PDA

View Full Version : i loved you enough

chance
06-09-2005, 22:46
I loved you enough to ask where you were going, with whom, and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough to insist that you save your money and buy a bike for yourself even though we could afford to buy one for you.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover that your new best friend was a creep.

I loved you enough to make you take a Milky Way back to the drugstore (with a bite out of it) and tell the clerk, "I stole this yesterday and want to pay for it."

I loved you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your room, a job that would have taken 15 minutes.

I loved you enough to let you see anger, disappointment and tears in my eyes. Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.

I loved you enough to let you assume the responsibility for your actions even when the penalties were so harsh they almost broke my heart.

But most of all, I loved you enough to say NO when I knew you would hate me for it. Those were the most difficult battles of all. I'm glad I won them, because in the end you won, too.

eastenderfan_91
07-09-2005, 12:25
i dont get it? sorry

Trinity
07-09-2005, 13:27
It isn't a joke, it is a parent helping their child to grow into a responsible adult.

It is true, some parents don't give their children any responsibility and they end up taking their washing home when they are 35 year olds and expecting things they want to fall at their feet.

Luna
07-09-2005, 13:42
It is true, some parents don't give their children any responsibility and they end up taking their washing home when they are 35 year olds and expecting things they want to fall at their feet.

I agree my next door neighb. Still has his father over everyday so he can do his washing ironing and make his dinner for him coming in from work :eek:

So glad that i didn't end up doing that

Trinity
07-09-2005, 13:45
Do these people have no self respect? Also - who will look after THEIR kids?

Luna
07-09-2005, 13:47
Do these people have no self respect? Also - who will look after THEIR kids?

Tell me about it and he thinks it is perfectly normal - He 44 for god sake!!! Im half his age and dont let my mother do anything in the house for me...why should she, she has enough to do on her own

eastenderfan_91
07-09-2005, 14:06
Do these people have no self respect? Also - who will look after THEIR kids? who me?

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 10:17
Such a true post Chance - it about setting the little ones ground rules and loving them enough to be hard at times

Jojo
08-09-2005, 10:19
who me?Not you hon - they mean people like Luna's neighbour who still takes their washing home at 44 etc :D

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 10:23
Not you hon - they mean people like Luna's neighbour who still takes their washing home at 44 etc :D

UNless Eaterndersfan you are 44 and still take your washing home and live next door to Luna then yes we mean you :)