PDA

View Full Version : Concealing The Secrets

Bryan
02-10-2005, 15:53
I would just like to congrtulate Eastenders on magaing to keep the next few months storylines a secret...

normally we can tell whats going to happen easily, but at the moment there is merely unstansiated rumours, no-one knows for sure...

details of phil and grants return
who gets the vic
chrissie's exit (we've only seen filming of one of them)
sam's exit (is she freed?, is she killed?)

hopefully it stays this way until its shown on screen, infact id go as far to say that spoilers are made illegal by the soap companies, so as they sue anyone who posts them...it would make for much better viewing if we didnt know what happened

xXxJessxXx
02-10-2005, 16:05
i agree i think the spoliers that will released by the soap wont be as detialed and as obvious as some others that we've heard etc. i think they'll be a lot more hidden and open for the outcome. which is good as even though i feel forced to read them i do like suprises. lol

feelingyellow
02-10-2005, 17:33
Yeah, it is quite good how they're not blurting out all their secrets anymore, it keeps the viewers actually interested.

Jade
02-10-2005, 17:40
it sure worked with emmerdale!

Rain_
02-10-2005, 18:38
I disagree guys, i'd turn into a desperate lunatic without my spoilers

alkalinetrio
02-10-2005, 18:45
lol i dont know what ill preffer to read them or not to read them lol

littlemo
02-10-2005, 20:24
Yes it's difficult isn't it?! but I suppose if there wasn't such thing as spoilers we'd have to get over it. But could the companies of Inside Soap, All about Soap etc., get over it?

Florijo
02-10-2005, 21:03
It is much better when they keep things secret, it makes viewing the episode more exciting. For example, back in 2001, we had 'Who Shot Phil?' which was suspense all the way through. If I remember rightly the BBC even managed to get a European football match posponed for 10 minutes or so for the episode where it was revealed that it was Lisa.

Also I was on the edge of my seat over New Year 2001 as I had no idea that when Little Mo, Kat and Lynne went to Pauline's house, that Trevor had gone walkabout. I had no idea when he would, if ever, come back to terrorise Mo again and that was great. The same goes for Little Mo's trial, although I guessed that they would send her down.

*Sigh* Those were the days when EastEnders was unmissable. :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

Spoilers are good but big events should always be kept secret.

xCharliex
02-10-2005, 21:06
I can see them being leaked soon enough, EE are never really good at keeping the storylines hush hush, so i wouldnt get ya hopes up, they may prove me wrong though

Florijo
02-10-2005, 21:09
I can see them being leaked soon enough, EE are never really good at keeping the storylines hush hush, so i wouldnt get ya hopes up, they may prove me wrong though

I wish EE would tell the tabloids to keep it secret. It's so annoying when you are reading the newspaper and there is an article about an upcoming EE storyline. It's not as if they give you any warning unlike message boards like this one, where you can easily avoid spoilers.

Jessie Wallace
02-10-2005, 22:10
Sam doesn't die, the part is being left open for her to return, the same as Chrissie.

Jessie Wallace
02-10-2005, 22:12
I would just like to congrtulate Eastenders on magaing to keep the next few months storylines a secret...

hopefully it stays this way until its shown on screen, infact id go as far to say that spoilers are made illegal by the soap companies, so as they sue anyone who posts them...it would make for much better viewing if we didnt know what happened

If you don't want to know what's happening then don't look for spoliers. Newspapers would be the only problem as you can't help reading them, so they should be stopped, but other wise if you want to know the spoliers you need to look for them really.

lisa cullumbine
03-10-2005, 12:32
:cheer: HERE HERE I LOVE SPOILERS COS IM AN EASTENDERS ADDICT AND I NEED TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON WELL IN ADVANCE I LIKE TO BE ONE STEP AHEAD OF MY FREINDS TOO.

kat 4 alfie
03-10-2005, 12:36
ill like to have spoilers for what is going to happen in the next month but not thurther then that !

Gabby
03-10-2005, 12:50
I love knowing the spoilers before most of my friends!! But i dont like knowing like 3 months in advance..

i_luv_dennis
03-10-2005, 16:34
i like to no i do

squillyfer
03-10-2005, 16:37
I like hints but i dont like being told outright and knowing the exact day on when things will happed but that my fault i suppose lol

Carrie Bradshaw
03-10-2005, 17:45
I think that some spoilers are okay, but when we know exactly what is going to happen down to the exact words that are going to be said, it makes it pointless actually watching the show. I know that if you don't want to know what is going to happen, you shouldn't read spoilers but it isn't always that simple.
Hopefully at least some of these storylines will stay under wraps for just now and maybe EE will benefit from it.

Emma-Lou
03-10-2005, 18:06
Ilike spoilers for smaller storylines but i don't like being told the outcome for a major storyline months in advance e.g what happensto chrissie and sam

xcutiekatiex
03-10-2005, 18:10
yea i agree meakes better viewing

hayley
03-10-2005, 19:30
Yeh they've done quite well!
like roughly a year ago, the Den/Marcus storyline was brill and no-one smelt a thing!

lisa cullumbine
04-10-2005, 09:09
likewise

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-10-2005, 13:42
And we didn't think Sharon would have been there on Den's Final Night!!

Carrie Bradshaw
04-10-2005, 15:45
And we didn't think Sharon would have been there on Den's Final Night!!
That was a good one - we'd heard rumours but no one actually thought it would happen!

Florijo
04-10-2005, 15:54
I really hope they can keep what happens with Chrissie and Sam a secret. I'd love it if the issue of whether Chrissie gets away was only revealed when the episode is screened. Corrie and Emmerdale have both done this is the past few weeks and it really works well. I think sometimes Easties lose some viewers because people know everything that is going to happen cos the BBC leak too much information.

At the minute all the information about what is going to happen is just from newspapers and there are loads of rumors flying about which is great as no one knows what is true or not. Does The Vic burn down? How does Johnny leave? Does Chrissie escape or does she go down? What about Sam? Jake? Stacey? If it all comes out that Chrissie did it then they could both be in trouble for lying.

xsoftladybugx
04-10-2005, 17:00
I think they have kept it a secret well :D