PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mum are you????

Debs
24-09-2005, 00:55
http://www.handbag.com/family/quiz/mother/

Debs
24-09-2005, 00:59
im a means well mama

Drifter
24-09-2005, 04:03
means well mama

Jojo
24-09-2005, 09:16
Apparently I am a Mighty Mama

It isn't easy hitting the right balance when it comes to parenthood all of the time, let alone some of the time, yet you manage to strike a nice one most of the time. You try to make sure there are usually home-baked treats in the cake tins and you also have some semblance of an independent life. You're that winning combo of old-fashioned mama and funky mama. You're relaxed and easy-going and while you certainly enjoyed your free-spirited years, travelling and partying, you won't be taking your kids to Goa or a rave any time soon. How do you do it? Nobody's really sure, least of all you, but carry right on, you're doing fine.

GO ME - I'm quite chuffed now - maybe this is why my 12 year old son isn't worried about cuddling me and giving me goodbye kiss still!! :cheer:

willow
24-09-2005, 09:25
Apparently I am a Mighty Mama

It isn't easy hitting the right balance when it comes to parenthood all of the time, let alone some of the time, yet you manage to strike a nice one most of the time. You try to make sure there are usually home-baked treats in the cake tins and you also have some semblance of an independent life. You're that winning combo of old-fashioned mama and funky mama. You're relaxed and easy-going and while you certainly enjoyed your free-spirited years, travelling and partying, you won't be taking your kids to Goa or a rave any time soon. How do you do it? Nobody's really sure, least of all you, but carry right on, you're doing fine.

GO ME - I'm quite chuffed now - maybe this is why my 12 year old son isn't worried about cuddling me and giving me goodbye kiss still!! :cheer:

i am too!!!!

Trinity
24-09-2005, 09:30
Oh drat - I am a muddled mama!

Jojo
24-09-2005, 09:31
i am too!!!!:cheer: I feel really chuffed, even though its a just for fun thing - the thing with parenting, you hope you are doing it right, but never sure, so when something tells you that you are a mighty mama, it really strikes a chord!! :D

willow
24-09-2005, 09:32
i know!!! i am well pleased!!

Chloe O'brien
24-09-2005, 13:00
I.m a Mighty Mama :)

What a surprise my daughter says I'm the wicked witch of the west!!

hazey
24-09-2005, 18:48
I am a mighty mamma.... My son says I am always cool.

twinkle_eyes83
24-09-2005, 23:05
Mighty Mama
thats what it says lol

Gabby
24-09-2005, 23:08
Awww thats well cute that he cools you cool! What a lovely son!!:)

RealityGap
27-09-2005, 17:36
Im a mighty mama too :)

xXxJessxXx
27-09-2005, 18:29
Me too i'm a 'Mighty Mama' (well not yet, only 16 but i suppose i will be one in the future. i answerd them as i would do if i were a mum)

loving the bit saying 'You're that winning combo of old-fashioned mama and funky mama.' lol

Just wondering what you answerd to the question about the teenage boy and his girlfirend.

Your 16-year-old son wants his girlfriend to stay overnight. In his room. You:

*Tell him he she can stay, but only if her parents agree as well. (You also make sure he has condoms.)

*They'll do whatever they want, so you might as well keep them from doing it in cars or parks

*Refuse absolutely without discussion, they're just babies

* Anything to stop him pawing the au pair would probably be all right

Just wondering as this caused problems wiht my older brother and sisters. lol what would your answer be as a parent? are you easy going or strict.

Jojo
27-09-2005, 20:38
I answered the first one - they are 16, as long as they have protection and the other parents are agreed I would rather that than some of things I got up to!!! I ensure that my lad knows the entire score with the whole sex thing, and we speak openly about it.

RealityGap
28-09-2005, 16:18
I answered the first one - they are 16, as long as they have protection and the other parents are agreed I would rather that than some of things I got up to!!! I ensure that my lad knows the entire score with the whole sex thing, and we speak openly about it.

that is what I awnsered too - hopefully I would be able to talk them out of it but if not I know that they will just do it else where so why not at least make is a safe environment for them

xXxJessxXx
28-09-2005, 17:15
that is what I awnsered too - hopefully I would be able to talk them out of it but if not I know that they will just do it else where so why not at least make is a safe environment for them

Thats what i said. if i was a mum i would rather them be doing it in their own home than at some drunken party on the streets etc. of course id rather they wouldnt but what can you do. lol plus i am 16 my self so i know what would be going on and have seen it all with my older brother. lol. i think parents need to be laid back wioht this sort of thing. just turning a blind eye or putting a stop to it only pushes it further. i mean what teenager really does do eveything their parents say. lol none i know.