PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Radcliffe's quit hint

Debs
26-10-2005, 16:38
'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe has revealed he may quit playing the boy wizard.

The 16-year-old actor admitted he is considering other projects after playing bespectacled Harry for more than five years. The teenager has already starred in four film adaptations of JK Rowling's books - but hints he may not appear in the next two.

He revealed yesterday (25-05-05): "I'm not absolutely confident that I'm doing them all. I'm definitely doing the fifth. But after that, who knows?" .

Earlier this month the star confessed he is terrified about appearing naked in a bathing scene in the upcoming 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'.

He revealed on his website, danradcliffe.com: "I haven't actually seen the bit because basically I sort of come in with this dressing gown on and in theory I'm naked underneath .

"I actually had a pair of flesh-coloured underwear on which was just like really something you'd never want to wear!" .

He added: "It's a really good scene, but I'm sort of a bit nervous about seeing that in the cinema"

squillyfer
26-10-2005, 17:44
It just wouldnt be the same for someone else to do the last two films, its too far gone. It was ok when they had to dumbledore cos they were only two films in and people hadnt really bonded with the characters but tis too late now to start changing main characters

Luna
27-10-2005, 09:36
if anyone one of the main characters quits before all 7 movies are finished then the movies shouldn't be made. To replace them would just make it cheap and horrible

.:SpIcYsPy:.
28-10-2005, 11:23
He should have stopped with the third then..

I will sure miss him if he goes!!

Trinity
28-10-2005, 11:24
It worked ok with the Dumbledore replacement, though.

To be honest, I would have thought that they should have have a contract for the who series before they started. How can we have a new Harry now??

Luna
28-10-2005, 11:25
even if he stopped at the third it wouldn't have been the same

Luna
28-10-2005, 11:27
It worked ok with the Dumbledore replacement, though.

To be honest, I would have thought that they should have have a contract for the who series before they started. How can we have a new Harry now??

It did work with dumbledore but think about it - how many times do you actually see dumbledore in the movies??? Also they had no choice to replace him. Harry Hermione and ron are the three main characters and were all forewarned that there would be 7 movies to go with the 7 books. They should all stick to that. I find it shocking that the only person who said he will continue to do all the films has been tom felton (darco malfoy)

Trinity
28-10-2005, 11:29
It did work with dumbledore but think about it - how many times do you actually see dumbledore in the movies??? Also they had no choice to replace him. Harry Hermione and ron are the three main characters and were all forewarned that there would be 7 movies to go with the 7 books. They should all stick to that. I find it shocking that the only person who said he will continue to do all the films has been tom felton (darco malfoy)

they are ungrateful wee toerags!

Luna
28-10-2005, 11:33
they are ungrateful wee toerags!

ummm no i wouldn't go that far lol

Chloe O'brien
28-10-2005, 11:53
if they agreed to do the harry potter films then they should honour their contracts not back out half-way cause they have got bored.

Luna
28-10-2005, 11:55
Well thats the thing they havent signed a contract for all seven movies WB should have got them to do that as soon as they cast them for the movies

Tamzi
28-10-2005, 11:59
It would be weird having someone else as Harry. After 5 movies, we all know Dan as Harry. It would be weird though having adults laying people still at school. It depends on how young Dan looks
xxx

Luna
28-10-2005, 12:00
i dont think will matter how old they look as long as it is them - (they'll just have to make sure they have all shaved)

$sTaCeY$
28-10-2005, 12:43
Harry Potter films wouldnt be right if Daniel quit! they cant change the main charachters now

Jojo
28-10-2005, 13:01
I think they should keep them all in - look at Ralph Macchio (sp?) and the karate kid - he was 26 and up when he was in that role, and they made him look younger, and with the wonders of make up etc...

They can't change them now, it wouldn't work especially with them being the 3 main characters..

Abi
28-10-2005, 13:09
It would be stupid if he left the role. As Em said, make up, shaving and a hair cut will make them look younger. He should have thought about growing up when he took the role on.