PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders Backstories

Bryan
21-10-2005, 11:00
Watching last night's eastenders with the Jonny and Peggy talking about the past its made me realise, why dont Eastenders have a spin-off show of the characters past.

go bakc to the good old days when jonny ruled london, when eric was the boxing champ, when den was youthful, when pat had her hooker career, when peggy was a houswife, when mo and pat had their feud, when charlie was married to viv, when pauline was happy, when all the old favourites lived in walford...

i reckon this would be a fab show and pave the way for a lot of talent with actors in there late twenties/early thirites

Luna
21-10-2005, 11:01
well they've already donet he mo and pat one - but it is a good idea

Bryan
21-10-2005, 11:03
well they've already donet he mo and pat one - but it is a good idea

yeah i know but it was rushed into a one hour show

brenda1971
21-10-2005, 11:09
I think that sounds like a good idea as well then at least we would know what peggy was talking about.

hazey
21-10-2005, 14:14
I think it would be good to see. We have had Pat and Mo, and Dot's childhood when she was evacuted to wales, and Dot and Ethal in the war years. but doing johnny and Peggy and Pat in the old days would be quite good to watch.

Dutchgirl
21-10-2005, 19:33
A spinoff based in the sixties, seventies that will be expensive but nice long haired and wide sleeved!!! Shame Wendy Richards isn't as young as Miss Brahms, she was quiet a stunner in her days.

Florijo
21-10-2005, 19:43
The only problem I would have of EE doing a spin off is that it would mean more work for the production crew and the writers, and that could detract from the quality of the normal episodes. I don't think they would have enough quality writers to do the spin off episodes and the normal episodes to a good standard.

i_luv_dennis
21-10-2005, 19:51
good idea

Dutchgirl
21-10-2005, 19:58
The only problem I would have of EE doing a spin off is that it would mean more work for the production crew and the writers, and that could detract from the quality of the normal episodes. I don't think they would have enough quality writers to do the spin off episodes and the normal episodes to a good standard.

But its nice to dream about, no?

Florijo
21-10-2005, 20:12
But its nice to dream about, no?

Yep. :)

littlemo
21-10-2005, 22:05
I would really love to see Dennis as a young child. How he was with his mum, being in care and how he got involved with Dalton. His longings for a dad, and everything else. Maybe even seeing how Den and Paula Rickman were together. Why she loved him so much.

~*~Leanne~*~
21-10-2005, 22:26
littlemo i would love that as well and i think a spin off would be great

melanielovesdennisrickman
22-10-2005, 12:36
I would really love to see Dennis as a young child. How he was with his mum, being in care and how he got involved with Dalton. His longings for a dad, and everything else. Maybe even seeing how Den and Paula Rickman were together. Why she loved him so much.

Yeah,i would really like to see that too!!
I really think that they should do a spin off!!

shannisrules
22-10-2005, 13:18
that would make a great episode a sort of flashback episode

littlemo
22-10-2005, 23:26
that would make a great episode a sort of flashback episode

Yes. I wonder if Nigel Harman would consider it?! I know actors are always looking for new challenges, it might be a nice thing to do for him.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
23-10-2005, 18:05
A spin off with Johnny and someone.. (Pat) should be good!! :D

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 20:37
how would they make the actors look 20 or so years younger though

Bryan
23-10-2005, 20:38
how would they make the actors look 20 or so years younger though

completyl new actors? theyve done it in all previous spin offs set in the past

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 20:42
so what about when the actor is like 33 and they are telling his life story when he was 22 they'd have to get someone that looked a lot like the actor

Bryan
23-10-2005, 20:44
so what about when the actor is like 33 and they are telling his life story when he was 22 they'd have to get someone that looked a lot like the actor

not necessarily...you take into account that its a different actor playing the part...when they have flashbacks in tv shows and films the actors very rarely resemble the character of the present

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 20:46
i suppose lol you win when was the last time eastenders did a flashback (episode) of someones life?

Bryan
23-10-2005, 20:48
i suppose lol you win when was the last time eastenders did a flashback (episode) of someones life?

pat and mo feud ep, dot wartime past ep, im sure there have been more

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 20:52
cool they should do some more

feelingyellow
23-10-2005, 20:59
sounds like a really good idea, would be cool if it happened :)

shannisrules
23-10-2005, 21:11
im sure they'll do some more in the future

Jada-GDR
24-10-2005, 09:22
Watching last night's eastenders with the Jonny and Peggy talking about the past its made me realise, why dont Eastenders have a spin-off show of the characters past.

go bakc to the good old days when jonny ruled london, when eric was the boxing champ, when den was youthful, when pat had her hooker career, when peggy was a houswife, when mo and pat had their feud, when charlie was married to viv, when pauline was happy, when all the old favourites lived in walford...

i reckon this would be a fab show and pave the way for a lot of talent with actors in there late twenties/early thirites
pat and mo still have their feud lol :lol:

xsoftladybugx
24-10-2005, 10:01
pat and mo still have their feud lol :lol:

I would like to see Pat and Mo's little feud, probably be hilarious!! When they argue they do have some really classic lines!

JustJodi
24-10-2005, 10:08
pat and mo feud ep, dot wartime past ep, im sure there have been more
BB is there any way we can find out if there has been other spin offs ???Any one know ???
:searchme: :searchme:

Bryan
24-10-2005, 10:25
BB is there any way we can find out if there has been other spin offs ???Any one know ???
:searchme: :searchme:

there was that awful series with ricky and bianca, and also there was that 1 hour episode of frank's life as a car salesman by the sea, where they had to dispose of that dead body, and i seme to remember one when nasty nick first saw ashley?

Bryan
24-10-2005, 10:28
there was that awful series with ricky and bianca, and also there was that 1 hour episode of frank's life as a car salesman by the sea, where they had to dispose of that dead body, and i seme to remember one when nasty nick first saw ashley?

just checked on imdb and they are the ones that have been done: