PDA

View Full Version : Lesbian Kiss For Show's Favourite!

Bryan
24-10-2005, 09:19
on LK Today soap queen Tina Baker has confirmed that there will be a lesbian kiss in Eastenders between Sonia Fowler and Naomi Julien, but she also said nothing will happen as a result of the kiss - pointless! and also :sick:

Luna
24-10-2005, 09:29
:sick: been there dont that zoe and kelly all over again!!!!

BRING BACK SARAH!!!!

lollymay
24-10-2005, 09:38
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
thats one way to put you off your food for a week.

Bryan
24-10-2005, 09:41
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
thats one way to put you off your food for a week.

if theyre gonna have lesbian kisses at least have it with good looking gals like sharon and dawn, or ruby and stacey! but sonia? :sick:

xsoftladybugx
24-10-2005, 09:58
OH GOD!! SONIA AND NAOMI SOMEONE GET THE BUCKET!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

sarah21
24-10-2005, 09:58
if theyre gonna have lesbian kisses at least have it with good looking gals like sharon and dawn, or ruby and stacey! but sonia? :sick:

Excuse me, but I thought this board was above making comments about people's physical appearance. :angry:

This storyline isn't about titilation for youngsters who want to see two 'pretty' girls kissing, it's about character development. Sonia at 20 is still growing up and she is realising there is more to life than sitting in front of the tv or drinking in the Vic. She married quickly, and whilst she does love Martin, she certainly wasn't over Jamie. Martin isn't supporting Sonia in her new interests and she is feeling confused and a little unhappy with the way her life is turning out.

xsoftladybugx
24-10-2005, 09:59
Excuse me, but I thought this board was above making comments about people's physical appearance. :angry:

This storyline isn't about titilation for youngsters who want to see two 'pretty' girls kissing, it's about character development. Sonia at 20 is still growing up and she is realising there is more to life than sitting in front of the tv or drinking in the Vic. She married quickly, and whilst she does love Martin, she certainly wasn't over Jamie. Martin isn't supporting Sonia in her new interests and she is feeling confused and a little unhappy with the way her life is turning out.

Its BondBoffins opinion.

JustJodi
24-10-2005, 10:03
on LK Today soap queen Tina Baker has confirmed that there will be a lesbian kiss in Eastenders between Sonia Fowler and Naomi Julien, but she also said nothing will happen as a result of the kiss - pointless! and also :sick:

Just what the soaps need is another leezbo kiss, sonia and naomi oi vey !

Jada-GDR
24-10-2005, 10:17
what will martin say?
he's obviously gonna find out i mean come on this is eastenders they dont let things like that go unnoticed
is this definatly gonna hapen? i hope not cause i like martin and sonia as a couple and i know they've been through a lot but this is just taking it too far.

Bryan
24-10-2005, 10:22
what will martin say?
he's obviously gonna find out i mean come on this is eastenders they dont let things like that go unnoticed
is this definatly gonna hapen? i hope not cause i like martin and sonia as a couple and i know they've been through a lot but this is just taking it too far.

the father of mark jnr? thats never been revealed!

JustJodi
24-10-2005, 10:24
what will martin say?

I guess Sonia who has always lead a sheltered life is going for the leezbo experince just out of curiosity ??? I think if martin finds out he is of course going to blame it on Naomi and her "friends" cos remember he has always been pushed into a corner while she goes off with her "mates" at college etc...So IF this story line indeed happens,, then it will be in true EE style..

JustJodi
24-10-2005, 10:25

Mark Jr ????? who has Mark Jr ??? I am :confused:

Luna
24-10-2005, 10:27
Michelle has mark jr - grants baby

Bryan
24-10-2005, 10:29
Mark Jr ????? who has Mark Jr ??? I am :confused:

michelle's baby son from grant...only mark and someone else knows, but none of the mitchells know! a bombshell never revealedd

Luna
24-10-2005, 10:29
did mark know????

Bryan
24-10-2005, 10:31
did mark know????

i know that someone did, not sure if it was mark or not?

Debs
24-10-2005, 10:32
oh god not another lesbian kiss!!!! cant they think of anything original!!!

why do close girl friebndships have to turn into lesbo kisses???? cant say i have ever snogged any of my female friends

i_luv_dennis
24-10-2005, 10:54
omg

xCharliex
24-10-2005, 10:59
:rotfl: cracked up when i read this! Totally pointless storyline, just a repeat from Kelly and Zoe, its hardly gonna boost ratings after the hype to the last "lesbian kiss"
If there gonna do a lesbian storyline why the hell dont they just bring in a couple instead of have two of the characters develop into a relationship? Pointless!

BB I agree personally they should have chosen better looking characters, just for the fact more people will tune in

Florijo
24-10-2005, 11:02
I agree that this would be too much like Kelly and Zoe. I don't like it. How reliable is Tina Baker?

I would much prefer them to bring in two new characters who are in a relationship. Much better than this.

I don't care how good looking the characters involved are, if it is a crap storyline, then it is a crap storyline. Looks don't come into it, IMO.

LostVoodoo
24-10-2005, 11:03
you're right, to do this AGAIN and not have anything come of the kiss really does smack of sensationalism. and if i was a lesbian i would be insulted, coz it makes it appear as if its some daft thing that girls do but dont really mean.
although i would do it just to annoy Pauline...

Bryan
24-10-2005, 11:13
I agree that this would be too much like Kelly and Zoe. I don't like it. How reliable is Tina Baker?

very reliable, shes never said wrong

Jojo
24-10-2005, 11:14
Like someone has already said, if they are going to do this, they need to have more exploration - have a proper lesbian couple or someone wanting to properly find out their true sexuality - not just a quick peck and leave it at that!

Bryan
24-10-2005, 11:20
Like someone has already said, if they are going to do this, they need to have more exploration - have a proper lesbian couple or someone wanting to properly find out their true sexuality - not just a quick peck and leave it at that!

eastenders needs to explore homosexuality more, we havent seen anything since tony and simon

Florijo
24-10-2005, 11:20

Well, there is a first time for everything, I hope. :mad: :thumbsdow

This is something that Louise Berridge would come up with. As LostVoodoo said, it stinks of sensationalism, and shows no concern for proper character development. :angry:

Edit. I agree about the need for them to tackle this subject again. We had Derek, but that was rubbish. We need a normal gay couple in the square. No stereotypes, just normal people who love each other.

_lil_hunni
24-10-2005, 11:22
I really hope this isn't true, how pathetic. 2 characters I dislike most at the moment, I feel its a really unessacary storyline. I guess it depends how the handle it but I think its pointless if it's just 2 girls kissing, and it seems pretty contrived if they make them in to lesbians so either way I dont like this. I think it would be better to do the storyline with Ruby and stacey, with ruby having feelings or stacey or something Id find it more believable anyway.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
24-10-2005, 11:34
Oh perleaseeeeeeeeee!! That's just wrong!!

*Whizzies past* I need a bucket!! :sick:

pops110874
24-10-2005, 12:04
i suppose they are trying to make the characters more interesting.

Naomis introduction has not gone down well and sonia is becoming dull - unfortunatley i think this storyline may be counterproductive - especially if its just a one off.

I think people like sonia and martin as a couple and to have sonia share a kiss with her boring friend will only make viewers dislike naomi even more than they do now.

*yawn

shannisrules
24-10-2005, 13:43
nooooooooooo not another lesbian kiss if they are going tyo do this they better make it better than the zoe and kelly kiss

24-10-2005, 14:18
Well hopefully she is this time :rotfl:

Florijo
24-10-2005, 14:27
i suppose they are trying to make the characters more interesting.

Naomis introduction has not gone down well and sonia is becoming dull - unfortunatley i think this storyline may be counterproductive - especially if its just a one off.

I think people like sonia and martin as a couple and to have sonia share a kiss with her boring friend will only make viewers dislike naomi even more than they do now.

*yawn

I don't actually like Sonia and Martin as a couple as they are so boring together. They only put them together because of the Chloe/Rebecca connection, and because they had to have some way of continuing the Fowler family, as with Mark dead, there was only Pauline and Martin left.

Completly agree about Naomi though. She is rubbish right now. She is so boring and annoying. I'm fed up of her with her clipboard, her surveys, talking about hospitals, art, books etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. She might be better with a family and if she stopped stalking Sonia.

JustJodi
24-10-2005, 14:39
I personally think EE is recycling story lines,, why repeat the lezbo kiss ??? Why Sonia and Naomi....??? then some of u will say WHY NOT ???

24-10-2005, 14:39
They need new storylines!!! :angry: I know what you mean about recycling the storylines!!

Jojo
24-10-2005, 15:04
The only reason i can think for this, is that possibly the marriage in trouble rumour/storyline could be Martin and Sonia's and the reason behind it could be this "kiss" aswell as Martin going to Rebecca's birthday party etc :searchme: Probably wrong though lol

kirstienod
24-10-2005, 15:48
not again! grrr

emma_strange
24-10-2005, 15:53

yes it has....grant

Bryan
24-10-2005, 15:55
yes it has....grant

as in to the father!

Florijo
24-10-2005, 15:56
Maybe it is just one-sided. Maybe Naomi is a lesbian (I don't believe she has shown any real interest in any Walford man yet) and kisses Sonia. Maybe they are both drunk or something and Naomi misinterprets Sonia and the situation.

Debs
24-10-2005, 16:23
Maybe it is just one-sided. Maybe Naomi is a lesbian (I don't believe she has shown any real interest in any Walford man yet) and kisses Sonia. Maybe they are both drunk or something and Naomi misinterprets Sonia and the situation.

exactly what i was going to post! that would be completely different to the zoe kiss!

squillyfer
24-10-2005, 16:26
I just cant believe that they are going to waste this storyline again

Mr Humphries
24-10-2005, 16:45
I cant believe that the storyline of this is going to be wasted again too, and I am gay, why oh why do eastenders have this who aint gay stance ! Its shocking if they can have Sean the new landlady at the rovers why cant eastenders have a gay character

crjs1
24-10-2005, 16:46
eastenders needs to explore homosexuality more, we havent seen anything since tony and simon

I know, i miss Tony and Simon :( . And Oh my God Derek, what was he all about??

We need a proper gay character or couple where these srtorylines can be addressed, not a silly lesbian kiss, and a ancient asexual old man (derek).

crjs1
24-10-2005, 16:49
I cant believe that the storyline of this is going to be wasted again too, and I am gay, why oh why do eastenders have this who aint gay stance ! Its shocking if they can have Sean the new landlady at the rovers why cant eastenders have a gay character

Exactly, im gay too and Eastenders stance on the issue is frankly insulting. (ok maybe i am being a bit melodramatic, but still, remember the darkened out kiss between Tony and Simon, we were'nt even allowed to see it!!)

Debs
24-10-2005, 16:56
Exactly, im gay too and Eastenders stance on the issue is frankly insulting. (ok maybe i am being a bit melodramatic, but still, remember the darkened out kiss between Tony and Simon, we were'nt even allowed to see it!!)

they have gay people or couples in other soaps! and the kiss they blackend oit out?? :eek: why????

was watching family affairs few weeks back and they had a full on snog between a gay couple! why cant ee?? i mean i think there waqs tongues and all :eek: but it was shown

Angeldelight
24-10-2005, 17:04
why are they doing the kiss if there not going to anymore about it? we've had this storyline before... remeber the disater of 'Zoe & Kelly'

Florijo
24-10-2005, 17:26
I think that we should just wait and see what happens. Everyone is jumping to conclusions a bit. Zoe and Kelly was done during the worst era of EastEnders (2003/2004), a time when everything was hyped up, sensationalised and then forgotten after a few weeks. Neither Zoe or Kelly were lesbians, but whilst we know that Sonia is not either, we do not know whether Naomi is. The point of this storyline may not be Sonia and Naomi having a lesbian fling, but Naomi revealing she is a lesbian.

I don't recall the kiss between Tony and Simon being darkened out, wasn't it just night time when they kissed. I don't think there was any censoring involved.

pops110874
24-10-2005, 17:29
I don't actually like Sonia and Martin as a couple as they are so boring together. They only put them together because of the Chloe/Rebecca connection, and because they had to have some way of continuing the Fowler family, as with Mark dead, there was only Pauline and Martin left.

Completly agree about Naomi though. She is rubbish right now. She is so boring and annoying. I'm fed up of her with her clipboard, her surveys, talking about hospitals, art, books etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. She might be better with a family and if she stopped stalking Sonia.

I agree with you - i never liked them as a couple but i think the majority of viewers do like them as a couple.

Personally i think it was a marraige of convienience - ie producers couldnt pair them with anyone else - and i think at the time they got together both characters needed partners as they were getting to the stage where they had nowhere to go.

and yeh naomi is completely pointless :thumbsdow

Jojo
24-10-2005, 17:46
I think that we should just wait and see what happens. Everyone is jumping to conclusions a bit. Zoe and Kelly was done during the worst era of EastEnders (2003/2004), a time when everything was hyped up, sensationalised and then forgotten after a few weeks. Neither Zoe or Kelly were lesbians, but whilst we know that Sonia is not either, we do not know whether Naomi is. The point of this storyline may not be Sonia and Naomi having a lesbian fling, but Naomi revealing she is a lesbian.

I don't recall the kiss between Tony and Simon being darkened out, wasn't it just night time when they kissed. I don't think there was any censoring involved.Yep - Blackpool in the evening. Channel 4 tends to get away with a lot more risky stuff and always have done, whereas the bbc have always tended to be a bit more cautious.

Jade
24-10-2005, 20:04

I dont think i'd show any interest in the available walfor men either

Florijo
24-10-2005, 22:37
I dont think i'd show any interest in the available walfor men either

LOL, me neither. Not even Dennis or Jake. although Minty is sweet and I do like Dennis' wit.

JustJodi
24-10-2005, 23:39
The only reason i can think for this, is that possibly the marriage in trouble rumour/storyline could be Martin and Sonia's and the reason behind it could be this "kiss" aswell as Martin going to Rebecca's birthday party etc :searchme: Probably wrong though lol
Em I think their marriage has been in trouble since word go.. as long as they remain with Pauline they will never BE A MARRIED COUPLE,, Pauline will always be in their way,,You saw how ticked off Sonia was when she found out her monster in law went to the b'day party as well,,
But kissing another woman is not going to rub her marital problems out .. it may even make it WORSE......

littlemo
24-10-2005, 23:51
Em I think their marriage has been in trouble since word go.. as long as they remain with Pauline they will never BE A MARRIED COUPLE,, Pauline will always be in their way,,You saw how ticked off Sonia was when she found out her monster in law went to the b'day party as well,,
But kissing another woman is not going to rub her marital problems out .. it may even make it WORSE......

Yes I do think sometimes Martin can listen to Pauline too much. And they shouldn't have let Pauline manipulate them into staying in the house. Her giving them the house was forcing them to make a commitment to her. It was a very unfair burden to put on a young married couple, who want their own freedom and independence.

I'm not sure what to make of the kiss between Naomi and Sonia. Apparently Tina has said it doesn't amount to anything, so I assume it will be forgotten about pretty quickly. If it's true that Naomi is a lesbian, she may just be attracted to Sonia and Sonia knocks her back. That could be a possibility. I don't know what Martin would think about it. If it turned into an affair, which I don't see happening, obviously he would be angry and upset just as he would be if it was a man. If it was just a case of it being one sided, I don't think he'd think much of it. He was in a similar situation in 'Brighton' (I think it was Brighton), when a man came onto him. Martin knows that Sonia isn't a lesbian, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Kim
25-10-2005, 01:03
Not this again, What is it with EastEnders and Lesbian kisses. First Zoe and Kelly and now Sonia and Naomi. :sick:

And a load more trouble for Matin and Sonia.

alkalinetrio
25-10-2005, 03:11
if naomi is a lezbian it will be different then kelly and zoe i think cause that was just heat of the moment thing!

BlackKat
25-10-2005, 16:34
If they actually plan to do a storyline with this, then great. (Even if I would like it to be with someone other than Naomi)

If it's another "Look, two hot girls kissing. Woo!" then bleurgh. :sick:

Oh, and if Naomi turns out to be a lesbian stalker I will scream. And then kill someone. :angry:

i_luv_dennis
25-10-2005, 16:40
i think this is the couple that split up sonia and martain

Kim
25-10-2005, 23:54
I think Shannis will be the couple that split forever, and then the Rebbecca storyline will bring Martin and Sonia closer.

JustJodi
26-10-2005, 00:53
I think Shannis will be the couple that split forever, and then the Rebbecca storyline will bring Martin and Sonia closer.

Or it could be Kat and Alfie could split up for good as well,, I doubt Martin and Sonia are STRONG enuff to keep together,, Sonia keeps harping on how she is trying to achieve something in her life and MARTIN is a stick in the mud ( so to speak ) martin is too much of a wuss and a mammas boy,, so they may be the ones who also split up,, Rebecca isn't going to BRING them together,, ain't gonna happen ( as long as the other gramma is alive ):searchme:

Kim
26-10-2005, 09:42
Or it could be Kat and Alfie could split up for good as well,, I doubt Martin and Sonia are STRONG enuff to keep together,, Sonia keeps harping on how she is trying to achieve something in her life and MARTIN is a stick in the mud ( so to speak ) martin is too much of a wuss and a mammas boy,, so they may be the ones who also split up,, Rebecca isn't going to BRING them together,, ain't gonna happen ( as long as the other gramma is alive ):searchme:

I read that Granny Margaret dies of a heart attack and then Martin and Sonia get Rebecca back, so if it's true I think it will bring Martin and Sonia closer.

Martin and Sonia could well split but either Kat and Alfie or Dennis and Sharon will be spitting for good for the christmas and with Sharon due to return in 2006 without Dennis and the rumor that Sharon turns out to actually be Den's biological daughter, I think it will be Sharon and Dennis that split over christmas.

BlackKat
26-10-2005, 10:00
If Sonia and Martin do get Rebecca back, I wonder if Sonia will treat motherhood as the same inconvenience she seems to think her marriage is. "No sorry, can't look after Becky, me and Naomi are going to have a lesbian night of passion at the Tate."

Kim
26-10-2005, 10:30
No I think she'd stop going out with Naomi and settle down.

Andy'sLuckyPony
26-10-2005, 13:14
Hmm. Does anyone else think Naomi's scarier than Martin's stalker? Was her name Sarah? Well, anyway, I think it'll turn out like that. Hope so anyway otherwise it'll just be pointless. They'll just be doing it as they haven't had any gay storylines for ages.

DennisRbabe
26-10-2005, 18:08

I COULD DEFINATLY SEE THAT COMING!!!

CrazyLea
26-10-2005, 19:58
oh how exciting....not! i dont even like them

hayley
26-10-2005, 22:46
ew! :sick: not that there is anything wrong with lesbians but sonia!!!?!? she is kind of happily married!

JustJodi
26-10-2005, 22:54
ew! :sick: not that there is anything wrong with lesbians but sonia!!!?!? she is kind of happily married!

the key words are "kind of" happily married... Sonia is ready to spread her wings and explore the world. Martin wants to be a bump on the log and sit in front of the telly..I personally find them incredibly MISMATCHED .. Martin is boring,,,

kckinsmcg
27-10-2005, 00:09

Please God say it aint so! I'm sorry but Sonia is not remotely attractive and has the body of a potato. If I were going to kiss someone they wold certainly be better looking than her. And why oh why would they do that? Is this the potential honey trap plot? Perhaps Martin thinks Sonia is seeing someone and it turns out to be Naomi? I may truly be ill. I might have preferred Pauline and Pat making out over those two beasts!:sick:

kitty_uk
27-10-2005, 00:51
nice but it's been done to many times on EE now

sarah21
27-10-2005, 14:10
Please God say it aint so! I'm sorry but Sonia is not remotely attractive and has the body of a potato. If I were going to kiss someone they wold certainly be better looking than her. And why oh why would they do that? Is this the potential honey trap plot? Perhaps Martin thinks Sonia is seeing someone and it turns out to be Naomi? I may truly be ill. I might have preferred Pauline and Pat making out over those two beasts!:sick:

Well that's nice. I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading about this. I just hope non of the cast read theses horrible posts.

Jada-GDR
27-10-2005, 20:34
the honey trap plot said that a WIFE suspects a HUSBAND of playing away. i would have thought that sonia was the wife, and martin was the husband, but maybe i've been getting it wrong all my life :hmm:

xsoftladybugx
27-10-2005, 21:42
nice but it's been done to many times on EE now

How the hell is it nice kitty_uk?! :confused:

xCharliex
29-10-2005, 15:11
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/m2/oct2005/2/3/00046579-2467-1363-83180C01AC1BF814.jpg

She snogs best pal after claiming marriage is dead
By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor
THIS is the shocking moment when EastEnders nurse Sonia Fowler cheats on her husband with her best friend Naomi Julien.

The two girls indulge in a tender kiss after Sonia, played by Natalie Cassidy, admits her marriage to Martin is dead.

But she is so horrified by her behaviour that she rushes back to Martin - actor James Alexandrou - and jumps into bed with him.

In scenes to be screened next month, Naomi (Petra Letang) admits she has deep feelings for Sonia - which are not reciprocated.

An insider explained: "Sonia is feeling low over how badly things are going with Martin. She feels they've drifted so far apart that she barely knows him any more.

"When Sonia starts to blame herself for the problems, Naomi gives assurance that it's not her fault and heaps praise on her.

"Sonia thanks her for the kind words and Naomi admits that they weren't just to cheer her up - she's fallen in love with her.

"To prove the point, she leans in for a hug and then kisses Sonia."

She returns the kiss but is furious afterwards, especially when Naomi admits to being unsure whether she is gay or bisexual and confesses it is not the first time she has fallen for a girl.

Martin is pleased when Sonia takes him to bed for the first time in weeks - but his joy doesn't last.

Word of the lesbian liaison soon reaches his ears and he races to the Queen Vic to confront his wife.

The source added: "He finds the two girls sitting cosily together having made up after their row and agreed to stay friends.

"When he demands to know whether Sonia's been having a fling with Naomi, Dot is left spluttering into her tomato juice. She can't believe what she's hearing."

The storyline is not the first lesbian relationship in the soap.

Zoe Slater and her best friend Kelly Taylor kissed in 2003, and in 1994 hairdresser Della Alexander was forced to come out by her lesbian partner Binnie Roberts.

Bryan
29-10-2005, 15:16
wow great stuff! sounds good dosent it!!!???

xCharliex
29-10-2005, 15:22
wow great stuff! sounds good dosent it!!!???
Well all depends if its going to be an on-going dilemma, if its just a one off its gonna be rubbish

Bryan
29-10-2005, 15:24
Well all depends if its going to be an on-going dilemma, if its just a one off its gonna be rubbish

i think its almost certianly going to be a one-off but it could mean the beginning of the end for martonia, but it will be intresting to see the square's reaction to a lesbian around - will there be homophbia from the likes of dot and pauline? i think so!

xCharliex
29-10-2005, 15:25
i think its almost certianly going to be a one-off but it could mean the beginning of the end for martonia, but it will be intresting to see the square's reaction to a lesbian around - will there be homophbia from the likes of dot and pauline? i think so!

Most likely, they live in the old skool

Jade
29-10-2005, 15:32

Well Derek was Gay, and they were fine about him, but then if its one of their family it might cause a few ructions.

xCharliex
29-10-2005, 15:34
Well Derek was Gay, and they were fine about him, but then if its one of their family it might cause a few ructions.

Personally i think its easier for guys than girls, and the fact Derek was an older figure makes a difference

Jade
29-10-2005, 15:37
Personally i think its easier for guys than girls, and the fact Derek was an older figure makes a difference

yep deffinately

i_luv_dennis
29-10-2005, 15:58
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/m2/oct2005/2/3/00046579-2467-1363-83180C01AC1BF814.jpg

She snogs best pal after claiming marriage is dead
By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor
THIS is the shocking moment when EastEnders nurse Sonia Fowler cheats on her husband with her best friend Naomi Julien.

The two girls indulge in a tender kiss after Sonia, played by Natalie Cassidy, admits her marriage to Martin is dead.

But she is so horrified by her behaviour that she rushes back to Martin - actor James Alexandrou - and jumps into bed with him.

In scenes to be screened next month, Naomi (Petra Letang) admits she has deep feelings for Sonia - which are not reciprocated.

An insider explained: "Sonia is feeling low over how badly things are going with Martin. She feels they've drifted so far apart that she barely knows him any more.

"When Sonia starts to blame herself for the problems, Naomi gives assurance that it's not her fault and heaps praise on her.

"Sonia thanks her for the kind words and Naomi admits that they weren't just to cheer her up - she's fallen in love with her.

"To prove the point, she leans in for a hug and then kisses Sonia."

She returns the kiss but is furious afterwards, especially when Naomi admits to being unsure whether she is gay or bisexual and confesses it is not the first time she has fallen for a girl.

Martin is pleased when Sonia takes him to bed for the first time in weeks - but his joy doesn't last.

Word of the lesbian liaison soon reaches his ears and he races to the Queen Vic to confront his wife.

The source added: "He finds the two girls sitting cosily together having made up after their row and agreed to stay friends.

"When he demands to know whether Sonia's been having a fling with Naomi, Dot is left spluttering into her tomato juice. She can't believe what she's hearing."

The storyline is not the first lesbian relationship in the soap.

Zoe Slater and her best friend Kelly Taylor kissed in 2003, and in 1994 hairdresser Della Alexander was forced to come out by her lesbian partner Binnie Roberts.
oh my god

chance
29-10-2005, 18:19
shows favourite????? :searchme:

parkerman
30-10-2005, 10:49

I can see Pauline might have a problem because of Martin, but I would think Dot would be very supportive. She is a very tolerant lady.

sarah21
30-10-2005, 14:40
shows favourite????? :searchme:

Yes shows favourite. Sonia is one of their most popular characters.

As for this storyline, I'm looking forward to it. It is going to be a one-off by the looks of things, but it will finally bring the problems between Sonia and Martin to a head and it will gives us an insight into Naomi. They need to start telling us more about this character.

xsoftladybugx
30-10-2005, 16:49
I wouldnt say Sonia is one of the shows favourites, shes annoying and bossy to be honest I think the Slaters The mitchells and The Watts are obviously the most popuar familys.. In my opinion.

Kim
30-10-2005, 18:57
Yeah, I think your right.

Sherbs
30-10-2005, 19:45
Atleast Zoe & Kelly were attractive!!!!
God sonia is bad enough to watch as it is, talk about how to kill most mens fantasy.....lol.

xsoftladybugx
30-10-2005, 19:56
God sonia is bad enough to watch as it is, talk about how to kill most mens fantasy.....lol.

LMAO :rotfl:

parkerman
30-10-2005, 20:01
How times change. It wasn't too long ago that everyone was demanding that Natalie Cassidy be named Soap Actress of the Year...

littlemo
30-10-2005, 20:15
How times change. It wasn't too long ago that everyone was demanding that Natalie Cassidy be named Soap Actress of the Year...

I think Natalie Cassidy is a good actress. The most dramatic performances she's had have been the whole Rebecca storyline and Jamie's death. Lately we haven't really seen her shine, but I think she could again. She just needs some good writing and storylines to get her back on track.

sarah21
30-10-2005, 20:17
Er, Natalie Cassidy was named Soap Actress of the Year at the British Soap Awards, she was also best actress in TV Quick Awards. She has made the final 3 at the British Soap Awards another time and won Best Dramatic Scene by a Young Actor last year. So just because a few people on here don't rate her, obviously a lot of people do. That is why she is one of the favourites at EE.

This isn't about most mens' fantasy, it's about a storyline that will bring Sonia and Martin's marital problems to a head and force them to make decisions and also it gives us more information about Naomi. However, judging by your rather childish, nasty comments about young Natalie I can't expect you to understand that.

littlemo
30-10-2005, 20:19
I can see Pauline might have a problem because of Martin, but I would think Dot would be very supportive. She is a very tolerant lady.

Yes I think Dot would be supportive to Sonia, but there isn't going to be a big revelation. It's just going to be one kiss, which makes Sonia realise how much she loves Martin. It seems to me that Naomi is going to the one facing everything, I bet there will be some comic moments between her, Jim and Dot in the house. You know how they are.

Debs
30-10-2005, 20:29
This isn't about most mens' fantasy, it's about a storyline that will bring Sonia and Martin's marital problems to a head and force them to make decisions and also it gives us more information about Naomi. However, judging by your rather childish, nasty comments about young Natalie I can't expect you to understand that.

NO BUT YOU CAN BE DARN SURE THAT MORE MEN WILL TUNE IN JUST TO Watch it

parkerman
30-10-2005, 20:41
Er, Natalie Cassidy was named Soap Actress of the Year at the British Soap Awards, she was also best actress in TV Quick Awards. She has made the final 3 at the British Soap Awards another time and won Best Dramatic Scene by a Young Actor last year. So just because a few people on here don't rate her, obviously a lot of people do. That is why she is one of the favourites at EE.

You're right and I agree with you 100% sarah, which is why I raised the issue in the first place.

crazygirl
22-11-2005, 16:17
it happens next week! there is a pic of it :sick:
i think sonia will pull away before there lips meet!

crazygirl
22-11-2005, 16:17
it happens next week! there is a pic of it in my tv guide :sick:
i think sonia will pull away before there lips meet!

Jada-GDR
22-11-2005, 20:21
NO BUT YOU CAN BE DARN SURE THAT MORE MEN WILL TUNE IN JUST TO Watch it

LMAO :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

crazygirl
22-11-2005, 20:23
LMAO :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: my boyfriend why do they have to have 2 dogs snogging why is it never anyone desent, men are so revolting we dont get kicks out of 2 men snogging :sick:

Dutchgirl
27-11-2005, 12:42
Does this ad anything to the thread?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tvandfilm/soapbox/

27-11-2005, 13:01
Lesbian lust may normally be the hallmark of Emmerdale, but it appears to know no North-South divide as student nurses Naomi and Sonia test out their bedside manners.

Sexual confusion doesn’t come into it as they tenderly lock lips on Monday, but desperation does. For with gormless Garry pursuing Naomi and Sonia married to a lanky lump like Martin, it’s no wonder they should seek out comfort with each other.

‘Blimey,’ gasps a shocked Sonia, ‘I’ll be swingin’ my knickers next, dancin’ to the Best Of The Surpremes.’

Well, her mate was hoping…

While Sonia unkindly claims, ‘It meant nuffink’, and decides to try and save her marriage, Naomi then tests her heterosexual urges with a randy Gazza – and finds them lacking.

Even thicko Martin twigs that the two girls are more than good friends and, on Thursday, accuses them of having an affair in a packed Vic.

‘Nuffin’s goin’ on,’ Sonia rants back. ‘It was just a kiss.’ That’s all right, then.

27-11-2005, 13:02
It sure does... thanks for that xx

Kim
27-11-2005, 13:40

Thanks for posting that:).

Jada-GDR
27-11-2005, 20:05
when does martin find out then?

Kim
27-11-2005, 20:17
He finds out the week that Sonia and Naomi kiss and accuses them of having a lesbian affair in the queen vic.

the_watts_rule
28-11-2005, 09:11
:eek:

the_watts_rule
28-11-2005, 09:11
It's screened tonight isn't it.

Debbie Meadows
28-11-2005, 14:11
yeah it's tonight

melanielovesdennisrickman
28-11-2005, 17:55
OMG i bet the Vic will be shocked when Martin accuses them!!

Kim
28-11-2005, 18:33
OMG i bet the Vic will be shocked when Martin accuses them!!

That's not till thursday though.