PDA

View Full Version : Dieting

eastenderfan_91
05-09-2005, 19:23
How can i stick to a diet i keep pigging out and i need help! :wall:

hazey
05-09-2005, 22:59
The only why you will stick to a diet,is if you really want to losss the weight. I started and stopped for years,then a fews months ago, I decided that 4 stone over weight was too much,and I have stuck to it. Buy yourself the most expensive outfit you can afford in a size you want to get into and you will keep to the diet,just to get into it. join Debs, Myra myself and others in the summer weight loss in health and fittness, we encourage and support each other in there.

eastenderfan_91
06-09-2005, 09:19
thanks hazey do you have to say your weight since yesterday i have lost 2lbs :o

RealityGap
06-09-2005, 09:24
thanks hazey do you have to say your weight since yesterday i have lost 2lbs :o

Well done!! its not easy but you will get there!!

eastenderfan_91
06-09-2005, 09:25
yer i hope so thank you guys

Gabby
07-09-2005, 18:21
I really want to loose some weight as i think i am over weight, no one thinks i am but i just want to have a flat tummy then i would be happy!! Do you know what else i could do, cause i cant buy really expensive clothes!!

RealityGap
07-09-2005, 18:28
If you measure yourself and keep a note of them and then measure yourself every other week - the inch loss is enough to keep me going

I personally dont like the buy an expensive item of clothing in a too small size as it will fit very differently when you are thiner anyway and might not look that great

You could reward yourself with every pound you loose with an amount of money to treat yourself to something when you have gotten to where you want to be?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-09-2005, 19:43
Hmmm.. I might do that.. will you Gabbs?

Gabby
07-09-2005, 19:48
Yeah i think i will, thanks for the advice its great. Are you going to Spicy?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-09-2005, 19:53
Seems like a good idea.. Mum tells me to do slow walking on the tredmill while watching our TV. Maybe after school i should start 4 a while.. n then come on here :p

xXxJessxXx
07-09-2005, 21:48
I weigh my self each day nad only eat breakfast lunch and diiner. or sometimes not even that. i only eat if i am hungry which normally means cutting out snacks. if you can force your self to eat only when your hungry you body will get used to it and not crave food for the sake of it becuasse your board! lol, after a while your stomache will be trained to hold less and there for you'll be less hungry, eating less and weighing less! :)

But of course dont starve your self. if your hungry eat, if not dont! also a little excersise goes a long way!

eastenderfan_91
07-09-2005, 21:50
what sort of exercise that are simple as i have school soon and easy ones that will be ok

xXxJessxXx
07-09-2005, 21:55
what sort of exercise that are simple as i have school soon and easy ones that will be ok

erm i dunno, you could try sit ups. lol but if your anyhtign liek me then ignore that! lol i cant even do 1!

you could do jogging on the spot, or round the park or things they do on fitness videos like where ya lift ya leg in the air and lower it again (Not sure what the exact name for it is)lol. twising ya hips can really get rid of those love handles.! playing extra sports in and out of school, running up and down the stairs. (not sure if this actually worls!lol) erm... push ups (thats a joke! i cant do them ether!) squat things, walking fast instead of slow helps sometimes, helps loose weight quicker. (So i heard any way)

eastenderfan_91
07-09-2005, 21:57
sit ups are tiring lol i cant do many, push ups are jokes lol i cant do 1 either thank you i will try all of your recommendations

hazey
07-09-2005, 23:49
I found sit ups tiring too, until I learned that you get better results by going slowly and only come up half the way, not from flat to upright.put your hands behind your head and you slowly lift, get half way and stop and you will feel it in your tummy muscles.It has realy made a difference to my tummy.

RealityGap
08-09-2005, 12:16
I weigh my self each day nad only eat breakfast lunch and diiner. or sometimes not even that. i only eat if i am hungry which normally means cutting out snacks. if you can force your self to eat only when your hungry you body will get used to it and not crave food for the sake of it becuasse your board! lol, after a while your stomache will be trained to hold less and there for you'll be less hungry, eating less and weighing less! :)

But of course dont starve your self. if your hungry eat, if not dont! also a little excersise goes a long way!

You should try and only weigh yourself once a week - any more than that and you see natural differences from day to day fluid can make you heavier!

For some people they find eating small amounts often is better than 3 meals aday - smaller amounts more often also keep your metabolism working at a higher rate

You should also try and drink lots of water - if your body is dehydrated weight loss will be slower

luna_lovegood
23-09-2005, 17:45
If you are doing sit ups everyday and can't see the results then its probably because you need to do some cardio (aerobic exercise) to burn of the fat in the way of your muscle. I've been doing both exercise combined and I can see a difference now.