PDA

View Full Version : contestants unhappy with how they are being treated

Bad Wolf
16-10-2005, 12:15
X Factor finalists are unhappy with the way they are being treated by the show's bosses.

The singers, who are living together at a house in North London, have compared the strict regime introduced by producers to a World War II PoW camp.

Carl Pemberton of Journey South and favourite Shayne Ward are celebrating birthdays this weekend, but were warned not to throw parties after last night's live show.

"Carl and Shayne feel pretty let down because they can't get together with their mates for a big blow out," one source told The People.

"A lot of the hopefuls are starting to get twitchy with the way they are being locked in. They see it like a PoW camp. With no booze and this supposed sex ban they are all feeling this show is not the fun they hoped for.

"The showbiz lifestyle is much harder than they imagined. One said it was more like Guantanamo Bay's Camp X Ray than X Factor."

A spokeswoman for the show explained, "The contestants are fighting for a million pound record contract. They are not there to have a non-stop party

xXxJessxXx
16-10-2005, 12:53
Thats a bit harsh isnt it! If i was them i'd go on strike and encouage all of the contestants to do the same. they'd soon worry when they have a show to air but no singers!

Bad Wolf
16-10-2005, 12:55
comparing it to camp x ray and a pow camp is terrible, they are lucky they are there, but saying that i would be upset if i couldnt have fun on my birthday

Abi
16-10-2005, 17:08
As Rach said, its stupid of them to compare it to a PoW camp. Even if it was their birthdays, they should be happy to have been given the chance to do this, 74,988 other people didn't

Rain_
16-10-2005, 18:04
They all state they'd give anything to get through. Then complain when they are asked to postphone something. There isn't that long left now. They can live the celeb lifestyle when the show is over.

angelblue
16-10-2005, 18:10
I say put up or shut up at the end of day they are their to win they should be focusing not partying :)

pookie1968uk
16-10-2005, 18:28
yes at the end of the day they are there because they wanted to be, plenty of others would change places with them!

xXxJessxXx
16-10-2005, 19:07
yeah i suppose if they wanted that badly they wouldnt complain. just being there would be a dream come true even if you did live rather strictly. i think itsba but harsh not letting them have fun on their birthdays. but i read that shayne was happy to be celebrating his birtday by being there on the saturday performing, he was basicly saying, that was enough to keep him happy. suppose they should count them selves lucky

Solana
20-10-2005, 14:45
Imagine if the Olympic athletes complained that they wanted to party because of a couple of birthday's fell during the games. If they want to be professional singers they will need the same dedication as any professional. Partying all night will affect their voices and general performance, they can still have fun without throwing a party for all their friends.

brenda1971
20-10-2005, 14:51
I think that it is disgusting that they are comparing it to POW camp.At the end of the day its not as though they are never going to have another birthday is it.

xXxJessxXx
20-10-2005, 15:35
At the end of the day its not as though they are never going to have another birthday is it.

you never know. they might not. anything can happen in a year. (not meanign to sound rude or weird. lol) you never know whats round the corner. :(