PDA

View Full Version : Snoring (In or out of Pregnancy!)

Jojo
26-09-2005, 10:56
Can anyone help me?? I have a really bad snoring problem at the moment, mostly due to me have a bit of a cold, but I have also had it through my previous 2 pregnancies. Once I have had the babes, it goes, but at the mo it is so bad that my hubby has starting sleeping in the spare room!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for helping to stop it - and not sleeping on my back doesn't help, as apparently it doesn't matter how I sleep, side, back etc, I still snore!!!! Its quite funny, but for my hubby to have to move into the spare room, doesnt really do a lot for our relationship, so could do with some advice.

hazey
26-09-2005, 13:51
oh dear I am sorry to say that I don't think any thing will help as the cold will make it worse,but everyone I know including me,snored in the latter part of being preganant. other than raising your head slightly higher than normal, to allow a clear airway. or you could try the breathe strips from the chemist they are suppose to open up the airway and stop snoring. You can also get a spray which you spray into the nostril before going to bed worked for my dad,but check if you can use it at the moment though, its called snore stop, Good luck

Debs
26-09-2005, 15:32
I snore quite loudy anyway but during my pregnancy i got tentimes worse! dave was driven mad by it!

No it great for your relationship but good thing is it wont last forever

Debs
26-09-2005, 15:36
Jojomum i found this for you!! probably dont help much but thought id look it up!During pregnancy many changes occur within the respiratory system, which can alter the function of sleep, increasing the likelihood of sleep disordered breathing. These changes might include increased ventilatory drive and metabolic rate and changes in upper airway patency. This may give rise to snoring.

Circulating oestrogen and progesterone levels increase markedly during pregnancy. Additionally an increase in circulating blood volume may give rise to nasal congestion and rhinitis.

In a recent study of healthy pregnant women 23% were said to have snored. However in a comparative study of non-pregnant women of the same age groups snoring was only found in 4% of subjects.

One product that may be of use during your pregnancy may be the Snore Calm® Herbal Spray (http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/shop/snore_calm_herbal_spray.php?PHPSESSID=484c3f7623bd 19d36053c208f8154c79). This is a natural herbal product with anti-catarrhal properties.

Jojo
26-09-2005, 20:24
Brilliant - thanks guys, I'll try anything - it comes to something when my hubby has moved into the spare room in order to get some kip. Apparently, I snore badly when I have had a drink aswell - if it didn't keep him awake I'd find it pretty funny!!

I have tried nasal sprays from the docs before, but they haven't worked, so will have to see if these work, though I know the elevation bit doesn't as I sleep with a normal pillow and a V pillow so....

chance
26-09-2005, 22:09
thankfully i dont have that problem,never have had in or out or pregnancy.
have you tried those clips you can get to put across your nose?

Jojo
27-09-2005, 10:55
I think I might go to the chemist and get some of those nasal strips and see if they help. I didn't snore last night though, so hubby actually slept in the same bed as me!!! Wierd how its not every night that it happens :searchme:

chance
27-09-2005, 12:37
I think I might go to the chemist and get some of those nasal strips and see if they help. I didn't snore last night though, so hubby actually slept in the same bed as me!!! Wierd how its not every night that it happens :searchme:
keep the snoring up! that way you get the bed to yourself! :)

Jojo
27-09-2005, 13:09
Thats true - I didn't sleep very well last night, but the previous two were great as I was spreadeagled over the bed!!!

Debs
27-09-2005, 14:34
Thats true - I didn't sleep very well last night, but the previous two were great as I was spreadeagled over the bed!!!

Chuick him out anyway then!! at least you will get a good nights sleep!!! in my last month i was such a pain in bed ( apparently !!) and dave borrowed my mums inflatable bed to sleep on every night!

RealityGap
27-09-2005, 17:25
we have a super king size bed so it feels like Tom sleeps in another bed anyway LOL

the breath easy strips do help when pg- Jools Oliver used them too (Jamie Olivers wife)

Debs
27-09-2005, 17:42
oooh id love a superking size bed!!!!

Jojo
27-09-2005, 20:35
we have a super king size bed so it feels like Tom sleeps in another bed anyway LOL

the breath easy strips do help when pg- Jools Oliver used them too (Jamie Olivers wife)I'll definitely have to get some of them then - anything to stop him moaning at me due to lack of sleep!! lol

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 10:31
my fella has to wear earplugs he says i snore really bad

Jojo
03-10-2005, 10:40
Well, I bought the smallest pack of nasal strips I could, cost me £13!!!!! :eek:

AND THEY DON'T WORK!!!!

Gabby
03-10-2005, 11:18
Oh no, i dont think that there is much you can do:( the only thing i can think of is the nasal strips :confused:

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 12:17
just keep snoring!!

Gabby
03-10-2005, 12:19
lmao, yeah just keep snoring! think of it this way: you get the whole bed to yourself!! lol

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 12:56
:rotfl:
lmao, yeah just keep snoring! think of it this way: you get the whole bed to yourself!! lol

Gabby
03-10-2005, 13:01
lol:p Its true, i wouldn't try and solve it, i would just take up all the bed!!:D:D

Jojo
03-10-2005, 16:11
I've come to that conclusion now and I sleep much better when I'm not worrying about it so....

crazygirl
03-10-2005, 19:34
you be a deep sleeper!!

Jojo
04-10-2005, 10:42
I'm a very deep sleeper except when I am snoring - I even hear myself sometimes and wake myself up!!!! :rotfl:

crazygirl
04-10-2005, 11:39
I'm a very deep sleeper except when I am snoring - I even hear myself sometimes and wake myself up!!!! :rotfl:yea thats happened to me a few times :lol:

Jojo
04-10-2005, 11:43
Its hilarious cause I'm asleep dreaming about someone snoring, then deciding (still in my sleep) that I wish they would stop snoring, and then wake up with a start, realising its me!!! :rotfl: I can always tell in the morning too cause I have a sore throat when I wake up.

I'm at my worst during pregnancy and when I have been drinking, so I think my hubby is dreading this one being born as I'll be able to have a few more drinks then!! :lol:

chance
04-10-2005, 13:02
i cant stand snoring! my other half does it if he lays on his back so i have to give him a kick or whack and that soon shuts him up as he gets the hint and turns over!

Debs
04-10-2005, 13:20
I'm a very deep sleeper except when I am snoring - I even hear myself sometimes and wake myself up!!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: i do that sometiems!! wake up with a jump thinking what wa sthat??? oh it was mr snoring :rotfl:

Debs
04-10-2005, 13:22
i cant stand snoring! my other half does it if he lays on his back so i have to give him a kick or whack and that soon shuts him up as he gets the hint and turns over!

Dave does that to me im always being nudged and whacked!! im a very loud snorer but i cant help it anyways it dosent disturb me ( except the odd time i have woke myself up)

Jojo
04-10-2005, 13:36
i cant stand snoring! my other half does it if he lays on his back so i have to give him a kick or whack and that soon shuts him up as he gets the hint and turns over!I snore on my front (when I wasn't pregnant anyway!), side, back, upside down, you name it, I snore in that position - and if hubby nudges me, apparently I sit bolt up right, tell him where to go (not very nicely either) and then go back to sleep and carry on snoring!! :rotfl: I find it quite funny now, but I don't think he does!!!

crazygirl
04-10-2005, 16:27
my daughter snores too and she's only 10