PDA

View Full Version : How to save up money??

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-09-2005, 10:06
I want to save up money in ways but I don't know how.. not because I shop or anything like that its just I don't get pretty much nothing!!

Mum/Dad gives me no pocket money.

I used to help mum doing jobs around the house and now she won't pay me for that!! She's using my method and turning it the other way round :crying:

The only money I do get is from my Birthday and Christmas unless I don't recieve presents I don't need from my family.. I get wonderful presents from my Friends though :D But yeah..

So as you can see.. do I need to say anymore?!

Btw.. no way I am getting a paper round or anything like that at all!!

Tori
17-09-2005, 10:49
um... can't you persuade your parents to give you money? try and be extra helpful all the time, eg, when she gets in make her a cup of tea etc... maybe then she'll start being nice to you!

alan45
17-09-2005, 11:02
Btw.. no way I am getting a paper round or anything like that at all!!

Why not???? Unless you can find some rich person to give you money for nothing then it would seem that you may actually have to get a part-time job to earn some. :)

Tori
17-09-2005, 11:08
if you want loadsa money in a short time, do a morning paper round in the holidays... btw, try and get the longest one going! i used to get £17.50 a week for a morning one, mon- sat!

Abi
17-09-2005, 12:01
Open a bank account with somewehere like Nationwide. They have teenage ones, and have a great interest rate, so you'll earn more not top of it, and your not so tempted to spend it! The nationwide one is a "smart " account (i have one), i also have a halifax one, which isn't so good but is still alright

17-09-2005, 13:31
I got HSBC.. student something to 16 one. Interest rates are ok.. Paper Rounds = Early Morning.. not my thing lol. I will try the compromising with mum and please :D Idea again :p

Tori
17-09-2005, 18:01
evening paper round spicy?

squillyfer
17-09-2005, 18:04
I'm not aloud a paper round and I dont get pocket money either I know what its like spicy at fourteen i want money of my own

Tori
17-09-2005, 18:05
awww.. talk it through with your parents squillyfer

17-09-2005, 20:45
I'm not aloud a paper round and I dont get pocket money either I know what its like spicy at fourteen i want money of my own
Yay someone I can relate too :D Im not keen on a paper round and mum dosen't really want me doing a paper round either.. or any other jobs. I want money of my own like squillyfer. I like saving my money and just spending when I really need it!! Glad your here with me!! :p

17-09-2005, 20:46
awww.. talk it through with your parents squillyfer
Dad will defo give me pocket money of only mum allowed him!! So I will have a talk with mum and have back up answers to her questions :p + I will be a lil angel :rotfl:

Tori
17-09-2005, 20:48
kk, good for you spicy

Abi
18-09-2005, 12:32
i used to deliver leaflets, as in the junk mail you hate. That wasn't so bad. You can do it when you want, and you have a few days to do it over. No early mornings, and you can avoid Saturdays etc if you want. I did help on a paper orund once, and it wasnt anywhere near as easy

samantha nixon
18-09-2005, 13:00
you could always find something to help at eg if you like animals is there stables near you or is there a hairdressers you could tidy up in or something

Tori
18-09-2005, 19:35
be a part time entertainer

Abi
18-09-2005, 19:36
yeah, Companys that do Kids parties are always after young people

Tori
18-09-2005, 19:38
yeah, i'm a freelancer though :D