PDA

View Full Version : bono= god?

Bad Wolf
20-10-2005, 09:39
Bono discusses politics with Bush

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40928000/jpg/_40928624_bono_bush_body.jpg U2 frontman Bono previously met President Bush in July

U2 frontman Bono shared his views on global issues with US president George W Bush during lunch at the White House.

During the one hour 40 minute meeting Bono and Mr Bush discussed debt relief, AIDS, malaria and world trade, said presidential spokesman Scott McClellan.

Mr McClellan said they also talked about the concerts U2 were due to perform in Washington.

"They had a very good discussion about some of our common priorities," Mr McClellan added.

Bono received the lunch invitation to follow talks he had with Mr Bush at the G8 summit in Scotland in July.

'Moral force'

Bono also planned to meet National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley after Wednesday's lunch, before U2's concert at the MCI Centre in Washington, DC.

Ahead of the meeting, Bono told Rolling Stone magazine that he had no fear of meeting Mr Bush or any other world leader. "I'm throwing a punch, and the fist belongs to people who can't be in the room, whose rage, whose anger, whose hurt I represent," Bono said. "The moral force is way beyond mine, it's an argument that has much more weight than I have. So I'm not feeling nervous."