PDA

View Full Version : Stressed Gail Porter dons mohican

Luna
09-09-2005, 11:38
Gail Porter is wearing a mohican after losing most of her hair to stress.

However, rather than hiding her baldness from the world she attended a London fashion show sporting a pink mohican comprised of the remains of her hair.

The Evening Standard quote her as saying: "I was in Los Angeles about a month ago, when one morning I woke up and pretty much all my hair had fallen out in one night. I was terrified and completely shocked.

"I didn't know what was going on, but I went to a doctor who told me I was suffering from alopecia. He told me it is the result of stress and there is no cure. At first I didn't want to go outside.

"I didn't want to come to the party tonight, I didn't know what people would say. What made it worse was that people kept telling me to wear a wig or a hat. But I decided to show everyone that I'm bald, I'm not afraid and this isn't going to beat me."

Her alopecia is not Porter's first sign of stress. She has previously battled anorexia and post-natal depression before attempting suicide over the break-down of her marriage to Dan Hipgrave.

Dr. Tangliss
09-09-2005, 13:22
Good on her not covering up. The poor thing, I would hate to lose my hair, how awful for her. :(

Debs
09-09-2005, 13:50
that is my worst nightmare losingf my hair! i wouldnt be as brave as her though i would have to hve a wig on.

good on her though, seems to be one thing after another for her at the moment

hazey
10-09-2005, 16:03
My heart goes out to her, it is expected when men go bald, but as a women people are so cruel and would stare at you. I think she is brave to not wear a wig,I know I would have to wear a wig. Hopefully it will grow back for her, I have know someone with the condition and it sarted to grow back when they started to feel better,heres hopeing.

Abi
10-09-2005, 19:43
Good on her. Its something that loads of people suffer from, but shes not hiding away. It must have been really realy tough on her.

Trinity
10-09-2005, 19:52
She still looks quite cute, she has dyed it pink at the front. It must be really awful to loose your hair, it kind of comes out in clumps not all over, I think that it probably looks much better this way. she is very brave