PDA

View Full Version : Starting 'BIG' School

Debs
04-10-2005, 21:04
im sad:crying:

connor is due to start school september 2006! i dont want my baby to go to school he too lickle!

i took the form in today and it wanted to cry if i mention big school i get emotional i dread to think what im gonna be like next year when he actually goes!!! and what will i do without my little prince????

I have a year yet and im dreading it??

was anyone else as bad as this and please tell me it will get better!! :(

hazey
04-10-2005, 21:17
Debs it does get better, you get use to it, I was heart broken when my son started school on the first day they said mum can stay. as long as she wished to. Stephen looked at me with his big blue eyes after 10 mins and said you can go home now mummy, I cried all the way home and for most of the day, but like everything in life you come to terms with it.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-10-2005, 21:20
Awwwwwwww!! Debs :( I didn't want my lil :angel: to go to school!! He's only 3 and its them 2 hour ones but still :( Mum was sad to but everyday she dreads it but its getting better!! Mum says he's like a different lil boy when he goes there and comes back!! All quiet no noise..

Bless him :(

Debs
04-10-2005, 21:28
Awwwwwwww!! Debs :( I didn't want my lil :angel: to go to school!! He's only 3 and its them 2 hour ones but still :( Mum was sad to but everyday she dreads it but its getting better!! Mum says he's like a different lil boy when he goes there and comes back!! All quiet no noise..

Bless him :(

con goes every morning to pre school but it only next door so im not too worried i no where he is!! but big school wiyth all them big kids! i want him to saty a bubba!!

spicy i think ill have to move near you and put con into your brothers little school, connor never comes back quiet just nosiy, hyper and lairy!

04-10-2005, 21:32
Lol I think he's just a bit worried he has to favourite ladies and he sits on their lap he's VERY good at computers (switches on comp makes us type the password and does the rest himself.. going on cbbeebies and then playing games etc.) and he likes painting and stuff and they give him a lil folder to take his work in and mum says he sits by his table and holds his folder with puppy eyes act on!!

Debs
04-10-2005, 21:49
Awww con has his fave teacher julie he always chats about her none of the other teachers seem to have made that much of an impression to him he just adore her

04-10-2005, 21:53
He likes the nice ones.. not the stricter ones who keeps them in order but the ones which talk all sweet and gently and he likes that lol :p

Debs
04-10-2005, 21:54
LOL yeah same with connor

Siobhan
05-10-2005, 09:18
My little girl started big school this year.. she was great about it.. me on the other hand, cried like a baby.. she informed me that she didn't cry when she went to playschool so she will not cry now... she loves it.. she only turned 4 so I was lucky to get her into school now..but it is really good for her.

chance
05-10-2005, 09:50
its heartbreaking,there first day.you walk away feeling like the worst mum in the world (am i helping?) you have alittle cry and then sit there wondering what they are doing and are they ok? are they thinking of you? have they made friends? are there teachers nice etc etc but then they come home and you realise that everything went fine etc and they go the next day and then its just part of your routime that you have now got used to and you think no more of it.

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 10:18
i was the same when my daughter started school but you get used to the piece during the day so you will be glad of it when he does start
my daughter starts secondary school next september im dreading that

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 10:20
Oh Debs - Christopher is due to start pre school after Christmas and I am already getting worked up about it so I know exactly how you feel!!!

Debs
05-10-2005, 10:59
Oh Debs - Christopher is due to start pre school after Christmas and I am already getting worked up about it so I know exactly how you feel!!!

im fine with pre school it just the thought that he will be away from me ALL day!

i mean what will i do all day with out him??? No more playing trainsset, painting, and colouring, no im gonnna have to get off my lazy ass and get a job!

Debs
05-10-2005, 11:00
i was the same when my daughter started school but you get used to the piece during the day so you will be glad of it when he does start
my daughter starts secondary school next september im dreading that

:eek: i cant even imagine having a child who is that age!!

Abi
05-10-2005, 11:01
I remember my first day at schoool. I loved it, my mum didn't :lol:

Debs
05-10-2005, 11:02
My little girl started big school this year.. she was great about it.. me on the other hand, cried like a baby.. she informed me that she didn't cry when she went to playschool so she will not cry now... she loves it.. she only turned 4 so I was lucky to get her into school now..but it is really good for her.

My friends little boy started school this year she said she cried when she got the uniform out, cried when she put the jumper on cried more when he was fully dressed and then cried at the school! apparently he told her not to cry that he was just a big boy now and needed to go to school, which of course made her cry again!!

Debs
05-10-2005, 11:02
I remember my first day at schoool. I loved it, my mum didn't :lol:

I remember crying and crying on my first week of school , i missed my mum so much!

Abi
05-10-2005, 11:03
I had a great liagh, i didn't miss her at all! That sounds so evil!

Debs
05-10-2005, 11:04
its heartbreaking,there first day.you walk away feeling like the worst mum in the world (am i helping?) you have alittle cry and then sit there wondering what they are doing and are they ok? are they thinking of you? have they made friends? are there teachers nice etc etc but then they come home and you realise that everything went fine etc and they go the next day and then its just part of your routime that you have now got used to and you think no more of it.

connor will love school he loves his preschool. and his new school if he gets into it has a big wooden train to climb on and a big pirate ship climbing frame so he told me he cant wait to climb on it! once he is there ill be fine but it just letting go of my little bubba!

Debs
05-10-2005, 11:05
I had a great liagh, i didn't miss her at all! That sounds so evil!

:rotfl: i missed mine so much now i love seeing her and we get on fine but i do love my peace!

Jojo
05-10-2005, 12:06
I cried for ages when Ci started preschool but he loves it, though they are talking about all day sessions which I'm not too sure about, but think I could probably do with the time for when this one arrives. Ste's first day at school - he loved it, I hated it, and when he started High School last month, I was really worried, but after a couple of days, you can't wait for them to go!!! I promise it does get better/easier Debs!!

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 14:49
:eek: i cant even imagine having a child who is that age!!wish she was a baby again! they grow up quick yours will be 10 before you know it :)

Jojo
05-10-2005, 14:51
wish she was a baby again! they grow up quick yours will be 10 before you know it :)and then they reach 12 like my eldest and the fun starts lol

05-10-2005, 15:44
Mum didn't reallt get worried for secondry school.. why would she lol

Debs
05-10-2005, 15:56
wish she was a baby again! they grow up quick yours will be 10 before you know it :)

well that dosent make me feel better :crying: LOL

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 16:02
well that dosent make me feel better :crying: LOLi'm sorry :) how long before yours is 10?

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 16:04
and then they reach 12 like my eldest and the fun starts lolomg you've only got a year left(if that) and yours will be a teenager :eek:

Debs
05-10-2005, 16:07
i'm sorry :) how long before yours is 10?

7 years!! seems like ages but i know it will fly by

have you just got the one?

Jojo
05-10-2005, 16:09
omg you've only got a year left(if that) and yours will be a teenager :eek: I know - tell me about it - hormones!!!! Keep calling him Kevin at the mo (Kev and Perry!!)

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 22:20
:rotfl:
I know - tell me about it - hormones!!!! Keep calling him Kevin at the mo (Kev and Perry!!) i loved kevin and perry but yea i can see where your coming from :lol:

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 22:23
7 years!! seems like ages but i know it will fly by

have you just got the one?i can remember my friend(she has a boy the same age has my girl) saying ' another 5 years and ours will be going to big school'!
that only seems like yesterday when she said that so 7 years will fly by
yea i have only one she's called chloe
1 is enough!!

Debs
05-10-2005, 23:11
aww when i have bad days i say that too!

Abi
06-10-2005, 17:39
Think of it this way.... more time for you!!

Debs
06-10-2005, 18:50
Think of it this way.... more time for you!!

Yeah i guess, will have to meet up with my mates for coffee! do mum tyoe things!

chance
06-10-2005, 23:47
Yeah i guess, will have to meet up with my mates for coffee! do mum type things!
you'll be lucky,the other half will say 'well now he's at school,no excuse for you not to keep the house in tip top cond..your forever have a duster in one hand and a hoover in another lol

willow
23-10-2005, 16:15
niall will be starting secondary school in sept 2007!!!

even worse i got a note from school the other day and his year (year5) are going to france next year and he wants to go!!

23-10-2005, 17:25
Lil angel loves school!! In the morning if you go ' Time to go play school ' .. Well he's up and ready :p

Debs
23-10-2005, 17:45
you'll be lucky,the other half will say 'well now he's at school,no excuse for you not to keep the house in tip top cond..your forever have a duster in one hand and a hoover in another lol

LOL yeah right! he could try it id soon tell him to little words! :rotfl:

Debs
23-10-2005, 17:46

even worse i got a note from school the other day and his year (year5) are going to france next year and he wants to go!!

:eek: secondary school :eek: oh god im dreading that

and shool holiday i nerver want that to happen! i couldnt stand it id have to go as well as a prent helper :lol:

chance
23-10-2005, 23:11

france!!! omg your be worried out of your brain! i couldnt let them go,not my babys!!!

Jojo
24-10-2005, 00:06

even worse i got a note from school the other day and his year (year5) are going to france next year and he wants to go!!My eldest started secondary school this september and he loves it!! He's been away with the school for hols and stuff before, but never abroad and that is definitely the part I am dreading. Although I have definitely found that since he has been at high school he has changed - its almost like natures way of letting them go!! lol Deep down he's still good as gold though - his Kevin hormones are just coming into play now so on occasions he can be extremely grumpy and testing lol

Debs
23-01-2006, 10:23
:cheer: :cheer: connor got into the school i really wanted him to go to!!

i was reallly worried as they apparently had a large amount of applications this year even the head said to me to find another school that i really liked as they have lots of disappointed parents!!

that one worry off my mind :cheer:

but im still sad that he gonna be goingoff and leaving me all day LOL

Angeltigger
23-01-2006, 10:29
:cheer: :cheer: connor got into the school i really wanted him to go to!!

i was reallly worried as they apparently had a large amount of applications this year even the head said to me to find another school that i really liked as they have lots of disappointed parents!!

that one worry off my mind :cheer:

but im still sad that he gonna be goingoff and leaving me all day LOL
I'm so glad that he got into big school- i know it will be sad that you little boy has got so big

Debs
23-01-2006, 10:31
he cant wait to go!! i know hell love it but ill miss him!

Angeltigger
23-01-2006, 10:35
he cant wait to go!! i know hell love it but ill miss him!Of course you will his you little baby

Jojo
23-01-2006, 13:29
Thats fab news Debs.

Ci is going to preschool for a full day now once a week, and its great!!! I thought I would hate it but its fine. And its getting me ready for next Jan when he starts school. You'll soon wonder where the day goes once Con starts as the days go even quicker when they are gone all day :D

chance
25-01-2006, 21:48
i signed all the forms etc today for sj to go to playgroup in sep and im nervous already

Jojo
25-01-2006, 23:09
Crumbs - we have to make sure they are registered by their first birthday to make sure they go to the one we want them to go to!

willow
25-01-2006, 23:18
i am late signing niamh up for hers!!!

she is 2 in march!!!

Jojo
25-01-2006, 23:28
i'm going to have to make sure i have registered liam by his first birthday to make sure he gets in - nightmare really!

~charlie-lou~
26-01-2006, 00:11
My Mum says it seems like yesterday I was going to school for the first time! Now I'm 14, lol!

I remember my Mum crying a lot... though in retrospect it was probably partly to do with how huge the fees were! :p

Debs
26-01-2006, 10:46
i signed all the forms etc today for sj to go to playgroup in sep and im nervous already

awwww it so scary although i found con going to preschool ok it just big school im worried about! all daywith out him 5 days a week how will i cope !!

crazygirl
26-01-2006, 13:07
my daughter starts secondary school in september and im dreading it i think there is to much bullying going on these days

Jojo
26-01-2006, 13:20
I was worried when Ste started secondary school last September, as he is fairly quiet and pretty waif like compared to the rest of the lads, but he has been fine. He did have one instance of bullying, but him and his mates sorted it out amongst themselves (though there are bound to me more in the future). He loves it there now, though you will notice a change in your daughter's behaviour - ste went from respectful, caring and nice, to testing his luck with answering back etc - almost like terrible twos again. But he has got through it and, so far, has reverted back to being his lovely self again :D

pookie1968uk
26-01-2006, 17:29
I was worried when Ste started secondary school last September, as he is fairly quiet and pretty waif like compared to the rest of the lads, but he has been fine. He did have one instance of bullying, but him and his mates sorted it out amongst themselves (though there are bound to me more in the future). He loves it there now, though you will notice a change in your daughter's behaviour - ste went from respectful, caring and nice, to testing his luck with answering back etc - almost like terrible twos again. But he has got through it and, so far, has reverted back to being his lovely self again :D

my daughter, rebecca started high school in september and i was dreading it, but she has settled in pretty well and enjoys it within reason. theres still plenty of time for her to be bullied though and i do dread it, the things she tells me that go on are incredible, they even have cctv installed in the toilets now to curb bullying, selling of stuff etc! but she has still been fine and does really enjoy it.

chance
26-01-2006, 22:48
i am late signing niamh up for hers!!!

she is 2 in march!!!
sj is 2 in feb but the lady at playgroup said shes expecting it to be quiet come sept as me and one other person are signed up so far,so i was worrying for nothing by thinking i was leaving it late

Jojo
26-01-2006, 23:50
my daughter, rebecca started high school in september and i was dreading it, but she has settled in pretty well and enjoys it within reason. theres still plenty of time for her to be bullied though and i do dread it, the things she tells me that go on are incredible, they even have cctv installed in the toilets now to curb bullying, selling of stuff etc! but she has still been fine and does really enjoy it.Ste came home with a story of how yr 9's and yr 10's (about 50 of them) had a mass fight (one village versus the other) which I really didn't like the sound of - I certainly wouldn't want to be a teacher these days thats for sure!

willow
27-01-2006, 07:15
sj is 2 in feb but the lady at playgroup said shes expecting it to be quiet come sept as me and one other person are signed up so far,so i was worrying for nothing by thinking i was leaving it late

i hope i get the same luck!!!

fingers crossed