PDA

View Full Version : The Lisa Maxwell Discussion Thread.

Christina
18-09-2005, 15:39
because too many threads are going too much off topic discussing her and i just wanna make sure these can all go in one place!

if we wanna talk about pictures/outfits/appearances/interviews WHATEVER please can we try and keep them all here rather than dragging other topics off topic???

BTW i just wanna say i love lisa and this isnt moaning at all you others who do too!!

to get us all started, there is an interview with her in the tv times and little pictures in radio times, tv quick and tv choice. but only little tiny pictures thogh.

samantha nixon
18-09-2005, 16:15
hi
i think this is a great idea for a thread and i think it will be my fav thread i think lisa maxwell is great and i also have got the magazines you said about and i love what shes wearing in tv choice

pip_kin
18-09-2005, 17:40
what's she wearin in the t.v choice mag????

samantha nixon
18-09-2005, 19:08
i think it was the one with the nice white skirt and a pinky top

pip_kin
18-09-2005, 19:09
do u mean the same one that is in the t.v times????

samantha nixon
18-09-2005, 19:15
i think i mean the tv times not tv choice ive bought so many mags this week i dont no whats in what

Sam Nixon Fan
18-09-2005, 19:27
hehe cool great idea for this thread!

Tori
18-09-2005, 20:07
yeah great idea!!

Christina
18-09-2005, 21:52
thanx. well if youll all write about her hereinstead of going crazily of topic talking about straighteners and stuff on other threads that people want to talk about actual storylines in then for gods sake please do it!its really starting to do mynut in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Nixon Fan
18-09-2005, 22:02
well without being rude the topics in which we have discussed this are not really related to tb at all the phil neil n sam thread has been shown to be untrue so is now just a general conversation thread and the thread relating to lisa and scott is actiually about award ceremonies and the fashion that are worn there so maybe it strayed slightly of course but not drastically! If it is a problem to others then them threads can be easily ignored by people who dnt want to participate! Im not being rude im just expressing my thoughts on the subject!!

Tori
19-09-2005, 08:47
i'm sorry we keepgoing off topic. its just that its relevant to the topic

Christina
19-09-2005, 12:30
yeh like talking about how you wear glasses and what colour everyones hair is is on topic is relevent to the sam neil and phil thing but ANYWAY....................

Christina
19-09-2005, 12:38
well without being rude the topics in which we have discussed this are not really related to tb at all the phil neil n sam thread has been shown to be untrue so is now just a general conversation thread
well you know thereis a general conversation area on herehttp://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=12 for that kindof thing and if it aint related to tb then thats were you should be talkning abou it?

If it is a problem to others then them threads can be easily ignored by people who dnt want to participate! Im not being rude im just expressing my thoughts on the subject!!
it is a problem to others who want to try and pick out the facts about what the topic is about but think its hard to try andpick thrugh all the chatting about republic etcetera. im not being rude either but im just trying to make my point. point made.

Sam Nixon Fan
19-09-2005, 12:46
Technically this isnt on topic either so i guess everyone is capable of going off topic at times!!

The sam neil n phill thread has been shown to be completly incorrect and therefore it was presumed that it was to be closed so in the mean time it became a place for general conversation which as the thread is no longer in use it doesnt require people finding out information from it so should not pose as a problem!!

samantha nixon
19-09-2005, 15:38
i agree with sam nixon fan as in the threads yeah we were talking about straightners but the convo started on lisa maxwell's hair so it is on topic

Tori
19-09-2005, 20:13
yeah and her clothes aswell. i don't know how it got onto confidence though...

samantha nixon
19-09-2005, 20:40
i think it was that lisa's so confident and everything like that

Tori
19-09-2005, 20:42
ah, right lol! i must have missed that post

Sam Nixon Fan
21-09-2005, 17:52
Lisa Maxwell was on LKtoday, grrrr i missed it did anyone see t? She was apperntly interviewing the cast about their feelings about the live ep!!

Tori
21-09-2005, 17:54
no, sorry, is it repeated?

Sam Nixon Fan
21-09-2005, 18:02
i doubt it!!

Tori
21-09-2005, 18:03
oh its part of gmtv... we'll just have to hope someone has it on tape!

Sam Nixon Fan
21-09-2005, 18:05
yeah lol i wish they would let us know when these things are gunna be on!!

samantha nixon
21-09-2005, 18:19
so would i as i watch gmtv

Tori
21-09-2005, 18:23
yeah, maybe people don't know. does it say in the tv listings?

samantha nixon
21-09-2005, 18:44
dont think so

Tori
21-09-2005, 18:48
hmm... its really annoying when that happens

samantha nixon
21-09-2005, 18:50
yeah as id of loved to see it

Tori
21-09-2005, 18:54
same here

Sam Nixon Fan
21-09-2005, 19:48
me3

Tori
21-09-2005, 19:49
yeah. its annoting when that happens

pip_kin
22-09-2005, 21:39
i always miss things with lisa on it i saw the kickstart thing on gmtv and her on 'who wants to a millionaire' where she lookin stunnin and was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!

samantha nixon
23-09-2005, 07:57
i saw who wants to be a millionaire aswell and she was really funny on it did anyone see her on this is your life but im going back a couple of years at least i think

Sam Nixon Fan
23-09-2005, 09:54
she use to be a comdedian remember!!

samantha nixon
23-09-2005, 16:02
i no and the clips ive herad of her on comedy things are funny aswell

pip_kin
23-09-2005, 17:10
i dont think i had heard of her when she did this is your life i really wana see it though!!!!

samantha nixon
23-09-2005, 18:29
she was in the bill i think as i knew who she was but my dad and mum didnt tell me she was on it and i missed it as i was at my nans

Christina
24-09-2005, 15:49
EXCLUSIVE: LISA MAXWELL - I WAS A BAG OF BONES
The Bill star Lisa Maxwell on how her bid to make it big in the States led to an eating disorder

By Sue Crawford

With a long-term role in The Bill and a happy home life, actress and mother Lisa Maxwell looks the picture of contentment.

In a business which is notoriously fickle, the 41-year-old has firmly established herself as no-nonsense DS Samantha Nixon and she juggles her workload with caring for five-year-old daughter Beau.

Yet as Lisa chats animatedly about her role in the forthcoming live episode to mark ITV's 50th anniversary, she admits that life has not always been so good.

In the early 90s, after becoming one of Britain's top comediennes, Lisa was whisked off to Hollywood to sign a two-year contract with movie giants Paramount. She was given her own apartment and a prized parking space, while writers scrambled to create comedy shows to suit her talents.

But behind the glamour Lisa was growing increasingly unhappy. She missed her family and friends and, due to a mix-up, missed out on the role of Daphne Moon in Frasier. Worse still, in a city where size and shape mean everything, the petite actress found herself sucked into an unhealthy regime of starvation and over-exercising.

"I got very low and I ended up with an eating disorder," says Lisa frankly.

"I don't think I recognised it at the time, but I was obsessed with working out and I hardly ate anything. I would see how long I could go without eating and then when I felt weak I'd grab something like a bagel with a tomato on top of it, because it was low in fat. I wouldn't even consider eating a proper meal.

"I got stick thin - I was a bag of bones. I had abs and muscles and zero body fat. I'm 5ft 2ins and I weighed only around 6st 13lbs, a size 4-6, which is tiny. My jeans were a size 4, which was totally ridiculous.

"I was also working out every day and was super-fit - or so I thought - but actually my hair became really thin and my skin wasn't great. I went for one audition and Teri Hatcher, Nicollette Sheridan and lots of ex-models were in the room and they were all gorgeous.

"I tried not to get competitive over appearance but, in the end, I succumbed and became totally self-conscious.

"I ended up unable to act or perform properly because I was more concerned with how I looked."

When her agent told her she had won the part of Daphne in Frasier she thought things were looking up, but after turning up and criticising the script she discovered, to her shock, it was actually an audition.

Unused to such frankness, TV bosses changed their mind and offered the role to Jane Leeves - who went on to become the highest-paid British TV actress.

Dejected, she came home. But quitting is not her style and at the age of 31 she decided to reinvent herself back in Britain, signing up to appear alongside Shane Richie in Grease in the West End.

Shortly afterwards she met sculptor Paul Jessup. In 1999 she gave birth to their daughter Beau and the couple got engaged the following year. Lisa didn't work for 18 months and then in 2001 she landed a part in the BBC drama series In Deep, playing Nick Berry's wife.

Despite almost 30 years in showbusiness it was her first straight acting role and from there she was spotted for the part of ambitious policewoman Samantha Nixon.

Although Lisa has enjoyed great success and Beau shares her love of dancing and singing, the mum would prefer her daughter to stay out of the business, at least for now. "I was in the same class as Lena Zavaroni and eating disorders were rife," Lisa recalls.

"Casting directors would come round the classrooms and pick the best-looking ones; it was as callous as that.

"When I was 12 the school put me on a diet but my mum told the school there was no way I should be on one at 12.

"Beau is a very clever girl, happy and normal and if she wants to go into showbusiness later then that's absolutely fine, but I'd rather she didn't have that pressure now."

Lisa hopes her future holds another child and marriage to Paul, but she has no desire for a big wedding.

"I had Beau when I was 35 so I was a grown-up when I made all those decisions about marriage and motherhood and I couldn't actually go and spend thousands of pounds on a frock and a do," she explains. "I feel it's important to get married because I don't like having a different surname to my daughter, but I'd rather spend the money on the house."

As for work she could not be more content. Her character has had a fair share of gritty storylines and Lisa is hopeful that will continue. Currently she is busy rehearsing for The Bill's drama-packed live episode which is screened tomorrow night.

She confides: "In one scene I have to leg it from the briefing room round to the front office and I've been training like an athlete with a stop watch. I have four seconds to do it and the first time I did it in eight, so on the night the high heels will have to go!"

While many actresses would still be smarting over missed opportunities in Hollywood, Lisa counts her blessings. "I have looked back and thought 'what if?'" she admits.

"I'd be living in the States and I'd probably be extremely rich, but I'd also be anorexic or bulimic and had plastic surgery up to the eyeballs. Had I got the role in Frasier I think I'd have been hideous and unbearable.

"Instead I'm so happy. I'm happy in my skin, I'm happy with my bloke and I'm happy with my work.

"And of course had I stayed in America I would never have had my daughter Beau, which is the most blissful thing ever."

pip_kin
24-09-2005, 17:11
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww blesss her little cotton socks what a sweet heart thats the sweetish thing i have read in ages!!!! size 4 omg!!!!!! and putting a 12 year old on a diet how pathetic its good he mum said no, i'm about 5ft and weigh just under 7 stone but im not skinny!!!!!!!!!!!!

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 18:34
ah thats so sad and its probabably the worst thing you could say to a teenager that they need to go on a diet and where did you get this from

Sam Nixon Fan
24-09-2005, 19:05
Oh btw Lisa is due to be on Mastermind, it has not been filmed yet, will let yas no when an air date comesout!

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 19:06
cool how did you find this out

Christina
24-09-2005, 19:18
i got this from mirror.com. it was also in the actual paper as well with a massive pic from a photoshoot thing i think they did with lisa maxwell in.

you're welcome...................................... :ninja:

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 19:19
thanks i was wondering if it was a mag as if so it would still be out thanks though and just to let you no its co.uk as .com comes up with something weird

Christina
24-09-2005, 19:21
it is no problem. it was a massive 2 sheet spread though..........it also had a tiny tiny pic of lisa and scott togeva as well...........

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 19:22
cool would you be able to scan the pics or not dont worry if you cant

Sam Nixon Fan
24-09-2005, 19:37
Ooog yes id love the pic aswell if its possible!!

I got that from a dude who owes me a favour a few days ago but couldnt post it till it was confirmed and then i saw it had been released so thought id let ya no!!

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 19:46
what so have you got the pic or do you want it

Sam Nixon Fan
24-09-2005, 19:50
No i havnt got it i would like it aswell!! My friend saved the paper for me but i havnt had chance to go round and pick it up yet so havnt seen it!!

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 19:51
hi i found this on the mirror site which is really good so thanks christina and i found this has it already gone or what as i dont really get it

IT'S the brainteaser that's sweeping the world - and now we're offering readers a helping hand to scoop £9,000 in the first Su-doku TV challenge tonight.

Daily Mirror columnist Carol Vorderman will test the nation with the toughest number puzzle yet on Vorderman's Su-doku Live.

But we're publishing an early version of the puzzle grid to give you a racing start.

During the show, Carol will add extra numbers and invite viewers to text, email or phone when they have worked it all out

Nine studio teams will be led by a celebrity host including Lisa Maxwell - Samantha Nixon in The Bill - Kaye Adams from Loose Women and Debra Stevenson - Frankie Baldwin in Coronation Street.

The teams will battle it out to fill in the puzzle first and win the £9,000.

There will be another £9,000 jackpot for viewers trying to work it out at home.

The winner will be announced during the show on Sky One tonight at 9pm.

And an extra £9,000 will be donated to the British Heart Foundation - Richard Whiteley's favourite charity. Richard, who presented hit Channel 4 quiz show Countdown with Carol, died on Sunday while recovering from heart surgery.

In Su-doku, which means single or solitary in Japanese, players must fill in every row, column and block in an 81-square grid.

The game is thought to have originated in Switzerland in the 18th century but then went out of fashion in the West.

It was rediscovered by retired Hong Kong judge Wayne Gould in 1997 when he was browsing in a Japanese bookshop.

He said: "I've always been keen on crosswords so I picked it up.

"I think there's something very enticing about the grid with its empty squares just waiting to be filled in. It's not a word game like most puzzles so it appeals to a completely different part of the brain."

Gould, 59, spent weeks creating the new grid and believes it is the most challenging yet.

samantha nixon
24-09-2005, 19:52
No i havnt got it i would like it aswell!! My friend saved the paper for me but i havnt had chance to go round and pick it up yet so havnt seen it!!

oh right

Tori
24-09-2005, 20:26
awwww bless her. show business can be quite nasty sometimes

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 00:00
i know sounds harsh dont it but at least she is happy and healthy now!!!!!!! what is mastermind?

Sam Nixon Fan
25-09-2005, 00:57
Master mind is a programme! lmao!!

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 12:17
oh right lol what kind of programme???

Tori
25-09-2005, 15:12
brain teasers etc. you gotta figure stuff out

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 15:17
o right i see sounds well hard lol i never heard of it before!!!!!!!

Christina
25-09-2005, 16:51
brain teasers etc. you gotta figure stuff out

urrrr i am sure that its the show were people sit in the LEGENDARY black chair and anser questions on their special subject???????????

astomished some of you havent heard of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its iconic???? been around for like 30 years.
"i've started so i'll finish"

Crazy Gal 88
25-09-2005, 17:40
i know it!!!lol

Sam Nixon Fan
25-09-2005, 18:43
urrrr i am sure that its the show were people sit in the LEGENDARY black chair and anser questions on their special subject???????????

astomished some of you havent heard of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its iconic???? been around for like 30 years.
"i've started so i'll finish"

Yeah that chair was always huge wasnt it, shel look tiny!!
Shows she must be quite interlectual to go on a programme like that!!

samantha nixon
25-09-2005, 18:58
shes always on that type of thing aint she as she done millionair

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 19:35
big black chair is it normally kids that go on it!!!!!!!!

samantha nixon
25-09-2005, 19:46
its both

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 19:49
is there always three contestants??

samantha nixon
25-09-2005, 19:51
i thought there was more than 3

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 19:54
oh there probly is i didnt even know what is was lol your probly right!!!!!!!!

samantha nixon
25-09-2005, 19:58
i cant remember watching it but i watched a bit of a kis one and there was 5 i think but i could also be wrong

Tori
25-09-2005, 20:03
i thought there were teams, or is that university challenge?

Christina
25-09-2005, 20:06
for gods sake if your thatconfused do the obvious......... http://www.bbc.co.uk/entertainment/mastermind/

pip_kin
25-09-2005, 20:06
haha no one really knows what it is do they!!!!!

samantha nixon
26-09-2005, 15:49
for gods sake if your thatconfused do the obvious......... http://www.bbc.co.uk/entertainment/mastermind/
its not her fault if she doesnt watch it

Christina
26-09-2005, 16:37
its not her fault if she doesnt watch it

it's wasting valuableconversation space when a page is spent trying tpfigure out the formtat of the program when a simplegoogle could getyou all the answers.

cool would you be able to scan the pics or not dont worry if you cant

sorry i've said in posts before that i cant.

samantha nixon
26-09-2005, 17:10
oh right thanks anyway and i only said its not her fault as shes posted before that she doesnt watch that much tv any way back on topic lisa maxwell

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:22
are we talkin about me here???

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:23
um... yeah

whens the next awards show lisas going to?

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:27
oh what did i do wrong christ calm down!!!!lol!!!!

i reckon it will be nta's not sure though!!!!1

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:29
it was the thing about mastermind

right, the NTAs. i'll try to remember to record that

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:33
oh sorry i dont watch educational programmes sorry il save it for when 'christina comes on here!!!!lol!!!

she is nominated for 'best actress' anit she!!!???

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:34
lol!! i think she is and the bill is nominatd for best drama

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:36
not being funny even though she deserves to win cause she is brill i dont think she will, it will be normal winners, jessie wallace, that person from corrie!!!! i think the bill has a fair chance of winning though!!!!!!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:38
the bill has a great chance of winning, after that brilliant live episode. lisa does deserve to win, but i don't know if she will because as you say, it'll be the normal suspects

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:40
but the bill isnt as popular as it was last year, i hope tacky footballers wifes doesnt win i cant stand that programme!!!! i dont think that is fair though but its the way it is, has lisa ever won an award before??

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:41
yeah, the bill isnt as popular, and there were less people watching the live episode. i hope to god that FW doesn't win. that programme is awful. i don't know what lisa has won in the past

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:44
omg i finally found someone else who hates that programme all my friends love it but i think its so tacky!!!! oh i dont think she has ever won anything, cause the bill is her first perminant role or something like that!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:49
i think she mioght have done a while ago, because she had her own shows. i don't think any soap awards though

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 19:54
oh right she deserves to win 1 i voted for her!!!!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 19:57
i voted for her and TB several times!!!

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 20:00
lol i could only be botherd to do it the once i also entered the competition to go to the nta's but i dont think i won!!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:02
yeah, you would know by now and i think i have too much spare time!

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 20:08
lmao i dont have enough spare time now i have a job!!!! i really hope she or the bill wins i will be gutted if neither of them do!!!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:09
yeah, or if one of the male cast members doesnt win in that category either

Christina
26-09-2005, 20:09
lol!! i think she is and the bill is nominatd for best drama

it depends if she makesit onto the shortlist or not because they always have a massivelist that has plentyof actresses on but thenonthe atual night, it 's shortened to aboqt 5ish.

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:10
ah, right. lets hope she is then!

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 20:13
yeah but she is nominated already you have to be nominated to get into the final five!!!!

can i just ask why were you getting so stressed about me not knowing what mastermind is, im sorry i dont watch educational programmes but there is no need to get in a mood about it!!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:15
ye, i know.i was saying lets hopw she gets enough voted to be in the final 5

Christina
26-09-2005, 20:15
yeah but she is nominated already you have to be nominated to get into the final five!!!!

can i just ask why were you getting so stressed about me not knowing what mastermind is, im sorry i dont watch educational programmes but there is no need to get in a mood about it!!!!

sighs if youd readwhat i'd written earlier............

it's wasting valuable conversation space when a page is spent trying to figure out the format of the program when a simplegoogle could get you all the answers.

this is how threads go off topic and then get closed.

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:17
i kinow it annoys you and i'm sorry for wasting space, but we like to debate and talk over things. i'm not saying you don't and i'm not meaning any offence by it, i'm just saying we like to debate.

can we go back to topic?????

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 20:19
i wasnt saying that to you lmf i was telling christina lol sorry didnt mean that in a nasty way, i dont reckon she will make it in to the last 5

oh dear wasting space, good one! there is plently of it too be wasted!!!

Christina
26-09-2005, 20:22
oh dear wasting space, good one! there is plently of it too be wasted!!!

im sure the moderators will be thrilled to hear you take their valuableserver space for granted...... :o

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:23
ok, you guys stop it.

can we talk about lisa now????

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 20:25
o grow up! sorry but you were getting worried about us getting your o so precious thread closed before we are the ones keeping that thread going not you, i dont want to get banned just cuase you are miserable so im going to stop now cause i like it on here!!!!

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:28
we are wasting space. that picture of lisa in your banner is stunning

pip_kin
26-09-2005, 20:32
ok im sorry lmf she annoyed but im sorry and il stop now, didnt mean annoy you!!!

what on my banner?

Tori
26-09-2005, 20:34
the piccie of lisa maxwell

Jade
26-09-2005, 20:34
Enough pettyness.

Closing