PDA

View Full Version : Robert Sugden

Pages : 1 [2]

alcapo11
22-09-2016, 16:06
I think this is unnecessary.

I questioned the need for "fans" to ask why one actor didn't say happy birthday to another actor on his twitter feed. I find it unhealthy that these "fans" are so obsessesed to this extent, and others obviously see so much fandom behaviour as odd as well.

As far as I can see, we are perfectly entitled to express those views on a public forum.

And as this is Robert's thread, I also think Ryan Hawley (and the character of Robert) are wasted being tied to Aaron. Sorry, but Aaron is like Debbie - they suck the life out of everyone around them. Robert has been great this week with Vic.

Couldn't agree more. I would honestly love someone to explain to me why they worship this pairing. They are nothing special, its two decent looking blokes, one of which has always been popular with the viewers. Not to mention that is completely unrealistic, I mean not many people can say that they have been held hostage by their boyfriend. It was all okay though as it was Roberts "coming out" story. I love the evil Robert and I think he would be good if they stopped this whole Robron thing, okay the teenage girls might have a bit of a meltdown but it will pass.

alcapo11
22-09-2016, 16:06

I questioned the need for "fans" to ask why one actor didn't say happy birthday to another actor on his twitter feed. I find it unhealthy that these "fans" are so obsessesed to this extent, and others obviously see so much fandom behaviour as odd as well.

As far as I can see, we are perfectly entitled to express those views on a public forum.

And as this is Robert's thread, I also think Ryan Hawley (and the character of Robert) are wasted being tied to Aaron. Sorry, but Aaron is like Debbie - they suck the life out of everyone around them. Robert has been great this week with Vic.

Couldn't agree more. I would honestly love someone to explain to me why they worship this pairing. They are nothing special, its two decent looking blokes, one of which has always been popular with the viewers. Not to mention that is completely unrealistic, I mean not many people can say that they have been held hostage by their boyfriend. It was all okay though as it was Roberts "coming out" story. I love the evil Robert and I think he would be good if they stopped this whole Robron thing, okay the teenage girls might have a bit of a meltdown but it will pass.

binky321
22-09-2016, 16:32

I don't have a problem with not liking a character I am happy to agree to disagree on things however you are jumping on a insignificant line it was a way of opening the video to explain Ryan didn't want a fuss at work so he waited until later in the day you make it sound like fans were harassing Danny & it was not the case, it was light hearted.

Just again to attack & insult a group of fans and to to tar with the same brush all fans as if they are one and constantly using degrading and condescending tones. Yes a lot of people tweet at lot of those people are younger people so there is no need to be so spiteful to everyone about it. If someone dares to have a positive view on them here they are jumped on and savaged, why, because a few people get carried away on twitter, so nobody is welcome? I just wanted to express my view on this because I find it insulting and a real shame.

deeCee
22-09-2016, 16:46
Deleted
Can't be arsed with the whole Robron fandom's victimhood stance.

tammyy2j
17-10-2016, 23:39
I don't remember Jack beating Robert or being homophobic, well Robert was not gay or bisexual back then

Was Jack homophobic to other characters?

mariba
18-10-2016, 09:06
I hate when a (dead) good character is suddenly made to look like a bad guy.. Jack Sugden was a nice man. He was quite stubborn and old fashioned too, so I could believe he could have been a bit homophobic, but beating his son?? That I don't believe.
If he was /did, this should have come up with Gordon - Aaron storyline and not now..

Perdita
18-10-2016, 09:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBEMCAsY58

Youtube clip from 2004 where Jack punches Robert

mariba
18-10-2016, 14:33
He punched him for a reason. Robert had an affair with Katie behind Andy's back. Just because he's Robert and he could. He didn't actually love Katie.

alcapo11
18-10-2016, 14:48
He punched him for a reason. Robert had an affair with Katie behind Andy's back. Just because he's Robert and he could. He didn't actually love Katie.

Robert is very similar to Ross, they both felt like they were the "bad" son, they both went after there brothers partner just to get at them and they are both criminals. If Ross hadn't of shot Robert, they would probably of been good mates.

alcapo11
18-10-2016, 14:48

Robert is very similar to Ross, they both felt like they were the "bad" son, they both went after there brothers partner just to get at them and they are both criminals. If Ross hadn't of shot Robert, they would probably of been good mates.

tammyy2j
18-10-2016, 15:20

I do think Robert did love Katie but he does now seem to love Aaron

Ruffed_lemur
21-10-2016, 16:31

I still don't think Jack should have punched Robert.

Perdita
22-10-2016, 05:22
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/42/980x490/landscape-1477050714-robron-just-married.jpg

It's official – Emmerdale's popular couple Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle will be heading down the aisle next year.

Robert proposed to Aaron in very unusual circumstances this week, popping the question mid-argument before they both got caught up in a horrifying road crash and went plunging into a lake.

Later at the hospital, Aaron accepted in equally surprising fashion, telling Robert that it was a "yes" – then nearly dying straight afterwards. But let's not dwell on that, as he was fine in the end. *breathes sigh of relief*

When Digital Spy attended an Emmerdale press conference last week, we asked show producer Iain MacLeod for some early hints on what we can actually expect from a Robron wedding. (You can thank us later, Robron fans.)

Asked whether it'll be a big event, Iain replied: "It is. I have read it already, I can reveal, and it is really heartbreaking. It is big emotionally.

"In keeping with their characters, I don't think anybody is expecting dancing girls and show tunes. It's quite raw and honest, and it has got a healthy dose of Dingle craziness at the heart of it that threatens to derail things.

"It is huge emotional territory, but it's not dancing girls and 'Dancing Queen'. It is kind of more Robert and Aaron than that, which I hope people will like. It's happening next year."

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, was also present for the press conference – so this was all news to him, as he hasn't read the wedding script himself yet.

Danny laughed: "I was just listening in! I haven't read anything myself yet. Like Iain said, it's next year. We only really get scripts about two or three weeks before we record them, so I've not read anything yet.

"I think Iain's right that it would be against the characters if it was too big, or a stereotypical big pink wedding. I think it's nice that they keep it to more of a Dingle-type celebration, I guess."

Iain was also quizzed on what he makes of the Robron craze, which began when his predecessor Kate Oates decided to put the pair together in 2014.

Iain admitted: "I have never seen anything like it, to be honest. It is a phenomenon – the Robron phenomenon. I was aware of it before I came to Emmerdale and you think you understand it. But it's only when you are immersed in it you realise how passionately our audience care about those two characters.

"They have been through so much and survived it, so the audience are rooting for them and so am I fundamentally.

"I should also say a quick word on the Robron episode you watched this week. The writer Maxine Alderton, one of our very many talented writers, is a huge Robron fan. She has got Robron dolls and stickers on her laptop, so there was never any doubt about who would write that particular episode as she is a massive superfan.

"There are a lot of them on the team and we are rooting for them. We are properly rooting for them."

tammyy2j
22-10-2016, 23:34
Maybe one of them can borrow Emma's blood stained dress :p

Perdita
19-01-2017, 04:43
If you were starting to fear that Emmerdale's Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle would never make it down the aisle (despite all those promises), here's the proof that will leave you breathing a huge sigh of relief.

It turns out that the popular couple's wedding is actually being filmed today - as Ryan Hawley has confirmed himself in an Instagram live video.

Emmerdale went live with the big announcement at lunchtime, although Ryan wasn't really giving too many details away.

At least we got to see a first look at him in his suit, though?

Ryan told fans: "Hello, we're live from ITV Studios and today I'm filming a wedding!"

Sorry, Robron fans, you really weren't getting any more gossip than that! At least not yet.

The good news couldn't have come at a better time for the Robron army, as Aaron's paranoia over Robert's friendship with Rebecca White pushes their relationship to breaking point this week.

In despair as he fears losing Robert, Aaron even takes his frustrations out on Finn Barton's boyfriend Kasim by brutally beating him up.

But even though Aaron gets himself arrested in the aftermath, it looks like he won't be losing Robert's support - phew.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/01/768x610/gallery-1483633613-19-01-emmerdale-2nd-ep-06.jpg
Aaron and Robert get a call from the police in Emmerdale
© ITV
Teasing the Robron wedding, Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod said last year: "It is really heartbreaking. It is big emotionally.

"In keeping with their characters, I don't think anybody is expecting dancing girls and show tunes. It's quite raw and honest, and it has got a healthy dose of Dingle craziness at the heart of it that threatens to derail things.

"It is huge emotional territory, but it's not dancing girls and 'Dancing Queen'. It is kind of more Robert and Aaron than that, which I hope people will like."

Digital Spy

Perdita
02-02-2017, 04:07
Is this finally the month when Robron tie the knot on Emmerdale?

We've known for a while that Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) and Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) would be getting hitched sometime this year, but the where's and when's have been kept under wraps. Until now?

In a new video from the Emmerdale Instagram channel, Ryan Hawley promises fans that there's "really exciting stuff" coming up in this "big month at Emmerdale".

Remember, Ryan confirmed early in January that he'd been filming at an Emmerdale wedding but stopped short of confirming whether it was, in fact, the long-awaited Robron nuptials.

What we do know is that when they finally make it down the aisle, it will be an emotional - and potentially painful - experience for Robert and Aaron.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/42/768x400/gallery-1476723374-soaps-emmerdale-aaron-robert-heart-to-heart-1.png
Aaron Dingle and Robert Sugden have a heart-to-heart in Emmerdale
© ITV
"It is really heartbreaking. It is big emotionally," Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod said last year. "In keeping with their characters, I don't think anybody is expecting dancing girls and show tunes. It's quite raw and honest, and it has got a healthy dose of Dingle craziness at the heart of it that threatens to derail things.

"It is huge emotional territory, but it's not dancing girls and 'Dancing Queen'. It is kind of more Robert and Aaron than that, which I hope people will like."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a820361/emmerdales-ryan-hawley-hints-robrons-wedding-new-video/

Perdita
05-04-2017, 05:05
We have good news for Emmerdale fans who are desperately sad over their beloved Robron's fate.

Since their heartwarming wedding earlier in the year, Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) and Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) have been cruelly torn apart by a series of dark twists and turns.

First Aaron was shipped off to prison just after Robron exchanged vows, and more recently fans were absolutely crushed when a lonely Robert had a one-night-stand with Rebecca White (Emily Head).

Just when it seems like Robron are doomed forever, Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod is swooping in with a hint that everything will work out for the two. Eventually.

"There will be more bumps, thrills and spills along the way," Iain admitted to Digital Spy and other media.

However, he was quick to add: "My view is that they individually and collectively meant the vows that they said in that wedding episode but it's never going to be a straight road with those guys; it's going to be bumpy and tricky but ultimately they will definitely make it out the other side."

While that's definitely encouraging for devoted Robron shippers, one of those roadblocks that Iain MacLeod mentioned will arrive in the form of badboy Ross Barton.

Next week's episodes will see Ross attempting to blackmail Robert with the truth of his one-night-stand at the same time as Aaron is finally freed from prison. Suddenly we're worried all over again...

Digital Spy

Perdita
06-06-2017, 12:37
Emmerdale's Robert Sugden will vow revenge on a scheming Ross Barton as their ongoing feud takes another turn next week.

The old enemies went to war again in April when Robert discovered that Robert had slept with Rebecca behind his husband Aaron's back – and used the information to his advantage.

Never one to miss an opportunity to cause trouble, Robert exploited the fragile situation – blackmailing Robert into giving him money in exchange for his silence.

However, with the truth now out in the open – and Robert determined to move forward with a forgiving Aaron – he has revenge in mind next week, wanting to put Ross in his place for the extra turmoil he caused him.

Robert will feel uneasy when a pregnant Rebecca returns to the village and announces she's staying with Victoria, worried about the impact her presence will have on Aaron.

Wanting to get back in control, Robert demands his money back from Ross – who belittles him in return, leaving Robert more furious than ever.

Fed up of Ross calling the shots, Robert later tells Aaron that he's going to get his revenge, but what does he have planned this time? And is he about to make things even worse?

Digital Spy

rossfan
06-06-2017, 18:43
Iain Macleod is just rubbish! He clearly has his favourites!

Why can't Ross be in control and have one over Robert. I hope their plan backfires.

Perdita
19-09-2017, 11:57
mmerdale's Robert Sugden chooses someone very surprising as his next ally
Emmerdale's Robert Sugden recruits a surprising new minion next week as he steps up his attempts to seize control at Home Farm.
Upcoming episodes see Robert (Ryan Hawley) pull off another masterstroke when Lawrence White starts to trust him, but it's not long before Lachlan becomes uneasy and demands answers over the schemer's constant presence.
When Lachlan's words leave Lawrence unsettled, he asks Robert to keep his distance from now on – but Robert doesn't leave without setting his next clever trap first.
With a hidden camera planted at Home Farm thanks to Robert, an oblivious Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) has a very incriminating conversation with his mischievous friend Gerry.
Opportunistic Gerry (Shaun Thomas) has decided it's time to extort money out of Lachlan, wanting cash in exchange for his silence over their prostitute plan from the summer.
Knowing that Lachlan's girlfriend Belle Dingle wouldn't be pleased about this, Robert is delighted to be in possession of information that he can use against him.
Robert also realises that he can draw Gerry into his web too, recruiting him to spy on both Lachlan and Belle on his behalf.
Will Gerry regret making a deal with the devil?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21761957_282541702242448_1661960203477087918_n.jpg ?oh=f646d2807db82b8308cc30581b9310b8&oe=5A429211

Perdita
29-09-2017, 06:13
Emmerdale spoilers: Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle’s second wedding confirmed for summer
It was confirmed some time ago – even before the couple’s most recent split – but Emmerdale have confirmed when we can expect to see Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle officially get married.
We have already had an initial ceremony for the pair which went awry when the police turned up to arrest Faith – and since that day, everything has gone pear shaped with Aaron ending up in prison and Rebecca White now pregnant with Robert’s baby.
But the pair are set to come back together at last – and the big date for them to make the big commitment to one another will be next summer.
Speaking about the wedding, show producer Iain MacLeod told us: ‘I always view Robert and Aaron as being on opposite ends of a very long piece of elastic and it’s stretched pretty tight and they’re as far away from each other as I am comfortable with them getting.
‘The events of Christmas and New Year will kind of boing them back together again, to coin a phrase. The wedding is definitely still on the cards – be careful about when you book your summer holidays next year. Basically, I am saying it’s in summer!’
That wasn’t the only piece of positive news for Robron fans either as Iain also revealed a special Christmas Day episode which will focus on the couple in a stylistically different way. He described the episode as ‘the weirdest they have ever done.’

SomersetSunShin
30-09-2017, 02:34
Emmerdale spoilers: Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle’s second wedding confirmed for summer
It was confirmed some time ago – even before the couple’s most recent split – but Emmerdale have confirmed when we can expect to see Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle officially get married.
We have already had an initial ceremony for the pair which went awry when the police turned up to arrest Faith – and since that day, everything has gone pear shaped with Aaron ending up in prison and Rebecca White now pregnant with Robert’s baby.
But the pair are set to come back together at last – and the big date for them to make the big commitment to one another will be next summer.
Speaking about the wedding, show producer Iain MacLeod told us: ‘I always view Robert and Aaron as being on opposite ends of a very long piece of elastic and it’s stretched pretty tight and they’re as far away from each other as I am comfortable with them getting.
‘The events of Christmas and New Year will kind of boing them back together again, to coin a phrase. The wedding is definitely still on the cards – be careful about when you book your summer holidays next year. Basically, I am saying it’s in summer!’
That wasn’t the only piece of positive news for Robron fans either as Iain also revealed a special Christmas Day episode which will focus on the couple in a stylistically different way. He described the episode as ‘the weirdest they have ever done.’

just because Iain MacLeod says the 2nd wedding is still on the cards, I would take what he says with a pinch of salt if I was you, because they've changed the current story lines loads as they gone along this year and they scrapped the Lachlan village shooting spree that was supposed to happen back in August because he and the writers changed their minds when it got leaked early by the daily express and sun newspaper{even John Bowe who played Lawrence said this during the Soap Awards red Carpet interviews with Emily Head that they were changing they're mind's about story lines every 5 minutes}

Perdita
07-12-2017, 12:27
Emmerdale's Robert Sugden could be putting himself in danger as he hits rock bottom in the run-up to Christmas.

Robert (Ryan Hawley) is currently trying to put a brave face on as he watches his ex Aaron Dingle moving on with doctor Alex Mason.

Sadly, that strong facade starts to crumble over the holiday season as Robert feels rejected by almost everyone around him.

The first setback comes when Robert tries to hand over some Christmas gifts for his baby son Seb, wanting Lawrence White to pass them on for him following Rebecca's departure.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/49/768x507/gallery-1512646835-soaps-emmerdale-robert-sugden-whites-1.jpg
Robert Sugden receives a frosty reception from Lawrence, Chrissie and Lachlan White in Emmerdale
© ITV

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/49/768x465/gallery-1512646923-soaps-emmerdale-robert-whites-3.jpg
Robert Sugden receives a frosty reception from Lawrence, Chrissie and Lachlan White in Emmerdale
© ITV

Unsurprisingly, Robert receives a very hostile reaction from Lawrence, who still hasn't forgiven him for his lying and scheming.

Things only get worse for Robert when he sees Aaron and Alex spending time together at the pub.

Making a total fool of himself, Robert bitterly resorts to insulting Alex and makes a haphazard attempt to win Aaron back.

After yet another rejection, Robert drunkenly storms off with a bottle of whisky and ends up stumbling along a country road.

Such careless behaviour is definitely a recipe for disaster in Emmerdale, so is Robert putting himself in some serious danger here?

Digital Spy

Perdita
08-12-2017, 05:19
Emmerdale has revealed more details about this year's special Christmas episode – along with a brand new Robron image.

Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle will take centre stage in an hour-long special on Christmas Day, which sees the show experiment by paying homage to some classic movies.

Inspired by A Christmas Carol and Groundhog Day, Emmerdale's festive edition will see Robert pushed to his limits as he continually wakes on Christmas morning to a different reality.

Robert finds himself trapped as he struggles to escape from his perpetual nightmare – but how will his estrangement from his soulmate Aaron manifest itself as the bizarre experience continues?

Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod explained: "Think Groundhog Day, and A Christmas Carol with a little nod to the film Don't Look Now thrown in and that's been our approach to the Christmas Day episode.

"It's been amazing to produce, as we're constantly thinking of ways to push the boundaries of storytelling and keep Emmerdale fresh and our loyal viewers on their toes!

"We've all acknowledged the risks of filming such a stand alone episode, but we sincerely hope the audience will appreciate we've tried to do something a bit different in the same way we devoted an episode to Ashley's story last Christmas."

He added: "Apart from the scary aspect to Robert's situation, the episode is also heartfelt and hilarious in parts. Christmas wouldn't be the same without a healthy dose of the Dingles and a comedy cameo which we hope will please our viewers.

"Watch out for the ghost of Christmas Future as you might recognise them!"

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/36/768x563/gallery-soaps-emmerdale-1-aaron-liv-horror-x7qnads6xueo1gjkl9k6-4-1.jpg
Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle in turmoil over Liv in Emmerdale
© ITV
Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, has previously told Digital Spy that Robron won't reunite at Christmas – but it's no secret that they will be back together and tying the knot again next year.

"I think people are getting their hopes up thinking that's Robert and Aaron back together, but anybody that knows Emmerdale will know that it's a little too simple for it to be Christmas Day," Danny told us.

"It's certainly a Robron episode – moreso Robert. But it's a Robron episode and it's about them dealing with their past, dealing with their future and sorting out a lot of holes that are in their relationship, not just as partners but as friends as well.

"It's a really interesting concept and of course everyone knows what's going to happen next year, so it's just teasing you a little bit more."

Digital Spy

alcapo11
08-12-2017, 11:56
Emmerdale has revealed more details about this year's special Christmas episode – along with a brand new Robron image.

Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle will take centre stage in an hour-long special on Christmas Day, which sees the show experiment by paying homage to some classic movies.

Inspired by A Christmas Carol and Groundhog Day, Emmerdale's festive edition will see Robert pushed to his limits as he continually wakes on Christmas morning to a different reality.

Robert finds himself trapped as he struggles to escape from his perpetual nightmare – but how will his estrangement from his soulmate Aaron manifest itself as the bizarre experience continues?

Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod explained: "Think Groundhog Day, and A Christmas Carol with a little nod to the film Don't Look Now thrown in and that's been our approach to the Christmas Day episode.

"It's been amazing to produce, as we're constantly thinking of ways to push the boundaries of storytelling and keep Emmerdale fresh and our loyal viewers on their toes!

"We've all acknowledged the risks of filming such a stand alone episode, but we sincerely hope the audience will appreciate we've tried to do something a bit different in the same way we devoted an episode to Ashley's story last Christmas."

He added: "Apart from the scary aspect to Robert's situation, the episode is also heartfelt and hilarious in parts. Christmas wouldn't be the same without a healthy dose of the Dingles and a comedy cameo which we hope will please our viewers.

"Watch out for the ghost of Christmas Future as you might recognise them!"

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/36/768x563/gallery-soaps-emmerdale-1-aaron-liv-horror-x7qnads6xueo1gjkl9k6-4-1.jpg
Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle in turmoil over Liv in Emmerdale
© ITV
Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, has previously told Digital Spy that Robron won't reunite at Christmas – but it's no secret that they will be back together and tying the knot again next year.

"I think people are getting their hopes up thinking that's Robert and Aaron back together, but anybody that knows Emmerdale will know that it's a little too simple for it to be Christmas Day," Danny told us.

"It's certainly a Robron episode – moreso Robert. But it's a Robron episode and it's about them dealing with their past, dealing with their future and sorting out a lot of holes that are in their relationship, not just as partners but as friends as well.

"It's a really interesting concept and of course everyone knows what's going to happen next year, so it's just teasing you a little bit more."

Digital Spy

Shouldn't the christmas episode be about everyone? Seeing what they're up to, eating christmas dinner, showing all the families together, seeing how the characters who've recently lost family members are getting on with their first christmas without them (Ross, Pete etc..) but no, aslong as Robert and Aaron get back together it's all good... What a shamble this show really is, well atleast Eastenders will be good anyway.

lizann
28-12-2017, 00:56
he kidnaps seb

Perdita
12-06-2019, 19:09
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1139686/Emmerdale-spoilers-Ryan-Hawley-quit-exit-Robert-Sugden-ITV-video

He is leaving ...

tammyy2j
16-06-2019, 12:46
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1139686/Emmerdale-spoilers-Ryan-Hawley-quit-exit-Robert-Sugden-ITV-video

He is leaving ...

Ryan is a big loss

Perdita
16-06-2019, 17:27
Ryan is a big loss

I hope they replace him and do not split Aaron and him up .. the writers always do so badly when one partner in a soap decides to leave ... might not have the same dynamic but at least it will show consistency that a relationship can last!!!

Perdita
30-07-2019, 20:28
So is Robert going to prison for murder as exit storyline? .......

lizann
10-09-2019, 21:09
So is Robert going to prison for murder as exit storyline? .......

there is a twist

rob on run before trial which he would get off or lighter sentence as someone comes forward about lee the rapist

Perdita
11-09-2019, 04:25
there is a twist

rob on run before trial which he would get off or lighter sentence as someone comes forward about lee the rapist

Still going to jail though ... so Robert will hopefully come back to Emmerdale, maybe with a different head but it would be nice to see Aaron waiting for him and the two then continuing to live married life.... but I know, in soapland that is highly unlikely .... just would be nice to see for a change ..

lizann
05-06-2021, 00:14
https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/04/emmerdale-spoilers-major-return-for-robert-sugden-confirmed-14581762/

Perdita
09-06-2021, 04:14
Emmerdale has responded to the speculation that Robert Sugden could be set to make a return to the soap after the soap began to revisit the character's exit storyline.

Fans will remember that, back in 2019, Robert (Ryan Hawley) was sentenced to prison for his part in Lee Posner's death, but earlier this month Lee's brother Luke Posner (Max Parker) revealed he was involved in an upsetting altercation with his brother on the same day that Robert attacked Lee with a shovel.

The revelation encouraged Luke and Lee's mother Wendy (Susan Cookson) to ask lawyer Ethan (Emile John) to look into whether Luke's admission could help free Robert, something which angered her son in the soap's latest episode.

But while the storyline has got fans talking about Robert potentially making a return to the Dales, it seems we shouldn't expect Robert to come back to the village anytime soon.

An Emmerdale spokesperson told Digital Spy: "There are no current plans for the character of Robert to return."

Of course you can never say never in Soapland and, considering Robert was initially sentenced to 14 years in prison, it seems like this storyline could at least be setting up a reduced sentence for the fan-favourite character in case the soap changes its mind further down the line.

The character of Robert Sugden was initially written out of the soap after actor Ryan Hawley chose to leave Emmerdale.

Recently, Hawley's former co-star Isobel Steele, who plays Liv Flaherty, spoke about how much she misses him on set.

"[Danny Miller and I] do miss Ryan a lot," Isobel told Digital Spy. "We were really close when we filmed together. When you're filming every day, you become really good friends.

"We do miss that dynamic and I know that the fans do as well. Hopefully they convince him to come back! He's just had a baby, so I don't know how soon he'd be coming back, so fingers crossed."

Digital Spy

alan45
14-06-2021, 11:15
EMMERDALE star Max Parker has quit the soap after two years playing Luke Posner.

The actor will exit the soap in the coming weeks after his character Luke was outed for being gay. Viewers know Luke is in a relationship with Victoria Sugden.

His brother Lee brutally raped Victoria and later he was killed after Robert Sugden hit him with a shovel.

However it emerged last week that on the day of the attack, Lee was knocked unconscious by Luke - meaning he could be responsible for Lee?s death and not Robert.

It has paved the way for Robert (Ryan Hawley) to return but either way Luke will be leaving. A source said: ?Max was never going to stay on the soap for years.

?He?s ambitious and a talented guy - he?s already auditioning for new roles and excited for the future.

?But never say never - there?s always a chance he could return one day.?

The star also met his boyfriend on the soap. The Sun exclusively revealed how he and on-screen brother Kris Mochrie began dating after meeting on the soap.
The couple now live in a luxury penthouse apartment in Manchester.

lizann
13-07-2021, 21:18
he refuses to appeal his conviction and decides to stay in prison for another decade