PDA

View Full Version : What an episode

mw0390
19-04-2005, 20:02
That for me was one of the best eastenders episodes in years.
I absoulty loved, eastenders back at its best
great acting by Steve Mcfadden and Ian

Alisha
19-04-2005, 20:03
Agreed!

I thought the episode was superb. :bow:

Tiffany
19-04-2005, 20:06
Yes, it was very good. Poor Phil, it was quite upsetting when you saw that pic of Ben on the road :(

Steve McFadden's acting was very good!

Rach33
19-04-2005, 20:09
FAN BLOODY TASTIC Steve Mcfadden was excellent can't wait till he returns oh my god can't believe I just said that and he can get revenge on Ian the slime ball

Pauline's face was classic whe he ran through her house he he and poor Billy he tried so hard and go Pat she was ace too

POOR Phil though please someone let him out

Tiffany
19-04-2005, 20:11
Cant wait till both Peggy and Phil return :D

BlackKat
19-04-2005, 20:12
God, that was great.

I really wasn't expecting to enjoy it seeing as I've never been a big Phil fan, but...wow.

I liked the scene where he was talking about Ben, and how he didn't recognise his voice. Quite a quiet moment compared to the rest of the episode, but it didn't feel out of place.

chance
19-04-2005, 20:12
i agree,ee was back on top form tonight and i was starting to think i wouldnt be able to say that again.poor phil! stupid billy walking in with the money in his hand,hope he didnt walk across the square displaying it like that.pat was great helping phil like that,billy did his best.shame tina had to show her mug.great that phil trusted sonia not to let them in.great acting from ian,but i sooo hope he gets his come uppence.but how come when the ep ended last night tina was still in the club working but then when it started tonight she was in bed.johnny was at home also yet the club was stil open because as you could see minty and garry were queing to get in.anyway ,bloody brilliant episode,shame it will go down hill again now that phil wont be back for a while!

west_ham_rule
19-04-2005, 21:20
id like to c phil and grant bak together and show johnny how to "rule" walford

chance
19-04-2005, 21:29
who does johnny think he is telling billy to tell phil not to come back?

Rach33
19-04-2005, 21:33
I know he has not right at all who does he think he is can't wait until the summer Ian Beale better watch out the slimy git

Debs
19-04-2005, 22:14
tonight has got to be one of the best in a long time! i didnt want to see phil back but now i cant wait till he returns again.

he acted so well his eyes were so evil! i was scared! when he comes back ian had better watch himself phil is gonna get him!!

eastenders is worth watching again

Tiffany
19-04-2005, 22:20
Ian was squeaking like a mouse!

littlemo
19-04-2005, 22:59
Ian was squeaking like a mouse!

Yes Ian was rather pathetic tonight, he's got successful businesses, a great girlfriend and 3 beautiful children, but faced with Phil, he turns into a snivelling mess. It's like Ian was reduced to the man that he was when he became bankrupt, desperate! I suppose it was showing what a bully can reduce you too.

I liked the fact that Sonia stood up for Phil tonight, the way they bonded at the hospital (when Jamie was dying) showed an emotional side too Phil, and I think she's seen a side too him that not many people have seen. I didn't like the way Pauline called Sonia a 'silly girl', Pauline's is always belittling people. She had absolutely no right to do that. Maybe on this occasion Sonia was wrong to support Phil, but that was her choice to make.

Phil does still have some allies on the square, not many but a few. Billy is family and did everything he could to get Phil the money to escape, but in the end it was too late. Sonia may still feel some loyalty to Phil and the Mitchell family. Pat did what she could too stall the police, so Phil could escape. I think there's is a community atmosphere in the square, people do step in to protect their neighbours. Overall great episode!

parkerman
19-04-2005, 23:47
Phil's a thug and a bully. How come everyone is now feeling sorry for him? I think he got what he deserved.

Right, that's Phil dealt with! Steve McFadden on the other hand is a great actor and he was absolutely superb tonight. In that sense I would like to see him back to liven up Eastenders. It was certainly the best episode in a long time.

Rory18
20-04-2005, 08:35
it was the best episode in years i couldnt turn me head from the tv was brilliant acting

instinct
20-04-2005, 08:53
tonight was the best episode in a long time it was soo exciting and heart racing, phil was superb hope he is bk soon.

liked the fact that he saw minty and gary but not sam.

and i totally hate johnny allen, he was boring and always will be, he was only thinking of tina. boooooooooooooooooooooring.

hate pauline.
hate ian

Babe14
20-04-2005, 09:45
Have to admit I enjoyed this episode and even felt myself warming back to Phil again. Time will tell.

Behemoth
20-04-2005, 09:48
I loved it when Ian had his head flushed down the toilet! I wish Phil had looked at the calendar that Ian has put up in the Arches.

daisy38
20-04-2005, 09:55
Running through Paulines house was great! Good old Sonia.

I missed the bit where Phil ran into Minty! I turned round to have a bit of my dinner and turned back and Phil was running again. Ah, well.

Babe14
20-04-2005, 09:59
Lol! But the flushing of Ian's head down the loo is becoming a bit stale this is the third time he has had his head shoved down the loo. The first time was the funniest Phil, Kathy, Ian, not sure if there was someone else, were all in a restaurant, Phil collared Ian in the loo and flushed!!

I like it when we see the softer side of Phil which we did slightly tonight after he had taken Lucy into the living room while Ian answered the door to the police. I wouldn't be happy if the cops knocked me up during the night, I hate been woken up so they would prob be told where to go!! LOL

stacyefc
20-04-2005, 10:18
it was good. my boyfriend was saying "ian's gonna grass him up" and i was like "no he won't" and then he did. i thought pat was really funny it it aswell.

daisy38
20-04-2005, 10:30
Ian will regret that though when phils back on the square for good! :)

brenda1971
20-04-2005, 10:45
I thought that Eastenders was back to its best last nite.I cant believe that Ian stitched Phil up i was convinced that he was going to help phil.I think that Jonny allen is the worst gangster i any hunter was.Maybe there will be a darker side to him

Babe14
20-04-2005, 11:28
Johnny is an excellent gnagster he is an "old type" gangster who looks after the community and only mixes it with his own kind, sure if you cross him you'd better watch out! I liked Andy but he was a ruthless gangster, didn't care who he hurt to get what he wanted. Remember last night Johnny told Billy "tell that relative of yours not to come back, I don't want his kind in my neighbourhood". Billy was actually quite good last night, now he is working for Johnny he is becoming a more interesting character. Just a shame Johnny is such a lousy father. I didn't think that Ian was going to grass Phil either, I thought he was for real and really wanted to help Phil and put the past behind them once and for all. Oh Ian what have you done!!

One thing I was curious about, remember when Ian was having a facial in the loo and Jane came to the bathroom door? She asked him what he was doing, Ian said he was being sick and that he would go down and get a glass of water, Jane said O.k "I'll keep the bed warm" but never bothered to go down to see if Ian was O.K after several minutes.

parveena
20-04-2005, 11:45
absolutely wicked!! I hate Ian!!! can't believe what he has done to phil, what a ****!!!!!!

dddMac1
20-04-2005, 11:50
that was a really good Episode last can't wait to phil comes back full time cause Iain is going to regret what he said to him at the End

Rory18
20-04-2005, 11:53
what did he say at the end because i didnt hear?

SoapRach
20-04-2005, 12:51
It was a really good episode but was I the only one who could not stop laughing?!

Watching him attempt to out run the police was hysterical!

Rory18
20-04-2005, 12:56
i was laughing at ian

but at the end when he was fightin the police i thought it was going to go all matrix style when he knocked about 3 of them down lol

Babe14
20-04-2005, 13:09
True Mitchell style! LOL!

What about Pauline and the way she spoke to Sonia "you stupid girl!", did you see the look on Martin's face..oh dear

Just imagine Phil coming charging through your back door! LOL

Keating's babe
20-04-2005, 13:15
Yes Ian was rather pathetic tonight, he's got successful businesses, a great girlfriend and 3 beautiful children, but faced with Phil, he turns into a snivelling mess. It's like Ian was reduced to the man that he was when he became bankrupt, desperate! I suppose it was showing what a bully can reduce you too.

I liked the fact that Sonia stood up for Phil tonight, the way they bonded at the hospital (when Jamie was dying) showed an emotional side too Phil, and I think she's seen a side too him that not many people have seen. I didn't like the way Pauline called Sonia a 'silly girl', Pauline's is always belittling people. She had absolutely no right to do that. Maybe on this occasion Sonia was wrong to support Phil, but that was her choice to make.

Phil does still have some allies on the square, not many but a few. Billy is family and did everything he could to get Phil the money to escape, but in the end it was too late. Sonia may still feel some loyalty to Phil and the Mitchell family. Pat did what she could too stall the police, so Phil could escape. I think there's is a community atmosphere in the square, people do step in to protect their neighbours. Overall great episode!

I thought Pauline was out of order for calling Sonia a silly girl. Pity Phil didn't deck her. :lol:

Last nights episode was great viewing and well done to Steve Mcfadden. Lets hope EE keeps the momentum going. I can't wait for Phil to return and wreak revenge. I'm surprised at Ian for grassing him up, but guess he thinks Phil will be in the slammer for a long time.

Babe14
20-04-2005, 13:27
what did he say at the end because i didnt hear?

Something like "you'll get more than your head flushed down the loo in prison"

Babe14
20-04-2005, 13:29
I thought Pauline was out of order for calling Sonia a silly girl. Pity Phil didn't deck her. :lol:

Last nights episode was great viewing and well done to Steve Mcfadden. Lets hope EE keeps the momentum going. I can't wait for Phil to return and wreak revenge. I'm surprised at Ian for grassing him up, but guess he thinks Phil will be in the slammer for a long time.

Someone needs to. I thought for a minute it might be Martin. Still we all know why she has a bee in her bonnet don't we :)

Rory18
20-04-2005, 13:34
well ian will obviously think hes going down for a long time everyone would armed robbery murder escaping from jail assaulting coppers that would be a very long sentence but last night showed how much eastenders have missed phil he set the show alight just like he used to in the past not many characters can do that it wont be to long before hian gets his comeupence and phil will be back in the archers but i was dissapointed to see him drinking hope they dont go down the alcoholism storyline with him again

Huggy
20-04-2005, 14:36
Absolutely fantastic episode! Definately the best im a very long time! It had everything; highs and lows, well balanced and great acting from all! Can't wait until Phil is back on the Square to regain the Mitchell Empire - with Peggy, Sam and hopefully Grant too!!

Rory18
20-04-2005, 14:38
im sure after seeing last nights episode ross kemp will not be able to turn ee down

Rory18
20-04-2005, 14:38
he should pay them to let him come back to what looks like is going to be the best soap in britain once again

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 14:39
it was in the mirror yesterday that they are close to finalising a deal with Ross Kemp

dddMac1
20-04-2005, 14:45
hope ross kemp does come back then the Mitchell brothers can be Reunited like the old days

Rory18
20-04-2005, 14:50
a great comeback scene would be ian sat in the archers checkin the books then he turns suddenly as he hears a noise only to see phil and grant stood behind him as grant has just bailed phil outa jail then the dum dums kick in

dddMac1
20-04-2005, 14:58
i would love Phil and Grant to go after Ian that would wipe the smile of his face

Keating's babe
20-04-2005, 15:33
but i was dissapointed to see him drinking hope they dont go down the alcoholism storyline with him again

I forgot for a moment he isn't supposed to be drinking. I suppose when you're facing jail and on the run, you're not bothered about falling of the wagon.

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 15:34
the drink makes him crazy, he had mental scary eyes last night!!

Rory18
20-04-2005, 15:37
maybe ee 4got he is an ex alcoholic

Keating's babe
20-04-2005, 15:44

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised. :D

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 15:46
they know, billy made a remark about him drinking again x

Rory18
20-04-2005, 15:49
billy might of just been concernd that if phil were to down vodka as quickly as he was he may of thrown up over pats lovley decor LOL

Keating's babe
20-04-2005, 15:51
billy might of just been concernd that if phil were to down vodka as quickly as he was he may of thrown up over pats lovley decor LOL

Yeah her decor is very tasteful. :p

Rory18
20-04-2005, 15:57
imagine when peggy comes back and sees pat living in what she thought was her house will be great

parkerman
20-04-2005, 16:15

No they didn't. Billy said to Phil that he thought he'd given up drink because he was an alcholic and Phil said he was back on the booze...or words to that effect.

Sorry, just realised Rach has already pointed this out...

dddMac1
20-04-2005, 16:18
imagine when peggy comes back and sees pat living in what she thought was her house will be great

that is going to be fun cause we all know that Pat and peggy don't get on

DennisRbabe
20-04-2005, 16:48
It was funny when Ian was squealing please Phil, :eek: don't! How many houses did he actually go in, he went in:
Ian's
Pat's
Pauline's
Ian better watch out in hte autumn, because thats when Phil returns. :rotfl:

Toxic
20-04-2005, 18:37
Ugh i thought Phil was too violent. Poor Ian.

littlemo
20-04-2005, 19:20
True Mitchell style! LOL!

What about Pauline and the way she spoke to Sonia "you stupid girl!", did you see the look on Martin's face..oh dear

Just imagine Phil coming charging through your back door! LOL

Can you tell me what Martin's face looked like? I turned away after Pauline said 'you silly little girl' I was cringing, Pauline was so out of order. I felt sorry for Sonia. Did Martin have a face like he wanted to say something to his mum, or like he felt disapointment towards Sonia? Sonia is such a brave women, an escaped convict charges into her house, and she still manages to remain calm, and even offer help to him. I know the history with Jamie and everything but I still think she's very good, considering I'm not sure he would do the same for her. However maybe he would, if he has taken his promise too Jamie to heart, which I'm thinking he may have done.

I am looking forward to moments between Phil and Sonia in the future, they as well as her an Martin have a shared history.

SarahWakefield
20-04-2005, 20:09
was it actually ian who told the police where phil would be then. because he said to phil go to the archers and i will get the money and as phil left the archers you saw the police heading over that way. and as phil was getting into the car ian said something like i can do better than sticking your head down the toilet! was all good though!

gemma757
20-04-2005, 20:38
adam and steve were aqbsolutely fantastic. Thank God for Phil for livening up the square! Now we just have to wait till may for another brilliant episode. Can't wait to see Kat!

chance
20-04-2005, 21:17
does anyone know what the ratings were like?

Torrie
20-04-2005, 22:03
Second lowest ever for that day apparently - just flicked through the newspaper in work so I can't remember the exact figure, but I think it was just over 10 million. Or maybe that was Mondays now I come to think on it ... :confused:

melmarshall858
21-04-2005, 08:16
steve definately still has what it takes. roll on summer to see all the mitchells back together. that was a fantastic episode - now you really have got to hate Ian imagine what ity must have took phil to trust ian after everything but even i thought he was genuine when he said ben was his brother and he didnt want to hurt him so he would help phil and put an end to their feud. he was right kids will ale=ways get to phil - he is such a softy in his own way.
how on earth will he get out of jail now and when he does how will he avoid killing ian for what he has done and going back is that how they will bring grant back to help him exact revenge and get all the mitchell properties back. phil might be broke but you can bet grant aint.
it would be good to see lots of action they have alot of grudges to settle - dennis ian etc and johnny telling him to not come back was a storyline in itself.
imagine if sam leaves by being killed in the crossfire that would be so good otherwise she would never leave now all her family is back

Siobhan
21-04-2005, 10:29
Fantastic eppi.. best for a long time.. Ian reduced to a snivelling wreck.. excellent and then playing the big man when the police had phil... Fair play to Pat and Sonia trying to stall for time

Well done EE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Meh
21-04-2005, 10:34
If Ian had helped Phil would have owned him, which would have been best for Ian. But now I wouldn't like to be in Ians shoes when Phil gets back.

The punches Phil threw against the coppers were tops! (Disclaimer: to any youngsters reading this, always respect the law).

Debs
21-04-2005, 10:47
it definately would have stopped phil from getting him all the time!! phil is going to make his life hell!!

phils little sister
21-04-2005, 12:37
Brilliant eposide on Tuesday! I love seeing phil pciking on Ian he just deserves it cant wait for phil to get out and get his revenge. :cheer: :cheer:

*Roxy*
21-04-2005, 17:54
it was alright i didn't jump up and down about it

Angeldelight
21-04-2005, 19:21
i never wanted Phil to come back, but that eppy was aboslute brillinace i mean WOW.
i was on the edge of my seat, screaming at the tv 'run Phil run' 'NO the other way'

the best eppy i've seen in ages, well done EE your back on form don;t spoil it

Angeldelight
21-04-2005, 19:24
rachel are you out there?

Rach33
21-04-2005, 19:48
I'm here where are you

West Ham Tom
21-04-2005, 19:51
i dont care what anyone says Phil is the best character in Eastenders full stop and that was the best episode ive seen...

*JSW*
21-04-2005, 19:51
it certainly was a good epiosde.

Amazing how many coppers Phil took out. A real good fighter :D

*JSW*
21-04-2005, 19:53
i dont care what anyone says Phil is the best character in Eastenders full stop and that was the best episode ive seen...
How long have you been watching?

It may have been a good one but not the best! There is much much better EE gold from the past! :D

Rach33
21-04-2005, 20:26
I wouldn't say it was the best ever like JSW said there are loads of golden moments from the past One of mine was Kat and Zoe but there have been many others but a good episode all the same

West Ham Tom
22-04-2005, 07:41
Ive been watching for 3 years...

Siobhan
22-04-2005, 09:33
Ive been watching for 3 years...

explains all.. I have been watching for 20 years

West Ham Tom
22-04-2005, 10:54
Yeah i havent been alive for that long... im only 17!

Siobhan
22-04-2005, 11:29
Yeah i havent been alive for that long... im only 17!

I won't answer anymore.. but you missed alot of EE...

wholemealbread
22-04-2005, 15:23
I have to write in reply to all the above, that it was the WORST episode of EE I have ever seen, talk about OVER acting on Steve McFadden's part, all that screaming, threatening and bullying got him where he belonged in Jail for GOOD I hope, as for Ian, well that episode did him NO favours. I thought EE was supposed to be getting away from the violent scenes... lets have have a few torrid love affairs PLEASE....

Siobhan
22-04-2005, 15:57
I have to write in reply to all the above, that it was the WORST episode of EE I have ever seen, talk about OVER acting on Steve McFadden's part, all that screaming, threatening and bullying got him where he belonged in Jail for GOOD I hope, as for Ian, well that episode did him NO favours. I thought EE was supposed to be getting away from the violent scenes... lets have have a few torrid love affairs PLEASE....

Oh please, it would be called "Bed swap".. I know EE did a version of changing room with Irene and Pat.. maybe they should do a "wife Swap" thing.. oh wait is that what Alfie is doing :rotfl:

Ryan1
29-04-2005, 12:52
yeah best episode in ages. the acting was great. It was really good to see the community spirit, with Billy, Pat and Sonia all trying to help Phil. Pat's a legend!

i_luv_dennis
30-04-2005, 12:41
it was a gr8t episode