PDA

View Full Version : David Essex to join EE

Chloe O'brien
02-10-2005, 12:40
Singer and film star David Essex is joining the cast of EastEnders.

The seventies pop idol will play the father of new Albert Square resident Honey Edwards, who makes her first appearance on the soap in November.

"David is an extremely gifted and charismatic actor," executive producer Kate Harwood explained. "His character will bring some real sparkle to the Square."

The news follows the announcement (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24789.html) that Quodrophenia star Phil Daniels has also signed up for the show.

"They don't come much bigger than David," a source told the Daily Star. "Landing him is a coup, especially so soon after the news about Phil. David still has a very strong fan base in the UK and should prove a boost."

Essex's hits include Rock On and Hold Me Close, and he has also appeared in films such as That'll Be The Day and Stardust.

"Coming from the East End, it will be good to go back there," he said in a statement last night.

David will make his first appearance early next year.

Source: Digital Spy

emma_strange
02-10-2005, 13:26
is he the one that sang Winters Tale?

i_luv_dennis
02-10-2005, 15:54
omg yeah

Luna
03-10-2005, 13:46
Singer David Essex will join BBC soap EastEnders to play "colourful charmer" Jack Edwards.
Essex - who had hits in the 1970s with songs including Hold Me Close - will join the soap for a fixed period early next year.

Essex said: "Coming from the East End it will be good to go back there."

Executive producer Kate Harwood said: "David is an extremely gifted and charismatic actor. Jack is going to bring some real sparkle to the square."

'Exciting'

Essex's character will arrive in Albert Square early next year as the father of new character Honey (played by Emma Barton), during an important time in her life.

Ms Harwood added: "Following the great news about Phil Daniels, this is another exciting signing for the show."

Essex rose to fame in the early 1970s with his role as Jesus in Godspell.

He went on to star in the lead role of David Puttnam's seminal rock film, That'll Be The Day, and its sequel Stardust.

Various TV and musical roles followed and he was awarded an OBE in 1999 for recognition of his services to charity.

dddMac1
03-10-2005, 16:19
David Essex is good

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-10-2005, 20:42
Let me search him on google.. More new charcters I see.. Interesting not long to go till Nov..

hazey
04-10-2005, 23:17
David is a very good singer/actor seen him many times, he was so good looking in the 70's all the girls loved him,he had a twinkle in his eye and sexy smile. I haven't seen a picutre of him in a long time, lets hope he has matured well ah girls.