PDA

View Full Version : How do i get my voice back?!?!

Abi
17-09-2005, 12:08
Somehow, i dont know how come, but i've lost my voice. I kills when i talk and cough, and nothing seems to help it. Any ideas?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-09-2005, 13:14
I heard honey works..

eastenderfan_91
17-09-2005, 14:00
sorry dont know any cures maybe cough medicine though and i hope you get better soon xxx

.:Kitz:.
17-09-2005, 15:09
really sorry Abi, i have no idea. Hope you feel better soon xx

hazey
17-09-2005, 15:23
Poor you, I had this last week, try not to talk let the throat rest, Honey is good and garggling with salt or TCP, you need to keep the back of the throat moist so plenty of fluids. If its still the same in three days go to your GP, as it might be your tonsils, playing up and you may have a infection and Anti B's will clear it up quick.get swell soon. :)

Jojo
17-09-2005, 15:27
I agree with Hazey, Abi, warm honey and lemon drinks I find help, but definitely see your doctor if it carries on as it could be a bacterial infection which will need antibiotics.. Get well soon though.. :D

Abi
17-09-2005, 23:46
Todays been utter hell.... i tried cough medicine but it did absolutly nothing. It worked for about... 30 seconds! i'm sure i overdosed!

This evening i had to sit in a crowd of smokers, which made it ten times worse.....

I might try the gargleing thing that Hazey mentioned.... its worse a go! I'm definetly going to the doctor though if it doesn't clear up soon, i can't live without my voice!

eastenderfan_91
18-09-2005, 15:52
Todays been utter hell.... i tried cough medicine but it did absolutly nothing. It worked for about... 30 seconds! i'm sure i overdosed!

This evening i had to sit in a crowd of smokers, which made it ten times worse.....

I might try the gargleing thing that Hazey mentioned.... its worse a go! I'm definetly going to the doctor though if it doesn't clear up soon, i can't live without my voice! sorry about me suggesting the cough medicine :(

samantha nixon
18-09-2005, 16:51
you could try hot lemonade or blackcurrant it works as my mate always does it

hazey
18-09-2005, 19:27
Abi I hope the gargling has helped a bit and that you are feeling a bit better today :)

hazey
19-09-2005, 22:07
Somehow, i dont know how come, but i've lost my voice. I kills when i talk and cough, and nothing seems to help it. Any ideas? I was just wonder Abi are you better now, have you got your voice back yet.

luna_lovegood
23-09-2005, 17:41
I had laryngitis earlier this year, it took about a week for my voice to come back.

I think I gargled alot using Salt Water, its disgusting but does work. Also has alot of cough medicine and just tried to not strain my vocal cords by trying to speak. Thats how mine came back.

Has your voice come back yet? If not I'd go and see your doctor.

Abi
25-09-2005, 19:58
Sorry i haven't been on much this week to "update" you guys.

Well my voice has been coming and going all week. The gargling works, but only for half an hour then it feels worse. I've tied Lemsip, but its the most vile thing i've ever tasted, and it make me feel ill. I think i'm going to have to go to the doctors soon, its going on for so long!

samantha nixon
25-09-2005, 20:00
ah poor you its been like it for ages i think you should go doctors as it could be a throat infection

luna_lovegood
28-09-2005, 23:11
Sorry i haven't been on much this week to "update" you guys.

Well my voice has been coming and going all week. The gargling works, but only for half an hour then it feels worse. I've tied Lemsip, but its the most vile thing i've ever tasted, and it make me feel ill. I think i'm going to have to go to the doctors soon, its going on for so long!

That really sucks, I quite like that Lemsip stuff though (the black current one!) I find its better for Flu/cold bugs rather than my throat. At the moment i'm having this medicine called Nirolex Cough and Congestion relief, its tastes so good i'll be wanting it when i'm better!

It seems strange that gargling is making your throat worse, afterall salt water should destroy the bacteria so I don't know what else you can do but go see your doctor.
Hope you get well soon :)