PDA

View Full Version : 30 Oct - 4 Nov

Jade
22-10-2005, 20:07
30 October

Betty and Laurel are waiting at the airport for Seth and Kathy’s flight to land, but as passengers disembark the flight, there is no sign of him. Betty is concerned when there is a tannoy announcement asking her to the information desk. She is ushered into an office where she sees Kathy. Her tearstained face says it all as Kathy confirms that Seth died from a heart attack during the flight, just an hour from home. They head back to the village and Betty bravely announces the news in the pub. She orders a drink and raises a toast to Seth.

Adam invites Steph for a drink at the Woolpack but she reminds him that she wants to take things slowly. It is clear they are both happy to have things back to normal.

Meanwhile Delilah is attempting to secure the curtain contract. It is doubly tricky because Carl knows she fancies him and enjoys watching her squirm. He eventually gives in and lets her have the Home Farm contract.

31 October

Betty appears breezy and busies herself with funeral arrangements. Kathy eventually sits her down and tells a stunned Betty that Seth had been ill for a while and was heading back to Betty to die. Kathy goes on to say that he had left her very specific instructions as to what he wanted at his funeral. She reads out a list that includes an eco-friendly coffin, no hats, food poached by Turner and fine malt to be supplied by Pollard. Kathy and Turner are amused but Betty explodes, furious that he denied her the chance to be with him at the end of his life. Kathy insists that he didn’t want Betty to be upset but she is adamant that if he’d loved her he would have been honest about his illness. Betty says that she wants no part in his funeral. Can Kathy change her mind?

Louise is desperate for a bit of peace and quiet and asks Andy to have Victoria and Kayleigh after school. When Andy heads out to work leaving a narked Daz in charge, Daz decides to take them over to the Dingles’ to see Debbie. They end up telling ghost stories and the girls run back to Louise screaming in terror. When Martin collects Kayleigh he criticises Louise’s parenting skills and insists that Victoria and Kayleigh should be kept apart.

Meanwhile Del is babysitting Thomas and Anya. The kids really take to her and think it’s great when she offers to take them trick or treating. Carl later thanks Del and it is clear that there is a growing chemistry between them.

1 November

The villagers are busy preparing for Seth’s funeral but Betty remains adamant that she will not be going. A crate of booze arrives care of Kim Tate. Meanwhile, Betty seeks sanctuary in Seth’s hide, where she chides him for leaving her. As if answering her, Biff arrives and asks Betty why she isn’t ready for the crematorium. Biff explains Seth would only ever have Betty’s best interests at heart and surely stayed away so long because he wanted to spare Betty having to see him suffer. Betty begins to come round, but says she doesn’t like the idea of Seth being cremated as it feels too final. She’d rather wait and think about the best way to say goodbye to him. Biff agrees they can put a halt on the proceedings.

The villagers are shocked by the announcement that the cremation is cancelled.

As Betty insists on buying everybody a drink and asks them to join her in raising a toast to Seth Armstrong. Pollard and Turner remember fond moments and Sam reads a poem. Betty reminisces about Seth as she sits in the Woolpack

2 November

Debbie snogs Daz in front of Kayleigh to stop her bothering him. Kayleigh is devastated. Louise is comforting and arranges a girly night, to cheer up Kayleigh, assuring her that the right boy will come along. Kayleigh asks Louise some awkward questions about sex, which Louise dodges. Martin arrives and is taken aback by his daughter covered in make up. Louise fears she’s offended Martin again.

Meanwhile, Daz comments to Debbie that he hasn’t seen her at school for a while and she admits that she’s been bunking off. Daz thinks that if he throws a party then Debbie will make some new friends and stay at school more. The party later gets into full swing and Daz is gutted to see Debbie kissing one of the lads from school. Worrying she might sleep with him and later regret it, Daz runs for help. When Lisa turns up and sees a horrified Debbie she drags her out off the door, leaving her utterly humiliated.

Pearl, having just returned from her holiday goes to visit Betty. She excitedly shows off her holiday pictures but is mortified when Betty eventually tells her about Seth

3 November

Louise takes Victoria to her karate class and gets roped into joining in. She is paired up with Martin and although they pretend to be angry with one another, it’s clear that they enjoy the physical contact. Victoria and Kayleigh blurt out that Louise and Martin fancy each other. They are both embarrassed but Martin bites the bullet and confirms to Louise that he likes her and asks her out for lunch the following day.

Nicola arranges for Laurel to see a top dressmaker but is disappointed when Laurel fails to show any enthusiasm. When the dressmaker leaves, Nicola rebukes Laurel for embarrassing her, but Laurel tells her that planning the wedding doesn’t seem right at the moment as she is grieving for Seth.

Lisa is furious when Debbie’s headmistress phones and informs her that Debbie has been wagging school. Lisa says that Debbie can’t be trusted and that she should stay at home with Sarah. Debbie is upset, but as Emily comforts her she assures the teenage mum that she is still happy to look after Sarah, meaning that Debbie will have free time. How will Cain feel when he finds out about the arrangement

4 November

Laurel decides that her love for Ashley is all that matters and that she doesn’t need Nicola’s frills at the wedding. Both Laurel and Ashley agree that they want a simple wedding and despite Nicola’s regret, Laurel insists it’s her and Ashley’s day, not Nicola’s. As Ashley heads off to work, Laurel flippantly wishes they could get married tomorrow. After her fiancé has gone she dwells on the notion – what is stopping them?

It’s the day of Seth’s burial and Betty is being evasive, insisting she’d rather say goodbye to Seth on her own, whilst the committal takes place. Ashley can’t fathom why Betty would miss it, but Betty has her own reasons…

The Villagers speculate about Betty’s whereabouts as Seth’s eco coffin is buried. And then, in the absence of a planned wake, they troupe off to the Woolpack to raise a glass to the master poacher himself. Betty, Laurel and the Dingles eventually join the group. Ashley spots they all have muddy shoes, but agrees it’s best he doesn’t ask any questions.

With everybody in attendance, the villagers raise a final toast to Seth.

Tamzi
22-10-2005, 22:23
A very Seth related week. I really miss Seth.
xxx

pinkles14
22-10-2005, 23:50
we are all going to have the tissues ready going to be a sad week..
Nice to see kathy and biff back

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 00:03
arrr i will be sad at seth's funeral

i_luv_dennis
23-10-2005, 14:35
and me
poor daz he really likes debbie

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:02
A crate of booze arrives care of Kim Tate.

All i can say is a mention of Kim Tate after all this time!! Woooo

But it sounds like its going to be a very sad few eps, tissues at the ready girls!

Bryan
23-10-2005, 15:15
All i can say is a mention of Kim Tate after all this time!! Woooo

But it sounds like its going to be a very sad few eps, tissues at the ready girls!

and boys! a sad week in the dales folks...and kim tate lives on! she's no longer in bad girls so bring her back....battle of the blonde bitches, kim tate vs sadie king....who'd win?... its a toughie :hmm:

Jade
23-10-2005, 15:16
and boys! a sad week in the dales folks...and kim tate lives on! she's no longer in bad girls so bring her back....battle of the blonde bitches, kim tate vs sadie king....who'd win?... its a toughie :hmm:

it will be very said.

That is a toughie, I wonder....

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:23
Id hate to see them as enemies! They are my two fav characters of bitches! Id like to see them team up, now that would be fantastic

PS. VOTE BADGIRLS!!! lol

Jade
23-10-2005, 15:25
I wouldnt mind see Sadie taken down a peg or 4. And I think Kim Tate is the only one that stands a chance of doing it.

Does anyone know if she will be about for a while or if its just for the funeral?

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:26
I wouldnt mind see Sadie taken down a peg or 4. And I think Kim Tate is the only one that stands a chance of doing it.

Does anyone know if she will be about for a while or if its just for the funeral?

I dont actually think shes going to be there i just think its going to be a letter or some sort, theres been no news of Claire appearing unfortunately

Jade
23-10-2005, 15:28
oh thats a shame, although you nevere know with Emmerdale they may suprise us!!

Got all excited there!!

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:31
oh thats a shame, although you nevere know with Emmerdale they may suprise us!!

Got all excited there!!
I know it would be fantastic if she turned up at the funeral! I guess we can just keep our fingers crossed, but i doubt its going to happen :(

Bryan
23-10-2005, 15:41
well after her stint in hollyoaks, hopefully she will decide to return to her roots and come back to emmerdale...saying that it wont be anygood, with her being the only tate, if only chris and zoe were still here, kim could have helped sadie win home farml, or maybe we could have learnt that sadie was a duaghter of frank's and shes actually a tate and so shes the kings worst nightmare...getting a bit carried away here folks lol but i love patsy kensit and claire king

Jade
23-10-2005, 15:43
well after her stint in hollyoaks, hopefully she will decide to return to her roots and come back to emmerdale...saying that it wont be anygood, with her being the only tate, if only chris and zoe were still here, kim could have helped sadie win home farml, or maybe we could have learnt that sadie was a duaghter of frank's and shes actually a tate and so shes the kings worst nightmare...getting a bit carried away here folks lol but i love patsy kensit and claire king

oh it would be great!!! to have two really good bitchies!!!

petition anyone?

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:43
Haha, that would be well funny! Sadie really a Tate! I think they would make a great team though.

Im sure is Claire was gonna be back though we would have heard, i mean she was a big star of Emmerdale so if there was any whispers about her attending the funeral i reckon it would have slipt out by now, gonna keep my hopes up though lol just for the sake of it

Jade
23-10-2005, 15:45
They are quite good at keeping things under hat though are Emmerdale. Ok i'm just trying to convince myself!

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:49
They are quite good at keeping things under hat though are Emmerdale. Ok i'm just trying to convince myself!

Your right they are, the Home Farm exploding for example. Lol dont worry Jade me too, fingers and toes, and arms and legs croseed :rotfl:

Jade
23-10-2005, 15:55
Your right they are, the Home Farm exploding for example. Lol dont worry Jade me too, fingers and toes, and arms and legs croseed :rotfl:

Yep got everything crossed as well!!

Relaistically though she would probably been spotted comming and going from the studoes by now.

Bryan
23-10-2005, 15:56
uk tv certainly does bitches better than anywhere else!

xCharliex
23-10-2005, 15:56
Exactly, its nice to know she hasnt been forgotton though, im hoping this will be some sort of hint as a return to the show at some point