PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation thread for British TV Actors and Actresses

Johnny Allen
18-09-2005, 14:27
Whilst Britain seems to lose alot of their British stars to Hollywood, I thought I would start a thread showing my appreciation for those who have stuck with Television drama's and those who continue to outstand us with their talent.

Whilst many from British televison have gone on to crack films i.e. Catherine Zeta Jones, Sean Bean, some remain on our screens.

1st up Sir David Jason:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfools/wallpaper/images/400/s7_del.jpg
Now whilst he may be an obvious one and be very popular, he has never made the switch across the Atlantic, and has remained in many British fans hearts. With roles in programmes such as Open all hours, Porridge, The Darling buds of May, The Quest, A Touch of Frost and most memorable Only Fools and Horses, the man has a incredible talent, and I hope to see more if his work in the future.

thoughts on David Jason?

Johnny Allen
18-09-2005, 14:41
http://juliewalters.fanspace.com/images/julie.jpg

Another favourite in many people's hearts, Julie Walters continues to showcase her fine acting talents in many TV shows. And whilst she may have started in some films (Calendar Girls, Harry Potter etc), she is never far from British television.

Proving a real natural at comedy with Victoria Wood, and in hit programmes such as Canterbury Tales 'Wife of Bath' she still has the ability and nack to make the audience laugh.

But further prove of her talent is in Drama, in one-off of Drama's such as My beautiful son, Murder and more recently the excellent Ahead of the Class, Julie shows real raw acting, and shows jsut why she is one of Britain's national treasures.

Chloe-Elise
18-09-2005, 15:22
Julie Walters and David Jason are both absouletly brilliant actors,both at comedies and in serious dramas. They are really unique and brilliant on tv :)

hazey
18-09-2005, 15:30
One of my favourites is John Thaw (sadly passed away). He has been in so many british Tv films and films,a excellant actor.My all time favourite Mr Tom

bubblegum_fairy
18-09-2005, 17:16
They are both great actors/actresses, and have done so much in the land of British TV.

I must say I most aspire and respect Elizabeth Carling, Sue Johnston (Its to hard to say who i respect the most) and Trevor Eve.
They are all fab and extremely talented in their own ways, and been in a number of shows throught there careers and I hope they continue.

Johnny Allen
18-09-2005, 18:40
Andrew Lincoln
http://www.sendit.com/new_img/this_life_gfx/profiles/char04.jpg
whilst he may be younger than some of our National treasures, I always feel Andrew goes unnoticed in the Acting world. Having launched his career in This Life as Egg, Andrew went on to better and grander programmes, starting in British flicks such as Gangster no.1, Human Traffic and Love Actually, and drama's such as Whose's baby?, and Canterbury Tales.

Andrew will be remembered for his work in hit channel 4 comedy Teachers, playing Simon. Andrew can be seen next Saturday in one-off drama Afterlife.

xCharliex
18-09-2005, 19:54
Julie Walters is my all time fav, i adore her! I especially love her in Calendar Girls and Educating Rita! Shes a fantastic actress!

Tori
18-09-2005, 21:11
Lisa Maxwell is my fave Actress of all time...

alan45
18-09-2005, 21:36
For me it has to be Helen Mirren oh and of course the fantastic Trudie Goodwin
(if I knew how to put pictures of them here I would)

minxy
08-03-2006, 15:32
Hi

I agree Andrew Lincoln is a fantastic actor, very talented and hot too :)

I wondered if anyone knew of any Andrew Lincoln Websites

love

Lilianna x

([email protected])

Chris_2k11
08-03-2006, 15:41
David Jason is probably one of the best british actors. :clap: :bow:

Richie_lecturer
08-03-2006, 17:10
Amen to that Chris. :) :clap:

pookie1968uk
08-03-2006, 20:58
david jason is a brilliant actor, he is great on frost. acting with the late great ronnie barker he was fantastic in open all hours and porridge too.
john thaw was fantastic too. inspector morse is my all time favourite drama series and i have them all on dvd.

CrazyLea
08-03-2006, 21:07
yep david jason is without doubt one of the best actors!!

Daisyduck
08-03-2006, 21:09
One of my favourites is John Thaw (sadly passed away). He has been in so many british Tv films and films,a excellant actor.My all time favourite Mr Tom sis you are an old softey when it comes to Mr Tom :rotfl:

Daisyduck
08-03-2006, 21:15
My best actress is Joanna lumley[ ad fab, and also the avengers], judy dench [James bond, and Mrs Henderson presents,and dianna rigg [Mrs Emma Peel in the avengers] in the sixty`s showing my age now.

hazey
08-03-2006, 21:26
My best actress is Joanna lumley[ ad fab, and also the avengers], judy dench [James bond, and Mrs Henderson presents,and dianna rigg [Mrs Emma Peel in the avengers] in the sixty`s showing my age now. I have to agre, But I would put Judy Dench first followed by Joanna Lumley,oh Diana rigg now she was brilliant in the Avengers with Mr John Stead.and last but not least Julie Walters.

Chloe O'brien
09-03-2006, 12:41
I agree with everyone that David Jason and John Thaw (when alive) are excellent whatever they are in. I like David Morrissey who was ripley scott in "blackpool" he was also in state of play and played gordon brown in the deal. i think that john simms marc warren and christopher ecclestone dont get the admiration they deserve

Siobhan
09-03-2006, 12:46
I have to agre, But I would put Judy Dench first followed by Joanna Lumley,oh Diana rigg now she was brilliant in the Avengers with Mr John Stead.and last but not least Julie Walters.

I think the point of the thread is for the british actors who didn't go to hollywood and I am sure Judy Dench has. I agree with Julie Walter, David Frost and Joanna Lumley. Another excellent british actor is Trevor Eve and I love Caroline quentin

Jojo
09-03-2006, 13:20
Trevor Eve, David Jason, the late John Thaw, all fantastic actors