though Debs.....I would get rid of all of em except for say, one, so if he wants to do the fairy thingy he can, but if he doesn't mention it, then its fine too - well done to Con though, its hard for them, but hes done really well :D

samantha nixon
04-11-2005, 15:33
ah hes done really well i gave mine to father christmas and got a big present for it

04-11-2005, 16:24
awww i sucked my thumb till i was 11 and then decided to stop as i went to big school and didnt wanna have the mickey taken out of me!!

tell her your thumb shrinks and it gives you buck teeth!! mum did that to me she told me id have buck teeeth and would need a brace.and i did!! 3 years it took for them to sort my teeth out
Hmm.. the braces seem a good idea.. I will tell mum thanks xx

She did tell my sister she would get pokey out teeth and her thumb will be smaller but she dosen't care.. she's wierd.. she not no caring and keeps sucking on!!

Debs
04-11-2005, 16:24
:cheer: Another night without it though Debs.....I would get rid of all of em except for say, one, so if he wants to do the fairy thingy he can, but if he doesn't mention it, then its fine too - well done to Con though, its hard for them, but hes done really well :D

yeah we getting rid of the rest tonightas i said all the dodo may neam loadsa dosh or even a toy so he said he will give them to gher tonight!!!

Jojo
04-11-2005, 16:31
Good luck - I'm sure he'll be fine. Ci mentioned his a couple of times after, every few days but now, you wouldn't have thought he'd ever had one...

Bribery generally always works with them lol

Debs
04-11-2005, 16:36
Good luck - I'm sure he'll be fine. Ci mentioned his a couple of times after, every few days but now, you wouldn't have thought he'd ever had one...

Bribery generally always works with them lol

LOL as long as i mention a toy car he will generally do anything i ask :rotfl:

Jojo
04-11-2005, 16:40
:rotfl: Tescos do great ones for 45p - replicas too - everytime i go there i have to buy them for Ci, but I don't mind so much as they are only 45p

Debs
04-11-2005, 17:04
:rotfl: Tescos do great ones for 45p - replicas too - everytime i go there i have to buy them for Ci, but I don't mind so much as they are only 45p

connor a hot wheel freak he has 100s but then i love them too so that why and wilko got em for 60p each at mo. i went into our cutprice and got him a aston martin and a porshce replica which he will love

he just found a dummy and gave it straight to me without me even asking and told me to give it to the dodo fairy :eek:

Siobhan
04-11-2005, 17:09
connor a hot wheel freak he has 100s but then i love them too so that why and wilko got em for 60p each at mo. i went into our cutprice and got him a aston martin and a porshce replica which he will love

he just found a dummy and gave it straight to me without me even asking and told me to give it to the dodo fairy :eek:

That is brilliant news...

04-11-2005, 17:36
:eek: Never... ?!

Well done Conz!!

Debs
04-11-2005, 17:37
:eek: Never... ?!

Well done Conz!!

bless him! and no fighting just how i like it!!

next step night nappies!

willow
05-11-2005, 14:35
wow!!! you mst be so proud of him!!!!

Siobhan
07-11-2005, 12:00
bless him! and no fighting just how i like it!!

next step night nappies!

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!! the dreaded potty training...

Debs
07-11-2005, 12:02
aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!! the dreaded potty training...

awww i didnt have much of a problem with con con

im just dreading getting rid of nappies at night!

any tips???

Siobhan
07-11-2005, 12:05
awww i didnt have much of a problem with con con

im just dreading getting rid of nappies at night!

any tips???

I was ok with charley.. she went a week with a dry nappy so I took the chance and left them off her.. she wasn't wearing a nappy during the day so she seem ok to be out of nappy

Angeltigger
07-11-2005, 12:06
Sorry but what is a dodo

Siobhan
07-11-2005, 12:15
Sorry but what is a dodo
baby dummy/soother

Angeltigger
07-11-2005, 12:16
Oh ok thanks Siobhan

RealityGap
07-11-2005, 16:17
Deb's we have just started putting C down without his night nappy he has been dry for months at night, but was too chicken just to put him down without one - he has been fine - I am sure that Con will be too

Debs
07-11-2005, 17:20
Deb's we have just started putting C down without his night nappy he has been dry for months at night, but was too chicken just to put him down without one - he has been fine - I am sure that Con will be too

he used to wake up with a dry nappy but now he seesm to wee in it some days

im in no rush hell do it when he ready but i don want it to be before he goes to school! what is teh best age for night nappies?

Siobhan
07-11-2005, 17:21

im in no rush hell do it when he ready but i don want it to be before he goes to school! what is teh best age for night nappies?

I had charley out of them at before she was 3.. try pull ups they work well

Debs
07-11-2005, 17:24
I had charley out of them at before she was 3.. try pull ups they work well

yeah thats what he in at night now.

Siobhan
07-11-2005, 17:25
yeah thats what he in at night now.

If you find the pull ups dry for at least 3 nights in a row.. try him without them... there will be accidents but he will get use to it..

Jojo
07-11-2005, 17:41
Ci is still in night time pull ups and he is 3 1/2 debs....

RealityGap
08-11-2005, 10:05

C was early at potty training (his choice) so he isnt yet 3 and has been out his nappy for a few weeks, he wakes up during the night and askes for a wee - I would say that is the real sign (for me) that he was ready to be out his pull up.

We have only had one accident since coming out of his pull-ups but thanks to a nice bed wetting pad from boots it was a quick clean up job in the morning.

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 10:08
Ci is still in night time pull ups and he is 3 1/2 debs....

When he is ready, he will be ready.. don't worry about it... some kids just take time..

RealityGap
08-11-2005, 10:12
When he is ready, he will be ready.. don't worry about it... some kids just take time..

this is so my attitude as well - It isnt seen as a medical issue that they are not dry (at night) until they are 5 or 6 so Con has ages to go yet!

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 10:18
this is so my attitude as well - It isnt seen as a medical issue that they are not dry (at night) until they are 5 or 6 so Con has ages to go yet!

I would start to worry about it when they are that age.. I am sure he will be out of night pullups before he gets to school..

Debs
08-11-2005, 10:56
We have only had one accident since coming out of his pull-ups but thanks to a nice bed wetting pad from boots it was a quick clean up job in the morning.

bed wetting pad from boots??? ooh how much was that and what it called???

Jojo
08-11-2005, 13:06
bed wetting pad from boots??? ooh how much was that and what it called???I'm not worried about Ci and night time - he'll be ready when he is.

I used Pampers Bed Mats on Ci's bed which are great - I don't know if boots do their own brand ones though as they would tend to be cheaper....

Debs
08-11-2005, 14:43
I'm not worried about Ci and night time - he'll be ready when he is.

I used Pampers Bed Mats on Ci's bed which are great - I don't know if boots do their own brand ones though as they would tend to be cheaper....

ohhhhhhhh pampers bed mats i used them for a while when his nappie were leaking!! ill have to look in boots and see if they do their oewn

Jojo
08-11-2005, 15:31
ohhhhhhhh pampers bed mats i used them for a while when his nappie were leaking!! ill have to look in boots and see if they do their oewnJust had a look on their website and they are only listing the pampers ones - £4.78 for a pack of 7, but they may do them in store.....let me know if they do. You can also get them at Tescos and Asdas aswell... :D

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 15:45
I would generally put a plastic sheet down to cover the mattress and then just wash the sheets if any little accident...

Debs
08-11-2005, 15:48
I would generally put a plastic sheet down to cover the mattress and then just wash the sheets if any little accident...#

CON always ahas a waterproof mattress protector on his bed but at least the bed nats would help as well. i have stocked up on bedsheets and duvet covers ready for the night wetting!!!

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 15:53
#

CON always ahas a waterproof mattress protector on his bed but at least the bed nats would help as well. i have stocked up on bedsheets and duvet covers ready for the night wetting!!!

I got loads of my sister.. she has been through it just before me..

Jojo
08-11-2005, 16:22
I found that the bed mats helped as they were still soft underneath the sheets, but also waterproof, so preventing leaks onto the mattress - as we found out at the weekend....

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 16:24
I found that the bed mats helped as they were still soft underneath the sheets, but also waterproof, so preventing leaks onto the mattress - as we found out at the weekend....

It is the first sign of been a mum, waking at 2/3 in the morning to clean your childs bed of wee or sick...

Jojo
08-11-2005, 16:27
lol - I always get hubby to do the sick ones though - can't do them, but then i always do the bottom and wee ones as he can't deal with that!! So not a bad combination really lol

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 16:28
lol - I always get hubby to do the sick ones though - can't do them, but then i always do the bottom and wee ones as he can't deal with that!! So not a bad combination really lol

I do it all by myself... they should give you a gas mask when you give birth to use for suitation like this :rotfl:

Debs
08-11-2005, 17:29
I do it all by myself... they should give you a gas mask when you give birth to use for suitation like this :rotfl:

:rotfl:

i didnt find connors too bad!

i look after my nephew in the mornins and he has the worst nappie ever! the smell is vile and i try not to breath too much when changing him! i have to put it in a nappy sack and then a scented bin bag before putting in the bin and you can still smell then i have to open all the windows to get the smell out of my room!! and dont even get me started on his wind!!

Siobhan
08-11-2005, 17:31

i didnt find connors too bad!

i look after my nephew in the mornins and he has the worst nappie ever! the smell is vile and i try not to breath too much when changing him! i have to put it in a nappy sack and then a scented bin bag before putting in the bin and you can still smell then i have to open all the windows to get the smell out of my room!! and dont even get me started on his wind!!

I know what you mean... when i switched Ben to omneo comfort, he was rotten.. my mum told me to change him outside and i had to keep checking his nappy but it was always just wind

Debs
08-11-2005, 17:33
I know what you mean... when i switched Ben to omneo comfort, he was rotten.. my mum told me to change him outside and i had to keep checking his nappy but it was always just wind

yeah that what im like with jack, dave says that he must have pooed and i check and get hit by the stink of his wind! :rotfl:

08-11-2005, 17:59
Good luck on the night nappies now Debs xx :D

Debs
08-11-2005, 18:18
Good luck on the night nappies now Debs xx :D

cheers spicy but i think im gonna get xmas out of the way firts and then try!

he is now completely do do free!:cheer: not even asked

today he got his new big boy bed as he is now a big boy with no dodos he is soo pleased it is a mid sleeper with a ladder so he is so happy climbing up the ladder

he keeps hugging me to say thankyou!

08-11-2005, 18:19
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Bless him!! Bet you like him saying thank-you then :p

Dosen't the word Big boy hurt you like it does with Big school Debs :p Least your facing the facts so...

:cheer:!!

Debs
08-11-2005, 18:23
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Bless him!! Bet you like him saying thank-you then :p

Dosen't the word Big boy hurt you like it does with Big school Debs :p Least your facing the facts so...

:cheer:!!

LOL yeah any excuse for a hug!

well im not allowed to call him my baby boy anymore if i do he tells me off!! he will always be my baby. actually im starting to feel ok about big schiool i dont want him to leaveme but he really is wanting to go to his new big school.

08-11-2005, 18:26
:rotfl: I can see it..

Connor: Deborah your not a little girl anymore!! Pull yourself together and call me a big boy or your going to you room!!

Debs
08-11-2005, 18:28
:rotfl: I can see it..

Connor: Deborah your not a little girl anymore!! Pull yourself together and call me a big boy or your going to you room!!

can you imagine at 30 when i call him mummys lickle baby

08-11-2005, 18:29
:rotfl: Hopefully you won't go around embarrasing him!! :p Im sure you're a cool mum though :)

Debs
08-11-2005, 18:36
:rotfl: Hopefully you won't go around embarrasing him!! :p Im sure you're a cool mum though :)

of course i am!

and ill only embarrass him if i have too!! like when he brings his first girlfreind home on his wedding gday LOL

08-11-2005, 21:20
*Screams over the screen..* " Watch out Connor!! " :rotfl:

Debs
08-11-2005, 22:35
*Screams over the screen..* " Watch out Connor!! " :rotfl:

LOL bless him he has so much embarresmnet to come!!

Jojo
09-11-2005, 08:47
:cheer: Well done Connor!!!

I think we sometimes think its going to be harder than it is, and then we surprise ourselves when it doesnt take too long - but that is great and I bet he loves his new bed bless him.

Debs
09-11-2005, 09:07
:cheer: Well done Connor!!!

I think we sometimes think its going to be harder than it is, and then we surprise ourselves when it doesnt take too long - but that is great and I bet he loves his new bed bless him.

yeah he loved it last night but he a bit sacred about coming down the ladder which is great as it stops him getting up and down all night before he goes to sleep!

Jojo
09-11-2005, 09:13
yeah he loved it last night but he a bit sacred about coming down the ladder which is great as it stops him getting up and down all night before he goes to sleep!lol - high beds certainly have their uses - imagine what you could do with your Sat mornings now if you were feeling really mean lol....

Debs
09-11-2005, 09:18
lol - high beds certainly have their uses - imagine what you could do with your Sat mornings now if you were feeling really mean lol....

LOL

this morning we new he couldnt get down so we had a half hour lie in!! we could hear him kicking his legs on the side of the bed but just left him there LOL then he started calling can i get down please, which woke me up properly but as it my sleep in day i wasnt getting up and dave woudlntr move his butt. connor then started shoutong WUILL SOMEBODY PLEEEEEEASSEE GET ME DOWN!!! dave had to get him up then!!!

im sure it wont be long before he gets used to theladder

Jojo
09-11-2005, 09:56
LOL

this morning we new he couldnt get down so we had a half hour lie in!! we could hear him kicking his legs on the side of the bed but just left him there LOL then he started calling can i get down please, which woke me up properly but as it my sleep in day i wasnt getting up and dave woudlntr move his butt. connor then started shoutong WUILL SOMEBODY PLEEEEEEASSEE GET ME DOWN!!! dave had to get him up then!!!

im sure it wont be long before he gets used to theladder:rotfl: I used to do that with Ci, he'd be at his stairgate going "can you let me out" and if I was half asleep he'd have to wait, but now he can open his stairgate himself, so he opens it, runs in our room and jumps on us (although today he didn't wake till 8.30 and then asked if he could have brekkie in bed, and has been upstairs watching nick jr in bed ever since lol)!!

God I must sound like an awful parent!! I'm not!!!

RealityGap
09-11-2005, 10:15
bed wetting pad from boots??? ooh how much was that and what it called???

it isnt a disposable one like the pampers one it has a rubber under neath and a lovely cotton top so its comfy to sleep on - http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1039387&classificationid=1013468&slmRefer=000 (we put it under the sheet)

Siobhan
09-11-2005, 10:16
:rotfl: I used to do that with Ci, he'd be at his stairgate going "can you let me out" and if I was half asleep he'd have to wait, but now he can open his stairgate himself, so he opens it, runs in our room and jumps on us (although today he didn't wake till 8.30 and then asked if he could have brekkie in bed, and has been upstairs watching nick jr in bed ever since lol)!!

Not at all.. all parents need their lie in and will try everything to get it.. I usually just throw charley into the bed beside me in the hope that she will fall asleep again, even if only for 20 mins

RealityGap
09-11-2005, 10:17
wow a big boy bed - we are thinking about a midi sleeper for C too - although he *never* gets out of his bed in the morning, he sits in his bed shouting mummy time to get up, and waits till you go and pick him up........strange child!

Sigh these little ones are growing up too fast!!

Jojo
09-11-2005, 10:21
Not at all.. all parents need their lie in and will try everything to get it.. I usually just throw charley into the bed beside me in the hope that she will fall asleep again, even if only for 20 minsThanks Siobhan - I was typing away and suddenly thought - crumbs what must I sound like, but then it was the only way of teaching Ci that getting up time was not prior to 7/7.30am - and he has never woken prior to that ever since he was about 6 months old - always sleeps through from 7/7.30pm for a full 12 hrs - its just a shame i still get up 6 times a night lol.

RealityGap
09-11-2005, 10:24
Thanks Siobhan - I was typing away and suddenly thought - crumbs what must I sound like, but then it was the only way of teaching Ci that getting up time was not prior to 7/7.30am - and he has never woken prior to that ever since he was about 6 months old - always sleeps through from 7/7.30pm for a full 12 hrs - its just a shame i still get up 6 times a night lol.

oh the joys of being pregnant!! now there is one thing that I don't miss about being pregnant - the constant gettting up during the night! - not much longer now Em

Siobhan
09-11-2005, 10:25
oh the joys of being pregnant!! now there is one thing that I don't miss about being pregnant - the constant gettting up during the night! - not much longer now Em

Hate that part too.. and I still wake up sometimes even if Ben doesn't.. maybe habit...

Jojo
09-11-2005, 10:28
oh the joys of being pregnant!! now there is one thing that I don't miss about being pregnant - the constant gettting up during the night! - not much longer now Emlol - its just a shame I need a crane to get out of bed though, so it takes about 10 mins each time to get up lol - I took a pic of myself on Sunday and those that have seen it think i am having a baby elephant :rotfl: Still, home stretch and I am certain this one will arrive early......

Jojo
09-11-2005, 10:29
Hate that part too.. and I still wake up sometimes even if Ben doesn't.. maybe habit...I had that for ages though, still got up during the night and normally used the bathroom, but then realised it was associated with when I used to get up in the night when Ci was tiny - I'd get up, feed him, go to the bathroom, then back to bed so force of habit made it so I still got up to the bathroom, just didn't need to feed him anymore....

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:42
:rotfl: I used to do that with Ci, he'd be at his stairgate going "can you let me out" and if I was half asleep he'd have to wait, but now he can open his stairgate himself, so he opens it, runs in our room and jumps on us (although today he didn't wake till 8.30 and then asked if he could have brekkie in bed, and has been upstairs watching nick jr in bed ever since lol)!!

nah you dont!!!

usually conn gets into bed with me and snuggles i did kind of miss it this morning! bless him, connor wouls sit and watch nick jnr all day if he got thechance. dave has shown him what numbers to press to get in on himself so now if we live the room for a second he turns it over!!

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:42
it isnt a disposable one like the pampers one it has a rubber under neath and a lovely cotton top so its comfy to sleep on - http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1039387&classificationid=1013468&slmRefer=000 (we put it under the sheet)

cheers for that Rg

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:44
wow a big boy bed - we are thinking about a midi sleeper for C too - although he *never* gets out of his bed in the morning, he sits in his bed shouting mummy time to get up, and waits till you go and pick him up........strange child!

Sigh these little ones are growing up too fast!!

they are brilliant he has got toy boxes which look a mess all over his room now they are underneath and we gonna get some spave material to cover it also means he still has a tent underneath and lots of floor space for his ever growing wooden train track!

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:45
lol - its just a shame I need a crane to get out of bed though, so it takes about 10 mins each time to get up lol - I took a pic of myself on Sunday and those that have seen it think i am having a baby elephant :rotfl: Still, home stretch and I am certain this one will arrive early......

you are massive ems!! i wondered where it had all come from!

Jojo
09-11-2005, 10:46
nah you dont!!!

usually conn gets into bed with me and snuggles i did kind of miss it this morning! bless him, connor wouls sit and watch nick jnr all day if he got thechance. dave has shown him what numbers to press to get in on himself so now if we live the room for a second he turns it over!!Ci is worse than that - he records all of his programs on sky + and if I let him, would watch em over and over lol He knows more about Sky + than hubby does lol.

He's got sky in his bedroom now aswell, so when he wakes up the first thing he wants to do before anything else is watch Dora!!

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:51
Ci is worse than that - he records all of his programs on sky + and if I let him, would watch em over and over lol He knows more about Sky + than hubby does lol.

He's got sky in his bedroom now aswell, so when he wakes up the first thing he wants to do before anything else is watch Dora!!

its the same programmes again andagian anyway on nick jnr isnt it, me and dave know the programmes and what they say!!

has ci got into lazy town????

Siobhan
09-11-2005, 10:53
its the same programmes again andagian anyway on nick jnr isnt it, me and dave know the programmes and what they say!!

has ci got into lazy town????

I don't have Sky but my mum does and she tapes Dora and the Wiggles for Charley.. I have to watch the same stuff over and over and over.. to make matter worse she also got Charley a barbie DVD and that is all I have to see

Jojo
09-11-2005, 10:54

has ci got into lazy town????He hates it!!! Its the only one he doesn't like - all he wants to watch is Dora, The Wiggles, Blues Clues, Max and Ruby and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast!! and if they aren't on, he wants to watch one he recorded earlier lol

Yeah, they get repeated, though I don't think quite as much as cbeebies does. Ci has gone right off of cbeebies...

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:55
I don't have Sky but my mum does and she tapes Dora and the Wiggles for Charley.. I have to watch the same stuff over and over and over.. to make matter worse she also got Charley a barbie DVD and that is all I have to see

oh im glad i have a boy .

wiggles are a fave in our house i downloaded some songs for him too so he listens to them all the time.

con likes hi 5 as well which is on ch 5 in the mornings i hate them but he loves singing and dancing along!

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:56
He hates it!!! Its the only one he doesn't like - all he wants to watch is Dora, The Wiggles, Blues Clues, Max and Ruby and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast!! and if they aren't on, he wants to watch one he recorded earlier lol

Yeah, they get repeated, though I don't think quite as much as cbeebies does. Ci has gone right off of cbeebies...

lucky you connor loves it , he is now called sporticus not connor and he jumps around like him which drives me mad!

Jojo
09-11-2005, 10:59
lucky you connor loves it , he is now called sporticus not connor and he jumps around like him which drives me mad!:rotfl: Just when you want some peace where its starting to get to the end of the day aswell :lol: Dora and The Wiggles are Ci's faves though, as soon as the Wiggles comes on, hes copying their dances and singing along etc and when Dora is on, hes on the lookout for Swiper and then starts then "Swiper no swiping " "oh maaaaannn" routine lol

Debs
09-11-2005, 10:59
:rotfl: Just when you want some peace where its starting to get to the end of the day aswell :lol: Dora and The Wiggles are Ci's faves though, as soon as the Wiggles comes on, hes copying their dances and singing along etc and when Dora is on, hes on the lookout for Swiper and then starts then "Swiper no swiping " "oh maaaaannn" routine lol

oh maaaaaaannnnn yep we always here that in our house!!

Siobhan
09-11-2005, 11:55
Same here.. my niece screams and hides when she sees swiper :rotfl::rotfl:

I don't mind the Wiggles.. find myself sing some of their songs

willow
09-11-2005, 12:35
i just get bear in the big blue house and little einsiens they are naimhs fave at the mo!!

Siobhan
09-11-2005, 13:09
i just get bear in the big blue house and little einsiens they are naimhs fave at the mo!!

Charley only watches bear until he sniffs the screen and the end with luna..doesn't like the bit in between

willow
09-11-2005, 15:32
i get the joy of all of it, and all the flipping toys!!! she even has bear bongos!!!!

09-11-2005, 15:59
oh maaaaaaannnnn yep we always here that in our house!!
We get that too :rotfl: Especially with lil angel!! :angel:

brenda1971
09-11-2005, 16:03
Emma loves balamory and the tweenies.Also do you think that you should find all the sectret stash and put them in a plastic bag and bury them get connor to do it with you

Debs
09-11-2005, 16:46
Emma loves balamory and the tweenies.Also do you think that you should find all the sectret stash and put them in a plastic bag and bury them get connor to do it with you

the secret stash of dodos do you mean??

i been clearing out his room today and going through all the toyboxes i have found 5!!! but ive just chucked them in the bin he never asks for them now anyway so i thought tough ill just chuck but yeah what a great idea!

Chloe O'brien
09-11-2005, 18:01
Marley loved watching the singing kettles when she was a baby she had to take the videos with her when we went to my sisters or friends house so she could watch them there

willow
09-11-2005, 20:01
i think i may have the strangest.....................my brother (he is 18 next week!!) loved watching adverts!!! we used to tape them for him and he would sit there for ages just watching them!!!!

Debs
09-11-2005, 20:03
i think i may have the strangest.....................my brother (he is 18 next week!!) loved watching adverts!!! we used to tape them for him and he would sit there for ages just watching them!!!!

when connor was a baby he loved the adverrts he used to play and then as soon as the adverts came on he would stop and just watch tv till they had foinished!! my nephew is the same now

Siobhan
10-11-2005, 10:05

My nephew loved River Dance... it kept him quiet for hours..

10-11-2005, 13:38
Awww.. my brother loves adverts too.. :searchme:

willow
10-11-2005, 18:43
when niamh was younger i just had to put kerrang (the music channel) on and she would just sit there and watch it!!

Chloe O'brien
10-11-2005, 20:24
when marley was a baby we used to put her in one of those baby swings that clips on the top of the doors and put the music on she would bop and bounce about for hours. it was fab

Leahxxx
13-11-2005, 19:59
tell him to leave them for santa to take for the baby reindeers along with a carrot for rudolph????? the dummy fairy is a good thing though and that worked on my lil bro! just leave a lil pressie in return and u cant find them and bring them back because the dummy fairy took them not u!