PDA

View Full Version : Simon MacCorkindale interview

irish eyes
19-10-2005, 16:00
Just found this over at the beebs casualty site

Exclusive interviews with the Casualty cast!

Simon MacCorkindale Actor: Simon MacCorkindale

Character: Harry Harper

Role: Clinical Director

Q: So what's coming up for Harry in this series?
SIMON: He’s down on his luck as far as the ladies are concerned. He got turned down by Lara and Selena. He’s not been in the doldrums about it, he’s just been very single-minded about work and the lighter side of him has not really been seen. So, we’ll see a bit of that.

But now he's actually going to have a relationship. I don’t know an enormous amount about it, because I like to be surprised by what they throw up. That becomes part of the challenge, as you go, ‘Is that the story they’re going to do? How am I going to get around that one?’

Q: So you're leaving it to the wind?
SIMON: I leave a little bit to the wind. I hear stuff that’s coming up but certainly he's going to have a relationship over the next few months.

Q: He hasn't had much luck with the ladies of late?
SIMON: No, not really. He had a deep love and respect for Lara but he was rejected and was very hurt. Then with Selena, he told her he had feelings for her but she rejected him.

Q: Do you think he was in love with Lara?
SIMON: Yes, he was deeply, deeply in love with her. In a kind of way, he won Lara. Harry was the person she turned to when she needed a lift to the airport. Harry does actually talk to Lara from time to time. In a couple of early episode of series 19, we played it that I might have actually been talking to her. The characters disappear so quickly that I like being able to reference them. I reference Tally from time to time. I think they're little gifts for the audience who watch the show regularly and if anybody doesn't know who they are, then it doesn't matter. Of course, there is a slight resistance not to over confuse the audience. Harry still has a picture of Beth in his office. I really do believe the audience pick up on a lot of stuff.

Q: Will Harry ever find true love?
SIMON: Well, you know he might.

Q: Are we going to see a bit more of the human side of him?
SIMON: I hope so. Who knows?

Q: Let the consultant sit back and let the man come out?
SIMON: Why not? See him at home with his shirt off. No, that's too much!

bubblegum_fairy
19-10-2005, 16:06
Yeah I read that... looks like it was a long time ago though this was done as we all know who his new love intrest is!

I hope Harry will find true love with Dr Donavan.... as that would be so sweet... hehe I'm obsessed.

Good interview though.... seems like he wondered a bit about the stroyline though

xCharliex
19-10-2005, 17:44
Talking of him he was at Horse of the Year Show on Sunday in B'ham, he did a speech at the end which was quite a touching one, had the most amazing day there was really surprised to see him there, never knew he was a horse fan!

Rolf Harris and Jodie Kidd were also there

pookie1968uk
19-10-2005, 19:50
please dont let that mean he will have a relationship with ellen.

Jessie Wallace
20-10-2005, 00:14
Talking of him he was at Horse of the Year Show on Sunday in B'ham, he did a speech at the end which was quite a touching one, had the most amazing day there was really surprised to see him there, never knew he was a horse fan!

Rolf Harris and Jodie Kidd were also there

Yeah, he has got loads of horses, his wife helps him to look after them all. He was talking about it on Des and Mel, a while ago, it was very intresting.

$sTaCeY$
20-10-2005, 09:19
please dont let that mean he will have a relationship with ellen.

I dont want harry to have a relationship with ellen either but it looks like it is going to happen :(

bubblegum_fairy
20-10-2005, 12:01
I dont want harry to have a relationship with ellen either but it looks like it is going to happen :(

well i have to ditto, that its a unruley- strange combination, but Ellen has to be up to something, as she's gone all nicey for some reason and I read in an interview ith Georgi (Ellen) its still sll part of getting revenge on Selena.

Simon has a farm doesn't he....

I love horses

xCharliex
20-10-2005, 17:48
Yeah, he has got loads of horses, his wife helps him to look after them all. He was talking about it on Des and Mel, a while ago, it was very intresting.

Really? cool i never knew that! He must be pretty well known on the horse front then, was really surprised, thanks for that info