PDA

View Full Version : Current Episode Discussion - II

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

*-Rooney-*
17-04-2006, 01:28
well he sounds lilke the rest of the dundonians i know

stacyefc
17-04-2006, 14:34
please can someone let me know what happened on last nights corrie? i missed it i was in the pub

*-Rooney-*
17-04-2006, 14:39
gail got b-day card from hillman. leanne told danny she wasnt going to the funeral, then to get on the rest of the families good side he told frankie and jamie he told leanne not to come, then when he got home leanne said she changed her mind and wanted to be there for him. so everyone knows thatll cause a few waves at the funeral

stacyefc
17-04-2006, 14:41
gail got b-day card from hillman. leanne told danny she wasnt going to the funeral, then to get on the rest of the families good side he told frankie and jamie he told leanne not to come, then when he got home leanne said she changed her mind and wanted to be there for him. so everyone knows thatll cause a few waves at the funeral

so didn't i miss much then? it doesn't sound like it was that good last night

*-Rooney-*
17-04-2006, 14:43
you didnt .
ken asked danny to give the inheritance to adam is he mad

littlemo
17-04-2006, 15:37
you didnt .
ken asked danny to give the inheritance to adam is he mad

I feel Danny should give Adam something. Maybe not the factory, but perhaps Mike's villa in Spain. He does deserve something. I don't like Adam though, I must admit. His character gets on my nerves.

I think it is much better for Danny to run the factory, he's a much better boss.

stacyefc
17-04-2006, 15:41
i think adams ok. i like danny but i wish him and leanne split up.

littlemo
17-04-2006, 15:48
i think adams ok. i like danny but i wish him and leanne split up.

Yeah I think people would have a lot more respect for Danny if he dumped Leanne. People must see that a lot of what's going on at the moment is down to her. Her behaviour just after the will was read (when she was in the Rovers drinking champagne) was disgusting! Danny walked out! It was even too distasteful for him!

The one thing Danny must absolutely never do is marry Leanne! That way he will never be obligated to give her anything. Everything that Mike has given Danny should go to Jamie and Warren eventually. Also Frankie will have to get half in the divorce. Has their divorce been finalised yet?! I don't think so.

stacyefc
17-04-2006, 15:59
i don't think so either. i think danny still loves frankie however he is not helping matters by being with leanne cos frankie and jamie will never speak to him why he is with her

Richie_lecturer
17-04-2006, 16:22
It's Mike's funeral tonight. :(

Johnny Allen
17-04-2006, 16:42
Yeah it is Richie and we have to put up with more pathetic arguments. I tell you it comes to something when in an episode I enjoy the Tyronne and Molly storyline rather than the other stuff. Frankly I am glad Danny got the lot, Ken has no right whatsoever to speak to Danny like that, why should he give Adam anything?

*-Rooney-*
17-04-2006, 17:02
after all danny's plotting i cant see him giving him anything any way. i mean while danny and leanne where looking after him how many times did adam come to see him, not once

Johnny Allen
17-04-2006, 17:13
after all danny's plotting i cant see him giving him anything any way. i mean while danny and leanne where looking after him how many times did adam come to see him, not once

exactly, Adam doesn't deserve anything.

alan45
17-04-2006, 17:55
exactly, Adam doesn't deserve anything.Yes I think its a bit much him expecting anything when as you say he never even bothered with mike. At least Danny has put something into the business

Chris_2k11
17-04-2006, 19:40
Is it just me or is Frankie's acting a bit bad tonight?

shannisrules
17-04-2006, 20:02
does anyone think pennys hat was a bit ott didnt really notice frankies acting

alan45
17-04-2006, 20:26
Sorry I didnt notice I just thought it was a brilliant episode and looking forward to 8.30

Chris_2k11
17-04-2006, 21:10
Two good episodes tonight. Second one better than the first. :)

littlemo
17-04-2006, 21:11
Great episodes! Adam's contesting the will! It's good that he's doing that. He shouldn't just give up without a fight. I don't really like Adam's character, I like Danny. But it's about being fair. Danny and Adam should get half each. I think Danny should get the factory though, he's already a partner and I just don't think him and Adam could work together. I suppose Danny could buy him out though.

Tracy's 'abortion lie' is beginning to catch up with her. Sarah has got such a big mouth! It was gossips galore tonight!

Janice and Cilla fighting! lol.

Johnny Allen
17-04-2006, 22:20
Yeah that fight was funny. Not a bad episode, but once again ruined by Adam, and is it me or is Ken really out of order. Telling Danny to leave the graveside, I mean it's his father that has just died it doesn't concern him in the slightest. And why are they all sticking up for Adam? he cause the confrontation, you can't expect Danny to just sit back and take it, I say well done to Danny, I would have hit that little squirt.

Richie_lecturer
17-04-2006, 23:16
Yes very good stuff tonight. Kate Ford and especially Sam Robertson were the notable people (the usual suspects) who dragged it down. Shame the likes of Vera weren't at the funeral, as she worked in Mike's old factory many years ago (most on here wouldn't remember that I don't think).

Nice to see Archie back too. :)

7/10 for both

dddMac1
18-04-2006, 15:07
good episode last night.so it's ok for Blanche to gossip but when other people gossip about her it's a different story

DaVeyWaVey
18-04-2006, 22:28
good episode last night.so it's ok for Blanche to gossip but when other people gossip about her it's a different story

Yeah i thought that was really selfish that she could gossip about other people and then if other people gossip about her or her family, it's different. Blanche needs to get used of having a taste of her own medicine :p
Overall, good 2 episodes last night. Mike's funeral was done very well i thought and good to see another appearance from Mark.
Overall 8/10 for both episodes :)

Chris_2k11
21-04-2006, 19:52
Zzzzzzzz, this is a bit of a boring episode!

Richie_lecturer
21-04-2006, 21:06
I thought it was rather good myself. Ann Kirkbride and the oldies were the stars of the episode, and also a paranoid Helen Worth. :)

Only thing letting the side down, as usual, was Miss Ford. :thumbsdow

7.5/10

I know he wasn't in tonight's episode but it's good to see Archie Shuttleworth back on our screens. :cheer:

Jessie Wallace
21-04-2006, 21:10
Totally sleep-athon, could i have been more bored during that episode?!?! :hmm: :thumbsdow

Richie_lecturer
21-04-2006, 21:12
I don't know, you could have tried BBC1's flagship and once great show which was on tonight. :cool:

stacyefc
25-04-2006, 22:11
i like archie in it i think he handled the blanche sistuation really well when she told him she had feelings for him.

i really like the way sarah is acting lately i think she has gone really funny in it

Katy
26-04-2006, 21:01
that stupid card story took up most of tonights show and i am SOOOO bored with it.

Cilla really made me laugh, sat with her feet on the dog. Chesney and Sophie should have moer stories they stole the show with their lines.

Ches and Les cabs and Sophies , great fish fingers with dead man walking.

stacyefc
26-04-2006, 21:45
did you hear becky do a flippo cos kelly thought she robbed the watch

Katy
27-04-2006, 17:40
yeh i actually thought Beckys tantrum was quite funny, id probably do the same. Archie and Rita in the open top car also made me laugh loads. Ritas comment about "ill catch phenmonia".

Johnny Allen
28-04-2006, 09:16
I think they should just focus Corrie on Sophie, shes a right cracker, she always makes me laugh, although Gail going mad has been quite good.

dddMac1
28-04-2006, 16:09
mondays episodes was ok i can't stand Becky

littlemo
30-04-2006, 21:31
I would really like them back together, I know Danny doesn't deserve forgiveness for what he's done, but I think Frankie brings out the best in him. If him and Frankie got back together, and she managed to forgive him, it might make it easier for him to get into Jamie's good books. Leanne can be so mean! Danny doesn't love her, it's obvious he still loves Frankie. I would also love to see Leanne get her just desserts.

I don't think money and Leanne is any consolation prize for Danny. He won't be happy until he gets Frankie back. And Nathan's a nice guy but Frankie doesn't love him.

Chris_2k11
30-04-2006, 23:18
Leanne is really starting to get on my wick. Is there really any need for her to be sarcy in practically every scene?!

DaVeyWaVey
30-04-2006, 23:23
It was a good episode tonight, glad Craig has stopped the goth look. I think he looks better not being a goth in my opinion, not sure if Rosie will be hanging round with him much longer though, down to his new image.
I am glad that Les has become a proper dad to Chesney. Very good news and it was funny when Cilla asked the social worker if she wanted to get bladdered :D
Becky still freaks me out for some reason.....
Overall 8/10 :)

dddMac1
02-05-2006, 15:38
enjoyed Sundays episode glad Les is going to Adopt Chesney.good episode last night but i found it so predictable when Eileen and all them where talking about Gail in the shop and who walks in Gail

DaVeyWaVey
02-05-2006, 21:16
Last night's double episode was good, i am glad Frankie is going to fight for half of what Danny has got. Good on her i say! Danny doesn't deserve Frankie back! The Becky storyline was good as well, it has finally stepped up a gear and everytime i see her on screen she is chewing, i find it quite freaky to be honest :o
The Gail stuff was good as well, i feel really sorry for Gail especially as the Street are making jokes over the Hillman cards, no one really knows what she's going through.
Overall 8/10 :)

dddMac1
03-05-2006, 15:58
Danny has a real Cheek Expecting Frankie to come Back to him after what he did

shannisrules
03-05-2006, 19:54
notice how the music suddenly quietened down when adam and dannt started to fight?
thought leanne was a bit childish "go on danny slap him one"

Chris_2k11
07-05-2006, 19:58
What a yawnfest of an episode tonight.

DaVeyWaVey
07-05-2006, 20:36
What a yawnfest of an episode tonight.

Yeah i thought tonight's episode was pretty boring, nothing much was happening really but it was still watchable :)

dddMac1
08-05-2006, 15:57
C**p Acting from the guy who plays Noris because when he fell it looked fake

DaVeyWaVey
09-05-2006, 19:37
Good 2 episodes last night. It was very funny with the whole cafe mix up when Roy and Hayley thought Vera said "mental health" instead of "environmental health" Very funny:D
Becky's turning more freakier than ever! I am loving her/Kelly storyline more and more now:)

Chris_2k11
09-05-2006, 19:53
Well I thought last night's 2 episodes were the worst so far of 2006. Absolutely dire. Who really gives two figs about the Cafe?! Not me! There was a time when the cliffhanger at 8pm would be something exciting, and had you wanting more. Obviously not anymore. :rolleyes: Just as things were going so well for Corrie it all looks like it's set to go downhill once again. :( It was around this time last year that things were getting bad. Oh dear me.

shannisrules
12-05-2006, 20:00
i liked tonights it was good but ive got one question why on any soap when people swear they always say bitch its never any other swearword is it the only one their allowed to say?

DaVeyWaVey
14-05-2006, 20:51
A very good hour long episode tonight, i love the Becky storyline, it's brilliant. I just feel so sorry for Kelly, i hope Becky gets justice soon but i am glad Joanne is kinda believing Kelly now because Joanne is the only person who knows that Becky is a bit of her rocker so i am glad Joanne is taking her in. :)
And Roys Rolls has been re opened :D

Chris_2k11
14-05-2006, 20:57
Quite a good episode tonight. An improvement on last week's yawnfest. I quite like the Becky/Kelly storyline.

alan45
15-05-2006, 20:34
What a brilliant first episode tonight. The right blend of comedy and drama. Although David is widely tipped to be the Phantom card writer the story is still bubbling along nicely and I have a suspicion that the Corrie scriptwriters will still pull a surprise ending

Chris_2k11
15-05-2006, 20:47
Since when has Steve smoked???

Chris_2k11
15-05-2006, 21:01
After tonight's episode I know all the signs are pointing to David but i've really got a feeling it isn't him. I'm not sure, but I just think there's going to be some sort of shock twist or something? hmm...

Katy
15-05-2006, 21:05
I thought it was David, but it seems a bit too obvious to be him.

The websters at teatime made me laugh, i was in hysterics.

luna_lovegood
15-05-2006, 21:29
I really wanna know who the card sender is! I hope it isn't David.

How funny was Steves singing tonight lol?!

DaVeyWaVey
15-05-2006, 21:35
Got tonight's episodes on tape because i was out with friends, so i will watch it tomorrow night. :)

Katy
15-05-2006, 21:36
i know, I just died in your arms tonight. I ,llove that song as well.

I bet Les wont be happy if the rovers ever get the smoking ban

Richie_lecturer
15-05-2006, 21:42
i know, I just died in your arms tonight. I ,llove that song as well.

I bought the song when it was out in the 80s. :o :)

Richie_lecturer
15-05-2006, 21:46
Since when has Steve smoked???
He's always smoked. He smoked back in the early 90s, you just don't see it on screen often.

I think Simon Gregson smokes in real life too. I say that because Leanne used to puff away alot, but Jane Danson has never smoked. :)

Two very good episodes tonight. Best stuff was the Hillman business and the Norris/Rita bits. :)

Johnny Allen
15-05-2006, 22:06
well you know everything points to David but it may all just be a coincidence, I don't know personally Im past caring. Steve's singing was the highlight as was that Sophie Webster who really should get more screentime, she's priceless.

chance
15-05-2006, 22:22
Everytihng points to david and i have heard it is him but surely it is too obvious? Also was he that dumb to just come out with 'ive got a paper cut'?

Katy
16-05-2006, 09:33
i agree about sophie Webster, she is so good. Rita in the cupbaord ws funny. Norris face wqa priceless.

dddMac1
16-05-2006, 15:28
last night was good.rita in the cuboard that was funny hope norris finds someone suitable.i think it might be david who's sending those cards.the websters where funny.Becky should come clean.can't believe the cheek of Vera asking to be paid when she was the one that got the cafe closed down

corriefan_irl
16-05-2006, 16:34
Was it a case of bad continuity or did Norris recover extra fast from his sprained wrist and ankle? He went from chair to crutch to legging it down the stairs in a couple of days! Stuff like that bugs me a bit , otherwise a good episode!! Esp loving Steve and Lloyd at the moment.

shannisrules
16-05-2006, 17:24
im quite enjoying the pen writer storyline now i used to think it was ok but is getting better and i like the thief storyline too i got bored of the norris stuff thiugh

DaVeyWaVey
16-05-2006, 22:37
Good two episodes last night, a nice mix of comedy and drama. The Hillman cards story has got me gripped now and it's brilliant even though i think i know who it is now. Everything seemed to be pointing to David last night....:hmm:
Great ending to the double episode though with David saying he had a paper cut and Gail just look gobsmacked, brilliant ending! :)
The Norris stuff was ok but Steve's singing made me laugh :lol:
Overall 8/10. :)

stacyefc
20-05-2006, 18:59
i can't beleive gail was blaming her own son in lasts night episode, it can't be him cos she would of got that card.

am also glad that fiz, shayn and hayley are now beleving kelly

i thought it was good last night

DaVeyWaVey
20-05-2006, 19:36
Good two episodes last night, i am glad that Fiz, Sean and Hayley are believing Kelly now, and good on Joanne for standing by her in the first place. :)
The card sender story was good again last night, i still believe it's David, even though the latest card didn't turn up.

DaVeyWaVey
21-05-2006, 20:08
A brilliant episode tonight, David was revealed as the card sender! It was kinda obvious really but there was brilliant acting from Helen Worth and the boy who plays David was very good as well though he didn't seem to bothered when he was found out.
Gail was right when she said David sending the cards was a cry for help.

Katy
22-05-2006, 08:49
I thought the whole thing was really funny, like Sarah hitting him with the magazine.

I really like Devs daughter Amber, she is so funny i hope she stays for a bit longer i think her a dev are really nice together.

dddMac1
22-05-2006, 13:22
good episode last night.i knew it was David sending these Cards it was so obvious.Devs daughter is funny hope Dev lets her stay

tammyy2j
22-05-2006, 13:56
So David is sending the cards it was kind of obvious that it was him. Amber is a great character.

Chris_2k11
22-05-2006, 14:05
I missed it. :(

DaVeyWaVey
22-05-2006, 20:49
I thought the whole thing was really funny, like Sarah hitting him with the magazine.

I really like Devs daughter Amber, she is so funny i hope she stays for a bit longer i think her a dev are really nice together.

Yeah, Amber is a brilliant addition to the cast and i hope Dev lets her stay. :) Amber and Dev have great chemistry on screen together. :)

Chris_2k11
22-05-2006, 20:57
Is it really David or what?! I'm so confused haha

soapyclean
23-05-2006, 07:33
What a rubbish ending to the card sending storyline, no way would David get away with that. Gail would've been arrested for wasting police time at the least.

Best part Grandma walking in and beating him :rotfl: :rotfl:

Worst Gail protecting him after all he's done, so not very happy at all.

dddMac1
23-05-2006, 16:18
Gail should punish david even more

DaVeyWaVey
23-05-2006, 19:04
I found the two episodes of Corrie very dissapointing last night, the card sender story has turned out to be such a big dissapointment, Gail sent David to the police and the policeman told David to "behave" and then they got home and Gail told them never to speak of the cards again, such a rubbish ending!
The best moment was when Audrey slapped David! Overall 6/10 :)

alvinsduckie
23-05-2006, 19:46
I agree.. i also think it wouldn't have mattered if Gail did pay more attention to David. he'd only cried"lemme alone --I'm NOT a baby!" so was no way to win

brenda1971
24-05-2006, 13:05
So is david the one that has sent the cards.

alan45
24-05-2006, 14:30
I have to say I am very disappointed in the conclusion to the card storyline. It was a bit of a cop out really. There were so many more interesting and plausible conclusions they could have had. Poor show Corrie:thumbsdow

Chris_2k11
24-05-2006, 14:33
I don't think this is the end of it. I'm sure they've got something else up their sleeve.. :hmm:

alan45
24-05-2006, 15:42
I don't think this is the end of it. I'm sure they've got something else up their sleeve.. :hmm: I always thought there would be a twist to this story but after watching Mondays episodes I dont really think there will be.:searchme:

DaVeyWaVey
25-05-2006, 19:46
A good episode last night, Kelly was sooooo stupid pleading guilty though!!

Chris_2k11
29-05-2006, 21:03
Uh oh, I see a Shelley/Charlie mark II storyline coming on. :rolleyes: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Birks_2k4/yawn.gif

Johnny Allen
30-05-2006, 08:19
Shelley annoyed me, Keith annoyed the hell out of me as he usually does, I thought the roofing storyline was incredibly boring. Thank goodness for Dev and Amber (what a star she is) the highlight of the episode had to be David and Dev.

Where's the tea and stuff?

next to the sugar and stuff and the coffee and stuff

Dev has got so much more funnier with Amber now around.

Katy
30-05-2006, 09:50
i thought exactly the same, Amber is great and Dev is so much better when hes around. I though David was quite funny working in the hairdressers.

Richie_lecturer
30-05-2006, 16:07
It was a bit dull last night wasn't it.

The only bits I enjoyed were the Peacocks, the ever brilliant Blanche, and Jack Duckworth's line to Keith about needing a roof over your head. :o

The roof storyline itself is very boring. Too much Charlie and Tracy as well, yuk. I hate Dev with a passion of course so his recent return to the forefront has not gone down too well here.

6/10 for both

dddMac1
30-05-2006, 16:13
ok episode last night.the roof storyline is boring.it's weird seeing David in the hair dressers

Chris_2k11
30-05-2006, 18:04
What happened to the days of the Hillman cliffhangers on a Monday night?! Now we're subjected to a roof been torn apart? :confused: How very entertaining. :thumbsdow

DaVeyWaVey
30-05-2006, 23:03
A boring two episodes last night, the Keith and his roof story was boring, the best bits were Dev and Amber, they are both brilliant together on screen and Amber and Dev are both funny. :)
Overall 4/10. :)

Richie_lecturer
31-05-2006, 16:09
What happened to the days of the Hillman cliffhangers on a Monday night?! Now we're subjected to a roof been torn apart? :confused: How very entertaining. :thumbsdow
Obviously these Monday cliffhangers didn't make the roof but reached the glass ceiling. :rolleyes: :o

To be honest you can't whack people with a crowbar every Monday Chris. :nono:

alan45
31-05-2006, 17:35
To be honest you can't whack people with a crowbar every Monday Chris. :nono:

Unless of course it's Traceyluv and then you can whack her every night of the week:ninja:

Katy
08-06-2006, 08:15
Aww Im likeing the story with Sean and his dad. Great seeing Janice back on our screens again. Steve is such an idiot hes so dim, but maybe thats just Ronnie being such a great actress. You have to feel sorry for him, though, he doesnt seem to have much luck with woman.
David was funny when Gail asked him "wheres Amber" and Her eplied upstairs, juts putting her clothes back on". The look on her face was priceless.

Richie_lecturer
08-06-2006, 15:06
A reasonably good episode last night, better than I expected considering Patrea Smallacombe was writing it. Some nice little touches throughout.

6.5-7/

Just a reminder than Corrie is on earlier tomorrow, at 7pm.

DaVeyWaVey
08-06-2006, 18:34
A good episode last night, i am really enjoying the storyline between Sean and his dad, i hope this storyline will go further and i hope they really get to know each other. :)

Ronnie is very scheming over the hit and run accident, if only Steve could see through her lies!!

Nice to see Amber and David together too. :)

Chris_2k11
12-06-2006, 19:50
haha what was that line from Leanne about coffee just then :rotfl:

Richie_lecturer
12-06-2006, 22:28
No idea, wasn't paying much attention.

Not that good tonight. Sean was really camping it up tonight and those scenes with the watch at the end were cringeworthy. :thumbsdow

The Lloyd/Steve stuff is OK, but a bit dull. :rolleyes:

Like Jack's comment in the second episode. :)

Diggory - he can't go soon enough. Terrible. :thumbsdow

Only real saving grace tonight were Danny and Leanne, great as always. :)

5.5/10

Babe14
15-06-2006, 11:41
Not that good tonight. Sean was really camping it up tonight and those scenes with the watch at the end were cringeworthy. :thumbsdow

Surprisingly Corrie is becoming watchable again and actually have some good storylines running. I liked the Sean/Jamie and his dad scenes and the way in which Jamie is looking out for Sean. Something tells me though that Sean's dad is hding something.

The Lloyd/Steve stuff is OK, but a bit dull. :rolleyes:

I can't really see what Lloyd's problem is, he and Kelly weren't togethr at the time. Lloyd should definitely give Steve another chance. They work well together.

Like Jack's comment in the second episode. :)

Jack is a Corrie classic.

Diggory - he can't go soon enough. Terrible. :thumbsdow
Please let it be soon! Hopefully Health and Safety will close him down. I do like his daughter Molly though and the relationship she has with Tyrone.

Only real saving grace tonight were Danny and Leanne, great as always. :)

Get on my nerves a bit, but tolerable and commical.

9/10[/quote]

Johnny Allen
15-06-2006, 16:44
The Sean stuff was good at first but he's being so over the top and I cant stand Jamie, what happened to the loveable rogue that originally came in the soap?

Babe14
17-06-2006, 10:28
Sean and his watch is becoming very boring not to mention childish.

The feud between Steve/Lloyd is starting to become boring, hope they sort it soon.

Jamie and Violet I like together better than Leanne and Jamie although they are kinda right for one another. Don't like Violet's new hairdo.

Naughty Diggory selling "stale" goods.

Katy
18-06-2006, 20:37
I have to admit i found tonights epsidoe very funny. Sean and Violet were so sweet. I though the fathers day bit was really good.

Sophie at the end had me in stitches, "i dont feel well" Ritas face was classic. However if she were sick over Sally it would have been funnier. A very good episode overall though.

Loving Amber, however Devs acting was still as poor as ever.

diamond1
18-06-2006, 21:32
i really like the whole jamie/sean friendship i can see sean managing to reconcile jamie and his dad in the future.

Chris_2k11
19-06-2006, 19:49
Typical Sally going OTT. I do wish this show would get into the 21st century.

Richie_lecturer
19-06-2006, 21:53
It is Chris. See the end of the credits. :)

Boring episodes again tonight, apart from the Platt stuff, and to Chris's disgust, the Webster stuff. The rest (Maria's bloke, Diggory and the pizza place, and Keith, was the same old rubbish).

Chris_2k11
19-06-2006, 22:03
Not good at the moment is it Richie.

Richie_lecturer
19-06-2006, 22:05
Nope but neither are its other two main rivals, one especially.

It is the summer I suppose, when the big storylines are normally locked away for the darker months. Could be worse. It could be the boxing match and Scooter's carp, which was last summer.

Chris_2k11
19-06-2006, 22:08
Not forgetting the ongoing Sharlie Saga.

Richie_lecturer
19-06-2006, 22:10
Didn't mind that myself. It wasn't a classic, but I didn't think it was as bad as people made out. Much of the other stuff was a total joke though, OTT panto 'comedy', as the Tony Wood era came to a scrappy end.

Chris_2k11
19-06-2006, 22:16
Yep, definitely not a memorable summer for the street.

Katy
20-06-2006, 07:29
I think that in a lot of ways it could e better, i have jst realised how much i dont like the character of Sarah platt, shes so annoying.

did like Gail taking David to school, even if she didnt succeed.

Babe14
20-06-2006, 08:51
I have to admit i found tonights epsidoe very funny. Sean and Violet were so sweet. I though the fathers day bit was really good.

Sophie at the end had me in stitches, "i dont feel well" Ritas face was classic. However if she were sick over Sally it would have been funnier. A very good episode overall though.

Loving Amber, however Devs acting was still as poor as ever.

I have to admit I quite enjoyed Sunday's episode,not bad.

Yes Dev's character is going downhill rapidly. When he first came into the street the character was good and I especially loved all the Dev/Sunita stuff but once that started to fall apart (due to Siobiata leaving) so did the character of Dev. His storylines are pointless. I'm not sure about the Dev/Amber storyline, I suppose they have made this a kind of "Sunita" substitute.

I like the Platt's, apart from Sarah who I can't stand, but |I'm enjoying all the stuff with David.

Babe14
21-06-2006, 10:34
Corrie appears to have gone into crap mode again.

Chris_2k11
21-06-2006, 13:31
It's started going downhill again since Mike died if you ask me.

Abbie
21-06-2006, 18:26
Corrie appears to have gone into crap mode again. yep i have been thinking that recently too, i mean i dont even mind if i miss it and if i miss a couple of episodes i can quickly get back to date, its jsut not interesting me at the moment.

Richie_lecturer
21-06-2006, 20:05
Tonight's episode was MUCH better. It was the same old stuff but it seems the writer, old veteran Peter Whalley, lifted the scenes immensely.

Characters like Shelley and Keith, who I have little time for, were much more bearable tonight. It probably shows that the recent weakness in Corrie is down to the writers, as much as the plots.

Best stuff again came from the Platts, though I feel it's about time they were given a break.

7.5/10

Katy
21-06-2006, 21:10
typical whenever some one on the street actually needs help there all sat inside having cups of tea or whathave you. The keith scenes were good and im really liking the partnership between Amber and Dev.

shannisrules
22-06-2006, 19:57
awww how sweet really reminded me of titanic dont know why it just did lol so will craig be there when rosie gets back?

Chris_2k11
23-06-2006, 19:44
Best stuff again came from the Platts, though I feel it's about time they were given a break.Best stuff? More like worst.

You're right, they really do need a break. I'm already getting bored of them as it is. Take them off screen till about August time? :searchme: and then bring them back. That's what I say anyway.

Richie_lecturer
23-06-2006, 21:08
Well I thought they were the best bits. :nono:

It would be better if Corrie didn't shove one family in our faces for ages, and then they disappear for ages. First the Baldwins, now the Platts. They need a better balance, where you see them a fair few times a week, but only briefly, rather than lots one minute and invisible the next.

Richie_lecturer
23-06-2006, 21:34
No Cadbury sponsors tonight? Wonder if it's anything to do with the chocolate scare story today?

Oh well, it's been 11 years, but it's nice to finally have Corrie without sponsors again!

kitty_uk
24-06-2006, 00:22
No Cadbury sponsors tonight? Wonder if it's anything to do with the chocolate scare story today?

Oh well, it's been 11 years, but it's nice to finally have Corrie without sponsors again!

didnt even notice lol, what chocolate scare ??

Babe14
24-06-2006, 08:51
Last couple of Episodes been good and quite enjoyable apart from:

Slapper Macdonald who has become very childish and pointless. Never been a huge fan of hers but she did work well with Jim and the twins in the past. Agree with Steve's comment "I can't take much more of this"

Not sad to see Shelley go, her character has become pontless and annoying.

Dev/Amber Growing on me and am starting to enjoy their storyline.

Loving the David storyline (Little B****r) and I do like the Platts apart from Sarah-Lou and enjoy their storylines. I can't believe how gullible Gail is being though

Sally, Annoying, Rosie and Craig heart touching and I liked the way Craig got Rosie to go on her trip in the end. Sophie is a little madam but enjoyable.

Like Steve and think that he should have more interesting and different storylines, rather than repetitive ones all the time. Some how though I have the feeling that Lloyd/Steve won't be working things out in the near future.

Richie_lecturer
24-06-2006, 17:33
didnt even notice lol, what chocolate scare ??
There's a thread somewhere on here about it.

Johnny Allen
25-06-2006, 07:53
Corrie has become a load of old rubbish lately. Keith is the most uninteresting and annoying character on the street, I couldn't care less about Diggory. Beth is bloody childish as is Lloyd who has gone from cheeky chappy to total bore. Steve constantly over-acting is now tedious, as is Sean. The only storylines that interest me at the moment are Gail and David's and Dev and his daughter. I think this soap is inneed of not only a decent villian but some more comical lines from Blance.

Babe14
25-06-2006, 09:36
Corrie has become a load of old rubbish lately. Keith is the most uninteresting and annoying character on the street, I couldn't care less about Diggory. Beth is bloody childish as is Lloyd who has gone from cheeky chappy to total bore. Steve constantly over-acting is now tedious, as is Sean. The only storylines that interest me at the moment are Gail and David's and Dev and his daughter. I think this soap is inneed of not only a decent villian but some more comical lines from Blance.

I mostly agree with you apart from a couple of points.

One is obviously Steve who I enjoy and think is a real character. However he does need some decent storylines. The feud between him and Lloyd is becoming very childish.

The other is, yes I agree Corrie isn't brilliant just now and was total crap earlier in the week. However I do feel that towards the end of the week it picked up a bit and became enjoyable - mainly because of David and his antics.

Yes Keith gets right up my nose too, along with the others I have already mentioned.

I agree with you totally about Blanche she cracks me up and is a real natural.

Cilla/Les mainly annoy me but there are times when I like them. Fizz and Kirk I like find them funny. I espec loved the scene in the back yard when Kirk was having a haircut and stood up to reveal the loo which he had been sitting on:lol:

Chris_2k11
25-06-2006, 17:47
Keith is the most uninteresting and annoying character on the streetI couldn't agree more with you on this. He is the most boring moody sod the show has had. I can't stand him. And I agree Corrie has got very boring these past few weeks.

kitty_uk
25-06-2006, 23:54
I like the Amber and Dev storyline and think sophie should get some more storylines as i think her comments are so funny

Chris_2k11
26-06-2006, 20:33
Boring again tonight. :moonie:

Richie_lecturer
26-06-2006, 20:36
Quite good tonight I thought actually Chris. :o

The Platt stuff was good. Loved Gail reading through Chaucer's Canterbury Tales with Audrey and not having a clue what 'swanking' meant. The look on David's face when he found out old 'Barlow' was home-tutoring him was a sight to behold.

The Sean stuff was quite good too this time. Funny that the actress who played Connie Clayton (no relation to Ronnie) in the 80s, returned to her old house!

Loving Leanne as the Fat Cat in Danny's absense! Janice was great too.

Shelley stuff was ok, mainly because it involved Betty and her words of wisdom!

Diggory was cringeworthy as ever, as was Les. Other than that, not bad at all. A good effort from Chris Fewtrell, who is one of the better writers at Corrie.

Still no Cadbury sponsors though which is good, though of course it's only a temporary break. It feels like the old days again.

Chris_2k11
26-06-2006, 20:47
Shelley stuff was ok, mainly because it involved Betty and her words of wisdom!I don't mind Betty but she never seems to get any storylines. She's just like an extra these days.
Not bothered about Shelley going. She's done nothing for months on end. :moonie:

Richie_lecturer
26-06-2006, 20:50
That's because sadly she is so old that she can't do them anymore. She's 86 now, so until she finally calls it a day you will just get very brief scenes with her every few weeks. This will be June Brown in a few years Easties fans as she's 80 in a few months time, so make the most of her regular appearances atm.

Shelley can't leave soon enough for me.

kitty_uk
26-06-2006, 23:44
I missed it, may wtch it on ITV 2 or the ombie

Babe14
28-06-2006, 08:08
Corrie has gone into crap mode yet again. However I'm still enjoying the David storyline but itlooks like his little plan is about to back fire. Can't wait to see Ken teaching him:lol:

And yes I too like Betty and would love her to have a storyline, surely she'd be o.k with a "mini" one. Nana Moon in Eastenders managed it.

The Sean storyline is o.k but he does annoy me at times.

Katy
28-06-2006, 10:24
Is there anyone ion the street who Ken Barlow hasnt taught!!!!!?????

Babe14
28-06-2006, 11:45
Is there anyone ion the street who Ken Barlow hasnt taught!!!!!?????

Well I guess one way or another he has taught someone something, espec the women on the street:lol:

I just love the banter between Ken and Blanche.

Richie_lecturer
28-06-2006, 16:23
And yes I too like Betty and would love her to have a storyline, surely she'd be o.k with a "mini" one. Nana Moon in Eastenders managed it.

Hilda Braid is nowhere near as old as Betty Driver though, over 10 years younger I think. Betty has also suffered from arthritis for many years too, so she would struggle to do much these days.

Katy
28-06-2006, 17:10
adn she used to run the pub as well so i reckon that took some doing. The devvy arms i think it was. Shes got to be in her 70s Betty Driver at least.

Chris_2k11
28-06-2006, 17:53
Oh my goodness she's 86! :eek: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0238107/

shannisrules
28-06-2006, 18:18
Oh my goodness she's 86! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0238107/

i guess we'll be seeig her exit soon then ,shes done well for herslef! and she doesnt look 86!

Richie_lecturer
28-06-2006, 22:49
I said she was 86 the other day. :nono: :rolleyes: She's far older than the rest of the oldies. I think the next oldest of the others is Eileen Derbyshire (Emily) who is 76.

Betty Driver said earlier this year she has no plans to retire yet, but I don't think she'll go on much longer.

I hope she stays until 2009 at least, when she will clock up 40 years at Corrie.

Grechen Franklin (Ethel) was in EE at the age of 89 until she was killed off in that wonderful episode with Dot, so there's no reason why Betty Driver couldn't continue until at least 90, although I don't think she will.

Pixie
30-06-2006, 18:59
wow! i new she was quite old but never would have thought she was 86!

Babe14
04-07-2006, 07:55
Betty certainly doesn't look it.

Corries is okish again. Charlie and Tracy really are a match for one another. Why oh why does Shelley have to poke her nose into things that don't concern her?

I felt sorry for Leanne the other night when she took the girls out, she really is trying to make an effort with them, they were so bitchy and ungrateful. Wonder if leanne will now swing the other way with them and start ruling them with a rod of steel!

Katy
04-07-2006, 08:02
Shes great Betty Driver, Barbara Knox must be getting on a bit now mustnt she.

Loved the Davind and Ken scenes last night they had me in stitches. ashley is so annoying and did anyone else see the size of Claires bump in the firrst episode it was huge. I think Corrie gave her the wrong size.

Richie_lecturer
04-07-2006, 13:35
Barbara Knox is in her early 70s now.

Babe14
05-07-2006, 10:39
Not a bad episode on Monday. Blanche and Ken were on form again just love the banter between these two.
Charlie is so evil but a character who I love to hate. I thought the scen in The Rovers was funny when Shelley threw Tracy out but said Charlie could stay and he did. Looks like he's set on going after Shelley again, obviously hatching a plan of revenge for the "baby" Home Alone incident.

Liked the scene in the restaurant with Liz/Bev/Stve and Shelley where both Steve/Shelley walked out and made varius coments to each of their mothers. Classic comment from Steve here.:lol:

Claire/Ashley storyline becoming boring. Ye I too saw the size of the ridiculous bump!!

Babe14
10-07-2006, 11:02
Enjoyable episode Friday.

I quite like Shelley /Steve they would make quite a nice couple but just for a casual realtionship.

Charlie is gettng more jealous by the episode or is he playing one of his games again? Maybe he'll lead Shelley on so far and then turn round and tell her no chance, reason being revenge for sticking her nose in the other night. Or perhaps this is Charlie's revenge on Tracy or more point scoring?
One thing I like about the character you never really know what he is up to!
Glad to see Keith gone at last I found him really cringe worthy, shame about Craig quite liked him. It was really nice of David to try and get him a bed at his place and I loved the way he laid into Sarah-Lou espec the comment about Beth "It's o.k to have a baby who pooks everywhere, cries at night and keeps you awake":lol:

Chris_2k11
10-07-2006, 19:39
Has Shelley completely lost the plot? :searchme:

Sat in the Rovers having a nice cosy drink with Charlie?! :searchme:

littlemo
10-07-2006, 22:37
Missed the first 10 minutes of this episode, but I actually thought it was very good. What a slimeball Charlie is! Has sex with Shelley, and then goes home and has Tracy, with no conscience whatsoever!

As I said didn't see the beginning, but how Shelley got herself into that mess, I don't know. I'm glad she's leaving and can make a fresh start away from him. He's a real user, and she doesn't want to be associated with the likes of him.

Pixie
10-07-2006, 22:49
silly silly Shelly! cant believe she slept with him!

Cornishbabe
10-07-2006, 22:53
Um am i missing something? they didnt sleep together they only kissed!

Chris_2k11
10-07-2006, 22:55
Well if that's your idea of kissing...

:ninja:

Cornishbabe
10-07-2006, 22:56
Well if that's your idea of kissing...

:ninja:

Didnt they just kiss behind the bar.:searchme:

Chris_2k11
10-07-2006, 22:59
Yeah but then things went a little further..

Luckily we weren't shown the details though :eek: :lol:

alvinsduckie
10-07-2006, 23:00
no--he did sleep with her, and then made it seem that he was trying to bed her as a personal bet. Both of them claimed to be using each other

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=6216

Cornishbabe
10-07-2006, 23:00
Yeah but then things went a little further..

Luckily we weren't shown the details though :eek: :lol:

You've got me thinking now. It was only a few hours ago but i cant rememeber anything like that.

littlemo
10-07-2006, 23:03
It wasn't really left up to the imagination, it was obvious as to what was going on. I thought it was very provocative.

Then at the end with Charlie and Tracy, they can show a lot more on soaps these days can't they?! I like that they can do that. It shouldn't all be so secretive.

tammyy2j
11-07-2006, 10:53
I love Charlie and that devlish smile of his bedding Shelley and Tracey on the same night. I do like Charlie and Shelley as a couple even after everything he did to her. I think it would be nice if Shelley became pregnant.

Skits
11-07-2006, 17:18
god that charlie is so evil. he's probably damaged shelley to the extent she was before.

Babe14
12-07-2006, 08:55
Yes Charlie is evil and I just love it. Shelley was just so stupid as it was pretty obvious that Charlie was just "toying" with her proving that he could still have her if he wanted. I don't really know why she is making such a big deal out of it as she is off to start a new life.

Loving Steve and Tracy.

Did anyone else notice that everyone suddenly started to crave a Pizza at midnight? Speaking of which I just loved it after Charlie had sex with Shelley he walkd into Diggorys and asked for a pizza saying he was starving:rotfl: (Just where does he put it all, he had just eaten a huge plate of spag!!)

Blanche on form as usual and I just cracked up at her comment to Sean about how could anyone admit to having him for a son:rotfl:

Corrie seems to be back on form again. Not brilliant but good.

P.S. Sarah-Lou/ Sean very annoying

littlemo
12-07-2006, 19:42
How evil is Charlie?! Shelley's going to turn the tables on him though. Looking forward to it!

littlemo
12-07-2006, 19:59
:clap: Well done Shelley!

Fabulous!

I'd love to swipe the smile off Tracey's face as well! What a bitch?!

DaVeyWaVey
12-07-2006, 22:31
Shelley certainly showed Charlie tonight!! Good on her! :thumbsup:

Charlie is one nasty piece of work but luckily Shelley took control tonight....for once!

Chris_2k11
13-07-2006, 11:18
What happened last night? I only saw about the first 10 minutes.

DaVeyWaVey
13-07-2006, 17:36
What happened last night? I only saw about the first 10 minutes.

Basically, Bev and Liz thought that Shelley had her lucky night with Steve but as we know she slept with Charlie, she ended up telling Violet that she slept with Charlie...then Shelley blackmailed Charlie into apologising to her because if he wouldn't she would tell Tracy that they slept together, Shelley took real control!!

Charlie left a saw lying around and Joshua ended up cutting his finger, and Ashley ended up having a go at Claire and said she needed to keep more of an eye on Joshua.

Adam ended up taking Blanche on his date with Joanne, that was quite funny!

That's all i can remember. :)

Babe14
14-07-2006, 07:06
At last Shelley has stopped being a door mat, nice one, that really did knock that smile off of Charlie's face, I think that he is going to have it wiped off a bit more....
Blanche getting drunk and upset at Joanne saying she was 90, hillarious:rotfl:
Adam can't really take to.

Not bad viewing:)

littlemo
14-07-2006, 21:09
I liked the stuff with Matt and Ashley tonight. I would be none the wiser after the talk Ashley gave to Josh though, 'that's your new dad' pointing at the picture. O.k.

I like all these family based storylines they are doing in soaps at the moment. There's a lot of it going on in EE as well. It's good.

Chris_2k11
14-07-2006, 21:14
That slap off Tracy was pitiful.

Babe14
16-07-2006, 09:17
Enjoyable episode on Friday espec as both Charlie and Tracy got their comeuppance. Ashley/Clare/Matt battle hopefully this is all sorted now as it dragged on a bit. I did however enjoy the Ashley/Joshua scene where he was telling his son that he had an xtra daddy.awww..

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 09:20
Has Claire had the baby yet. Caught a tiny bit last week and she looked very pregnant!!!

Babe14
16-07-2006, 09:22
Has Claire had the baby yet. Caught a tiny bit last week and she looked very pregnant!!!

No not yet, she put the wind up Ashley though before they went to court by mentioning something about going into labour:lol:

Johnny Allen
19-07-2006, 09:04
right at this moment Corrie is doing my head in, more so than Eastenders. All they ever do is mope about and never listen. Ashley is grating on me with his constant reactions towards Matt, Nathan is annoying me, Charlie and Tracy are becoming less interesting. The only saviour seems to be Blanche, I mean where is Norris when you need him?

Luna
19-07-2006, 10:25
wasnt claire wee baby just gorgeous??? wonder what they are going to call him.

tracey needs a good kick up the backside hope she gets whats coming to her soon

parkerman
19-07-2006, 11:51
wasnt claire wee baby just gorgeous??? wonder what they are going to call him.

I think Matt would be a good name...

Katy
19-07-2006, 14:33
lol yeah after the man who delivered it. I cant see it myself somehow. I thought it was so funny how maria and Frankie were all gossiping about who the ambulance was for. As for Diggery has he gone for good now.

alvinsduckie
21-07-2006, 21:16
Since they have 1 child with a biblical name, maybe they should name this baby Zacariah?

Zack and Josh =) kinda has a ring to it

kitty_uk
21-07-2006, 22:49
I liked it when they surgested Elliot Peacock

Babe14
23-07-2006, 08:33
Good episodes this week.
Lovely to see Maria in tears again:) So now she wants Tyrone back because no one else wants her, I really hope that Ty doesn't givei n to her and sticks with Molly. Molly genuinely likes Ty for who he is and they are perfect for one another. Still it's nice to see Ty mixed up in a love triangle.

Frankie/Danny - Glad that she gave Nathan the boot, can't stand him he is right up his a""". Hope that Frankie tells Danny to get lost too, however if she doesn't they could well both end up going to Spain together to start afresh. If this was to happen where would this leave Leanne.(going to be interesting as all three are due to leave)
Steve/Lloyd glad that their friendship is back on track again.
Liz/Vernon - Waste of space. When did he get his kit back and where was it?
Blanche commical as ever
Roy on form as usual, I do like his character.

alan45
23-07-2006, 10:22
Good episodes this week.
Lovely to see Maria in tears again:) So now she wants Tyrone back because no one else wants her, I really hope that Ty doesn't givei n to her and sticks with Molly. Molly genuinely likes Ty for who he is and they are perfect for one another. Still it's nice to see Ty mixed up in a love triangle.

Frankie/Danny - Glad that she gave Nathan the boot, can't stand him he is right up his a""". Hope that Frankie tells Danny to get lost too, however if she doesn't they could well both end up going to Spain together to start afresh. If this was to happen where would this leave Leanne.(going to be interesting as all three are due to leave)
Steve/Lloyd glad that their friendship is back on track again.
Liz/Vernon - Waste of space. When did he get his kit back and where was it?
Blanche commical as ever
Roy on form as usual, I do like his character. Yes another good week for Corrie. Some excellent storylines coming to a head.

I hope Tyrone has more wit than to go back to Maria. I think Vernon should pack his van and VANish. He really is a waste of space. What is the point in him.

DaVeyWaVey
23-07-2006, 10:24
I missed this week's Corrie episodes, hopefully i will catch them later on the itv2 omnibus. :)

Babe14
23-07-2006, 11:48
Yes another good week for Corrie. Some excellent storylines coming to a head.

I hope Tyrone has more wit than to go back to Maria. I think Vernon should pack his van and VANish. He really is a waste of space. What is the point in him.

:rotfl: VANish. He has to take that annoying Liz with him. Yes Vernon has been a total waste,(or to nick your famous phrase a "pointless character") mind you he has a storyline coming up.(Yawn)
We have new storylines coming up, one obviously being the Tyrone love triangle, but it sounds pretty much the same sort of stuff about love.
Still Corrie is quite good at the mo.

alan45
23-07-2006, 12:29
:rotfl: VANish. He has to take that enoying Liz with him. Still Corrie is quite good at the mo. NO Liz must stay. She is just what the Rovers needs. I think she will be an excellent mangeress. Im looking forward to scenes between her and Tracyluv

Chris_2k11
23-07-2006, 12:34
To be fair though, there isn't really much left for Liz anymore. She was good back in the days with Jim but now she's just becoming pointless (like many of the characters in Corrie these days).

alan45
23-07-2006, 12:38
To be fair though, there isn't really much left for Liz anymore. She was good back in the days with Jim but now she's just becoming pointless (like many of the characters in Corrie these days). Liz's character has potential though and Bev Callard is a good actress. I would like Jim back from the Big House so I would as I think they made a good double act. To be fair to Corrie they have got rid of some of the dead wood recently.

Chris_2k11
23-07-2006, 20:18
A good episode tonight apart from annoying Maria.

Richie_lecturer
23-07-2006, 21:45
Actually I thought it was a good episode, partly BECAUSE of Maria, but mainly down to Danny & Leanne. Jane Danson and Bradley Walsh did a superb job. The stuff with the Peacocks and Vermin were the only things letting the side down tonight.

Babe14
24-07-2006, 09:08
To be fair though, there isn't really much left for Liz anymore. She was good back in the days with Jim but now she's just becoming pointless (like many of the characters in Corrie these days).

I agree Liz was good with Jim (although she has always got up my nose)and the kids but once Jim had gone then Liz became pointless. Her character has become a waste of space, all she has these days is childish, pathetic and pointless scripts/storylines.

Will let you all know what I thought about last night's Corrie later:)

Katy
24-07-2006, 10:44
I felt so sorry for Leanne she really didnt deserve it. Great scenes from Danny and Leanne, Frankiie is no way going to take him back. I hope she doesnt anyway. Maria should have learnt her lesson the first time, really Glad Tyrone did not take her back.

Chris_2k11
25-07-2006, 00:04
Really good couple of episodes tonight I thought.

Highlight being - Leanne B. :bow: :cool:

Lowlight being - Sarah P. :thumbsdow :wall:

Babe14
25-07-2006, 09:48
Sunday's epi was good.
Good ole Tyrone telling Maria no. She really has got her just desserts. All that time she messed Tyrone about, used him, took advantage of him it has all come full circle and exploded in her face. Very much a case of too little too late.
Poor Leanne I felt sorry for her and really hope that smug Danny's plan to get back with Frankie blows up in his face. My instincts are telling me that he is going to be left with nothing. Afterall Janice/Leanne know about Mike's real will and that Adam is the inheriter of Underworld not Danny.
Liz/Vernon making up:sick: go away both of you.
Steve/Lloyd good as always.

Babe14
25-07-2006, 09:49
Lowlight being - Sarah P. :thumbsdow :wall:

That's the advantage of recording you can always skip over the irritating bits.:lol:

Katy
25-07-2006, 10:44
Sarah was so irritating, The Leanne scenes with Janice and Danny were really good, and they were really well filmed and written. I liked the scenes at the peacocks with Roy and Hayley. They were really good episodes all round. Charlie and Tracy were quite funny as well. I loved it when he said

"next time you do a bit of glossing keep the windows open".

Richie_lecturer
25-07-2006, 11:31
Leanne B. :bow:

No don't make Leanne bow or it will set her contraptions off. :p

Babe14
25-07-2006, 11:45
No don't make Leanne bow or it will set her contraptions off. :p

shouldn' that be contractions? She's had the baby:):p

Richie_lecturer
25-07-2006, 12:01
I know, but she's still pregnant in Corrie (well Jane is of course, not Leanne). :)

Babe14
26-07-2006, 12:12
I know, but she's still pregnant in Corrie (well Jane is of course, not Leanne). :)

Going by the size of her I doubt if she could bow:)

Enjoyable double epi Monday.
Leanne was brilliant and I really hope she leaves Danny a broken man, please Frankie don't spoil this by taking the smarmy G"" back.

Roy/Haley with the Peacocks baby was a nice scene. However I do think that Ashley/Clare have become boring.
Charlie/Tracy on form as usual.

Johnny Allen
31-07-2006, 12:41
I'd love to have a life like Adam and Jamies just sit in the pub drinking all day. Seriously do these guys not have lifes, drink all day and have stupid digs at Danny, somehow Danny always comes out on top. Be glad when that muppet Adam and his dodgy hair leave.

EE Rocks
31-07-2006, 12:54
Switched on to watch yesterday and it was it's usual dross.

Leanne/Danny crap just keep going round in circles.

Couldn't care less about Craig/Keith

Just all boring!!!

Richie_lecturer
31-07-2006, 13:58
Whatever you say, Gossip Queen. :cool:

alan45
31-07-2006, 15:03
Switched on to watch yesterday and it was it's usual dross.

Leanne/Danny crap just keep going round in circles.

Couldn't care less about Craig/Keith

Just all boring!!!

Thanks for that incisive and interesting post.:rolleyes: The Leanne and Danny story is building up nicely and will reach its climax shortly but then if you havent been watching you wont care or be aware.:rolleyes:

Chris_2k11
31-07-2006, 19:57
Classic Blanche with the envelope thing haha. :D

Oh and typical Sally with the video. :rolleyes:

Chris_2k11
31-07-2006, 21:04
That end scene was a bit laughable with Danny. :D "If I ever see you again.. I'll kill ya!" :eek: :ninja: :lol:

AS IF!

tammyy2j
01-08-2006, 13:56
We see Charlie eyeing up Maria now i'm glad i hate Tracey

Johnny Allen
01-08-2006, 14:36
That end scene was a bit laughable with Danny. :D "If I ever see you again.. I'll kill ya!" :eek: :ninja: :lol:

AS IF!

:rotfl: as was Adam's threatning postures towards Danny, how can you take a guy with such awful hair, a girly coat and a stupid accent seriously, all I do is laugh at his scenes.

Katy
01-08-2006, 14:53

AS IF!
I know, Since when have you ever been allowed to say messages that long on answerphones.

Babe14
02-08-2006, 09:53
Surely Danny has just piled up more evidence against himself by making that phone call to Leanne.
He denies that another Will exists to Adam, claims that Mike wasn't himself so he could of made numerous Wills and then he goes and makes that call telling Leanne that she has shafted him and threatened to kill her. Leanne being of course the one who gave Adam the copy of the Will in the first place. I'm not sure if a copy of a document such as a Will, will stand up in court when it is being contested, I would of thought that in such a case the original would be required as a copy could of easily been forged or changed.
I'm looking forward to that smile being knocked off Danny's face and hopefully Adam getting what is rightfully his. However I'm hoping that if Adam does get everything that a certain member of a new family will somehow take over the knicker factory.

Johnny Allen
02-08-2006, 10:29
Surely Danny has just piled up more evidence against himself by making that phone call to Leanne.
He denies that another Will exists to Adam, claims that Mike wasn't himself so he could of made numerous Wills and then he goes and makes that call telling Leanne that she has shafted him and threatened to kill her. Leanne being of course the one who gave Adam the copy of the Will in the first place. I'm not sure if a copy of a document such as a Will, will stand up in court when it is being contested, I would of thought that in such a case the original would be required as a copy could of easily been forged or changed.
I'm looking forward to that smile being knocked off Danny's face and hopefully Adam getting what is rightfully his. However I'm hoping that if Adam does get everything that a certain member of a new family will somehow take over the knicker factory.

see me, I want Danny to keep the lot, but than I cant stand Adam or the actor that plays him. Adam wont get everything though will he because by rights Danny owns half of the factory already, how much would I love to see Blanche running it. But I dont think the will will stand up as Ken and Danny have already said its a copy so may not be seem genuine.

Babe14
02-08-2006, 11:19
I don't like Adam either. So if Danny is disappearing for a while, as Bradley Walsh is taking abreak then I wonder if the two male members of the new family will somehow end up running underworld as they both have rag trade experience, albeit dodgy
I don't mind Danny as a character as he livens things up in the street, I suppose I love/hate him but I can't stand the actor who plays him. I reallly hope that Frankie doesn't take him back as I really want to see Danny down on his knees to pay for what he has done to Frankie/Jamie and yes even him with the weird hairdo.:lol:

parkerman
02-08-2006, 13:32
Can't stand him!!!??? Bradley Walsh is great.

Now then, can you just imagine Adam running the factory and coping with all those women....hmmmm...

Richie_lecturer
02-08-2006, 17:56
I'm dreading the increasing role of wooden Adam in the soap. God helps us if he gets the lot, but surely that's not possible as Danny already legally owns 49% of the factory. :confused:

..and yes I think Bradley Walsh is the perfect replacement for Johnny Briggs.

Chris_2k11
05-08-2006, 08:33
This Sarah & Jason crap is really starting to get on my wick. :wall: I wish they'd both bugger off into the sunset and not come back!! :thumbsup:

Babe14
05-08-2006, 08:36
This Sarah & Jason crap is really starting to get on my wick. :wall: I wish they'd both bugger off into the sunset and not come back!! :thumbsup:

:rotfl: :rotfl: couldn't of put it better myself:lol:

CrazyLea
05-08-2006, 08:47
Yes I agree.. especially whiny Sarah :angry:
Yesterdays episode was pretty boring, not much happened.

Richie_lecturer
05-08-2006, 15:53
I agree, but I do like the old animosity between Gail & Eileen, because of their plans to wed.

Katy
05-08-2006, 15:56
i know, its a pointless storyline. As Ritchie said the only good thing is the mothers trying to stop the wedding. Cant stand Adam Either, hes being such a spoilt little brat and you just want to punch that smug smile right of his ugly little face.

Babe14
06-08-2006, 09:46
:lol: at Blanche the other night.
Danny knocks at the door, Blanche answers:

"Oh I wouldn't of got out of my chair if I'd realised it was you"

Danny: "I have a propersition for Adam"
Blanche: "I have one for you":lol:
Danny: "Well Can I go first in this instance"

They go into the Barlow house:
Blanche: "The vulture is here":lol:

I absolutely hate Bradley Walsh but I like the character Danny and think that he is definitely Mike Baldwin Mark II. He has his mannerisms, Cockiness, Couldn't careless attitude and a ladies man.
But I do hope that he ends up with nothing for betraying Mike's wishes and for what he did to Frankie and Jamie.

I agree Sarah/Jason - pointless. Eileen/Gail I'm finding their behaviour very childish.

Blanche/Danny were the best thing about Friday's episode, and evil Charlie making his move towards Maria.

parkerman
06-08-2006, 10:00
I just can't understand how anyone can "hate" Bradley Walsh. He is a great actor and has brought a breath of fresh air to Coronation Street. His playing of Danny is spot on.

p.s. He used to be a good footballer too!:cheer:

alan45
06-08-2006, 10:10
I just can't understand how anyone can "hate" Bradley Walsh. He is a great actor and has brought a breath of fresh air to Coronation Street. His playing of Danny is spot on.

p.s. He used to be a good footballer too!:cheer: I agree with you. I wasnt that fond of him when he first arrived but now he has really fitted into the role. He is a worthy successor to Uncle Mike. Much superior to whiny Adam and his ridiculous hair-do. Oh how I would love to punch him:ninja:

Babe14
06-08-2006, 10:12

There is nothing wrong with his acting and in Corrie he is likeable. In reality he is far too up his own a""" for my liking and he never shuts up when he is being interviewed. He does a one person "chat" all the time.
I felt the same way about Shane Ritchie, Loved Alfie but hated the actor.

I repeat the character is a good one and no disagreement there.

Richie_lecturer
06-08-2006, 12:35

Yes he used to play for Brentford. I think they could do with him right now!

I agree, Bradley has taken over from Johnny Briggs' position like a hand to a glove.

Katy
06-08-2006, 15:54
I really like Bradley Walsh, I think Brentford would be happy to take him back at the minute. I just dont like Danny the character at the moment. Hes nearly as bad as adam. I wish this flaming wedding would be over and donr with as well. Im fed up of useles characters like Sarah take up screen time.

Johnny Allen
07-08-2006, 12:16
Bradley Walsh and the actress that plays Blanche are the best things on the show, if it wasnt for their humour than I would switch of.

Katy
07-08-2006, 12:18
Definatly blanche is so funny especially when shes haveing a scene with Tracy, and I love Sophie as well. She so funny poor chesney last night.

Craig and Rooosie are back unfortunatly. Does anyone else think there storyline is boring.

indorising
08-08-2006, 12:42
I love little Chesney, I felt so bad for him! Loved Cilla vs Sally, they are funny. What are they going to do with Joanne? She's too hot and talented to be in the background.

Babe14
09-08-2006, 10:20
Glad to see that smug grin wiped off of Danny's face, even if it was by Adam but at least Ken was involved also. Can't help feeling though that Danny may have something up his sleeve.

Jason/Sarah aaaarrrrghhhhhh

Rosie/Craig they are o.k I like them but they need more of a storyline as they are in danger of becoming like Sarah/Jason.

Sally grates on the nerves.

Chesney cute as ever, Les/Cilla o.k funny but a bit in your face at times.

Not too bad.

DaVeyWaVey
11-08-2006, 21:43
An average episode tonight, i don't understand why Gail and Eileen can't just be happy for Sarah and Jason. They should forget about the past and support their children..not walk out on them on their stag and hen parties!

I can't believe Maria kissed Charlie at the end, she will obviously be his next victim, i can't believe she is going to be fooled!

I don't blame Sally and Kevin for being mad at Rosie, don't understand why Craig would rather live in a squat though when he was offered a bed in the same house as his girlfriend :searchme:

Overall 5/10. :)

Richie_lecturer
11-08-2006, 21:59
don't understand why Craig would rather live in a squat though when he was offered a bed in the same house as his girlfriend :searchme:

Maybe he doesn't like fish fingers....

littlemo
11-08-2006, 23:21
Maybe he doesn't like fish fingers....

Yeah lol!

I can understand actually. If he's at there's they'll be keeping tabs on him, he knows how overbearing they can be to Rosie.

Plus they won't allow them to be 'together' at their house whereas if he had some place of his own. They can spend more time together alone.

parkerman
12-08-2006, 13:11
I'm not usually a violent man, but I would be quite happy to make an exception in the case of Adam....:wall:

Richie_lecturer
12-08-2006, 16:43
Me too. I'd rip that giant crows nest off his head for a start.

What an idiot 'Mr Barlow' is. :mad: :rolleyes:

Chris_2k11
12-08-2006, 16:54
Just make sure you don't ever plan on giving his local hairdressers a visit :rotfl: That's my advice. :p

Richie_lecturer
12-08-2006, 17:27
Local hairdressers? It looks to me like he did it (badly) himself.

parkerman
12-08-2006, 18:56
Perhaps David did it for him at Audrey's one day...:confused:

alan45
12-08-2006, 19:52
Me too. I'd rip that giant crows nest off his head for a start.
:

Just rip his head off:ninja: And I thought Juan Kin was a place in China

DaVeyWaVey
13-08-2006, 20:05
An ok episode today, not much really happening though...can't believe Maria is falling for Charlie's charms....Charlie is making her into one desperate woman.

I hope Gail and Eileen finally approve of Sarah and Jason's wedding tomorrow but i do think that they don't make a good couple. :)

Michelle is back...i can't wait to see what producers have in store for her character.

Overall 6/10. :)

littlemo
13-08-2006, 23:06
I had my doubts about Sarah and Jason, when Jason left Violet for her. There was so much love between Jason and Violet, and everything seemed to be so forced with Sarah, but watching them recently they are good together. I think the writers have made Jason fall for Sarah in a genuine way. Which is strange because there's rarely a happy ending for a couple who start as an affair. It's getting a lot better!

Johnny Allen
14-08-2006, 10:56
better than some of the recent episodes, I suprisingly like Michelle (whats wrong with me?). Eileen is still one of the funniest on the show along with Blanche and Danny of course.

Richie_lecturer
14-08-2006, 11:11
better than some of the recent episodes,
I agree.

I suprisingly like Michelle (whats wrong with me?).
Nothing, I agree too, although it's still early to say whether I will like her once she gets her first storyline soon. We'll see.

Eileen is still one of the funniest on the show along with Blanche and Danny of course.
Absolutely.

parkerman
14-08-2006, 11:43
Eileen is still one of the funniest on the show along with Blanche and Danny of course.

I agree with that.

Hmmm. Thinks...New story line. Eileen and Danny get together and get married. Blanche is asked to be chief bridesmaid. Norris is best man.:cheer:

Richie_lecturer
14-08-2006, 11:56
Or how about Eileen and Gail marry. :eek:

That would be no ordinary wedding, it would be a shotgun wedding!

DaVeyWaVey
15-08-2006, 18:18
I can't believe Jason and Sarah didn't get married...i found the ending really unconvincing, we were meant to believe that Jason sent a text to Sarah saying he couldn't go through with it but in fact they were both determined to get married in the first place!

Very dissapointing...:thumbsdow

Babe14
16-08-2006, 12:05
So what happened to Jason and why did he suddenly decide to do a runner after his mum turned up with Gail??

Adam/Danny feud is the Barlow/Baldwin feud refuelled, enjoying it even though I can't stand Adam he is so up himself, hopefully he will fall soon with alittle help of course from Danny...

Michelle early days yet.
Vernon has to GO!! Along with Liz!

Slow viewing at the moment.

Richie_lecturer
16-08-2006, 12:14
Yes get rid of Vermin, but keep Liz!

Johnny Allen
17-08-2006, 08:59
Charlie has turned from psychotic bullying boyfriend to childish prankster, I mean are we really supposed to believe a guy like Charlie would go around messing with the taps, he'd just make a move on Maria, not pussy foot around.

It seems to me like Corrie are doing character personality changes like EE. Most notably Adam, who has gone from a charming shy young man to a floppy haired, self centred arrogant man, yeah thats some change for sure.

Yesterdays had its moments, I wasn't interested in Charlie and Maria, and if Rosie mentions that Laura again I will come around and smack her myself. But Audrey, Gail and Eileen squaring of to each in the street with lots of digs was tv gold.

DaVeyWaVey
17-08-2006, 14:00
Another ok episode last night...Gail and Audrey squaring up to Eileen in the Street was the best moment of last night's episode, brilliant stuff! I hope their rivalry continues.

Nothing else last night really stood out for me, still not decided on Michelle, she seems like a good character but needs more screen time to prove herself.

Overall 5/10.

Richie_lecturer
17-08-2006, 21:58
Charlie has turned from psychotic bullying boyfriend to childish prankster, I mean are we really supposed to believe a guy like Charlie would go around messing with the taps, he'd just make a move on Maria, not pussy foot around.
I don't know, I found that quite convincing actually. Bill and Samia have far more chemistry than Bill & Kate Ford. :rolleyes:

It seems to me like Corrie are doing character personality changes like EE. Most notably Adam, who has gone from a charming shy young man to a floppy haired, self centred arrogant man, yeah thats some change for sure.
Adam's always had the same personality - a useless and annoying
one. :wall:

Yesterdays had its moments, I wasn't interested in Charlie and Maria, and if Rosie mentions that Laura again I will come around and smack her myself. But Audrey, Gail and Eileen squaring of to each in the street with lots of digs was tv gold.
I agree, that was great stuff.

kitty_uk
18-08-2006, 00:45
Yes get rid of Vermin, but keep Liz!

I totally agree :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Babe14
18-08-2006, 08:18
I quite liked Charlie/Maria and hope that Maria/Tracy go head to head at some point in the future. Charlie's storylines are the same but at the same time he manages to make them interesting and the character likeable, your always wondering what he's going to do next or whose going to be his next victim.
I also liked the Eileen Audrey confrontation. Nice to see Sarah-Lou upset:)
I almost threw up when Vernon propersitioned Michelle..yuck!!
You could see Steve taking an interest in her:)
Michelle is O.k for me at the moment and I think that as time goes on things will become very interesting with her and her family.
Sorry but Liz still has to go!! Maybe she could run off with Adam:lol:

alan45
18-08-2006, 09:05
Sorry but Liz still has to go!! Maybe she could run off with Adam:lol:

I like Liz and would love to see her reunited with Big Jim if he ever gets out of the Big House

As for Adam he could always run off with Vermin and that way we could be rid of two useless characters. In fact if Traceyluv joined them in a menage a trois:eek: it would be even better

Babe14
18-08-2006, 09:44
I like Liz and would love to see her reunited with Big Jim if he ever gets out of the Big House
Now if that happened I could accept and tolerate Liz as these two were great together and there is always drama whenever this happens. Remember the last time they were reunited and Big J got out of the Big House, what an episode or three that was!!

As for Adam he could always run off with Vermin and that way we could be rid of two useless characters. In fact if Traceyluv joined them in a menage a trois:eek: it would be even better

:rotfl: :eek: :eek: Adam/Tracy are you trying to recreate the Brookside "brother/Sister" scenareo??
I do like Tracy and feel she makes things interesting. However I think the time has come now for Charlie to ditch her and concentrate on Manipulating Maria:)(Where's an evil grin when you want one)Or even better he could torture Sarah-Lou hee hee

alan45
18-08-2006, 10:53
Adam/Tracy are you trying to recreate the Brookside "brother/Sister"

Well Im sure Traceyluv would be up for it. Keep it in the family. After all Adam has a lot going for him. He has a HUGE

Ego and wallet:p

Babe14
18-08-2006, 11:11
Well Im sure Traceyluv would be up for it. Keep it in the family. After all Adam has a lot going for him. He has a HUGE
Ego and wallet:p

Your a cheeky one!:rotfl: :rotfl: