PDA

View Full Version : Leon

Bryan
20-09-2005, 20:14
I started watching this in Film Studies today and i thhink its one of the best films ive ever seen? has anyone else watched this film starring gary oldman and natalie portman? its amazing and id reccomend it to anyone!

its about this little girl, natalie portman, who goes to the shops and whilst shes out, these gangsters lead by gary oldman came round and brutally shot dead her father, step mother, and big sister, known of whom she really cared about but she also found out that they killed her innocent 4 year old brother, she goes to her neighbhour next door to help, leon, and it turns out he is a hitman, and she asks him to help her learn who to shoot so she can get revenge on gary oldman and his gang,

so far ive only watched an hour of this film and im glued! i want to know what happens and how it ends i cant wait 2 days until my next film studies lesson!!!

squillyfer
20-09-2005, 21:07
I love this film we have it on dvd its ace

Johnny Allen
20-09-2005, 22:38
Yeah it's an excellent film, trust me Bondboffin you won't be disappointed by the ending, its spectacular (I won't tell you or I will spoil it for you). I wish I was studying this film in Film Studies, mind you I'm studying Brian DePalma's films at the moment, and I'm watching Carrie.

Leon is a terrific movie, but hey I'm a huge Gary Oldman fan so I was bound to say that. I actually rank this in my Top 5 of all time. Natalie Portman is fantastic in the film, but Oldman is breathtaking as Stansfield.

xCharliex
20-09-2005, 22:47
Leon is a wicked film! Have it on DVD is fab

Chloe O'brien
21-09-2005, 10:01
I've got the film on DVD I seen it at the cinema about 12 years ago. A brilliant film then. One thing BB Oldman is a cop not a gangster and I won't spoil the plot by telling you the ending but in true Oldman fashion in playing pyscho roles brilliantly he does get his cumuppance good style.
If you think Gary Oldman is amazing in Leon you have to see him in True Romance the man's a fruitcake but stunningly sexy:wub:

Bryan
21-09-2005, 15:08
I've got the film on DVD I seen it at the cinema about 12 years ago. A brilliant film then. One thing BB Oldman is a cop not a gangster and I won't spoil the plot by telling you the ending but in true Oldman fashion in playing pyscho roles brilliantly he does get his cumuppance good style.
If you think Gary Oldman is amazing in Leon you have to see him in True Romance the man's a fruitcake but stunningly sexy:wub:

a cop that shoots people dead for hiding his drugs? he must be more of a bent copper than gabrielle kent!

Chloe O'brien
21-09-2005, 15:24
Well that's what they get for not liking Beethovan :)

Bryan
21-09-2005, 15:49
Well that's what they get for not liking Beethovan :)

:rotfl: he was barmy during them beethovan scenes!!!!

Johnny Allen
21-09-2005, 16:55
:rotfl: he was barmy during them beethovan scenes!!!!

Aww yes great scene, 'I love Mozart' Oldman at his best.

Bryan
22-09-2005, 17:18
oh my gosh!!!

wtahced the end of leon today! funny, action packed and emotional!!! i shed a tear at the end, the people in my class laughed at me!!!

a question thats bugging me who sang "the rise and fall" that they played at the end?

Bryan
25-09-2005, 10:15
oh my gosh!!!

wtahced the end of leon today! funny, action packed and emotional!!! i shed a tear at the end, the people in my class laughed at me!!!

a question thats bugging me who sang "the rise and fall" that they played at the end?

please someone answer its really bugging me and i want a copy of that song!!!