PDA

View Full Version : Big Bro's Jade arrested in Asda theft probe

Luna
04-10-2005, 08:34
Big Brother star Jade Goody has been arrested and questioned by police on suspicion of shoplifting at her local Asda supermarket, it emerged tonight.

Millionairess Goody denied any wrongdoing and was released without charge by Essex Police. No further investigation will take place.

A security tag still attached to a £16 denim waistcoat set off an alarm when she tried to leave the store in Harlow after her weekly shop, The Sun reported.

The 24-year-old mother of two allegedly told customer service staff she had left the receipt for the military-style jacket at one of the tills and was let go, taking it with her, the newspaper said.

But the receipt was never found and no one could remember her buying any clothes, The Sun said, prompting the store to call the police.

Insp Adrian Dearsley said: “Police received a report at 2.50 on Sunday afternoon of a theft of an item of clothing from Asda’s in Harlow.

“This evening a 24-year-old woman from Chipping Ongar was arrested on suspicion of theft.

“The investigation has run its course and there will be no charge out of it.”

He did not know whether Goody had gone to a police station voluntarily or been arrested at home.

A spokeswoman for the star, who came fourth in BB3, told The Sun: “She denies she has done anything wrong. She thought Asda staff made the mistake by accidentally leaving the tag on the jacket.”

Gabby
04-10-2005, 08:45
I wonder did she steal it or did she just leave the reciept? I have my doubts, what does everyone else think?

Debs
04-10-2005, 08:54
why would she want to steal clothes??? she has loads of money now and asda aint exactly expensive!

Behemoth
04-10-2005, 09:21
The staff could have easily left the tag on; I'm always doing it by accident at work!!

Bad Wolf
04-10-2005, 09:59
is her salon doing that badly?

Jojo
04-10-2005, 11:02
The number of times I have had tags left on my clothes etc when I have bought them etc, and quite often, if I just buy one item, I will leave the receipt with the checkout operator, especially if I pay by cash, so this could easily happen to me. Once I purchased some stuff, took it home and found the tag, so had to take it back to the shop a couple of days later to get them to take it off!!

I can't see Jade doing this - out of all of the BB3 peeps, she is the one who has earned the most money etc - it wouldn't make any sense and like Debs said, Asda isn't exactly expensive is it!?

Angeltigger
04-10-2005, 11:05
Well we don’t know what happened but I think maybe Asda did leave the tag on- as they do have the tags in different places, but than i don't know as i would not know why she would have leave the receipt because as now it make her look like she shoplifted… and adsa is not that expensive like Debs said and why would she want to steal clothes..

But now that I think about I think something is wrong as Jade was rushed to hospital.. which we don’t know why? So I think something is wrong with Jade

Dr. Tangliss
04-10-2005, 11:32
Asda always leave the tags on, they have done it to me a few times when I have brought my kids clothes. Blooming Asda, lolQ

willow
04-10-2005, 12:19
i went in to my local woolies and bought a cardi for niamh, they left the tag on and i had to go back the next day to get it taken off, and they did not even ask to see my recipt

Debs
04-10-2005, 12:25
i went in to my local woolies and bought a cardi for niamh, they left the tag on and i had to go back the next day to get it taken off, and they did not even ask to see my recipt

Yeah i had a jumper for con that still had the tag on in woolies, and took it back. they took the tag off no quiestions asked no receipt to be shown!!

xsoftladybugx
04-10-2005, 16:26
I dont think she would, like it said she is a millionairess why would she feel the need to steal a £16.00 denim jacket from asda?!

Angeltigger
04-10-2005, 20:30
Well i am sorry but that is wrong you need a receipt- debs and willow i am not saying that you did but how do the shop people not know that you never just got the clothes of the shelf...

Jade
04-10-2005, 20:36
Its all sound a bit strange, it said in the Sun it wasnt on her receipt, but if you've got a weeks shopping it is easy for the checkout operator to not scan somthing. Like everyone else has said, it aint exactly expensive.

Maybe she was set up? I

If she was doing a weeks shopping you (well I dont) add up how much its gonna cost, epsecially if you buy clothes and CD's at the same time £16.00 here or there, your not going to notice it.

Or maybe she did it, look and Winona Ryder??

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-10-2005, 20:45
I don't shop in Asda so don't really know about this whole price tag thing but I think Jade is innocent.. don't ask me why but I just think she is!! :)

Angeltigger
04-10-2005, 21:02
Well in Asda they have loads of tags on the clothes and so the people who shop in Asda can miss some... and they could have not put it on the list..

Debs
04-10-2005, 23:04
Well i am sorry but that is wrong you need a receipt- debs and willow i am not saying that you did but how do the shop people not know that you never just got the clothes of the shelf...

Exactly thats what we said at the time, they dont know, i suppose as we walked in and wentr staright to the till we could argue and get them to look back at their cameras!

willow
05-10-2005, 07:21
what debs said!!!

Angeltigger
05-10-2005, 09:33
But than you could have stole it days before- Not saying you did!!!!!!!! So this is funny bussiness...

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 10:15
the security tag on the clothes is that thick tag that says george on it

Luna
05-10-2005, 10:21
Yes they may be big but they can still be left on it - i used to work in asda when i was at college and there can be more than one tag on it and hidden in place you wouldnt even think of - so trust me it is easy to leave them there

Angeltigger
05-10-2005, 10:22
Yeah they have a big white one- but i don't know if it says George on it as i don't look athe tag, and it has that little one too.

Angeltigger
05-10-2005, 10:24
Yes they may be big but they can still be left on it - i used to work in asda when i was at college and there can be more than one tag on it and hidden in place you wouldnt even think of - so trust me it is easy to leave them there

Yeah that what i was saying that in Asda they have loads of tags- or in my one they do as it is near a shopping centre..

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 10:24
I guess it is one of thoose Richard Maddley amd the bottle of wine storys - did he or didnt he

I guess only Jade will ever know if she did or didnt

Angeltigger
05-10-2005, 10:26
Yeah she will

Luna
05-10-2005, 10:27
I guess it is one of thoose Richard Maddley amd the bottle of wine storys - did he or didnt he

He did lol - no one just "forgets" about a whole stack of wine in front of the trolley

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 10:30
He did lol - no one just "forgets" about a whole stack of wine in front of the trolley

it was only 1 bottle at the bottom........(I think!)

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 10:30
although Luna I am with you - HE DID IT!

Luna
05-10-2005, 10:31
it was on that thing a few months ago "the truth about richard and judy" im sure he said it was a box or two of wine he had sat at the front and forgot they were there

crazygirl
05-10-2005, 10:33
it was on that thing a few months ago "the truth about richard and judy" im sure he said it was a box or two of wine he had sat at the front and forgot they were thereyea im sure they got done for shoplifting :lol:

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 10:49
it was on that thing a few months ago "the truth about richard and judy" im sure he said it was a box or two of wine he had sat at the front and forgot they were there

thats right it was a box of wine! not bottles! Sorry my old memory aint that good - old age for you

hazey
05-10-2005, 14:23
In the sun today they said they checked the video cameras, and Jades card purchase and the waistcoat was not paid for !.Asda is quoted as saying Jade is welcome in our shop.The waistcoat has been returned and Jade said she wouldn't be shopping in there again, why would I steal I have 2 houses and 4 cars.

RealityGap
05-10-2005, 14:27
In the sun today they said they checked the video cameras, and Jades card purchase and the waistcoat was not paid for !.Asda is quoted as saying Jade is welcome in our shop.The waistcoat has been returned and Jade said she wouldn't be shopping in there again, why would I steal I have 2 houses and 4 cars.

erm.....well Jade the same reasons as plenty other wealthy people do........

brenda1971
05-10-2005, 14:59
I dont think that she did it as she has plenty of money

dddMac1
05-10-2005, 15:21
Jade seems to be in the newspapers everyday

brenda1971
05-10-2005, 15:42
I suppose she needs to promote her new salon

Jade
05-10-2005, 21:33
I guess only Jade will ever know if she did or didnt