PDA

View Full Version : Free The Walford One!

Bryan
02-10-2005, 12:56
From The People:

Eastenders mutt Wellard will be locked up and face a lethal jab in a christmas tear jerker.

soap cheifs reckon millions will back their "free the walford one" campaign to save the lavable hound.

Weallard's life will be on the life after he bites cafe boss Ian beale on the bum next month.

Grumpy Ian kicks out at Wellard while owner Gus isnt looking. But the dog responds by taking a chunk out of his leg. Beale then calls cops who impound Wellard under the Dangerous Dogs Act, leaving his fate in the hands of the magistrates.

Furious Albert Square residents set up a petition demanding his release- and viewers will be urged to join theri fight. incredibley the bizzaree storyline will be stretched out over three months!

BBC cheifs, desperate to boost flagging ratings hope the dog's plight will have a similiar impact as Corrie's "Free Deidre" campaigb. The nation was gripped and questions were asked in Parliament after Deidre Rachid was jailed for fruad in 1998.

An Eastenders spokesman said "it's a funny story which we hope the nation will get behind"

Trinity
02-10-2005, 12:57
What utter drivil.

EE has sunk to new depths

Jade
02-10-2005, 12:57
Oh dear, sounds a bit poor/desperate

Bad Wolf
02-10-2005, 12:58
love how dreary is being compared to a mutt!!!!!! total genius eastenders!

Bryan
02-10-2005, 12:59
i thought it sounded funny and good...this three month thing tough i hope it isnt featured heavily for three months as that will just be a yawn fest!

Bryan
02-10-2005, 13:00
remember there was rumours that robbie was coming back around xmas time...well maybe this is why??? :confused:

Trinity
02-10-2005, 13:01
Tio save his dog, aw. I must remember to watch, not.

Florijo
02-10-2005, 13:44
How reliable are The People though? :rolleyes:

I doubt that Wellard will be part of EE's big Xmas storyline. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. Even it if does happen, Sharon/Dennis/Kat/Alfie will be the centre of Xmas storylines and if this Wellard story does happen, it will most likely be used as a bit of light relief to the gloom of a traditional Walford christmas and will not be a big storyline.

However, if I am wrong..... :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :angry:

BlackKat
02-10-2005, 13:48
Am I the only one who'd like to see what they'd do if none of the viewers actually show an interest in what happens to Wellard?

It sounds a bit stupid to me -- if they wanted to do an interactive storyline they should have done it with the Alfie triangle - viewers phone in and vote who Alfie ends up with, :lol:

Or maybe they could use it for Sam and/or Chrissie's trial -- the viewers are the judge, jury and executioner. :p

Jade
02-10-2005, 13:50
Am I the only one who'd like to see what they'd do if none of the viewers actually show an interest in what happens to Wellard?

It sounds a bit stupid to me -- if they wanted to do an interactive storyline they should have done it with the Alfie triangle - viewers phone in and vote who Alfie ends up with, :lol:

Or maybe they could use it for Sam and/or Chrissie's trial -- the viewers are the judge, jury and executioner. :p

Wow!! that would be great about the Chrissie/Sam trial!!

Bad Wolf
02-10-2005, 13:57
Wow!! that would be great about the Chrissie/Sam trial!!

thats such a good idea- let the viewers be the jury!

Dutchgirl
02-10-2005, 13:58
So when was the last time Wellard has been part of the show, he was with Gus wasn't he? But I did not see him for some time now.:searchme:

pops110874
02-10-2005, 14:20
:eek: ok i know a lot of main characters are leaving in the next few months but i never imagined things were so bad they would resort to giving the dog a storyline!!

Domie
02-10-2005, 14:45
Hi Florijo, don't get me started on The People. They should be sued for creating all this nonsense weekly. So far they've never failed to proudce at least one article a week concerning EastEnders.
Anyway, surprisingly i think there is some truth in this, as the following script snippet involves Wellard and Ian...

Filming today: Episode 909 Tx: 05/12/05
IAN: I am not an unreasonable man, Jane, am I? I don't overreact. Name me one instance where I have overreacted unnecessarily...
JANE: Wellard, Peter and Darren, Charlie parking in your space yesterday afternoon, you treading in chewing gum last Wednesday...

I agree this could be anything but i guess there is some truth in in after all.

eastenders mad
02-10-2005, 14:51
what a load of rubbish if they do hat storyline i think it will be the most borning storyline in ee.

What are you thinking off ee writers have you falling sleep.

I certailey won't be adding my name to a petion i think it is the rubbish storyline ever.

squillyfer
02-10-2005, 14:55
Thers only one petition ill be adding my name to...one to prevent this storyline ever happening what a load of rubbish, what with all the good stuff thats happened lately it looked like ee were on the up but this just makes them sink to new levels and even i as a lifelong ee fan will say that this plot is laughable

Florijo
02-10-2005, 14:55
Hi Florijo, don't get me started on The People. They should be sued for creating all this nonsense weekly. So far they've never failed to proudce at least one article a week concerning EastEnders.
Anyway, surprisingly i think there is some truth in this, as the following script snippet involves Wellard and Ian...

Filming today: Episode 909 Tx: 05/12/05
IAN: I am not an unreasonable man, Jane, am I? I don't overreact. Name me one instance where I have overreacted unnecessarily...
JANE: Wellard, Peter and Darren, Charlie parking in your space yesterday afternoon, you treading in chewing gum last Wednesday...

I agree this could be anything but i guess there is some truth in in after all.

Hmm, looks like it might be true but I still believe that The People are exaggerating the whole thing somewhat. It will proberly be a low key light hearted storyline, to contrast the drama of Kat/Alfie etc, who are leaving around Christmas time.

I'd be stunned, and I would seriously think about giving up on EE if this was a major Christmas story.

Domie
02-10-2005, 14:59
Yes they've probably got the gist of the storyline, but in no way will it be a dramatic as described. Tabloids tend to exaggerate a lot, and it seems it's for this case too. This seems to be like a sub-plot, to bring Wellard back on screen and give Gus something to do.

xCharliex
02-10-2005, 15:10
Read this earlier in the paper, its so stupid! Like thats gonna have a patch on Corrie with the whole Deidre storyline! I thought Wellard was gone anyway, its definately desperate

hayley
02-10-2005, 15:17
It sounds o.k but maybe 3 months is a bit of a long time!

i_luv_dennis
02-10-2005, 15:53
no i love that dog
i hate ian lol

xXxJessxXx
02-10-2005, 15:58
3 months! ! ! ! ! :eek: :eek: taking it a bit far isnt it! :thumbsdow

seems a little pointless and broing to me. lol but i think it'll be sad if he's put down. :crying: lol i'm just being soft! lol

Layne
02-10-2005, 16:11
Hang on, Where is wellard anyway?>??

Jade
02-10-2005, 16:12
I bet Wellard is the secret baby sitter for Boby and Freddy when they dissappear for days on end!

feelingyellow
02-10-2005, 17:31
I think this sounds quite good actually, but only if Robbie comes back cos you used to see Robbie and Wellard go everywhere together but you never even see Gus much let alone Gus with Wellard. It sounds quite sweet, but 3 months is just plain stupid.

alkalinetrio
02-10-2005, 18:46
FREE THE DOG lol this shud be funny

Kim
02-10-2005, 20:42
Lol Ian bit on the bum. But I have the feeling it will get boring like the Kat Alfie and Mo storyline as its going on for three months.

***Virgo***
03-10-2005, 09:41
So are they using a dog for one of the xmas storylines?

Gabby
03-10-2005, 09:43
Awww i love Wellard.
I HATE Ian! lol

magtart
03-10-2005, 13:53
:( :crying: :clap: Poor Wellard! But it is about time we saw him on our screens again. He's so gawjus

tammyy2j
03-10-2005, 15:14
For biting Ian Beale, Willard should get a knighthood.

I would sign a petition to get rid of Ian and save Willard.

dddMac1
03-10-2005, 15:54
oh no

kirsty_g
03-10-2005, 15:59
oh i no

Carrie Bradshaw
03-10-2005, 17:40
For biting Ian Beale, Willard should get a knighthood.
I'll second that!! :cheer:
This storyline can't seriously be dragged out for three months, can it?

xcutiekatiex
03-10-2005, 18:17
aww poor wellard

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-10-2005, 20:44
Oh no.. awwwwwwww.. Poor Wellard but then again this should be a good storyline but I think everyone is agreeing that 3 months is going to be a bit toooo long..

Charmed
04-10-2005, 21:04
Omg

melanielovesdennisrickman
05-10-2005, 06:50
Oh no.. awwwwwwww.. Poor Wellard but then again this should be a good storyline but I think everyone is agreeing that 3 months is going to be a bit toooo long..

Yeah,i mean it sounds quite funny,and i hope that Wellard can stay,but come on three months??
Sounds a bit Ridiculous!!

chance
05-10-2005, 09:22
sounds about right for ee.
must remember to record it so i can watch it over and over :wall:

Andy'sLuckyPony
08-10-2005, 12:17
Ack. I HATE it when things drag on that long. I doubt people will care as much about Wellard as they did about Deidre. He's cute and all, but it's a total rip off of Corrie, and it lasts 3 MONTHS. No doubt it will be the focus of every single episode for the entire three months. How pointless. And Ian's such a mean git.

melanielovesdennisrickman
08-10-2005, 13:12
sounds about right for ee.
must remember to record it so i can watch it over and over :wall:

Haha,lol:rotfl: :rotfl:

~*~Leanne~*~
10-10-2005, 15:55
poor wellard don't like ian

Angeldelight
10-10-2005, 17:04
huh? what? did i see that right THREE MONTHS? they have to be joking right?

DennisRbabe
17-10-2005, 17:28
Wellard can't go, he is a soap legend! :(