PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca storyline starts up again!

littlemo
30-09-2005, 21:10
I wondered how anybody felt about Rebecca coming back again. The new spoilers show Martin attending her birthday party, without Sonia knowing about it. It is very similar to the way it started, when Sonia saw her without Martin. I get the impression that not many people care about this storyline, but I found myself enjoying it the last time, and I think it could be good again. As long as they don't have to break away from her this time. Because it's heartbreaking.

It seems Martin and Sonia's relationship is becoming even rockier though. They seem to living almost separate lives these days. Martin should be honest with Sonia about Rebecca, it's a difficult situation.

I'm glad Pauline finally left it on good terms with Margaret, and they are able to build some kind of relationship. I don't see why Sonia and Martin shouldn't be able to see Rebecca if Margaret is o.k with the situation. Margaret would have to tell Rebecca eventually that she's adopted, this way she's easing her in with very little stress. And Rebecca doesn't have to worry about rejection or anything when she's older, because she'll already know her parents love her.

pops110874
30-09-2005, 21:39
i didnt mind this story the first time around, it was a but boring when they revisited though....

A third time would be just awful - unless it resulted in rebecca being a part of the show ie. either sonia and martin get full custody somehow OR she just visits them on a regular basis.....

Otherwise it would just be extremly bland and i think martin and sonia need an exciting storyline to keep ppl interested - they are beginning to fade into the background which is a shame as they are both great actors

Debs
30-09-2005, 22:12
I think it should be left for now it is far too soon for them to revisit that storyline, couldnt they have gone back to it in afew years!

sarah21
30-09-2005, 22:13
I liked the parts of this storyline that involved Sonia and Martin. In fact, they were very good and well acted. The problem came with Pauline's involvement and her running all over Sonia and Martin's feelings.

There is a lot more they could do with a young couple than simply rely on this storyline over and over again. They need to have Rebecca become part of the family or forget it.

Angeltigger
30-09-2005, 22:25
Yeah like Sarah said they need to put her part of the family or forget it but there was a storyline when they last went to see Rebeca that Pauline said that she was going to get her family back together

Florijo
30-09-2005, 22:27
For me the Rebecca stuff was good the time when Sonia went mental and kidnapped her as the scenes with her and Dot were great and very moving. I also thought it was good when Pauline started to visit her secretly as it gave Pauline something to do and it did seem to make sense that Pauline would do this as she was feeling very lonely at the time.

Personally, I am not too keen on this storyline being revisited, especially so soon, as it seems so repetative. As someone said on another thread (sorry, I can't remember who), it seems that it is now Martin's turn to feel lonely and then go and secretly see Rebecca, just like Pauline did. All this after they all decided to leave the poor girl alone. I fully expect that it will come full circle soon and it will be Sonia's turn again. :rolleyes:

Jojo
30-09-2005, 22:32
I think they should leave it for a few years - wait till Rebecca is older and then maybe go through her trying to contact sonia etc, its too soon after the last visit.

eastenders mad
01-10-2005, 10:29
yeah i think the storyline should finsh now.
They need a another storyline for the young couples.
Instead of bringing rebecca into the storylines over and over unless Margaret dies.

littlemo
01-10-2005, 13:36
yeah i think the storyline should finsh now.
They need a another storyline for the young couples.
Instead of bringing rebecca into the storylines over and over unless Margaret dies.

But then again Sonia and Martin are parents, and young couple storylines aren't automatically the better route for them. It's a difficult situation. I don't think they can go back to the way things were (before they had Rebecca), too much has happened.

I remember after Jamie died, Sonia told Martin 'that they can't forget everything that's happened, because it's changed them and it's part of their lives'. And whether Rebecca is in their lives or not, they won't forget. So maybe it would be better to have them see her and be happy rather than not and be miserable.

eastenders mad
01-10-2005, 13:38
true true

kirsty_g
01-10-2005, 16:03
i thought some of it was quite good

feelingyellow
01-10-2005, 16:23
i don't think they should have any more of rebecca, the first time we saw her again was good, the second time was rubbish, the third time will be pointless because they've left her be too much, and although it will be rebecca's birthday party it's not really a very strong reason to go back.

littlemo
01-10-2005, 16:29
i don't think they should have any more of rebecca, the first time we saw her again was good, the second time was rubbish, the third time will be pointless because they've left her be too much, and although it will be rebecca's birthday party it's not really a very strong reason to go back.

Yes, it does seem that Martin would need more to convince him to go and see Rebecca, than it being her birthday. Maybe it is just because he's lonely with Sonia being off doing her own thing, and he feels he needs to be close to someone. Or maybe it's something else.

He can't just turn up out of the blue, he must ring Margaret and organise something. It sounds like Pauline is involved. Now that she has seen he really cares about her, I doubt she'll let it go. It does sound a bit repetitive, unless they are going to do something to shock us.

feelingyellow
01-10-2005, 16:33
Yes, it does seem that Martin would need more to convince him to go and see Rebecca, than it being her birthday. Maybe it is just because he's lonely with Sonia being off doing her own thing, and he feels he needs to be close to someone.

hmmm, that'd make sense, but he'd be more likely to have an affair then go and see his daughter who he has never really wanted to see before anyway.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
01-10-2005, 19:55
I personally have given up on them!! Martin and Sonia I mean.

kelly05
02-10-2005, 01:21
The storyline is completely played out!! To me it seems that EE bosses have nothing else to do with Sonia and Martin, only pair them up with stalker friends or else keep revisiting the Rebecca/Chloe storyline. WHO CARES?

Chris_2k11
02-10-2005, 01:41
I actually quite like Sonia. Never been keen on Martin though.

i_luv_dennis
02-10-2005, 09:42
i think it is a good idea

prettypayal
02-10-2005, 12:30
martin is annoying now

littlemo
02-10-2005, 20:29
i think it is a good idea

Yes I agree with you. As long as they don't replay it exactly as it was before, and bring some drama to the scenes, so we enjoy them, it could be good. I do think Martin and Sonia should be involved in Rebecca's life. There's no need to leave her be, clearly Margaret is o.k with them seeing her now. And if a child can have parents in their lives, why let Rebecca go on thinking she is an orphan? They both love her, it's not like they would hurt or mistreat her. She should be allowed the best of both worlds.

no1abbafan
03-10-2005, 10:18
A rubbish storyline last time and will be again. How many parents in real life have contact with the children they had adopted - very few so why have this stupid story re-hashed again. It seems the script writers need to do better coming up with new stories. If the one in the sunday paper about Wellard is true, then we are really in for some great storylines (I think not.)

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 10:21
it would be nice to see martin and sonia start again with a new baby

Gabby
03-10-2005, 11:22
Yeah it would be nice to see them with a new baby:D They would make great parents! I wish they could get Rebbeca back:(

Angeltigger
03-10-2005, 11:45
Martin and Sonia had the chance to be parents and they gave there child up

lisa cullumbine
03-10-2005, 12:06
:hmm: i know it sounds awful but if rebeccas nan dies then martin & sonia could take her back which would be nice then that would give pauline a new leace of life and i do think it would be good for both of them and stop sonia galovanting off everywhere without martin god that drives me nuts poor martin.

stacyefc
03-10-2005, 12:09
i didn't like the storyline sonia adopted her so she should leave margeret alone

Gabby
03-10-2005, 12:16
Martin and Sonia had the chance to be parents and they gave there child up

They gave her up, but they were reeallly young, how were they suppose to makwe right decisions :confused:

Angeltigger
03-10-2005, 12:32
Well than they should never have had sex.. I would never be able to give my child to someone else.. Martin and sonia can not have to even see Rebecca and they will not be able to get her back if Rebecca grandmother dies as she was just go back into care.. but than i think as this is Eastender that they will be able to get her back..

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
03-10-2005, 13:02
Oh dear God...NOT AGAIN! Would they please just let this lie.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it was a highly irresponsible and thoroughly boring storyline. Easties, please just let it die!

hazey
03-10-2005, 13:47
I think they should leave it for a few years - wait till Rebecca is older and then maybe go through her trying to contact sonia etc, its too soon after the last visit. I think they must be running short of ideas,for maartin. But it is definately to soon to restart this story line again.

tammyy2j
03-10-2005, 15:46
They should leave this story. At the moment this is the only story being given to the Fowlers instead just have Martin go pschyo and kill his mother, wife, Naomi, Ian and himself.

dddMac1
03-10-2005, 15:52
i think it is far to soon to start this storyline up again maybe it a few years

Angeltigger
03-10-2005, 15:55
Yeah when Rebecca is older...

xcutiekatiex
03-10-2005, 18:12
i really think this story is boring now it goes on and on

Carrie Bradshaw
03-10-2005, 18:15
If this storyline wll be different and interesting then I have no problem with it, but if it is just going to be a rehash of what happened a few months ago, then it is pointless!

inkyskin
03-10-2005, 19:20
I think that sonia and martin should have access to rebecca.

melanielovesdennisrickman
03-10-2005, 19:22
NOOOO!!!I don't want this storyline to start up again!!
I was getting quite Bored with it last time,do we really need it again??
Is EastEnders trying to get More viewers or do they want to lose them all again??
After the disaster week in France,EastEnders doesn't need another disaster storyline!!

squillyfer
03-10-2005, 19:23
I dont think ee have really decided where they want to go with this plotline its almost as if everytime they say its over and were never going to see rebecca again they change their minds lol

melanielovesdennisrickman
03-10-2005, 19:27
I mean if they give Martin and Sonia custody to Chloe,then yeah,i can actually see a point to this storyline,but if this is gonna end exactly the same again,then i really don't see the point!!

Angeltigger
03-10-2005, 19:31
EE is trying to get rid of their viewers.. if they start this up again than i will just switch off, they can make them have another baby. But are you allowed to see your child if you give them up..

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
04-10-2005, 12:52
EE is trying to get rid of their viewers.. if they start this up again than i will just switch off, they can make them have another baby. But are you allowed to see your child if you give them up..

No you are not. The child can find their natural parents if they wish. The situation being that the adoptive parents are dead has absolutly no impact on whether Sonia and Martin can regain access.

If Eastenders chooses to take this path then I certainly will switch off. I already think the last visit to this storyline was highly irresponsible and glad it stopped when it did. Mothers that give up their children for adoption cannot just swan back into their lives at their own convenience, regardless of the emotional trauma of the child and the child's family.

Debs
04-10-2005, 13:34
No you are not. The child can find their natural parents if they wish. The situation being that the adoptive parents are dead has absolutly no impact on whether Sonia and Martin can regain access.

If Eastenders chooses to take this path then I certainly will switch off. I already think the last visit to this storyline was highly irresponsible and glad it stopped when it did. Mothers that give up their children for adoption cannot just swan back into their lives at their own convenience, regardless of the emotional trauma of the child and the child's family.

I DONT SEE WHY THEY FEEL THE NED TO visit this storyline again so soon, i mean in a few years i thought they may do but not so soon and are we going to have to have the same old boring scripts every 6 months??? PLEASE EE STOP!!! think up some new storylines

willow
04-10-2005, 13:37
I DONT SEE WHY THEY FEEL THE NED TO visit this storyline again so soon, i mean in a few years i thought they may do but not so soon and are we going to have to have the same old boring scripts every 6 months??? PLEASE EE STOP!!! think up some new storylines

excatly!!! WHY????
i am sure there are loads for things they could do!!!!

crazygirl
04-10-2005, 16:20
it says in to days 'whats on tv' that they are reunited

xsoftladybugx
04-10-2005, 17:01
For god sake leave it alone!! It really annoys me the way they keep going back to it all the time....

crazygirl
04-10-2005, 17:11
i know i wish they would too

xsoftladybugx
04-10-2005, 17:12
The other thing that annoys me about it too is that sonia is always moaning and i hate her voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazygirl
04-10-2005, 17:15
she has a lisp

***Virgo***
04-10-2005, 18:57
It will be soooo...yawn....boring...

sarah21
04-10-2005, 22:01
It will be soooo...yawn....boring...

How do you know? Are you psychic??

For once, couldn't we just keep an open mind? They obviously want to run with this storyline, so let's see how it goes before slagging it off. Kate Harewood seems to be more in control than the others and if they actually get some decent writers in, this could be very good.

The other thing that annoys me about it too is that sonia is always moaning and i hate her voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonia doesn't always moan. In fact in the two minutes we've seen her in the last 4 months, she has seemed quite happy. And, I don't think it is very nice skitting the way somebody speaks. It's not as if she can help it. :angry:

littlemo
04-10-2005, 22:18
For once, couldn't we just keep an open mind? They obviously want to run with this storyline, so let's see how it goes before slagging it off. Kate Harewood seems to be more in control than the others and if they actually get some decent writers in, this could be very good.

Sonia doesn't always moan. In fact in the two minutes we've seen her in the last 4 months, she has seemed quite happy. And, I don't think it is very nice skitting the way somebody speaks. It's not as if she can help it. :angry:

Some very good points! I like Sonia's character, and I think the Rebecca storyline could be really good. There's obviously real emotion there, with Sonia and Martin, Rebecca is a very touchy subject in their relationship. And both Natalie and James acted superbly last time.

I think Sonia has had a lot to be upset about in the past but hopefully if this big reunion is true, it will make her a lot happier in herself. What do you think this 'twist of fate' is, do you think Margaret's going to die?

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
06-10-2005, 13:50
Some very good points! I like Sonia's character, and I think the Rebecca storyline could be really good. There's obviously real emotion there, with Sonia and Martin, Rebecca is a very touchy subject in their relationship. And both Natalie and James acted superbly last time.

I think Sonia has had a lot to be upset about in the past but hopefully if this big reunion is true, it will make her a lot happier in herself. What do you think this 'twist of fate' is, do you think Margaret's going to die?

Even if Margaret was to die, it would be totally unrealistic that the Fowlers would be given parental responsibility of Rebecca because of the way the law stands. For some reason everyone keeps forgetting this. Maybe they have some kind of cack handed law that applies to the characters in Eastenders and everyone will live happily ever after......

If Eastenders are going for realism, they're going to have to try a bit harder then this.

littlemo
06-10-2005, 13:57
Even if Margaret was to die, it would be totally unrealistic that the Fowlers would be given parental responsibility of Rebecca because of the way the law stands. For some reason everyone keeps forgetting this. Maybe they have some kind of cack handed law that applies to the characters in Eastenders and everyone will live happily ever after......

If Eastenders are going for realism, they're going to have to try a bit harder then this.

I'm not very up on this subject, but would it be different if Margaret actually left Rebecca to Martin and Sonia in her will. Margaret and Pauline have come to an understanding, and clearly her and Martin have as well if she's letting him visit Rebecca on her birthday. Maybe they decide amongst themselves that she would be better with her family (the Fowlers).

RealityGap
06-10-2005, 14:01

I totally agree! well said

RealityGap
06-10-2005, 14:04
I'm not very up on this subject, but would it be different if Margaret actually left Rebecca to Martin and Sonia in her will. Margaret and Pauline have come to an understanding, and clearly her and Martin have as well if she's letting him visit Rebecca on her birthday. Maybe they decide amongst themselves that she would be better with her family (the Fowlers).

there is a possibility - although you cant leave a child in your will - you appoint guardian ship

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
06-10-2005, 14:08

Rebecca is not a possession and cannot be 'left' to someone in her Will.

She may express a final wish that Rebecca be placed with the Fowlers but it would be extremly unlikely that Social Services would agree with this as the emotional distress to the child would be catastrophic and produce all kinds of identity issues for Rebecca.

It is more likely that she would be placed in the care of other family members (as in her adoptive family) or failing that, the local authority.

RealityGap
06-10-2005, 14:15
Rebecca is not a possession and cannot be 'left' to someone in her Will.

She may express a final wish that Rebecca be placed with the Fowlers but it would be extremly unlikely that Social Services would agree with this as the emotional distress to the child would be catastrophic and produce all kinds of identity issues for Rebecca.

It is more likely that she would be placed in the care of other family members (as in her adoptive family) or failing that, the local authority.

I dont think that there was any other adoptive family members otherwise she wouldnt have been placed with an elderly grandparent

I dont think that the social services would be overly keen to place her with the Fowlers either after all the problems they have had with them - although there is a shortage of placement for older children so they might actually feel that if Margaret had requested that Rebecca was placed with the Fowlers then they are worth concidering

RealityGap
06-10-2005, 14:25
according to Now magazine (in another thread) Rebecca is placed with Sonia and Martin after her gran has a stroke

littlemo
06-10-2005, 14:27
I dont think that there was any other adoptive family members otherwise she wouldnt have been placed with an elderly grandparent

I dont think that the social services would be overly keen to place her with the Fowlers either after all the problems they have had with them - although there is a shortage of placement for older children so they might actually feel that if Margaret had requested that Rebecca was placed with the Fowlers then they are worth concidering

I don't know why she was placed with her grandmother, I have heard Margaret talking about other family. And I've heard Sonia talk about them too. I remember once when Pauline went to visit, Margaret said that Rebecca was with her auntie, so there must be other people who could take her. Maybe Sue and Neil requested that if anything happened to them she should go to Margaret. Perhaps Sonia, Martin and Pauline will have a battle on their hands, if other members of the family want custody.

The social services may have had problems with the Fowlers in the past, but at least they can see that they are persistent. And it's obvious they love Rebecca.

littlemo
06-10-2005, 14:29
according to Now magazine (in another thread) Rebecca is placed with Sonia and Martin after her gran has a stroke

Yes but I still don't see how she would be automatically placed with them. Maybe when she gets ill Pauline goes round to the hospital and convinces her to let Rebecca come back to Walford.

Luna
06-10-2005, 14:30
maybe the gran decides that sonia, martin and pauline are the best people she should be with

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
06-10-2005, 14:43
Yes but I still don't see how she would be automatically placed with them. Maybe when she gets ill Pauline goes round to the hospital and convinces her to let Rebecca come back to Walford.

God, knows! I get so tired of the unrealistic rubbish churned out by this withered old soap!

Social Services will ALWAYS place a child with a family member over a stranger (which is what the Fowlers are and what they should STILL be if they stuck to the law).

emma_strange
12-02-2006, 14:34
Can i just ask, how come Rebecca is still with them? What happened with Margaret? And isnt it a bit strange how she has just forgot all about her gran and never mentions her or anything, and how she doesnt go visit?

eastenders mad
12-02-2006, 15:05
yeah is Margaret going to ever come back.
you would think Rebacca will be wonder what is happing to her gran, but she is still bit young so she might forget.

Cat2687
12-02-2006, 16:42
Margaret is ill adn sonia takes rebecca to see her.... they keep talking about it

Dr. Tangliss
12-02-2006, 17:16
I think the storyline is frankly, boring.

Cornishbabe
12-02-2006, 19:21
God, knows! I get so tired of the unrealistic rubbish churned out by this withered old soap!

Social Services will ALWAYS place a child with a family member over a stranger (which is what the Fowlers are and what they should STILL be if they stuck to the law).

All of rebeccas adoptive family other than margerete are dead. So there was little other option

littlemo
12-02-2006, 20:10
All of rebeccas adoptive family other than margerete are dead. So there was little other option

That's not true. It's only Rebecca's adoptive mum and dad that are dead. Margaret has mentioned an auntie and Sonia has said in the past they were part of a big family.

I think it's unrealistic Rebecca's still staying with them, especially since Margaret was so against them spending time together at first. She might stay for an odd weekend, but it's been months. In the real world I think Margaret would rather have her stay with another member of the adopted family.

*-Rooney-*
13-02-2006, 13:58
yeah i was wondering that if margaret was to die would martin and sonia have a better shot at getting custody of her

xStephaniex
15-02-2006, 10:08
i think this is a good storyline. butu what happens when margret dies? is rebecca back with sonia and martin and will she find out there her reall parents ?. and if sonia becomes bi-sexual (having feelings for naomi) then how will it end for martin??? would martin be left with rebecca or will they patch it up ?

*-Rooney-*
15-02-2006, 17:56
well thats a complicated story line if ever a heard one