PDA

View Full Version : I can't do it!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-09-2005, 19:27
I can't do it!! I try to reduce the sweets and fatties but its nto working!! I do 30 misn on tredmill when I watch EastEnders but that's it!! I just can't stop!! Help me!! :crying:

Trinity
15-09-2005, 19:30
30 minutes on a tread mill 4 times a week isn't bad going! Well done!

As for the sweets etc I find it easier to cut them out totally than to reduce them - once I have started something sweet it is never going to be left half eaten!

I have a colleague who can keep 1/3 of a snickers in her draw for 3 days before she eats it - how???

But if I cut the junk out totally I don't miss it - after about 3 days!

15-09-2005, 20:09
Actually I do Wednesdays watching another program but you know.. I will try and reduce this time.. god how am I going to live :eek:

Abi
15-09-2005, 20:19
Why not just try bettwe sweets and chocolate bars? Like sugar free sweets, and Breakfast bar type things?

Meh
15-09-2005, 23:02
Go boxercise. Watch the weight fall off.

Luna
16-09-2005, 09:33
Go boxercise. Watch the weight fall off.

Ive just started that and ouch!!! but it is good

Luna
16-09-2005, 09:35
Spin classes are good too - but you really have to work your way up i started over a month ago at ten minute classes and im only up to 30 mins classes at the moment. You can burn over 2000 calories in a 1 hour session :D

Jade
16-09-2005, 10:19
Sounds like your doing enough excercise as it its, you just need to train your taste buds!

17-09-2005, 10:00
Why not just try bettwe sweets and chocolate bars? Like sugar free sweets, and Breakfast bar type things?
I like them.. yeah good idea.. Thanks :D

17-09-2005, 10:02
Im planning to do 1 hour of running a day instead of 30 mins.. we also got a rowing machine so I could do half an hour on that and do 30 mins as normal on the tredmill..

I then (taken from Abi and Jade's idea) could switch to breakfast bars and sugar free sweets.. :eek: Just remembered them weight watchers snacks :p

If you mean Boxing NB then that's a :nono: Never heard of spinclasses before :hmm:

Debs
21-09-2005, 16:47
Im planning to do 1 hour of running a day instead of 30 mins.. we also got a rowing machine so I could do half an hour on that and do 30 mins as normal on the tredmill..

I then (taken from Abi and Jade's idea) could switch to breakfast bars and sugar free sweets.. :eek: Just remembered them weight watchers snacks :p

If you mean Boxing NB then that's a :nono: Never heard of spinclasses before :hmm:

boxercise is supposed to be really good spicy it different from boxing! you dont actually beat someones brains in!!!

it kills me to stop sweet stuff but i find after a few weeks of no choc or sweets i actually dont want them anymore and when i eat them they taste vile! my weakness is mcdonalds mcflurrys!!

04-10-2005, 20:25
Its not working guys :crying: Im really concerned about my weight and I don't care what friends say obviously because I know how I look like and blah blah.

I think I will switch to one hour on tredmill..

EDIT: I SAID THIS LAST TIME AND I DIDN'T DO IT :eek:

I heard that if you do excerise and you once get into it you feel really active and happy etc.

I feel like saying I give up but I won't but the flippin' chocolate and sweeties around is my problem.. I buy something and I know its wrong.. but I still do it!! :(

If only they sell Alpen bars or something :angry:.. I want to wear stuff that I would like to wear and look like but I can't.. well I can but I know I will look awful as it would look good on me :(

hazey
04-10-2005, 21:41
oh dear you must try cutting down on the sweeties, its is hard I know I have been there. the tread mill will help,but I found it didn't help much. I went to the gym for 3 months and weighed more because the fat had turned to muscle so the only way is to diet. You can do it spicy. If I can any one can.

04-10-2005, 21:44
Im like Pringles.. once I 'start' I can't seem to be able to stop :( Thanks hazey :)

Your doing so well!!

Jade
04-10-2005, 21:47
Spicy, your too younge to go on a seriouse diet unless you are overweight, if thats the case go to the docs and get a diet sheet ( I bet your not) when your growing its best to take advise from a professional as you dont want to end up with brittle bones etc!!!

If its litirally a case of just eating too much choc! and sweets, eat jelly beans they have hardley any fat in them at all!!!!! or try some of the cadburys highlights bars (less than 100 calories a time) some of the low fat choclate deserts are nice!!!! I find that if i'm craving choclate or sweet things then an Options drink such as white choc flavour or mint choch (they have loads) do the trick at only 40 calories per serving

Carrie Bradshaw
04-10-2005, 21:50
I feel like saying I give up but I won't but the flippin' chocolate and sweeties around is my problem.. I buy something and I know its wrong.. but I still do it!! :(
I used to be a complete chocaholic, but a couple of years ago, someone challenged me to give up chocolate for Lent. It was quite hard at first but after a few weeks, I didn't really feel like eating chocolate that much. I continued not eating chocolate at all for almost a year (not having an advent calendar was really hard) and now I do eat chocolate a bit, but nothing like as much as I used to. :)

Try cutting sweets and chocolate out gradually, giving yourself managable goals like to only eat them once in the next week or something like that. Also, find something healthier to eat or something fun to do when you would normally pig out.

Hope this helps! :D

04-10-2005, 21:51
No Im not over weight or anything but Im not exactly thin or like a good shape to wear the clothes I want. I just want to lose a bit of weight. I know for a fact its the chocolate.. even mum says!!

I like the idea of jelly beans :rotfl: Thanks Jade.. I need to ask mum to buy me some of these 'great sounding' low fat things!!..

I haven't got that much will power when it comes to chocolate I see..

Jade
04-10-2005, 21:53
Options are great!!!

Wight Watchers do a great choc and vinilla desert!!! mmmmmmmmm also cadburys do a low fat choc and cream moose thing, there is loads of stuff out there if you look!!!!

xsoftladybugx
06-10-2005, 15:26
Spicy if your really serious about this then you have to cut out most of the sweet things you eat!! Put the treadmill up to an hour a night and cut most of the sweets out you will see a difference in no time :p

06-10-2005, 17:09
I try to be serious one moment and once I see chocolate its like oh.. it won't hurt sort of thing but yesterday and today I seriously cut down than the last week that's for sure!! :D Hopeuully I will reduce even more and get them Jelly Beans in :rotfl: and maybe next time mum goes shopping to Sainsbury's ask her for some Weight Watchers snacks.. them crisps I like from them and maybe some Alpen bars :)

06-10-2005, 17:13
Options are great!!!

Wight Watchers do a great choc and vinilla desert!!! mmmmmmmmm also cadburys do a low fat choc and cream moose thing, there is loads of stuff out there if you look!!!!
At home I don't have really have a desert after dinner or lunch anyways so that's a good thing already!! I just need to bring in the jelly beans, sugar free chewing gum.. yummy Alpen bars and weight watchers snacks.. Now I need to get through mum :rotfl:

Gabby
06-10-2005, 17:16
Dont do the treadmill for 1 hour, you dont want to push it too much. I would just reccomend cutting out sweeties and chocolate, to jelly beans:p Or try healthy bars, once you learn how to cut out sweets and choc you should be ok, its impossible for me, i say i will go on a diet, but i go into a sweet shop and can't resist it so i buy a chocolate!:angry: soo annoying!!

06-10-2005, 17:42
Exactly!! Im going to stick to half an hour and when I find the tredmill more easier and happier to use I will switch to one hour.. for now I need to work on the sweeties.. aybe cross country is ok for me :rotfl:

Gabby
06-10-2005, 17:47
oo no i got that next week:( should loose about 1 stone doing that! lol last year i thought i was actually going to die, my heart felt it was like going to pop out of my BODY!!!!:( i hate it!

06-10-2005, 17:51
Same ere!! I thought I was going to collapse!! It was bare hot and then it was drizziling and it was like h**l, but this year its way better.. I sort of enjoyed it.. how wierd and that's me talking :eek:

xsoftladybugx
06-10-2005, 18:06
It was fun spicy you cant deny it!! You running like a mad thing to the finish line was hilarious!! Congrats you done well YAY!! :cheer:

Gabby
06-10-2005, 18:08
Lol awww! Thats good to hear, and i heard your score wasnt to bad either!

xsoftladybugx
06-10-2005, 18:09
Whose mine or spicys?

06-10-2005, 18:20
I think Gabby means mine..

xsoftladybugx
06-10-2005, 18:21
oh :(

17-10-2005, 18:39
So far with the help of xsoftladybugx I have not been going to the ice-cream van and buying sweeties.. the cookies are less than before. Its reduced alot compared to before!!.. Now I need to start on the hardies.. that was the easy point :rotfl:

xsoftladybugx
17-10-2005, 18:40
Happy to help spicy :D

19-10-2005, 15:52
Found this in a mag and didn't know where to put it so I put it in my thread :rotfl:

"Love doughnuts? Go for a jammy one - they have fewer calories (about 230) than ring ones, which are 280 calories a pop! "

Jojo
19-10-2005, 16:00
Found this in a mag and didn't know where to put it so I put it in my thread :rotfl:

"Love doughnuts? Go for a jammy one - they have fewer calories (about 230) than ring ones, which are 280 calories a pop! "How about some chocolate eclair Spicy - each one has 159 (and that is my excuse for eating all 4 of them earlier lol)

19-10-2005, 16:58
Don't like them much.. to creamy :p

27-10-2005, 14:38
Been doing 1 hour everday on the tredmill since Monday... I will see how this works out when school starts again..

Katy
27-10-2005, 14:57
i cant afford a treadmill, theres no space in my house either. I'm trying to cut down on the old chocolate too. I'm trying to do 30 minuites on this thigh traigner that my mum bought of the shopping channel. I might try your trick spicy and do it whilst watching Eastenders.

27-10-2005, 14:59
Takes your mind of what your doing.. I can only do it if I find a programme interesting.. EE at evenings except on Wed I now watch that Trinny and Susannah programme..

Mornings (this week) I been watching similar to This Morning. Lol not that exciting but it keeps me going...

Katy
27-10-2005, 15:02
Well i watch enough tv so there going to be something interesting on that will take my mind of it.

27-10-2005, 15:05
Lol that's brilliant then!! My sister hogs the Sky and is TV ever interesting during the day... well No for me...

So I have to pick my times!!

Katy
27-10-2005, 15:14
i know what you mean by TV in the day. Its so boring. Evening is probably best because you can lose some of the energy that you have built up during the day, and its when the soaps are on. My couisin was giving me some tips on how to keep fit, hes well into health and fitness. Hes given me a book on like what to eat and how much exercise you are meant to do compared to the weight and height of you. Its quite interesting.

27-10-2005, 15:15
o0o0o cool!! :D I want one now :p..

pip_kin
27-10-2005, 15:15
omg exercise, how do you manage it, icant even run for 10mins with out gettin a stitch!!!

27-10-2005, 15:16
That was me before.. Lol.. it gets easier trust me!! I been doing it for 3-4 months now.. or more.. don't know but quite a long time.. only now Im doing it everday before it was like on and off..

Katy
27-10-2005, 15:17
dont run then find something that suits you. i decided i had to get fit because it was kind of embarrasing walking to college with my mates and being out of breath and they were all fine.

27-10-2005, 15:20
Btw I can't and I don't run... I walk really fast on the tredmill.

Katy
27-10-2005, 15:23
I also like fitness DVDs they seem to work but i can never find one that suits me.

pip_kin
27-10-2005, 19:49
meh, im too lazy, i'm startin a dance group cause i enjoy dance!!!