PDA

View Full Version : Corrie fuming after losing

Luna
27-10-2005, 11:39
FUMING Coronation Street stars missed the National TV Awards party after losing out to EastEnders.

The Street’s BBC1 rival sensationally picked up the Best Soap gong — despite being constantly thrashed by Corrie in the ratings war.

Stars including Jane Danson, who plays Leanne Battersby, Shobna Gulati (Sunita) and Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow) spent just minutes at the after-show bash.

They then set off for their own party with Emmerdale pals at London’s Funky Buddha nightspot before drinking at a Piccadilly hotel.

Debs
27-10-2005, 11:40
FUMING Coronation Street stars missed the National TV Awards party after losing out to EastEnders.

The Street’s BBC1 rival sensationally picked up the Best Soap gong — despite being constantly thrashed by Corrie in the ratings war.

Stars including Jane Danson, who plays Leanne Battersby, Shobna Gulati (Sunita) and Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow) spent just minutes at the after-show bash.

They then set off for their own party with Emmerdale pals at London’s Funky Buddha nightspot before drinking at a Piccadilly hotel.

omg what bad losers!!

Abi
27-10-2005, 12:00
:eek: Come on, EE might not have completly deserved it, but that doesn't mean they didn't work for it. Jealousy gets you no where

Jojo
27-10-2005, 12:03
How sad is that!!! You'd think they would behave a little more maturely wouldn't you!!

brenda1971
27-10-2005, 12:10
I totally agree about them being jealous.I think that Eastenders deserve it

Bad Wolf
27-10-2005, 12:10
what children!!!

Luna
27-10-2005, 12:11
lol and i was watching the after show party last night with babs saying how she had actually sat with corrie chatting until the it went out live

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 12:48
I personally don't believe it. I'm not trying to imply you are liars, but just feel the press blow things out of all proportion.

At the end of the day, it was the publics vote and EE has more of a fan base than Corrie. However, if you were to vote for the best soap in the past year then it would have to be Corrie. It is only recently that EE has started to lift its game.

angelblue
27-10-2005, 13:01
oh what new their always fuming when eastenders is concerned

xCharliex
27-10-2005, 13:08
I dont believe it either! The only person from Corrie i saw leave straight after was Helen Worth (Gail) its just the papers trying to stirr things up

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 13:08
Maybe because they have been the better soap.........

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
27-10-2005, 14:03
I don't believe this article to be true but to be fair, I don't believe EE should've won. A month or so of turning the corner does not make up for 10 months of dross.

AND whilst we're on the subject, why does Barbara Windsor always do acceptance speaches, when everyone else on that stage had sailed with the soap through it's toughtest time? I swear she thinks she's the biggest thing in it.

Bryan
27-10-2005, 14:05
i dont believe it, but if it is true then they are sore losers and need to get a life! would you have seen babs and co storm off in a paddy if Corrie had won the award? no! babs would be there partying like no-ones buisness, congratulating them all and celebrating with them!

Siobhan
27-10-2005, 14:05
If it had been the other way around do you think EE would have reacted the same way??? I know that people here would have gone mad.. me included but you have to admit Corrie did kick EE's ass in the rating this year

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 14:08
I don't believe this article to be true but to be fair, I don't believe EE should've won. A month or so of turning the corner does not make up for 10 months of dross.

Totally agree.

dddMac1
27-10-2005, 14:57
corrie can't expect to win Best soap all the time

Katy
27-10-2005, 15:00
I dont think its as bad as the press make out but they probably did get abit annoyed as the probably expected to win. I do think though that EE only got after this past month or so not the whole year. It was good to see Hollyoaks nominated.

xXxJessxXx
27-10-2005, 15:40
However, if you were to vote for the best soap in the past year then it would have to be Corrie.

The award was for the best soap over the past year. and Eastenders won it. viewers voted so you cant say if it was over the past year corrie would have won it. that is your opinion. beacuse it was over the past year and corrie didnt win it! Eastenders did! Fact (not my opinion)

Myabe yeah i think the papers go way over the top. obviously corrie stars are going to be disapointed but i doubt they would have been like that. but then ya never know. it wouldnt supirse me.

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 15:40
Poor Hollyoaks has never really got much of a mention except when Luke Morgan was in it and won an award for his portrayal of male rape. Hmm Gary Lucy in a white suit. :wub:

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 15:43
The award was for the best soap over the past year. and Eastenders won it. viewers voted so you cant say if it was over the past year corrie would have won it. that is your opinion. beacuse it was over the past year and corrie didnt win it! Eastenders did! Fact (not my opinion)

Myabe yeah i think the papers go way over the top. obviously corrie stars are going to be disapointed but i doubt they would have been like that. but then ya never know. it wouldnt supirse me.

It is of course just my opinion when I say that overall the best soap this year has been Corrie rather than EE. The viewers voted for EE and they won. I wasn't trying to take that away from them. But even the most loyal of EE fans (me included) have to admit that this has not been their finest year. Whereas, Corrie and Emmerdale have been the stronger soap.

I take most things I read with a pinch of salt - although it's great to have a good b*tching session. :rotfl:

The reason I doubt it happened that way is because although the soaps are rivals - the casts are infact good friends.

xXxJessxXx
27-10-2005, 15:43
Poor Hollyoaks has never really got much of a mention except when Luke Morgan was in it and won an award for his portrayal of male rape. Hmm Gary Lucy in a white suit. :wub:

i agree. i'd said it before on here somewhere but from the clips they showed for the best soap Hollyoaks deserved it the most. i mean those scene of the stabbing ect were brilliant, and explosive far more than someone's funeral. (have to say EE has been better overall though) and the scenes of bullying and racism are far more emotional and harder to handle than anything else beacuse people experience and go through it every day. they handled it really well and should be praised more for it.

Keating's babe
27-10-2005, 15:45
i agree. i'd said it before on here somewhere but from the clips they showed for the best soap Hollyoaks deserved it the most. i mean those scene of the stabbing ect were brilliant, and explosive far more than someone's funeral. (have to say EE has been better overall though) and the scenes of bullying and racism are far more emotional and harder to handle than anything else beacuse people experience and go through it every day. they handled it really well and should be praised more for it.

Hollyoaks seems to get sidelined as it's on C4. The same way Family Affairs never got proper recognition.

inkyskin
27-10-2005, 16:06
I personally don't believe it. I'm not trying to imply you are liars, but just feel the press blow things out of all proportion.

At the end of the day, it was the publics vote and EE has more of a fan base than Corrie. However, if you were to vote for the best soap in the past year then it would have to be Corrie. It is only recently that EE has started to lift its game.

Believe me,if i had to vote,Corrie would get the worst soap award.

xCharliex
27-10-2005, 16:14
I can vouch for the Corrie cast that every single member seemed absolutely fine and happy when they went into the after show party as i was there, they never had faces like thunder at all, its just the media!